Wizardry 8 - unsolved Trynton question

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Hello all. I've done search after search and have yet found anything
mentioning the fire brazier near the pool that regenerates magic,
stamina, or sometimes hexes party members. It says that a specific
item is required. I thought that it may be like the four braziers
inside the pagoda where you use the blue marble to enter, so I used
some incense, but no dice. I've completed the game a couple of times
but have had no luck solving this riddle. Is there really something
there, or is it one of those incomplete sections of the game?

Thanks for any help
0
Reply davidburnfed 8/2/2004 4:00:48 PM

See related articles to this posting

"JonDavid" <davidburnfed@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Hello all. I've done search after search and have yet found anything
> mentioning the fire brazier near the pool that regenerates magic,
> stamina, or sometimes hexes party members. It says that a specific
> item is required. I thought that it may be like the four braziers
> inside the pagoda where you use the blue marble to enter, so I used
> some incense, but no dice. I've completed the game a couple of times
> but have had no luck solving this riddle. Is there really something
> there, or is it one of those incomplete sections of the game?
>
> Thanks for any help

No help from me but I would like to know.  Also,  I like to add if any one
found a use for the sacred tome (book) found near the rapax in the trynton
tree.

Stephen

0
Reply Stephen 8/2/2004 4:29:44 PM

In article <YZtPc.5579$AY5.2636@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com>,
Stephen wrote:

> "JonDavid" <davidburnfed@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>> Hello all. I've done search after search and have yet found
>> anything mentioning the fire brazier near the pool that
>> regenerates magic, stamina, or sometimes hexes party members.
>> It says that a specific item is required. I thought that it
>> may be like the four braziers inside the pagoda where you use
>> the blue marble to enter, so I used some incense, but no dice.
>> I've completed the game a couple of times but have had no luck
>> solving this riddle. Is there really something there, or is it
>> one of those incomplete sections of the game?
>>
>> Thanks for any help
>
> No help from me but I would like to know.  Also,  I like to add
> if any one found a use for the sacred tome (book) found near
> the rapax in the trynton tree.

In reverse order:

The tome is merely a clue to the steps necessary to summon the
Shaman at the 7th Bough.

The brazier near the fountain is a Red Herring, and of no value
or interest whatever.

--
Neil Cerutti "Between you and me, I don't like poetry.  It's hollow,
  unsubstantial--unsatisfactory.  What's the use of yearning for

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Wizardry 8 question
Is it First-person? Yes. "Aquila" <Aquila@Aquila.com> wrote in message news:3F7C054F.35C6F416@Aquila.com... > Is it First-person? > > On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 11:00:30 +0000 (UTC), Aquila <Aquila@Aquila.com> wrote: >Is it First-person? > Yes, first 'persons' Bitstring <3F7C054F.35C6F416@Aquila.com>, from the wonderful person Aquila <Aquila@Aquila.com> said >Is it First-person? Yes, it's =only= first person (despite the fact the 'person' is a party of 6 or 8, all of whom can be facing in different directions .. thi...

Wizardry 8 question help
I've just restarted this game as I await a second patch (hopefully there is one) for ToEE. I had forgotten how immersive it was. Anyway, I thought after playing through this before there was a way for the party to jump, yet the control config in the options screen makes no mention of this. Is there a way to jump in Wizardry 8? There is a walkthough that makes mention of a part where the party can jump, so I am intrigued. Thanks in advance. BrandtP In article <y9zyb.17131$687.989320@twister.columbus.rr.com>, Brandt P wrote: > I've just restarted this game as I await a ...

Wizardry 8 question
I just started playing Wizardry 8 last night. I haven't gotten very far at all, but I'm enjoying it. The problem is, my gadgeteer's Omni-gun, or whatever it's called, is out of ammo. What does it take for ammo and how do I reload it? I read in the manual that you place ammo in the off-hand. That makes sense. What does an omni-gun use for ammo, though? I didn't think to try using bullet stones, because I thought those were just for slings. Is it something really obvious that I'm just missing? Pete Peter Meilinger said: >I just started playing Wizardry 8 last night....

What is the (8) FDisk(8) (newbie question)?
I now that when something like (8) in Fdisk(8) appears in documentation it means some reference in the man pages. But I do not know what exactly in mean. Can you clarify it for me please? "Eliezer Figueroa" <efigueroa@propoint.com.do> wrote in message news:Xns9466AB8E68E9efigueroapropointcom@216.196.97.132... > I now that when something like (8) in Fdisk(8) appears in documentation it > means some reference in the man pages. But I do not know what exactly in > mean. Can you clarify it for me please? Do a man man, it'll explain it better than I can he...

Sendmail-8.12.8 and relay question?
System is Linux Mandrake-9.1 with distribution based sendmail-8.12.8. I have been using it for some time but today I checked it for 'open-relay' with www.abuse.net instructions. The test claims that it suffers from open-relay problem! So I looked at the configuration files in /etc/mail. File sendmail.mc contains a feature entry: FEATURE('relay_based_on_MX')dnl what does this feature mean? Could it be the cause of test result? Could the test result be just a false positive? How do I close the realy hole (in case is the real thing)? -ishwar On 3 Aug 2004 17:33:17 -0700, ...

Sendmail 8.12.8 relaying question
Hi there, After having read the documentation for Sendmail 8.12.8, it's quite clear that by default, relaying is denied. However, I have to open up some relaying. So I added some domains to the /mail/relay-domains file, and this works out quite fine. However, I get e-mails from many different customers, and when I reply to their domains, the replied mails get denied as the domains are not in the relay-domains list. So I thought about re-configuring sendmail so as to allow relaying without any restrictions. However, that would mean that I would have to re-build the sendmail.cf file fr...

Suggested help for Peoplesoft 8.8 question
Can anyone suggest a newsgroup or something similar to assist in a Peoplesoft 8.8 question? Thanks! Tony Miller Monroe, WA -- ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- My Outlook Express Inbox is protected from junk messages by SpamArrow software.It saves me lots of time.You can too. Free trial version can be downloaded from http://www.SpamArrow.com ...

OpenUNIX 8 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) #8
Archive-name: unix-faq/openunix/misc-faq-pointer Posting-Frequency: monthly Version: 3.0.1a Last-modified: 2002/08/12 URL: http://www.zenez.com/cgi-bin/ou8faq/faq.pl Maintainer: Boyd Lynn Gerber <gerberb@zenez.com> Disclaimer: Approval for *.answers is based on form, not content. The latest version of the OpenUNIX 8 Faq is available from... The size is about 230 KB for the text version. Web http://www.zenez.com/cgi-bin/ou8faq/faq.pl Searchable html version. Ftp ftp://ftp.zenez.com/pub/zenez/FAQ/ou8faqqt.txt Anon, (unixtext) Current home. Thanks, ...

Questions, questions & more questions
Hi all, As I've got rather a lot of questions to post I thought I'd better merge a few into one post. Appreciate these have probably been asked stacks of times but research on the net has not turned up the answers. What's the quickest solution for transferring files from a PC to an Falcon/TT? I'm going to look into networking my Atari kit but that's a little way off at the moment. Is the Backwards ST emulator program still available? Would love to play some of my old favourites such as Megalomania. I know that I could use a PC emulator but somehow that...

Questions, Questions...
Hi! I took the routine from Gastronor.mdb: In the frmOrderDetails -> ITemID_AfterUpdate: Dim strFilter as String strFilter = "ItemID = " & Me!ItemID but it didn't work on win 2000 with access 2000. However, after playing around for a while, I found: Me!UnitPrice = ItemID.Column(2) to work just fine, even after updating prices in the tblItems. Anybody knows why? The routine in win 98/win nt in the footer of frmOrderDetails: =Sum((Price*Amount*(1-[Discount])/100)*100)) didn't either work. After testing and trying I finally discovered that =Sum(Price*Amount*Discount)...

Question #8
Hi, Currently I have 2 X T-1 multilink'd into a Cisco 2811. I just ordered a new 10MB Metro Ethernet circuit. Would you recommend plugging the ethernet handoff from the carrier directly into a firewall bypassing the router? Thanks, Chad On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 22:07:31 -0400, Chad Mahoney wrote: > Currently I have 2 X T-1 multilink'd into a Cisco 2811. I just ordered a > new 10MB Metro Ethernet circuit. Would you recommend plugging the > ethernet handoff from the carrier directly into a firewall bypassing the > router? You can answer that simply enough yourself - is th...

Question #8
I would like to know if there is a perl module that would actually help me send gif, gpeg files(like company logos) through Perl. I am able to use net::smtp to generate mails containg text information, however I would like to add company logo in every mail I send. Please let me know Thanks It was a dark and stormy night, and Kobe Clinton managed to scribble: > I would like to know if there is a perl module that would actually > help me send gif, gpeg files(like company logos) through Perl. > I am able to use net::smtp to generate mails containg text > information, however I woul...

Questions that question????
Hi everybody, I am thinking abt how much information can be provided to a quetion posted related to design with emerging hitech FPGA's.I started using this usenet just a few weeks ago,and I find it very interesting to notice people with great experience working in industries or with FPGA manufacuturers replying to the best they could.So I started thinking, how much of an information related to the desing should be given for a question. The less information i give, i likely to get no repliess, and the more i give , i might loose my valuable design , what would be a tradeoff here? So, how ...

Questions over questions
Hello people, I have a problem with my ISP! He kills my php script, if they were executed over 30 seconds. Can I use some trick to fake a little bit? That I can execute the script longer!? Greeting! Sven Dzepina wrote: > Hello people, > > I have a problem with my ISP! He kills my php script, if they were executed > over 30 seconds. > Can I use some trick to fake a little bit? That I can execute the script > longer!? > > Greeting! > > If your ISP doesn't run your script in safe mode, which it most likely does, then you can set_time_limit(0); for unli...

question #8
how do one convert decimal to binary? Darklight wrote: > how do one convert decimal to binary? int main(void) { int x = 37; x = x; /* x is now 37 (base 10) */ x = x; /* x is now 25 (base 16) */ x = x; /* x is now 45 (base 8) */ x = x; /* x is now 100101 (base 2) */ x = x; /* x is now 1b (base 26) */ return 0; } Easy, isn't it? Hi Darklight wrote: > how do one convert decimal to binary? One rewrites a sum of (distinct) powers of 10 as a sum of (distinct) powers of 2, i.e.: \sum_{i=0}^n a_i 10^i = \sum_{i=0}^m b_i 2^i where 0 <= a_i &...

Question about a question
Steve Pampling: Steve, do you take a.a.bugs? I need a smidgin of advice about a particular Win PC question, it needs putting to a Sys/IT maintenance/admin type person rather than any old idiot like me. If you don't sub to ..bugs can I please email you privately, as I did around Christmas time (same old computer)? Cheers Dave S -- In article <4e2368520fdfs@ukgateway.net>, Dave Symes <dfs@ukgateway.net> wrote: > Steve Pampling: > Steve, do you take a.a.bugs? Nope. I vaguely recall it being on a list some time ago (years) but I shortened things to the core csa and ...

Question #8
Is there anything that can be added to this code to disable right click on images or hyperlinks to hide the status also? function hidestatus(){ window.status='Done' return true } if (document.layers) document.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEOVER | Event.MOUSEOUT) document.onmouseover=hidestatus document.onmouseout=hidestatus Brian Wilson wrote: > Is there anything that can be added to this code to disable right click on > images or hyperlinks to hide the status also? > function hidestatus(){ > window.status='Done' > return true > } > if (document.layers)...

a question #8
dear friends it's an electrical computer eng. m.s.which wants to detect any am situation in a tunnel traffic by using matlab. i searched matlab image processing toolbox to find any useful thing, but i didn't find anything. would you please help me how to do it. best regards sh moadab sh moaddab wrote: > > > dear friends > it's an electrical computer eng. m.s.which wants to detect any jam > situation in a tunnel traffic by using matlab. i searched matlab > image processing toolbox to find any useful thing, but i didn't > find > anything. > would y...

Question #8
What do I study to understand the underpinnings of Mac OSX 10.4? TIA Philip Meech wrote: > What do I study to understand the underpinnings of Mac OSX 10.4? TIA FreeBSD Begin <aEUce.7358$cZ6.6338@fe02.lga> On 2005-04-30, Nick Bachmann <usenet@not-real.org> wrote: > Philip Meech wrote: >> What do I study to understand the underpinnings of Mac OSX 10.4? TIA > > FreeBSD Oh, so close, and so wrong. The proper answer is of course ``darwin'', and apple does publish lots of stuff on their website about it. Also, the deepest core is mach4 based, which FreeBSD ...

wizardry 8
Hi. Where can I find the Pulse Pick, am in Lower Martens Bluff and need if for a door. Thx. email at ptredw@shaw.ca pattr said: >Hi. Where can I find the Pulse Pick, am in Lower Martens Bluff and need >if for a door. In the T'rang base, there's a room with a slime pit. Attached to this room are several dead end rooms and a tunnel to the mines. One of the dead end rooms has the pulse pick. -- Stephen Mackey ...

question #8
The 36 possible outcomes of rolling two dice. 7.18 What does the following program do? 1 // Ex. 7.18: Ex07_18.cpp 2 // What does this program do? 3 #include <iostream> 4 using std::cout; 5 using std::endl; 6 7 int whatIsThis( int [], int ); // function prototype 8 9 int main() 10 { 11 const int arraySize = 10; 12 int a[ arraySize ] = { 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 }; 13 14 int result = whatIsThis( a, arraySize ); 15 16 cout << "Result is " << result << endl; 17 return 0; // indicates successful termination 18 } // en...

question #8
hai, can anyone please send me how to create a cuboid or any 3dimensional object in matlab and also how to calculate the distance of a point from the 3d object anand kgopalan: <SNIP wants to know - among other things - how to create a 3d object in ML... a hint for a good start: % at the command prompt type sphere % followed by help sphere help ellipsoid help cylinder % as well as type sphere % ...and so on us ...

Question #8
Dear ALL Supose that we have an matrix, lets say a[200,200] most of the elements are 0 I want to find the coordinates and the values of the elements that are not zero within the matrix (eg valye 5, col 12, row 17) if i give the commanf index=WHERE(a gt 0) then the result is a long aray of dimesion 1. any suggestions? Thank You in advance Kostas On 05/31/2011 10:02 AM, Konstantinos wrote: > Dear ALL > > Supose that we have an matrix, lets say a[200,200] > most of the elements are 0 > I want to find the coordinates and the values of the elements that are > not zero withi...

Patching to version 8.12.8-9.80 : questions
Hi, I'm using redhat 8.0. I've just updated sendmail to version 8.12.8-9.80 using the rpm downloaded from Redhat's ftp site and I get this message " /etc/mail/sendmail.cf created as /etc/mail/sendmail.cf.rpmnew. Do I need to rename my existing senmail.cf and replace it with the new the new one (sendmail.cf.rpmnew) by renaming sendmail.cf.rpmnew to sendmail.cf or I can continue to use the old one and not worry about the recent vulnerability that was discovered. Aslo, on Redhat's site, there are 4 files to be downloaded. namely. 1) sendmail-8.12.8-9.80.i386.rpm 2) sendma...

Mac OS 8.6 from OS 8.5 question
I would like to upgrade a Powerbook 1400, which currently has OS 8.5 on it, to OS 8.6. The computer is only being used for fairly simple tasks, so getting a more recent computer isn't worthwhile at this point. My understanding is that the OS 8.6 update is still available on the Apple web site, and I can find a page listing of a lot of old software to download (including some OS 6 stuff as well as stuff from the Apple II era) here: http://www.info.apple.com/support/oldersoftwarelist.html However, the only 8.6 relevant information there is a text file. This test file has some URLs in it...