Complete Carriers at War

Hi Guys,

I missed out on the original version of this game but I finally
managed to pick myself up a second hand copy of the Complete Carriers
at War on CD.

The only downside is no manual.  Is anybody aware if the manual is
hidden away somewhere in the install (I've looked but can't find it)
or is it available for download?  I've looked over on the AU and US
SSG sites, but haven't had much luck.

Cheers

Mark
comp.pc.games.war-historical 7680 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

> The only downside is no manual.  Is anybody aware if the manual is
> hidden away somewhere in the install (I've looked but can't find it)
> or is it available for download?  I've looked over on the AU and US
> SSG sites, but haven't had much luck.

I bought it from NWS website, and they graciously sent a printed manual
(with my name on it!) along with the CD. Where did you bought your copy?

0
Vincenzo
5/24/2010 12:01:50 PM
On 24/05/2010 5:01 AM, Vincenzo Beretta wrote:

> I bought it from NWS website, and they graciously sent a printed manual
> (with my name on it!) along with the CD. Where did you bought your copy?

Buy, Vincenzo. "Where did you *buy* your copy?".
0
gumby
5/24/2010 12:32:12 PM
gumby, what is your major malfunction anyway?

"gumby" <gumby@here.com> wrote in message
> On 24/05/2010 5:01 AM, Vincenzo Beretta wrote:
>

>> I bought it from NWS website, and they graciously sent a printed manual
>> (with my name on it!) along with the CD. Where did you bought your copy?
>>

> Buy, Vincenzo. "Where did you *buy* your copy?".

0
nobody
5/24/2010 1:09:21 PM
He's have a lot of it :^D

"nobody" <nobody@nowhere.net> ha scritto nel messaggio
> gumby, what is your major malfunction anyway?
>

> "gumby" <gumby@here.com> wrote in message
>> On 24/05/2010 5:01 AM, Vincenzo Beretta wrote:
>>

>>> I bought it from NWS website, and they graciously sent a printed manual
>>> (with my name on it!) along with the CD. Where did you bought your copy?
>>>

>> Buy, Vincenzo. "Where did you *buy* your copy?".

0
Vincenzo
5/24/2010 3:49:19 PM
On May 24, 10:32=A0pm, gumby <gu...@here.com> wrote:
> On 24/05/2010 5:01 AM, Vincenzo Beretta wrote:
>

> > I bought it from NWS website, and they graciously sent a printed manual
> > (with my name on it!) along with the CD. Where did you bought your copy=
?

> Buy, Vincenzo. "Where did you *buy* your copy?".

Oh boy, I was waiting to see how long it would be until somebody
insinatd that, didn't take long.

Anyway, to answer your question, I firstly tried to purchase the game
via the NWS site and placed my order (it was still listed on that site
for sale), but I was contacted by Christopher Dean (?) who let me know
that he no longer stocks it because it became too hard to sell for a
profit because of the whole printed manual thing and the prices
charged by SSGUS (I ended up purchasing HPS Midway instead).

Anyway, I then headed on over the SSGUS (www.ssgus.com) website and
tried to purchase from them.  But I'm not sure if that site is still
being monitored because his purchase links and contact links result in
browser errors (I tried Explorer 8 and Firefox).  I also emailed the
guy directly about two weeks ago and haven't received a response yet.

I then tried that shop of last resort....eBay.

I picked up a secondhand copy that was advertised as used with no
manual.  I have received the disk and it is definately a
"manufactured" disk rather than a home cooked pirated version so I am
confident I have a legitimate copy (my day job is undertaking low
level data analysis on HDD's, CD's and DVD's analysing file system
artifacts so I know the difference).

Cheers

Mark
0
Garns
5/25/2010 4:38:58 AM
> I picked up a secondhand copy that was advertised as used
> with no manual.

Well, the game itself is quite intuitive, but the manual of the "Complete"
edition is useful if you want to design your scenarios - because it explains
how to program the AI via CCAW "cards" system.

0
Vincenzo
5/25/2010 6:24:31 AM
On May 25, 4:24=A0pm, "Vincenzo Beretta" <reck...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > I picked up a secondhand copy that was advertised as used
> > with no manual.
>
> Well, the game itself is quite intuitive, but the manual of the "Complete=
"
> edition is useful if you want to design your scenarios - because it expla=
ins
> how to program the AI via CCAW "cards" system.

Hi Vincenzo,

Thanks for the info, I'll keep looking and see if I can't find one
somewhere.

Cheers

Mark
0
Garns
5/25/2010 11:09:09 AM
On 24/05/2010 6:09 AM, nobody wrote:
> gumby, what is your major malfunction anyway?

Trying to help Vincenzo with his English?
0
gumby
5/25/2010 2:40:08 PM
On 24/05/2010 8:49 AM, Vincenzo Beretta wrote:
> He's have a lot of it :^D

Has, Vincenzo. "He *has* a lot of it."
0
gumby

completion
maybe it's brain arteriosclerosis , but i keep thinking that some time ago gnuplot completion mechanism (i.e., hitting TAB) acted on gnuplot commands, not on filesystem objects... am i correct in my recollection? is it possible to build gnuplot so that completion again works on gnuplot commands? tia, gb Giacomo Boffi wrote: > maybe it's brain arteriosclerosis , but i keep thinking that some > time ago gnuplot completion mechanism (i.e., hitting TAB) acted on > gnuplot commands, not on filesystem obj...

Re: quasi-complete seperation of data points #3
My guess is that the subsetting that you are doing is resulting in data that are Not sufficiently heterogeneous and that is what is producing your problem. FWIW Dennis Fisher -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Lou Sent: Sunday, April 13, 2008 9:53 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: quasi-complete seperation of data points There's nothing wrong with the code you've shown, as far as the code itself is concerned. Whether or not making a logistic regression model using the resulting subset is proper treatment is anothe...

Completely OT ; Completely Bizarre
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pxmhWECE7E On Sat, 19 Feb 2011 16:58:12 -0600, philo wrote: > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pxmhWECE7E That is weird. -- RonB Registered Linux User #498581 CentOS 5.5 or VectorLinux Deluxe 6.0 On 02/19/2011 05:54 PM, RonB wrote: > On Sat, 19 Feb 2011 16:58:12 -0600, philo wrote: > >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pxmhWECE7E > > That is weird. > Yes...the guy is very weird but sort of fascinating. A Google search will reveal plenty more really odd videos. I have a German friend who says he's a pr...

Earn money by completing serveys, not points!!!
Dear Everyone For those people who are signed up with servey sites that give you points for completing serveys and you redeam them for cash, LEAVE THEM! I recently registered to be a member of SurveySavvy.com to participate in surveys online that pays you real cash, not points that are worthless. If you join, you can get paid when you participate in surveys. When you refer friends, you will get paid for their participation and their friends' participation. They pay cash! Check out the Earnings Calculator in the Refer Friends section: http://www.surveysavvy.com/index.cfm?fa=refe...

Complete newbie
OK, I am *totally* new to PHP, but have just started a new job which utilises it in a big way on the intranet etc, and I want to learn how to 'use' it, as there will be opportunity for me to do some admin in a small way when i am more proficient. I will want to 'learn' on my own works PC system, in my own time, but don't want to impact on the company's systems - i.e. installing PHP/Apache on my own system without interfering with my own use of the company intranet. Is this possible, having my system as some form of 'closed' test bed on which I can experiment a...

Auto-completion help
I'm writing a script which will in turn run as an interactive shell (which runs it's own subcommands -- like gdb). I intend to do this by 'read -e' so that I can use readline library to take user intput. And I wish to have auto- completion feature provided by readline library. 1. I would like to have sub-command completion feature just like a TAB would do from an empty gdb command line 2. I would also like to use 'complete -F' bash built-in to register functions that are invoked on further TAB's (like a TAB after 'dir' sub- command of gdb would co...

cdrecovery, for your Complete Data Recovery resource on the web.
Come visit http://www.cdrecovery.com for information on data recovery programs, services and utilities to help you recover data from damaged or corrupted CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW and Digital Media. There�s a chat room and moderated message boards. CD Recovery, for your Complete Data Recovery resource on the web. Please note, this site use to be strictly dedicated to recovering data fronm CD-R and CD-RW disc. I'm still in the process of adding hard drive data recovery information. Keywords: data recovery, udf, cdfs, roxio, nero, diagnostic NOTE: This site was origina...

Complete blood
******************************************************************* ******************************************************************* ENTER HERE: >>> http://wd-content.cc/about/complete-blood <<< ******************************************************************* ******************************************************************* .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ...

Completion
Hi. I've read in a thread (http://lists.wxwindows.org/archive/wx-dev/msg02296.html) that there are people using CodeWright or Source Insight with wxWidgets. It strongly interests me, because I want an editor with perfect code completion. But both of them don't do it very well. Does anyone know how I need to configure them in order to get a good code completion ? The one I really would want to use is Source Insight, because it is small and fast. But I would also be interested if someone could give me hints to configure CodeWright also... Thanks in advance. -------...

Sending a complete new packet
Hi, world. I need extend the passthru sample in order to add my own header to packets. Changing gen_maximum_frame_size-MY_HEADER_SIZE i resolve this problem cause always have enough space to my header. But this only works in LAN connection. When I try to do this in WANIP fails. Other alternative is create a complete new packet. (This case bring me another complications like possible fragmentation but i don't find another solution). I try to build a new packet in this scene: In MpSend function when arrive a ICMP packet i build my new packet in this form: .. Reserve memo...

War on Terrorism Videos! Frontline Videos, www.worldterrorismwatch.com
All War on Terrorism videos, latest news, photos fron the front lines, from both the Coalition and the Insurgents! Live streams, news, forums, pictures, videos, travel warnings, alerts. Do your part in the War on Terrorism! www.worldterrorismwatch.com Myles Grogan ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups ---= East/West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =--- ...

looking for automatic C symbol completion elisp prog
Hi, I am looking for an elisp program which automatically adds stuff like closing parenthesis ")" when I type open parenthesis "(", closing braces "}" when I type open braces "{" etc in a C program. I recently found such a script for Vim and I am looking for my Xemacs. Any other extra intelligent elisp prog which makes my C coding a bit easier is very much appreciated. thank you very much. rgds -Vittal ...

ANN: scheme-complete.el
scheme-complete.el is a single function that can be used with any Emacs scheme mode. It provides real-time, lexical-scope aware type inferencing tab-completion for any R5RS scheme, with extensibility for implementation-specific features (currently only Chicken and Gauche are customized). For example, given the text (string-ref (n^ where the cursor is represented by ^, typing tab (or whatever you bind the completion function to) would know that in the default R5RS environment the only possible completion of a procedure returning a string and beginning with "n" is number->stri...

[News] Linux Handheld Can Become Completely Open
$50 breakout box turns the GP2X game system into completely open Linux system ,----[ Quote ] | While this may not be exciting for the casual user, Linux geeks who like | to get down and dirty with their hardware should be drooling right now at | the possibilities. Add a few gigs of storage to the storage along with | some of your favorite Linux applications, and you have a very inexpensive | and fun micro-system to play around with. This also makes it very easy | to flash and debug GP2X systems. All for $45.99. `---- http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.ars/2006/8/2/4854 R...

This Group Is A Complete Waste.
So this is supposed to be a Linux advocacy group? Someone must be pulling my leg on that one. I use Linux for it's advantages but at the same time I accept Linux's faults. I surely don't see too much honest in comp.os.linux.advocacy. For example;;;;;;;; Fact: Senator Lieberman's Linux driven website was hacked. Fact:See the Linux pundits scramble and draw ranks around the wounded denying everything and finding blame or fault with everything but Linux itself. Fact:Suse 10.1 is a real bug ridden release. Fact:See the Linux pundits deny there is a problem despite blogs and newsgro...

FA: Complete Apple IIgs with color monitor + Applewriter II printer, floppy drives, etc.
Included is the Apple II GS computer system (A2S6000), Applecolor RGB Color Monitor (A2M6014), 5.25" floppy drive (A9M0107), 3.5" floppy drive (A9M0106), keyboard (A9M0330), mouse (A9M0331), Applewriter II printer (A9M0320), and various manuals http://xrl.us/AppleIIgsComplete ...

best (known) polytime approximation algorithm for NP-complete problems?
Hi, Does anyone know what the most accurate algorithm for solving an NP- complete problem is (any of them)? By this I mean: -the algorithm runs in polynomial time (or at least "reasonably fast") -the algorithm decides most instances of the NP-complete problem accurately; the higher the percentage accuracy, the better...particularly for "hard instances" of the problem I read on Wikipedia about a fast approximation algorithm for CLIQUE, but I wasn't sure how accurate it was. This is what they said: "A heuristic [for solving the clique problem] is to start by co...

Ubuntu Lurid crapware: "4 minutes uptime before complete lockup"
"I'm Running:- Toshiba q505 888 Ubuntu 10.04 lucid 64Bit Core 7i q740 Nvidia Gts 360m 1gb 4 Gb Ram I Updated to 256.35 = Excellent / perfect Then my updates from X-swat and Xorg Egders updated to 256.44 this = my world falling apart. My system completely locks up / hags / kills its self within 4 mins of logging in. If I load anything I.E wine to run a game. It really doesnt like that..." #809 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1478787&page=81 Where was this guy during the Karmic Krapware fiasco? Back then I found slopware v...

Turing completeness, and generation of non-Turing complete code to solve problems that would typically require Turing complete languages
Hi, This message may seem somewhat cryptic, but I am trying to abstract from particulars relating to a particular non-Turing complete language to general matters. In most languages if one has some data in a field of text consisting of a certain length which has to be analysed in some way (for example detecting if parts of the line have specific values) it is normal to loop or recurse through the line until the end is reached, and determining if all the relevant parts of the line are as they should be. In a non-Turing complete language this may not be doable (I suppose most non Turing Comple...

Steve Jobs' 'lost years' complete on veteran reporter

Apple IIe complete with original boxes
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/sys/2425344388.html Apple IIe complete with original boxes - $60 (Four Corners) Date: 2011-06-06, 9:16PM EDT Reply to: sale-fxusx-2425344388@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?] Got a lot of stuff for this thing. Email me your number if your interested and I'm sure we can work something out. Local pickup only. Cash or major credit card with advance notice. Location: Four Corners it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests PostingID: 2425344388 ...

Completely Lost...
I am completely lost on the first assignment in my data structures class. Last semester, my first C++ class was a piece of cake; however, this year I am going to learn all about OOP. My dilemma... this is an on-line class (as all of my classes have been) and I am unable to just raise my hand and ask questions. I am hoping that I won't get flamed too bad and some people on here will be nice enough to help... I am supposed to be writing a driver file, "Employee.cpp", that somehow displays information from another file, "Employee.h". "Employee.h" refers back ...

auto-complete-auctex (code complet)
Avec le code complet c'est mieux !!! voici un package, nommé dorénavant, auto-complete-auctex, (en hommage à AucTeX et à auto-complete) qui permet d'utiliser la completion (via des menus) pour l'écrire de fichiers LaTeX avec auxtex. sont traités: les environements, les macros et les symboles par exemple si vous tapez "enu" dans le tampon vous voyez apparaitre un menu avec tous les environments, macros et symboles commancant par ces trois lettres. vous pointez celui que vous voulez il est inscrit dans le tempon avec le slash s...

Photoshop CS install fails to complete
I am upgrading PS 6 to PS CS. I am the administrator for XP on this PC. Compaq P4 with one gig RAM. Plenty of hard drive space. The install fails almost immediately (two bars on the progress meter) and I get the following message: ----------------------------------- Error Code: -5003 : 0x5 Error Information: >SetupDLL\SetupDLL.cpp (1889) PAPP:Adobe Photoshop CS and ImageReady CS PVENDOR:Adobe (http://www.adobe.com) PGUID:EFB21DE7-8C19-4A88-BB28-A766E16493BC $7.1.100.1248 @Windows XP Service Pack 1 (2600) IE 6.0.2800.1106 ------------------------------------------- I contacted Adobe support ...

Complete listing of ARM based processors
Hello, I wonder if exist a complete listing of processors based on ARM core. TIA If you get the ARM Connected Community ARM Developers' Guide, the ones that are public are listed there. Alternatively, you can go here: http://www.convergencepromotions.com/ARM/catalog_04/m_tp_acore.htm Hope this helps! -Z "Helix" <helix@despammed.com> wrote in message news:btltv2$77g$1@newsread.albacom.net... > Hello, > I wonder if exist a complete listing of processors based on ARM core. > TIA > > ...