Complete Carriers at War

Hi Guys,

I missed out on the original version of this game but I finally
managed to pick myself up a second hand copy of the Complete Carriers
at War on CD.

The only downside is no manual.  Is anybody aware if the manual is
hidden away somewhere in the install (I've looked but can't find it)
or is it available for download?  I've looked over on the AU and US
SSG sites, but haven't had much luck.

Cheers

Mark
comp.pc.games.war-historical 7721 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

> The only downside is no manual.  Is anybody aware if the manual is
> hidden away somewhere in the install (I've looked but can't find it)
> or is it available for download?  I've looked over on the AU and US
> SSG sites, but haven't had much luck.

I bought it from NWS website, and they graciously sent a printed manual
(with my name on it!) along with the CD. Where did you bought your copy?

0
Vincenzo
5/24/2010 12:01:50 PM
On 24/05/2010 5:01 AM, Vincenzo Beretta wrote:

> I bought it from NWS website, and they graciously sent a printed manual
> (with my name on it!) along with the CD. Where did you bought your copy?

Buy, Vincenzo. "Where did you *buy* your copy?".
0
gumby
5/24/2010 12:32:12 PM
gumby, what is your major malfunction anyway?

"gumby" <gumby@here.com> wrote in message
> On 24/05/2010 5:01 AM, Vincenzo Beretta wrote:
>

>> I bought it from NWS website, and they graciously sent a printed manual
>> (with my name on it!) along with the CD. Where did you bought your copy?
>>

> Buy, Vincenzo. "Where did you *buy* your copy?".

0
nobody
5/24/2010 1:09:21 PM
He's have a lot of it :^D

"nobody" <nobody@nowhere.net> ha scritto nel messaggio
> gumby, what is your major malfunction anyway?
>

> "gumby" <gumby@here.com> wrote in message
>> On 24/05/2010 5:01 AM, Vincenzo Beretta wrote:
>>

>>> I bought it from NWS website, and they graciously sent a printed manual
>>> (with my name on it!) along with the CD. Where did you bought your copy?
>>>

>> Buy, Vincenzo. "Where did you *buy* your copy?".

0
Vincenzo
5/24/2010 3:49:19 PM
On May 24, 10:32=A0pm, gumby <gu...@here.com> wrote:
> On 24/05/2010 5:01 AM, Vincenzo Beretta wrote:
>

> > I bought it from NWS website, and they graciously sent a printed manual
> > (with my name on it!) along with the CD. Where did you bought your copy=
?

> Buy, Vincenzo. "Where did you *buy* your copy?".

Oh boy, I was waiting to see how long it would be until somebody
insinatd that, didn't take long.

Anyway, to answer your question, I firstly tried to purchase the game
via the NWS site and placed my order (it was still listed on that site
for sale), but I was contacted by Christopher Dean (?) who let me know
that he no longer stocks it because it became too hard to sell for a
profit because of the whole printed manual thing and the prices
charged by SSGUS (I ended up purchasing HPS Midway instead).

Anyway, I then headed on over the SSGUS (www.ssgus.com) website and
tried to purchase from them.  But I'm not sure if that site is still
being monitored because his purchase links and contact links result in
browser errors (I tried Explorer 8 and Firefox).  I also emailed the
guy directly about two weeks ago and haven't received a response yet.

I then tried that shop of last resort....eBay.

I picked up a secondhand copy that was advertised as used with no
manual.  I have received the disk and it is definately a
"manufactured" disk rather than a home cooked pirated version so I am
confident I have a legitimate copy (my day job is undertaking low
level data analysis on HDD's, CD's and DVD's analysing file system
artifacts so I know the difference).

Cheers

Mark
0
Garns
5/25/2010 4:38:58 AM
> I picked up a secondhand copy that was advertised as used
> with no manual.

Well, the game itself is quite intuitive, but the manual of the "Complete"
edition is useful if you want to design your scenarios - because it explains
how to program the AI via CCAW "cards" system.

0
Vincenzo
5/25/2010 6:24:31 AM
On May 25, 4:24=A0pm, "Vincenzo Beretta" <reck...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > I picked up a secondhand copy that was advertised as used
> > with no manual.
>
> Well, the game itself is quite intuitive, but the manual of the "Complete=
"
> edition is useful if you want to design your scenarios - because it expla=
ins
> how to program the AI via CCAW "cards" system.

Hi Vincenzo,

Thanks for the info, I'll keep looking and see if I can't find one
somewhere.

Cheers

Mark
0
Garns
5/25/2010 11:09:09 AM
On 24/05/2010 6:09 AM, nobody wrote:
> gumby, what is your major malfunction anyway?

Trying to help Vincenzo with his English?
0
gumby
5/25/2010 2:40:08 PM
On 24/05/2010 8:49 AM, Vincenzo Beretta wrote:
> He's have a lot of it :^D

Has, Vincenzo. "He *has* a lot of it."
0
gumby

FA: C64 Gettysburg SSI Game & 4 IBM PC Games(civil war) / 8 IBM PC Game Games
> Item name: SIX Western Digital 6.4gb Hard Drives > Price: $46.00 > Buy It Now: $46.00 > Bids: -- http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3482211928 > Item name: 8 IBM PC Game Games - (Pirates , Paperboy) > Price: $9.99 > Bids: 1 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8107002333 > Item name: C64 Gettysburg SSI Game & 4 IBM PC Games(civil war) > Price: $9.99 > Bids: ...

War Is Boring picks Command and Red Storm as best PC war games of 2013
Michael Peck at War Is Boring is presenting their top picks for the best wa= r games of 2013: https://medium.com/war-is-boring/3d188a597e47 In the PC category, Command - Modern Air/Naval Operations and Flashpoint Ca= mpaigns =96 Red Storm get the top spots! "[Command] isn=92t just a game. It=92s a simulation that=92s as close as ma= ny of us will ever get to real Pentagon simulation. C:MANO, as fans call it= , is a real-time game that boasts an incredibly rich=97and unclassified=97d= atabase of the aircraft and ships of the Cold War and beyond. [...] Want to= pit a flight of ...

Good war game about recent wars?
I was watching "Black Hawk Down" movie the other day and decided I'm going to buy the game one of these days although I remember the graphics beeing average. I'm curious, if there have been any war movies or games about the US conflict in Afeghanistan or Gulf War 2? I remember the "The 3 Kings" but that was about GW1. Is it politically incorrect to make movies or games about present wars? With such franchises as Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon it's a shame it's always about covert ops rather than a war game where you can command a small group of men. Ther...

The Complete Carriers at War
Does anyone have any opinions about CAW? I have wanted to play it for years. After digging out Carrier Strike by Gary Grigsby, I really wanted to find a copy to play. I recently saw that SSG still sells CAW. Is it still a good game? Do the outdated graphics hurt the gameplay? Does it run in WinXP? Are there any webpages to check out? All of the reviews are really old and dont mention how the game has held up, or how it runs. Thanks Craig On 13 Oct 2003 20:48:39 -0700, elcidce@earthlink.net (elcidce) wrote: >Does anyone have any opinions about CAW? I have wanted to play...

World War I: The Great War Excellent Game!!!!!
Hi All: I just purchased World War I: The Great War from Amazon for $19.99 This is a RTS strategy game based on WWI. I found the demo @ Gamespot & I been hooked ever since. The demo is massive. It includes 1/4 of the English, German & Russian campaigns. It kind of plays a little like CDV's "Cossacks" series but just a lot better. No more producing thousands of peasants sending them to your barracks to create units. I never really cared for the "Cossack" series but WWI: The Great War has really made a great showing. The AI is down right brutal! It has g...

guild wars gold,guild wars powerleveling,buy guild wars gold,buy guild wars item,Guild Wars Money
guildwars-coin is an exchange site designed specifically for game virtual currencies and items trading. Our specialty is to make a long-term relationship across multiple game players. In meeting the demand of game players to buy, sell and trade in-game currencies and items, guildwars-coin provides gamers with fast transactions, 24-hour customer service and transactional security guaranteed. guildwars-coin dedicate to improving services for game players and fostering more enjoyable game experience. We believe that the mutual credits are the fabric to our success and our loyalty to our customers...

guild wars gold,guild wars powerleveling,buy guild wars gold,buy guild wars item,Guild Wars Money
guildwars-coin is an exchange site designed specifically for game virtual currencies and items trading. Our specialty is to make a long-term relationship across multiple game players. In meeting the demand of game players to buy, sell and trade in-game currencies and items, guildwars-coin provides gamers with fast transactions, 24-hour customer service and transactional security guaranteed. guildwars-coin dedicate to improving services for game players and fostering more enjoyable game experience. We believe that the mutual credits are the fabric to our success and our loyalty to our customers...

eggo star wars is best star wars game!!!
i love being a jedi. i can slice peeple up to little blocks lol its funny. i wish they made more game with leggos. "Butter Pants" <butterpants@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:l5j0719o9vbebuodl3cl1ahrdfhrfq9ldc@4ax.com... >i love being a jedi. i can slice peeple up to little blocks lol its > funny. i wish they made more game with leggos. It's the worst console port I've seen in ages. It totally stinks and I wouldn't play it if it were given to me. I sometimes think about getting this game, but I keep waffling. stePH -- "I want you to put Fel...

Complete Carriers at war #2
I've had the original CCAW sitting on my bookshelf for years, and am now thinking about firing it up again. I checked the SSG US website and saw that the version they're selling now does run under XP; is this the same version I have? The "more info" link on their site seems to be broken. --------------- Beady's Corollary to Occam's Razor: "The likeliest explanation of any phenomenon is almost always the most boring." John Beaderstadt <beady@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:<k0ncjvc2o3p714d31f89ss740vmoavltgs@4ax.com>... > ...

Complete Carriers At War #3
I had a little spare change around the house and picked up the old CCAW collection from SSGUS the other day. I'll save the griping on the price, the inability to run the game on XP without Dosbox, and the poor print quality of the manual for another day. I'm more interested in user made scenarios that might still be floating around out in cyberspace. Does anyone know of any archived fan sites which might have these scenarios or do any of you have any you'd like to share? I know this is a long shot, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask. I'll be laying down what...

Independence War
Hello, A while ago I came across Independence War 2 - Edge of Chaos, which I thought looked great. I picked up an old copy of the first game, I-War and have done nothing with it, until now. I tried installing it on my xp system, and the installer crashed, although I think it did its job. Its the original European 3 CD version I've got, no extra missions or anything. From what I've seen there are a few issues getting the game to run, can anybody advise, and is it worth the trouble? Many thanks. Angus. Angus <angus@_antispem_angusm.demon.co.uk> wrote: ...

FA: C64 Gettysburg SSI Game & 4 IBM PC Games(civil war)
> Item name: SIX Western Digital 6.4gb Hard Drives > Price: $46.00 > Buy It Now: $46.00 > Bids: -- http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3482211928 > Item name: 8 IBM PC Game Games - (Pirates , Paperboy) > Price: $9.99 > Bids: 1 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8107002333 > Item name: C64 Gettysburg SSI Game & 4 IBM PC Games(civil war) > Price: $9.99 > Bids: ...

guild wars gold,guild wars powerleveling,buy guild wars gold,buy guild wars item,Guild Wars Money #5
guildwars-coin is an exchange site designed specifically for game virtual currencies and items trading. Our specialty is to make a long-term relationship across multiple game players. In meeting the demand of game players to buy, sell and trade in-game currencies and items, guildwars-coin provides gamers with fast transactions, 24-hour customer service and transactional security guaranteed. guildwars-coin dedicate to improving services for game players and fostering more enjoyable game experience. We believe that the mutual credits are the fabric to our success and our loyalty to our customers...

Web resources about - Complete Carriers at War - comp.pc.games.war-historical

Complete game - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In the early 20th century, it was common for most good Major League Baseball (MLB) pitchers to pitch a complete game almost every start. Pitchers ...

Launch A Complete Facebook Marketing Campaign
The early bird deadline for Mediabistro's Facebook Marketing Boot Camp is Wednesday, March 28.

India claim thrilling last-ball win over Australia to complete series whitewash
Shane Watson silenced his doubters and all but booked himself a ticket to the World T20 in March with sparkling century, but it mattered little ...

India claim thrilling last-ball win over Australia to complete series whitewash
Shane Watson silenced his doubters and all but booked himself a ticket to the World T20 in March with a sparkling century, but it mattered little ...

Shane Watson makes ton but India beats Australia to complete T20 series sweep
India completes a clean sweet of the three-match T20 series against Australia with a last-ball win at the SCG.

A complete collection of Donald Trump’s Twitter insults
Donald Trump has been insulting people on Twitter since long before he was the leading Republican candidate for president of the United States ...

BT's acquisition of EE is complete
For BT and EE, the moment has finally arrived. All of the relevant regulators have given their approval, allowing BT to acquire the UK's largest ...

SAG Awards 2016 Winners: The Complete List
E! Online SAG Awards 2016 Winners: The Complete List E! Online Tonight is the night for the 22nd Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards! One of ...

SAG Awards 2016: The Complete Winners List
SAG Awards 2016: The Complete Winners List