Cannot get BIOS setting change to "take" on IBM NetVista

Hello All:

In the BIOS of an IBM NetVista running XP I am setting
the floppy drive to 3.5-inch/1.44Mb, but the save doesn't "take".
It keeps returning to 5.25-inch.

Is there something/somewhere that can keep a BIOS setting change
from taking?

Thanks in advance,
-Richard Vaughn

0
Richard
5/26/2004 3:53:37 PM
comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc 1651 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

"Richard Vaughn" <rvaughn9@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Hello All:
>
> In the BIOS of an IBM NetVista running XP I am setting
> the floppy drive to 3.5-inch/1.44Mb, but the save doesn't "take".
> It keeps returning to 5.25-inch.
>
> Is there something/somewhere that can keep a BIOS setting change
> from taking?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> -Richard Vaughn

Try new CMOS battery. Are you saving on exit? Try resetting BIOS with clear
jumper.

    MIke.

---

Michael