TOEE - Party, stats etc,

I've played a few different parties, trying different things out. I'm not a
d&d 3.x officiando and need some guidance. First the party. I am have two
right now that I like:

Fighter Paladin Cleric Rogue and Sorcerer
Fighter Monk Cleric Rogue and Wizard

Both parties do pretty well. Any thoughts on improving these parties? Is the
wizard as good as the sorcerer in the long run? I like the multiple magic
missiles that my sorcerer has, but the wizard has many more spells to choose
from.

I love monks but not sure how well monks do in this game. They worked pretty
well in NWN and I loved my monks from Bards Tale. Should the monk use the
staff he starts with or go unarmed all the time? Do the monk bonuses really
only apply to unarmed combat? And if you get light armor skill for the monk
does it affect his unarmed capability? Can the monk replace the rogue
assuming you have magical open door, knock capability, and good searching
skills.

For skills and stats,  it seems that it is imperative that you have high
intelligence in all party members because of the skill points you get. My
fighter in the second party has 11 intelligence and gets, I think, 3 skill
points per level. This is brutal. My Rogue gets a huge number, 20 plus. Is
this totally based on intelligence or are there race and or other factors
that come into play?

The first party had done pretty well and has cleared the moat house and is
ready to head on. The second party is just entering the moat house and has
done the town quests or at least most of them.

I guess what I am looking for is a little more information on what are the
critical stats and skills for the various party members that I have. I wish
I could edit the character stats so that I could get the critical stats high
enough but increase intelligence to get the skill points. Any guidance in
these areas would be appreciated.

0
LoneCoyote
9/21/2003 8:50:19 PM
comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg 10729 articles. 0 followers. jonahnynla (1774) is leader. Post Follow

"LoneCoyote" <lonecoyote@shaw.blabla.ca> writes:

> Both parties do pretty well. Any thoughts on improving these parties? Is the
> wizard as good as the sorcerer in the long run? I like the multiple magic
> missiles that my sorcerer has, but the wizard has many more spells to choose
> from.

My strategy has been to have a single-classed Wizard, since those 3rd
level spells are extremely useful (you know the ones I'm talking
about) and the Wizard gets them sooner, and more of them. I've got a
dual-classed rogue/sorc, and she mainly uses spells for id and read
magic.

> I love monks but not sure how well monks do in this game.

My monk's pretty effective, especially after 5th level when the bare
handed attacks start becoming effective. I suspect a human fighter
with a big weapon would still be doing more damage, but the monk is
fun and the idle adnimations are a riot.

I don't have all the answers to your questions about monks, but I
think a monk could replace a rogue, and knock is a 2nd level spell, so
it's not as though you'd be giving up magic missiles to memorize it.

> For skills and stats,  it seems that it is imperative that you have high
> intelligence in all party members because of the skill points you get. My
> fighter in the second party has 11 intelligence and gets, I think, 3 skill
> points per level. This is brutal. My Rogue gets a huge number, 20 plus. Is
> this totally based on intelligence or are there race and or other factors
> that come into play?

Rogues get  a ton more skill points than the other clases. It's
because their class specialties (disable device, open locks, the
traditional thieve's skills) are skill-based.

> The first party had done pretty well and has cleared the moat house and is
> ready to head on. The second party is just entering the moat house and has
> done the town quests or at least most of them.

With stats you kind of have to go with what you like best. My
characters with regular int scores aren't hurting too badly due to
lack of skill points... I screwed up my monk because she has a higher
int than wis, but it's hardly been a gamestopper and she's still a
really effective character.

Nick

--
#  sigmask  ||  0.2  ||  20030107  ||  public domain  ||  feed this to a python
print reduce(lambda x,y:x+chr(ord(y)-1),' Ojdl!Wbshjti!=obwAcboefstobudi/psh?')

> Is the wizard as good as the sorcerer in the long run?

IMO wizard is a great addition to most parties.  Since a wizard can copy
any spell he finds into his spellbook and then scribe that spell to a
scroll, he becomes a great asset to the party.  If you have a bard or
rogue you can bump up their use magical device skill a lot and have the
ability to cast any spell your wizard can cast.  Plus the wizards always
get access to higher level spells one level earlier than the sorceror.

> I love monks but not sure how well monks do in this game. They worked
> pretty well in NWN and I loved my monks from Bards Tale. Should the
> monk use the staff he starts with or go unarmed all the time? Do the
> monk bonuses really only apply to unarmed combat? And if you get light
> armor skill for the monk does it affect his unarmed capability? Can
> the monk replace the rogue assuming you have magical open door, knock
> capability, and good searching skills.

Not sure about skills, but I can answer your other questions.  Monks can
only use their Flurry of Blows ability (on extra attack per round)
unarmed.  I think that their special moves like Stunning Fist and Ki
Strike also work unarmed only.  Also, when wearing any armor they cannot
use any special Monk abilities, including the Wisdom bonus to AC.

If I were to make a Monk in this game, I'd take two levels of Fighter
first, get Weapon Focus (Unarmed Strike) and some other combat feats,
like Power Attack and Cleave, for instance.  Then when you take your
first level of Monk the -2 Flurry of Blows penalty will be offset by your
Fighter BAB and you'll be ahead of the game in feats.  Also remember that
if you want to multiclass a Monk, you can't return to the Monk class
after you've left it.  So if you had a level 1 Monk and took a level in
another class for level 2, you could never take another level of Monk.

> For skills and stats,  it seems that it is imperative that you have
> high intelligence in all party members because of the skill points you
> get.

It might seem that way, but some characters just don't need skill points.
With a party of five that you make yourself, you should be able to get
away with two characters with no skills.  I have a Half Orc Cleric of
Hextor with domains Destruction and War that is a great character, but
she has 4 int.  She gets 1 skill point per level which I put in
Concentration, and that's fine.  She doesn't need anything else.

I would recommend any Bards or Rogues having at least 17 if not 18 int.
Although you can increase it later, try for the 18 at first level,
because increases of int later on do not grant retroactive skill points,
unlike say, con which gives retroactive hit points for each level.

> My fighter in the second party has 11 intelligence and gets, I
> think, 3 skill points per level. This is brutal. My Rogue gets a huge
> number, 20 plus. Is this totally based on intelligence or are there
> race and or other factors that come into play?

Each class gets a number of skill points based on it's class.  Then your
int bonus is added to that.  Also, humans get 4 extra points at 1st level
and 1 each level thereafter.  So I'm assuming you have a human fighter
there.  He gets 2 points for being a fighter, 1 for being a human, and 0
from his int bonus.  If you increase his int to 12 he'll get an extra
point per level from then on.
0
Brian
9/22/2003 3:26:29 PM
Thank you Nick and Brian. Some good information in there. My latest party
is:
Dwarf Fighter, Human Monk, Human Cleric, Hobbit Rogue, and Elf Sorcerer.
have used the high rolls in the right places according to the manual. ie
high charisma for the sorcerer and high charisma and wisdom for the cleric.
My characters are level 2 and well on their way to level 3. I am clearing
the mote house...again. 8) Great combat game, with lots of strategies you
need to consider when getting into a fight. I've lost a few characters in
some of these fights but if you repostion your party members and think
tactically you can usually overcome anything...usually.

"Brian Christopher Robinson" <a@b.c> wrote in message
> [...]
> Although you can increase it later, try for the 18 at first level,
> because increases of int later on do not grant retroactive skill points,
> unlike say, con which gives retroactive hit points for each level.
>
> > My fighter in the second party has 11 intelligence and gets, I
> > think, 3 skill points per level. This is brutal. My Rogue gets a huge
> > number, 20 plus. Is this totally based on intelligence or are there
> > race and or other factors that come into play?
>
> Each class gets a number of skill points based on it's class.  Then your
> int bonus is added to that.  Also, humans get 4 extra points at 1st level
> and 1 each level thereafter.  So I'm assuming you have a human fighter
> there.  He gets 2 points for being a fighter, 1 for being a human, and 0
> from his int bonus.  If you increase his int to 12 he'll get an extra

0
LoneCoyote
9/22/2003 6:38:07 PM
On 22 Sep 2003 15:26:29 GMT, Brian Christopher Robinson <a@b.c> wrote:

>Not sure about skills, but I can answer your other questions.  Monks can
>only use their Flurry of Blows ability (on extra attack per round)
>unarmed.

  Also works with monk special weapons, including the quarterstaff.

> I think that their special moves like Stunning Fist and Ki
>Strike also work unarmed only.

  True, but in the PnP version, you are still be able to make an
unarmed stunning fist attack even if holding a weapon (feet, head,
elbows and knees ect).

-
To Reply: Take off every Zig!
EAC - Director of Temporal Adjustment
Ordained Minister - Universal Life Church
0
Scott

Looking for TRS-80 manufacturing stats #2
Anyone know an approximate number of units manufactured in the different models? I'm mostly interested in numbers for the following models: 100 200 4 12 16b Any guesses? Any authoritive answers Thanks, Kelly Kelly Leavitt <kb2syd@gmail.com> wrote: : Anyone know an approximate number of units manufactured in the : different models? Maybe they have changed their tune, but back then, Tandy didn't disclose sales figures of any of the computers, unless a given number suited them. I suspect the Radio Shack corp of today barely even remembers that period ...

TOEE: Where to rest?
Is there anywhere I can rest for free in TOEE? My party seems to keep limping back from major battles and need several days to heal. The inn gets rather expensive! Anonymous via the Cypherpunks Tonga Remailer wrote: > Is there anywhere I can rest for free in TOEE? My party seems to keep limping > back from major battles and need several days to heal. The inn gets rather > expensive! If you've cleared the tower at the entrance to the moathouse that's a green tent area and safe to rest/craft. -- John Parkinson On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 12:12:35 +0200 (CEST), Anonymous vi...

a good website for softwares,sports,movies and music ,sex etc.
www.space666.com good ...

an SE 'review' with no comment on how it works,, learning curve or bugs etc
http://www.designnews.com/blog/130000213/post/1310026931.html and no other reviews poping up on google... thats a little odd for a product promoting such severe adantages. On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 01:42:13 -0700 (PDT), phil scott <phil@philscott.net> wrote: >http://www.designnews.com/blog/130000213/post/1310026931.html > > >and no other reviews poping up on google... thats a little odd for a >product promoting such severe adantages. Publication takes time but there is lots of noise by non-users. Actual comments by real users would probably be on the internal SE/UG BB...

TOEE Demo?
Does anyone know the status of the demo? Is the KaZaa deal it? If that is so, I am very disappointed. Thanks Kietz ...

Re: Stats question
SAS/ETS features tools for forecasting and analyses of time series. But first you'll need a better grasp of the data that you have and what a "trend" is and isn't. I'd call your sample of data a cross-section, time series. Each block of state data contains an annual time series. A "trend" refers to consecutively (or almost so) increasing or decreasing values. Each state may have its own annual trend from 2003 to 2007. Alternatively, mean values across states may have a different trend. Trends could be linear or exponential. Time series may also exhibit cycles ...

How to turn on telnet etc?
Not being a sysadmin type, I have been struggling with getting networking stuff to work in a new redhat linux 8 installation. It seems that the default installation has most of the neworking services turned off (in xinetd.conf, disallow = yes). I made sure in the xinetd.conf section for telnet, disallow = no, telnet and xinetd services were running, telnet would still fail. Is there more to it than just turning on the services and setting disallow = no? On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 22:40:43 -0800, Ben wrote: > Not being a sysadmin type, I have been struggling with getting > net...

spline/ stats toolbox?
Does matlab toolbox has the following features? 1. performing K-fold cross validation 2. Lasso regression (using K-fold cross validation to choose the tuning parameter) 3. smoothing spline (or spline) for 2 or more independent variables 4. Can we do the natural spline in matlab easily (and with 2 or more independent variables)? Someone should already have coded them. ...

toee
If I get to level 10 with a single class character will I lose the option to multiclass? It seems like I would since multiclassing is only an option when you level and you cant level after 10. If I multiclass on my 10th level, say for example to 9th level fighter/ 1st level rogue will I still be able to level both of them after that? "Adam Russell" <REMOVE_THIS_adamrussell@sbcglobal.net> wrote in news:blq6f6$f9vfb$1@ID-122512.news.uni-berlin.de: > If I get to level 10 with a single class character will I lose the > option to multiclass? It seems like I would since...

Stats for comp.lang.c (last 7 days) #9
============================================================================ Analysis of posts to comp.lang.c ============================================================================ (stats compiled with a script by Garry Knight) Total posts considered: 1,329 over 7 days Earliest article: Sat Nov 24 08:04:01 2007 Latest article: Sat Nov 24 06:04:02 2007 Original articles: 111, replies: 1,218 Total size of posts: 3,111,342 bytes (3,038K) (2.97M) Average 189 articles per day, 0.42 MB per day, 2,341 bytes per article Total headers: 1,536 KB bodies: 1...

Troll-Free COLA Stats: Saturday the 19th of January, 2013.
ngstats.pl version 1.38 Written by Roy Culley. Contributions from Mark Kent. Modifications by Homer, 2007 - 2012. Published under the authority of 7, President of COLA. All Hail the President! This report covers 193 articles received by this system to newsgroup comp.os.linux.advocacy [1] ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Toplist of Posters Pos Poster Msgs Bytes Quoted 1. chrisv <chrisv@nospam.invalid> 28 12060 66% 2. 7 <email_at_www_at_enemygadgets_dot...

Another stats question
Here's one that's puzzled me for a while.... In books on regression, when they talk about looking at residuals, it' often suggested that studentized residuals with absolute value larger than 2 should be examined. But if the residuals are normally distributed (as assumed by, e.g., ordinary least squares) then if the data set is large, ought we not expect some to be larger than 2? Shouldn't the cutoff for residuals that merit examination account for sample size? Or am I missing something? Peter Peter L. Flom, PhD Assistant Director, Statistics and Data Analysis Core Center f...

Dual boot issue: GRUB/NTLDR etc.
I'm deeeeply frustrated, guys... :o( I'm struggling to dual boot my Debian Sarge with a pre-existing Windoz XP. After seeking any good info all 'round the web, I'm begging your attention... I tried this sequence of approaches: 1) I installed GRUB over the master boot record (as the debian installer option suggests in order to override the Windoz default boot manager, aka NTLDR): the installer hanged up for an indefinite time (frozen?), so it was necessary to restart the system (brute force!), while NTLDR was yet there alive 'n' kicking (GRUB installat...

TOEE... where to begin?
I hate early level D&D games. I hate it with a passion. I absolutely abhor games where your characters have 7 hps, and could easily die in one round if a dice roll sez so. It could be a surprise attack from skeletons spawning right beside you, or it could be a critical hit, or it could simply be a single attack that takes 7 hps off your health. It's almost as moronic as resting 18 days just to heal the party after a battle with 4 skeletons. I know it won't always be like that, but it is during the early level D&D games. Anyway, what is a good way of starting TOEE so my pa...

Hello all, Should it be possible to load the host service principal from /etc/krb5.keytab for the purpose of authenticating against an Active Directory server? That is, should I expect this to work? kinit -k host/buildmaster.example.com@EXAMPLE.COM I invariably receive the following error message: kinit(v5): Client not found in Kerberos database while getting initial credentials Everything else seems to be working fine (I can kinit as a user, and those credentials are accepted for access to the server). The specified principal is listed by 'klist -k': KVNO Principal ---- --...

a good website for softwares,movies and music etc. #2
www.space666.com support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

ToEE trainers
Are there any decent trainers yet? >From: Aquila Aquila@Aquila.com >Date: 12/12/2003 4:42 AM Pacific Standard Time >Message-id: <3FD9B7C1.8284C049@Aquila.com> > >Are there any decent trainers yet? > > I'm hosting one put together by someone from the ToEE forums: http://www.atar.com/alexmars/editors.htm Scroll down to the ToEE section. -Well, God was my co-pilot....but we crashed into a mountain and I had to eat Him. www.atar.com/alexmars (yet another useless web site) ...

KOTOR or ToEE?
I am getting a little burned out playing MMORPGs, and was going to pick up one of these two games. I usually buy games like ToEE immediately, but stayed away due to all of the bugs reported here. Which do you think is the better game at this point? James_ schrieb: > I am getting a little burned out playing MMORPGs, and was going to pick up > one of these two games. I usually buy games like ToEE immediately, but > stayed away due to all of the bugs reported here. Which do you think is the > better game at this point? > If you like a game that's almost nothing but combat,...

ToEE: anyone ever pickpocket anything cool?
i've pickpocketed almost everyone in hommlet and never once found anything really interesting. anyone found anything of note? ...

program for file permissions etc
Please, can anyone suggest a program (with downloading link) that I can use to check for file system permissions, unusual configurations and permissions seamlessly, along with other admin tasks? tnx On Wed, 22 Aug 2012 09:34:21 +0100, david nnaemeka wrote: > Please, can anyone suggest a program (with downloading link) that I can > use to check for file system permissions, unusual configurations and > permissions seamlessly, along with other admin tasks? > tnx You might be better off with a script that hooks into ls. Not sure if there's a dedicated program to...

[News] Another Set of New Lists of Applications for GNU/Linux (Groupware, Clipboard, Etc)

Website with Perl-Tk RPMs/Source/etc.?
Is there a site that lists the various RPM's available, maybe source, binaries? I've checked www.perltk.org, and am having trouble getting through to www.bastille-linux.org to see their chart. Is there an alternate location for the packages for linux? Could use some input here! Hi, Sim wrote: > Is there a site that lists the various RPM's available, maybe source, > binaries? I've checked www.perltk.org, and am having trouble getting > through to www.bastille-linux.org to see their chart. Is there an > alternate location for the packages for linux?...

does sql server collect stats on full table scans?
Hi all. Anyone know if sql server collects stats on how many full table scans a table gets and if so how do I get at those stats? Trying to track down poorly indexed tables / processes and I am guessing that sql server does have this data secreted away somewhere much like my db2 and informix databases do. On 20 Oct 2004 06:41:51 -0700, sumGirl wrote: > Hi all. Anyone know if sql server collects stats on how many full > table scans a table gets and if so how do I get at those stats? Trying > to track down poorly indexed tables / processes and I am guessing that > sql server does h...

Stats Question
I am just learning the ways of BIND 9. I am new to dns. I have two dns servers running with just a few people using them. I ran a rndc stats to see how things were going. Contrasting what I am seeing in the book DNS and BIND it looks like I have an inordinant number of nxdomain issues. Here is the named.stats file: +++ Statistics Dump +++ (1077898378) success 540 referral 0 nxrrset 17 nxdomain 338 recursion 501 failure 0 --- Statistics Dump --- (1077898378) +++ Statistics Dump +++ (1077912492) success 611 referral 0 nxrrset 17 nxdomain 373 recursion 595 failure 0 --- ...

Atari Online News, Etc. #08-32
A-ONE #0832 08/11/06 ~ Online Free Speech Woe ~ People Are Talking! ~ eBay Slide Show! ~ LinuxWorld Next Week! ~ Apple Previews Leopard ~ AOL Privacy Screw-up ~ Pac-Man Goes Digital! ~ Google Protects Users! ~ IE 7+ Name Dropped! ~ Web Solicitation Drops ~ Apple Dumps Power Mac! ~ AOL E-mail Domains! -* Cybercrime Treaty Ratified! *- -* GFA Basic Compiler/Linker Update! *- -* Dem's Senate Campaign Alleges Cyberattack! *- ___ ___ / \----/ \ ...