Wizardry 8 - unsolved Trynton question

Hello all. I've done search after search and have yet found anything
mentioning the fire brazier near the pool that regenerates magic,
stamina, or sometimes hexes party members. It says that a specific
item is required. I thought that it may be like the four braziers
inside the pagoda where you use the blue marble to enter, so I used
some incense, but no dice. I've completed the game a couple of times
but have had no luck solving this riddle. Is there really something
there, or is it one of those incomplete sections of the game?

Thanks for any help
0
davidburnfed
8/2/2004 4:00:48 PM
comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg 10734 articles. 0 followers. jonahnynla (1774) is leader. Post Follow

"JonDavid" <davidburnfed@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Hello all. I've done search after search and have yet found anything
> mentioning the fire brazier near the pool that regenerates magic,
> stamina, or sometimes hexes party members. It says that a specific
> item is required. I thought that it may be like the four braziers
> inside the pagoda where you use the blue marble to enter, so I used
> some incense, but no dice. I've completed the game a couple of times
> but have had no luck solving this riddle. Is there really something
> there, or is it one of those incomplete sections of the game?
>
> Thanks for any help

No help from me but I would like to know.  Also,  I like to add if any one
found a use for the sacred tome (book) found near the rapax in the trynton
tree.

Stephen

0
Stephen
8/2/2004 4:29:44 PM
In article <YZtPc.5579$AY5.2636@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com>,
Stephen wrote:

> "JonDavid" <davidburnfed@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>> Hello all. I've done search after search and have yet found
>> anything mentioning the fire brazier near the pool that
>> regenerates magic, stamina, or sometimes hexes party members.
>> It says that a specific item is required. I thought that it
>> may be like the four braziers inside the pagoda where you use
>> the blue marble to enter, so I used some incense, but no dice.
>> I've completed the game a couple of times but have had no luck
>> solving this riddle. Is there really something there, or is it
>> one of those incomplete sections of the game?
>>
>> Thanks for any help
>
> No help from me but I would like to know.  Also,  I like to add
> if any one found a use for the sacred tome (book) found near
> the rapax in the trynton tree.

In reverse order:

The tome is merely a clue to the steps necessary to summon the
Shaman at the 7th Bough.

The brazier near the fountain is a Red Herring, and of no value
or interest whatever.

--
Neil Cerutti "Between you and me, I don't like poetry.  It's hollow,
  unsubstantial--unsatisfactory.  What's the use of yearning for

comp.lang.prolog Frequently Asked Questions #44
Archive-name: prolog/faq Original-by: jamie at cs.sfu.ca (Jamie Andrews) URL: http://www.cs.kuleuven.ac.be/~remko/prolog/faq/ Posting-frequency: twice a month Last-modified: 2005-05-02 Last-changes: Removed dead MasterProlog link. Frequently Asked Questions - comp.lang.prolog Remko Troncon (Jan. 6 2002 - ... ) Dirk-Jan Faber (Feb. 1 1999 - Jan. 6 2002) Jamie Andrews (Aug 26 1992 - Oct. 16 1997) _________________________________________________________________ General Information: This article contains the answers to some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) often seen in ...

019324 Answers to your Computer question! 86
I fell in love with the net and all the compuiter teahcnology in the very early years and have loved it ever since, I have an IT Degree and Communications degree and will be working on my doctorate for the next five years, in bwetween I design websites, databases, Multimedia Produxction or anything that wil make me a penny, just student scraping by. But Guess what? I don't want your money, your e-mail, or anything. Each of these sites has a specific topic but they have them style and layout sothey are easy to navigate and ther a search function should take you to exactly where youwant t...

test-all test suite fails upon Ruby 1.8.5 compilation
Hi! I'm using this: http://www.rubywizards.com/viewtopic.php?pid=19 To compile Ruby 1.8.5 for Ubuntu 6.06 (since apt-get installs 1.8.4 and 1.8.6 has some threading problems). I follow the steps in tutorial exactly except that I don't run as root. During compilation there is some warnings about "Pointer Signedness", but Matz says that this is nothing to worry about.. http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/vframe.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/187813?187736-188913 ok.. when I run make test-all, I get: 1436 tests, 13467 assertions, 3 failures, 50 errors some of them: 49) Error: test...

=?UTF-8?B?RmFjdG9yaWFsIC0gcCB0byBBbHRlcm5hdGl2ZSBkZWZpbml0aW9u4oCOOiBuXG1hdGhybQ==?= =?UTF-8?B?e1N9XCFcIVwhXCFcISBUaGlzIHNlcXVlbmNlIG9mIHN1cGVyZmFjdG9yaWFscyBzdGFydHM6IDFcbWF0?= =?UTF-8?B?aHJte1
Factorial - p to Alternative definition=E2=80=8E: n\mathrm{S}\!\!\!\!\! Thi= s sequence of superfactorials starts: 1\mathrm{S}\!\!\!\!\! 2\mathrm{S}\! \!\!\!\! 3\mathrm{S}\!\!\!\! , ...

PC TimeWatch 1.5.0.8 released
Regulate Computer Usage Defuse parent-child conflict MainSoft is pleased to announce PC TimeWatch the release version 1.5.0.8 (maintenance release) This new version also adds the capability of resetting the time consumed by a given program. Purpose ---------- PC TimeWatch manages access to the computer, to the Internet and to programs on the computer. You can define a set of rules for every person who uses the computer. The idea for the utility was inspired by requests from parents wanting to manage childrens' time on the computer. PC TimeWatch allows parents to ...

Question about StringIO
Hi all I understand that StringIO creates a file-like object in memory. Is it possible to invoke another program, using os.system() or os.popen(), and use the < redirect operator, so that the other program reads my StringIO object as its input? I will provide more details if required, but hopefully this is enough for a simple yes or no answer, and if so, how. BTW, I have tried using popen2() and passing my data via stdin, but the other program (psql) does not react well to this - again, I will give more info if necessary. Thanks Frank Millman Frank Millman wrote: > Hi all > &...

Two questions from a researcher (respondents will be cited)
I'm a researcher working on a paper due to be published in late August, but I'm new to Matlab, so I have what might very well be two rediculously simple questions: 1) I want to run a couple of regressions, first: y1(t+1) - y1(t)= alpha + beta*[y2(t)-y1(t)] + psi*inf + e this regression is pretty basic and I know how to do it, however, now I want to run the exact same regression except that instead of psi being a factor loading and inf a variable as in the above equation I want beta to be a function of the variable inf such that: y1(t+1)-y1(t)=alpha + beta(inf)*[y2(t)-y1(t)] + e. So ...

ANNOUNCE: DJGPP port of GCC-4.8.4 (DJGPP v2.04 only)
This is announcement of DJGPP port of GCC-4.8.4 GCC used to stand for the GNU C Compiler, but since the compiler supports several other languages aside from C, it now stands for the GNU Compiler Collection. ********************************************************************** * WARNING: only port for DJGPP 2.04 development versions is provided * ********************************************************************** Warning: DJGPP port of binutils-2.22 or newer is recommended. Version 2.19 and 2.20 may work but are not tested It is however recommended to us...

migrated from VBAI to labview 8.2.
I?m fairly new at these vision programs and need some advise.&nbsp; I have migrated from VBAI to LabView 8.2.&nbsp; However I can?t seem to get the LV program to work like VBAI program works.&nbsp; The LV program gets stuck in a loop processing the same photo rather than the entire folder of 25.&nbsp; The other problems are: It will not show the photo; it will fail all photos, and will not log results. I am running the LV 8.2, Vision Acquisition 8.2, and VBAI 3.0 ...

=?UTF-8?B?4peG4oqZ4peGIDIwMTAgUHJhZGEgaGFuZGJhZ3MgZ2V0IGxvdyBwcmljZSB3aG9sZXNhbA==?= =?UTF-8?B?ZSAoaHR0cDovL3d3dy5yaWppbmctdHJhZGUuY29tKSA8cGF5cGFsIHBheW1lbnQ+?= #2
Cheap wholesale handbags Cheap wholesale purse Cheap wholesale Prada handbag cheap wholesale Prada purse Cheap wholesale AAA True Leather handbag and purse Cheap wholesale AAA True Leather Prada handbag http://www.rijing-trade.com ...

Oracle 8i (8.1.7 for win32) and AMD Opteron / AMD Athlon64
I need detailed info if there are any problems (and possible solutions) with installing and reliability of Oracle 8i (version 8.1.7) on the following configuration: - CPU: 2 x AMD Opteron - RAM: 1024MB - OS: Windows 2003 Server I know there are problems with this version on Pentium 4 (and "pentium-4-like" CPUs). Best regards, Jacek Jacek ?liwowski <jsliwowski@szpital-no-spam-.elblag.pl> wrote in message news:<c23v7e$7ck$1@atlantis.news.tpi.pl>... > I need detailed info if there are any problems (and possible solutions) > with installing and reliability of Orac...

FA: Wizardry Trilogy 2
http://cgi.ebay.com/Wizardry-Trilogy-2-NR-Wizardry-V-VI-VII-5-6-7_W0QQitemZ320242014239QQihZ011QQcategoryZ4315QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem Info at ebay. Thanks! "XeNO" <xeno6696@nospam.never.cox.net> wrote in message news:Kk5Pj.57767$QC.29385@newsfe20.lga... > http://cgi.ebay.com/Wizardry-Trilogy-2-NR-Wizardry-V-VI-VII-5-6-7_W0QQitemZ320242014239QQihZ011QQcategoryZ4315QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem > > Info at ebay. > > Thanks! i don't know what taht is. it just says image mk5000 >George Carlin's Views ...

Newbie Sockets Question
Hi all, I'm writing a simple server (under Cygwin) that prints out data that it receives from some client. The connection seems to develop just fine, but when it comes time to call recv(), I get an ENOTCONN error. The following shows the output of the server. The IP address gotten from the accept() call is what I expect: bind: errno = 0 listen: errno = 0 accept: errno = 0 Got connection from 169.254.154.3 recv: Transport endpoint is not connected I'm certain that the client is not closing the connection prematurely. Here is the server code: /* #include stdio, time, types, unis...

slow connection to DB2/LINUX 8.2.3
Hello, after installing DB2 V8.2.3 on OpenSuse 10.1 (in vmware) we have created a database instance with the restore command: db2 "restore database $OLD_DB user db2inst1 using db2inst1 from $BACKUP_DIRECTORY taken at $TS into $DB". We have activated the database but the first connection is still slow. db2 connect to <db_name> In the db2diag.log there are the following entries: 2006-11-14-22.53.17.852588+060 E6171935G798 LEVEL: Error (OS) PID : 3811 TID : 2955049888 PROC : db2hmon INSTANCE: db2inst1 NODE : 000 FUNCTION: DB...

Final thoughts on Windows 8: A design disaster.
Summary: The biggest problem with Windows 8 is that it wasn’t born out of a need or demand. Its design failures, particularly with ‘Metro UI’ will likely be its downfall. Here’s why. http://www.zdnet.com/blog/hardware/final-thoughts-on-windows-8-a-design-disaster/20706 A week ago, Microsoft delivered the Windows 8 Release Preview, the final pre-release of the platform before the forthcoming operating system hits the release-to-manufacturing stage. OEMs get their hands on the final code at this stage, followed by Windows 8’s general availability where it’s available to us all....

=?UTF-8?B?4piG4peO4piG4peO4piGV2VsY29tZSB0byBXd3cubmlrZWpvcmRhbnNob2UuY29tID0gUw==?= =?UTF-8?B?YWxlIE5pa2UgQWlyIEpvcmRhbiwgSiBzZXJpZXMsSm9yZGFuIEoxMSBPYmFtYSxKb3JkYW4gQW50aG9u?= =?UTF-8?B?eSxKb3
Nike Air Jordan http://www.nikejordanshoe.com/category.php?id=6,Air Jordan Fusion http://www.nikejordanshoe.com/category.php?id=7,Nike Air Maxhttp://www.nikejordanshoe.com/category.php?id=8,Nike Shoxhttp://www.nikejordanshoe.com/category.php?id=9,Air Force 1http:// www.nikejordanshoe.com/category.php?id=14,Nike Rifthttp://www.nikejordanshoe.com/category.php?id=10,Adidashttp://www.nikejordanshoe.com/category.php?id=11, Pumahttp://www.nikejordanshoe.com/category.php?id=12,Nike Blazerhttp://www.nikejordanshoe.com/category.php?id=20,Ed hardyhttp://www.nikejordanshoe.com/category.php?id=15, Guccih...

Mac OS X Leopard ships with wx2.8 installed.
FYI- I just noticed that Mac OS X Leopard (10.5) has wx2.8 already installed. I have already installed XCode 3 for Leopard, but I assume that files in /usr/lib are for all Leopard users, not just the ones with XCode installed. I seem to remember that Mac OS X Tiger (10.4) had wx2.5 installed. -Matt --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: wx-users-unsubscribe@lists.wxwidgets.org For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help@lists.wxwidgets.org > > I seem to remember that Mac OS X Tiger (10.4) had wx2.5 ins...

=?UTF-8?B?4pms4piO4pms77yJ77yJ77yJIGZyZWUgc2hpcHBpbmcgd2hvbGVzYWxlIGNoZWFwIGZhcw==?= =?UTF-8?B?aGlvbmFibGUgYnJhbmRzIFQtc2hpcnRzIGluIHd3dy5lY3lheWEuY29t?=
=E2=99=AC=E2=98=8E=E2=99=AC=EF=BC=89=EF=BC=89=EF=BC=89 free shipping wholes= ale cheap fashionable brands T-shirts in www.ecyaya.com Wholesale Lacoste polo t shirt ( www.ecyaya.com ) Wholesale Lacoste t shirt solid color ( www.ecyaya.com ) Wholesale Lacoste sweater ( www.ecyaya.com ) Wholesale Lacoste shirt ( www.ecyaya.com ) Wholesale Lacoste ( www.ecyaya.com ) Wholesale Ralph lauren ( www.ecyaya.com ) Wholesale Ralph Lauren polo ( www.ecyaya.com ) Wholesale Polo ( www.ecyaya.com ) Wholesale Ralph lauren polo t shirt( www.ecyaya.com ) Wholesale Ralph lauren t shirt ( www.ecyaya.com ) Wholesa...

SN#23513 Oracle Exadata Database Machine X2-8
SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS Vol 151 Issue 4 2010-09-23 Article 23513 from section "Hardware" Touted as the World's Most Secure Database Machine Only recently released by Oracle, its Exadata Database Machine is now available in three configurations, the most impressive of which is the Oracle Exadata Database Machine X2-8, billed by Oracle as the world's most secure database machine. The Oracle Exadata Database Machine X2-8 delivers the ability to query fully encrypted databases with near-zero overhead at hundreds of gigabytes...

question on 2 separate Mathematica instances on the same PC
Hello; If one starts up Mathematica on a windows PC (XP), and then starts another Mathematica (i.e. 2 completely separate Mathematica, not a new notebook within the same Mathematica). (I think one can start at most 2 per PC, can't check this now). My question is that, would the front ends of these 2 instances share the same Kernel? i.e. may be when the second Mathematica comes up, it detects that there is already Mathematica kernel running on the PC, and will use that? I am asking because I seem to notice a bit of weirdness when I do the above, something that could ...

OO Paradigm Question
Hello, I'm programming with C++ and would like to maintain pure OO. I've encountered a situation where a template class requires that I define a C-type function that isn't a member of any class in order to work. Specifically, the template class has the member function: int Wrapper::Hash() const { return ::Hash(datum); } and expects some function: int Hash(<some type> value) { return <some hash function>(value); } Strictly speaking, is it acceptable to have functions like the one above lying around or should I attempt to find a better design? Thank you fo...

newbie question #2 #3
Hello all sendmail experts I 'm setting up a a new email server ( solaris 9 ) for my dept with sendmail 8.9.12 .One is already running up as user@A.B.com . i also don't have the control on the b.com domain to change the mx record . it may be a simple question but each time i send a "email test" exmaple root@newserver.B.C.com it goes to the "old" server . what's wrong ? Thanks for your help ...

Export Component Question
I have an export component which retreives image data from a host application. I am using InvokeMovieExportGetDataUPP to retrieve the data. It works fine using the Quicktime Pro as host, but on other host software, the data comes out as blank gray image. (I am doing a sequence of DecompressSequenceBeginS and DecompressSequenceFrameS after receiving the data.) Am I missing something? According to the documentation, the data could either be compressed or uncompressed. How do I know whether the data is compressed or not? ...

Wizardry 8: Triple Crossbow
Well, I'd like to have my engineer concoct a triple crossbow for my ranger, but, ah, I'm having trouble ... LOTS of trouble ... finding a third light crossbow. What shop should have it? Should I just keep camping out and hoping a shopkeeper has it evnetually? Does it stop showing up after a certain level? "Jamal Chapultapec" <your@email.com> wrote in message news:Xns952A5DAA7DAE6youremailcom@68.1.17.6... > Well, I'd like to have my engineer concoct a triple crossbow for my ranger, > but, ah, I'm having trouble ... LOTS of trouble ... finding a third l...

=?UTF-8?B?4pyW4piC4pyWSG90IFN1bW1lciBIb3QgU2VsbCBCcmFuZCBTbmVha2VycyxKT1JEQU4sTg==?= =?UTF-8?B?SUtFLFNIT1gsQURJRMKtQVMsQUlSIE1BWCxHdWNjaSxMVixMYWNvc3RlLGV0Yy4tLSh3d8Ktdy5ndW9t?= =?UTF-8?B?ZWl0cm
=E2=9C=96=E2=98=82=E2=9C=96Hot Summer Hot Sell Brand Sneakers,JORDAN,NIKE,S= HOX,ADID=C2=ADAS,AIR MAX,Gucci,LV,Lacoste,etc.--(ww=C2=ADw.guomeitrade.com) Footwear http://www.guomeitrade.com/category-912-b0-Footwear.html nike sneakers(www.guomeitrade.com) AF1 shoes(www.guomeitrade.com) adidas 35th shoes(www.guomeitrade.com) nike shoes,jordan shoes(www.guomeitrade.com) Air Force 1 shoes(www.guomeitrade.com) kids shoes(www.guomeitrade.com) nike air max TN shoes(www.guomeitrade.com) nike MAX LTD shoes (www.guomeitrade.com) nike air MAX 180 sports shoes(www.guomeitrade.com) nike air max 360 ba...