award's "irq's activity monitoring"

Hi!

I am trying to figure out how the wake-up events in my bios work. I
have windows xp and the wake-up by RTC works fine when i shut down the
pc. (btw: I cannot turn the pc into standby-mode only hibernating - I
do not know why). But I cannot wake-up the PC with mouse or keyboard,
eventhough the IRQ's are "enabled".

Thank you,
Christopher.
0
christopher
5/31/2004 11:34:35 AM
comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips 2946 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

On 31 May 2004 04:34:35 -0700, christopher@dannheim.de (Christopher) wrote:

>Hi!
>
>I am trying to figure out how the wake-up events in my bios work. I
>have windows xp and the wake-up by RTC works fine when i shut down the
>pc. (btw: I cannot turn the pc into standby-mode only hibernating - I
>do not know why). But I cannot wake-up the PC with mouse or keyboard,
>eventhough the IRQ's are "enabled".

"Wake up" by keyboard or mouse usually only works when the system is in
Standby (aka Suspend to RAM) mode.

"Wake up" from Suspend to Disk (aka Hibernate) or a fully-powered down state
usually requires a Power button press...

0
daytripper
5/31/2004 3:37:47 PM
With many MB, you can turn your computer on (from power-off and hibernation)
by hitting 'any'  key :) on a keyboard, or clicking a mouse.

wrote:

> >Hi!
> >
> >I am trying to figure out how the wake-up events in my bios work. I
> >have windows xp and the wake-up by RTC works fine when i shut down the
> >pc. (btw: I cannot turn the pc into standby-mode only hibernating - I
> >do not know why). But I cannot wake-up the PC with mouse or keyboard,
> >eventhough the IRQ's are "enabled".
>
> "Wake up" by keyboard or mouse usually only works when the system is in
> Standby (aka Suspend to RAM) mode.
>
> "Wake up" from Suspend to Disk (aka Hibernate) or a fully-powered down
state
> usually requires a Power button press...

0
Alexander
6/1/2004 4:30:19 AM
On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 04:30:19 GMT, "Alexander Grigoriev" <alegr@earthlink.net>
wrote:
>"daytripper" <day_trippr@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote in message
>> On 31 May 2004 04:34:35 -0700, christopher@dannheim.de (Christopher)
>wrote:
>>
>> >Hi!
>> >
>> >I am trying to figure out how the wake-up events in my bios work. I
>> >have windows xp and the wake-up by RTC works fine when i shut down the
>> >pc. (btw: I cannot turn the pc into standby-mode only hibernating - I
>> >do not know why). But I cannot wake-up the PC with mouse or keyboard,
>> >eventhough the IRQ's are "enabled".
>>
>> "Wake up" by keyboard or mouse usually only works when the system is in
>> Standby (aka Suspend to RAM) mode.
>>
>> "Wake up" from Suspend to Disk (aka Hibernate) or a fully-powered down
>state
>> usually requires a Power button press...
>>

>With many MB, you can turn your computer on (from power-off and hibernation)
>by hitting 'any'  key :) on a keyboard, or clicking a mouse.

So I've heard (which is why that "usually" was there ;-) but I've never owned
a motherboard that works that way...

/daytripper
0
daytripper