What's wrong with my Sony Floppy Disk Drive 1.44MB

I've this vexing problem with most of my floppies after I've tried inserting
them into my Sony FDD. This dialog prompt will shows, "the floppy is not
formatted. do u wish to format it?" What is wrong and furthermore, how come
previously, I was able to use my FDD but it was not able to be open in an
Win98SE system? FYI, mines' using WinXP Pro. Thanks in advance.

0
KahKeeNang
7/27/2003 5:19:02 PM
comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips 2946 articles. 2 followers. Post Follow

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 01:19:02 +0800, "KahKeeNang" <nospam@emails.com> wrote:

>I've this vexing problem with most of my floppies after I've tried inserting
>them into my Sony FDD. This dialog prompt will shows, "the floppy is not
>formatted. do u wish to format it?" What is wrong and furthermore, how come

Are you sure it said "do u wish"? That would suggest a problem with your video
display, or a poor command of English.

>previously, I was able to use my FDD but it was not able to be open in an
>Win98SE system? FYI, mines' using WinXP Pro. Thanks in advance.

-Barry
========
Voicemail/fax number +14136227640
0
Barry
7/28/2003 4:07:56 AM
KahKeeNang wrote:

> I've this vexing problem with most of my floppies after I've tried
> inserting them into my Sony FDD. This dialog prompt will shows, "the
> floppy is not formatted. do u wish to format it?" What is wrong and
> furthermore,

Sounds like the FDD died..

--

  Stacey
0
"KahKeeNang" <nospam@emails.com> wrote in message
| I've this vexing problem with most of my floppies after I've tried
inserting
| them into my Sony FDD. This dialog prompt will shows, "the floppy is not
| formatted. do u wish to format it?" What is wrong and furthermore, how
come
| previously, I was able to use my FDD but it was not able to be open in an
| Win98SE system? FYI, mines' using WinXP Pro. Thanks in advance.

check the cables. also make sure there is no conflicts in hardware resource
manager.  if not those. it's dead.

ken k

0
Ken