Wizardry 8 - unsolved Trynton question

Hello all. I've done search after search and have yet found anything
mentioning the fire brazier near the pool that regenerates magic,
stamina, or sometimes hexes party members. It says that a specific
item is required. I thought that it may be like the four braziers
inside the pagoda where you use the blue marble to enter, so I used
some incense, but no dice. I've completed the game a couple of times
but have had no luck solving this riddle. Is there really something
there, or is it one of those incomplete sections of the game?

Thanks for any help
0
davidburnfed
8/2/2004 4:00:48 PM
comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg 10727 articles. 0 followers. jonahnynla (1774) is leader. Post Follow

"JonDavid" <davidburnfed@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Hello all. I've done search after search and have yet found anything
> mentioning the fire brazier near the pool that regenerates magic,
> stamina, or sometimes hexes party members. It says that a specific
> item is required. I thought that it may be like the four braziers
> inside the pagoda where you use the blue marble to enter, so I used
> some incense, but no dice. I've completed the game a couple of times
> but have had no luck solving this riddle. Is there really something
> there, or is it one of those incomplete sections of the game?
>
> Thanks for any help

No help from me but I would like to know.  Also,  I like to add if any one
found a use for the sacred tome (book) found near the rapax in the trynton
tree.

Stephen

0
Stephen
8/2/2004 4:29:44 PM
In article <YZtPc.5579$AY5.2636@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com>,
Stephen wrote:

> "JonDavid" <davidburnfed@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>> Hello all. I've done search after search and have yet found
>> anything mentioning the fire brazier near the pool that
>> regenerates magic, stamina, or sometimes hexes party members.
>> It says that a specific item is required. I thought that it
>> may be like the four braziers inside the pagoda where you use
>> the blue marble to enter, so I used some incense, but no dice.
>> I've completed the game a couple of times but have had no luck
>> solving this riddle. Is there really something there, or is it
>> one of those incomplete sections of the game?
>>
>> Thanks for any help
>
> No help from me but I would like to know.  Also,  I like to add
> if any one found a use for the sacred tome (book) found near
> the rapax in the trynton tree.

In reverse order:

The tome is merely a clue to the steps necessary to summon the
Shaman at the 7th Bough.

The brazier near the fountain is a Red Herring, and of no value
or interest whatever.

--
Neil Cerutti "Between you and me, I don't like poetry.  It's hollow,
  unsubstantial--unsatisfactory.  What's the use of yearning for