Jonah Falcon

0
Jonah
3/24/2005 6:08:37 PM
comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg 10727 articles. 0 followers. jonahnynla (1774) is leader. Post Follow

Can't read article, Websense blocks it.
But I played beta for a bit, and if things didn't change much... well,
the game sucks, the interface was hard to work with, movement was hard,
no first person view, and I didn't like their EQisation of it (don't
remember seeing any part in the movies where people had pets, or
healers *shrug*)

0
wolfing1
3/24/2005 6:36:37 PM
On 24 Mar 2005 10:36:37 -0800, wolfing1@yahoo.com wrote:

>Can't read article, Websense blocks it.
>But I played beta for a bit, and if things didn't change much... well,
>the game sucks, the interface was hard to work with, movement was hard,
>no first person view, and I didn't like their EQisation of it (don't
>remember seeing any part in the movies where people had pets, or
>healers *shrug*)

What's Websense and why would it block that article? Just because it
has the word spy in it? That doesn't make sense.
0
Connected
3/24/2005 8:17:47 PM
Connected <connected@somewhere.here> wrote in

> On 24 Mar 2005 10:36:37 -0800, wolfing1@yahoo.com wrote:
>
>>Can't read article, Websense blocks it.
>>But I played beta for a bit, and if things didn't change much... well,
>>the game sucks, the interface was hard to work with, movement was hard,
>>no first person view, and I didn't like their EQisation of it (don't
>>remember seeing any part in the movies where people had pets, or
>>healers *shrug*)
>
> What's Websense and why would it block that article? Just because it
> has the word spy in it? That doesn't make sense.

Websense is a program corporations use to police their internet. It
blocks sites based on content. In this case, it's probably being blocked
because it is "Gaming Related" or whatever. My company uses it too, and
it's a major PITA. Essentially it's a net-nanny that instead of working
on the local machine works on the entire corporate network.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.
0
knight37
3/24/2005 10:12:05 PM
"Jonah Falcon" <jonahnynla@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-matrix-online/598441p1.html

Sorry but this game sucked

0
Joiner
3/25/2005 5:18:36 AM
On 24 Mar 2005 22:12:05 GMT, knight37 <knight37m@gmail.com> wrote:

>Websense is a program corporations use to police their internet. It
>blocks sites based on content. In this case, it's probably being blocked
>because it is "Gaming Related" or whatever. My company uses it too, and
>it's a major PITA. Essentially it's a net-nanny that instead of working
>on the local machine works on the entire corporate network.

You poor bugga!
0
Connected
3/25/2005 7:27:33 PM
wolfing1@yahoo.com wrote:

>Can't read article, Websense blocks it.
>But I played beta for a bit, and if things didn't change much... well,
>the game sucks, the interface was hard to work with, movement was hard,
>no first person view, and I didn't like their EQisation of it (don't
>remember seeing any part in the movies where people had pets, or
>healers *shrug*)

You missed the scenes in #1 where she brought him back to life, and #2
where he did the same for her?  You missed the whole thing in #2 where
the guy he freed was his virtual lapdog every minute he was in zion?

I too was in beta.  Sorry to say, this game which had such potential is
likely going nowhere.  :(

0
Quaestor