How hot is too hot?

Ok, so I've found my BIOS thermometers.

So, how hot is too hot?  It gets hot in my office upstairs, but I have no
idea what would be acceptable to my computer.  It has separate case and CPU
fans.

This is an Athlon 2100+ with 512 Meg RAM and a GeForce 3 (and other stuff).
0
Dan
7/17/2003 11:21:38 PM
comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc 1651 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

>Ok, so I've found my BIOS thermometers.
>
>So, how hot is too hot?  It gets hot in my office upstairs, but I have no
>idea what would be acceptable to my computer.  It has separate case and CPU
>fans.
>
>This is an Athlon 2100+ with 512 Meg RAM and a GeForce 3 (and other stuff).

CPU temp should be below 60 C , 54 would be better. If too hot, need better
heatsink/fan, if internal temp gets too close to CPU temp, need better case
ventilation. Usual to blow into case at front/bottom, and extract from
rear/top. My Athlon 1.33 has CPU 56C, with internal temp 37C.

    Mike.

---

Michael