Wizardry 8 - unsolved Trynton question

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hello all. I've done search after search and have yet found anything
mentioning the fire brazier near the pool that regenerates magic,
stamina, or sometimes hexes party members. It says that a specific
item is required. I thought that it may be like the four braziers
inside the pagoda where you use the blue marble to enter, so I used
some incense, but no dice. I've completed the game a couple of times
but have had no luck solving this riddle. Is there really something
there, or is it one of those incomplete sections of the game?

Thanks for any help
0
Reply davidburnfed 8/2/2004 4:00:48 PM

See related articles to this posting

"JonDavid" <davidburnfed@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Hello all. I've done search after search and have yet found anything
> mentioning the fire brazier near the pool that regenerates magic,
> stamina, or sometimes hexes party members. It says that a specific
> item is required. I thought that it may be like the four braziers
> inside the pagoda where you use the blue marble to enter, so I used
> some incense, but no dice. I've completed the game a couple of times
> but have had no luck solving this riddle. Is there really something
> there, or is it one of those incomplete sections of the game?
>
> Thanks for any help

No help from me but I would like to know.  Also,  I like to add if any one
found a use for the sacred tome (book) found near the rapax in the trynton
tree.

Stephen

0
Reply Stephen 8/2/2004 4:29:44 PM

In article <YZtPc.5579$AY5.2636@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com>,
Stephen wrote:

> "JonDavid" <davidburnfed@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>> Hello all. I've done search after search and have yet found
>> anything mentioning the fire brazier near the pool that
>> regenerates magic, stamina, or sometimes hexes party members.
>> It says that a specific item is required. I thought that it
>> may be like the four braziers inside the pagoda where you use
>> the blue marble to enter, so I used some incense, but no dice.
>> I've completed the game a couple of times but have had no luck
>> solving this riddle. Is there really something there, or is it
>> one of those incomplete sections of the game?
>>
>> Thanks for any help
>
> No help from me but I would like to know.  Also,  I like to add
> if any one found a use for the sacred tome (book) found near
> the rapax in the trynton tree.

In reverse order:

The tome is merely a clue to the steps necessary to summon the
Shaman at the 7th Bough.

The brazier near the fountain is a Red Herring, and of no value
or interest whatever.

--
Neil Cerutti "Between you and me, I don't like poetry.  It's hollow,
  unsubstantial--unsatisfactory.  What's the use of yearning for

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Wizardry 8 question
Is it First-person? Yes. "Aquila" <Aquila@Aquila.com> wrote in message news:3F7C054F.35C6F416@Aquila.com... > Is it First-person? > > On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 11:00:30 +0000 (UTC), Aquila <Aquila@Aquila.com> wrote: >Is it First-person? > Yes, first 'persons' Bitstring <3F7C054F.35C6F416@Aquila.com>, from the wonderful person Aquila <Aquila@Aquila.com> said >Is it First-person? Yes, it's =only= first person (despite the fact the 'person' is a party of 6 or 8, all of whom can be facing in different directions .. thi...

Wizardry 8 question help
I've just restarted this game as I await a second patch (hopefully there is one) for ToEE. I had forgotten how immersive it was. Anyway, I thought after playing through this before there was a way for the party to jump, yet the control config in the options screen makes no mention of this. Is there a way to jump in Wizardry 8? There is a walkthough that makes mention of a part where the party can jump, so I am intrigued. Thanks in advance. BrandtP In article <y9zyb.17131$687.989320@twister.columbus.rr.com>, Brandt P wrote: > I've just restarted this game as I await a ...

Wizardry 8 question
I just started playing Wizardry 8 last night. I haven't gotten very far at all, but I'm enjoying it. The problem is, my gadgeteer's Omni-gun, or whatever it's called, is out of ammo. What does it take for ammo and how do I reload it? I read in the manual that you place ammo in the off-hand. That makes sense. What does an omni-gun use for ammo, though? I didn't think to try using bullet stones, because I thought those were just for slings. Is it something really obvious that I'm just missing? Pete Peter Meilinger said: >I just started playing Wizardry 8 last night....

What is the (8) FDisk(8) (newbie question)?
I now that when something like (8) in Fdisk(8) appears in documentation it means some reference in the man pages. But I do not know what exactly in mean. Can you clarify it for me please? "Eliezer Figueroa" <efigueroa@propoint.com.do> wrote in message news:Xns9466AB8E68E9efigueroapropointcom@216.196.97.132... > I now that when something like (8) in Fdisk(8) appears in documentation it > means some reference in the man pages. But I do not know what exactly in > mean. Can you clarify it for me please? Do a man man, it'll explain it better than I can he...

Sendmail-8.12.8 and relay question?
System is Linux Mandrake-9.1 with distribution based sendmail-8.12.8. I have been using it for some time but today I checked it for 'open-relay' with www.abuse.net instructions. The test claims that it suffers from open-relay problem! So I looked at the configuration files in /etc/mail. File sendmail.mc contains a feature entry: FEATURE('relay_based_on_MX')dnl what does this feature mean? Could it be the cause of test result? Could the test result be just a false positive? How do I close the realy hole (in case is the real thing)? -ishwar On 3 Aug 2004 17:33:17 -0700, ...

Sendmail 8.12.8 relaying question
Hi there, After having read the documentation for Sendmail 8.12.8, it's quite clear that by default, relaying is denied. However, I have to open up some relaying. So I added some domains to the /mail/relay-domains file, and this works out quite fine. However, I get e-mails from many different customers, and when I reply to their domains, the replied mails get denied as the domains are not in the relay-domains list. So I thought about re-configuring sendmail so as to allow relaying without any restrictions. However, that would mean that I would have to re-build the sendmail.cf file fr...

Suggested help for Peoplesoft 8.8 question
Can anyone suggest a newsgroup or something similar to assist in a Peoplesoft 8.8 question? Thanks! Tony Miller Monroe, WA -- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- My Outlook Express Inbox is protected from junk messages by SpamArrow software.It saves me lots of time.You can too. Free trial version can be downloaded from http://www.SpamArrow.com ...

OpenUNIX 8 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) #8
Archive-name: unix-faq/openunix/misc-faq-pointer Posting-Frequency: monthly Version: 3.0.1a Last-modified: 2002/08/12 URL: http://www.zenez.com/cgi-bin/ou8faq/faq.pl Maintainer: Boyd Lynn Gerber <gerberb@zenez.com> Disclaimer: Approval for *.answers is based on form, not content. The latest version of the OpenUNIX 8 Faq is available from... The size is about 230 KB for the text version. Web http://www.zenez.com/cgi-bin/ou8faq/faq.pl Searchable html version. Ftp ftp://ftp.zenez.com/pub/zenez/FAQ/ou8faqqt.txt Anon, (unixtext) Current home. Thanks, ...

Question #8
Hi, Currently I have 2 X T-1 multilink'd into a Cisco 2811. I just ordered a new 10MB Metro Ethernet circuit. Would you recommend plugging the ethernet handoff from the carrier directly into a firewall bypassing the router? Thanks, Chad On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 22:07:31 -0400, Chad Mahoney wrote: > Currently I have 2 X T-1 multilink'd into a Cisco 2811. I just ordered a > new 10MB Metro Ethernet circuit. Would you recommend plugging the > ethernet handoff from the carrier directly into a firewall bypassing the > router? You can answer that simply enough yourself - is th...

Question #8
I would like to know if there is a perl module that would actually help me send gif, gpeg files(like company logos) through Perl. I am able to use net::smtp to generate mails containg text information, however I would like to add company logo in every mail I send. Please let me know Thanks It was a dark and stormy night, and Kobe Clinton managed to scribble: > I would like to know if there is a perl module that would actually > help me send gif, gpeg files(like company logos) through Perl. > I am able to use net::smtp to generate mails containg text > information, however I woul...

question #8
how do one convert decimal to binary? Darklight wrote: > how do one convert decimal to binary? int main(void) { int x = 37; x = x; /* x is now 37 (base 10) */ x = x; /* x is now 25 (base 16) */ x = x; /* x is now 45 (base 8) */ x = x; /* x is now 100101 (base 2) */ x = x; /* x is now 1b (base 26) */ return 0; } Easy, isn't it? Hi Darklight wrote: > how do one convert decimal to binary? One rewrites a sum of (distinct) powers of 10 as a sum of (distinct) powers of 2, i.e.: \sum_{i=0}^n a_i 10^i = \sum_{i=0}^m b_i 2^i where 0 <= a_i &...

Question #8
Is there anything that can be added to this code to disable right click on images or hyperlinks to hide the status also? function hidestatus(){ window.status='Done' return true } if (document.layers) document.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEOVER | Event.MOUSEOUT) document.onmouseover=hidestatus document.onmouseout=hidestatus Brian Wilson wrote: > Is there anything that can be added to this code to disable right click on > images or hyperlinks to hide the status also? > function hidestatus(){ > window.status='Done' > return true > } > if (document.layers)...

a question #8
dear friends it's an electrical computer eng. m.s.which wants to detect any am situation in a tunnel traffic by using matlab. i searched matlab image processing toolbox to find any useful thing, but i didn't find anything. would you please help me how to do it. best regards sh moadab sh moaddab wrote: > > > dear friends > it's an electrical computer eng. m.s.which wants to detect any jam > situation in a tunnel traffic by using matlab. i searched matlab > image processing toolbox to find any useful thing, but i didn't > find > anything. > would y...

Question #8
What do I study to understand the underpinnings of Mac OSX 10.4? TIA Philip Meech wrote: > What do I study to understand the underpinnings of Mac OSX 10.4? TIA FreeBSD Begin <aEUce.7358$cZ6.6338@fe02.lga> On 2005-04-30, Nick Bachmann <usenet@not-real.org> wrote: > Philip Meech wrote: >> What do I study to understand the underpinnings of Mac OSX 10.4? TIA > > FreeBSD Oh, so close, and so wrong. The proper answer is of course ``darwin'', and apple does publish lots of stuff on their website about it. Also, the deepest core is mach4 based, which FreeBSD ...

wizardry 8
Hi. Where can I find the Pulse Pick, am in Lower Martens Bluff and need if for a door. Thx. email at ptredw@shaw.ca pattr said: >Hi. Where can I find the Pulse Pick, am in Lower Martens Bluff and need >if for a door. In the T'rang base, there's a room with a slime pit. Attached to this room are several dead end rooms and a tunnel to the mines. One of the dead end rooms has the pulse pick. -- Stephen Mackey ...

question #8
The 36 possible outcomes of rolling two dice. 7.18 What does the following program do? 1 // Ex. 7.18: Ex07_18.cpp 2 // What does this program do? 3 #include <iostream> 4 using std::cout; 5 using std::endl; 6 7 int whatIsThis( int [], int ); // function prototype 8 9 int main() 10 { 11 const int arraySize = 10; 12 int a[ arraySize ] = { 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 }; 13 14 int result = whatIsThis( a, arraySize ); 15 16 cout << "Result is " << result << endl; 17 return 0; // indicates successful termination 18 } // en...

question #8
hai, can anyone please send me how to create a cuboid or any 3dimensional object in matlab and also how to calculate the distance of a point from the 3d object anand kgopalan: <SNIP wants to know - among other things - how to create a 3d object in ML... a hint for a good start: % at the command prompt type sphere % followed by help sphere help ellipsoid help cylinder % as well as type sphere % ...and so on us ...

Question #8
Dear ALL Supose that we have an matrix, lets say a[200,200] most of the elements are 0 I want to find the coordinates and the values of the elements that are not zero within the matrix (eg valye 5, col 12, row 17) if i give the commanf index=WHERE(a gt 0) then the result is a long aray of dimesion 1. any suggestions? Thank You in advance Kostas On 05/31/2011 10:02 AM, Konstantinos wrote: > Dear ALL > > Supose that we have an matrix, lets say a[200,200] > most of the elements are 0 > I want to find the coordinates and the values of the elements that are > not zero withi...

Patching to version 8.12.8-9.80 : questions
Hi, I'm using redhat 8.0. I've just updated sendmail to version 8.12.8-9.80 using the rpm downloaded from Redhat's ftp site and I get this message " /etc/mail/sendmail.cf created as /etc/mail/sendmail.cf.rpmnew. Do I need to rename my existing senmail.cf and replace it with the new the new one (sendmail.cf.rpmnew) by renaming sendmail.cf.rpmnew to sendmail.cf or I can continue to use the old one and not worry about the recent vulnerability that was discovered. Aslo, on Redhat's site, there are 4 files to be downloaded. namely. 1) sendmail-8.12.8-9.80.i386.rpm 2) sendma...

Mac OS 8.6 from OS 8.5 question
I would like to upgrade a Powerbook 1400, which currently has OS 8.5 on it, to OS 8.6. The computer is only being used for fairly simple tasks, so getting a more recent computer isn't worthwhile at this point. My understanding is that the OS 8.6 update is still available on the Apple web site, and I can find a page listing of a lot of old software to download (including some OS 6 stuff as well as stuff from the Apple II era) here: http://www.info.apple.com/support/oldersoftwarelist.html However, the only 8.6 relevant information there is a text file. This test file has some URLs in it...

Question on migration from TCL 8.3 to TCL 8.6
Hi All, I am working on a EDA tool which is built on TCL 8.3 platform. I need to upgrade the platform to TCL 8.6. Is it proper to move directly from 8.3 to 8.6 version? Or should I upgrade to TCL 8.5 as TCL 8.6 is still beta version. Please suggest me precautions. Please point me to documentation/User guide related to this. Thanks for help, Divyesh On Thursday, 30 January 2014 04:47:57 UTC, Divyesh Patel wrote: > Is it proper to move directly from 8.3 to 8.6 version? Or should I upgrade to TCL 8.5 as TCL 8.6 is still beta version. > Tcl 8.6.1 is now the current ...

question #8
Hello. How could I have acess on the following presentation? "Integration in Mathematica: Past, Present, and Future" by Oleg Marichev appeared in 1998 Worldwide Mathematica Conference Here http://library.wolfram.com/conferences/conference98/abstracts/integration_in_mathematica.html you can see just the abstract. Thanks! Dimitris ...

question #8
I'm still learning Python and was wanting to get some thoughts on this. I apologize if this sounds ridiculous... I'm mainly asking it to gain some knowledge of what works better. The main question I have is if I had a lot of lists to choose from, what's the best way to write the code so I'm not wasting a lot of memory? I've attempted to list a few examples below to hopefully be a little clearer about my question. Lets say I was going to be pulling different data, depending on what the user entered. I was thinking I could create a function which contained various funct...

Atari 8-Bit Computers: Frequently Asked Questions #8
Archive-name: atari-8-bit/faq Posting-Frequency: 60 days Last-modified: March 28, 2006 Welcome to the comp.sys.atari.8bit newsgroup! Atari 8-Bit Computers Frequently Asked Questions List ___________ _______________ | ///////// | _____________ | ||||||||||| | |___________| | | | ||_______|| | |______/////| |____[---]____| | / _________ \ | |LLLLLLLLLLL| ...

C Interface question. RE: 8.0 vs 8.4
This is a multipart message in MIME format. --=_alternative 004E173186257152_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Hello All, I am currently working to re-work a C app with a Tcl/Tk UI. It had been built on Tcl/Tk 8.0 and I intend to use 8.4.12. My problem comes when I attempt to execute the compiled C app. When built and run under 8.0, it works fine. However, I get an error in the function Tcl_Init when built and run under 8.4.12. I use the standard Windows Tcl/Tk install programs in both cases. In order to isolate the problem, I stripped all the code but the i...