IBM keypad with non-IBM laptop

Hello!

I hope someone can shed light on this issue I'm having. I've got an IBM
PS/2 numeric keypad which I would like to use with my Canon laptop.
Unfortunately, I am unable to get it to be recognized by my Canon, or my
  generic desktop.

Are IBM keyboards/keypads incompatible with non-IBM machines? Or is this
keypad missing a driver, or possibly broken?

Cheers,
Aatheus

comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc 1651 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

Is it black with a flip up cover? If so I think it only works on a Thinkpad. I
bought a couple and had zero luck using them on anything else. They scan out
strange codes that only the Thinkpad reads.
0
gfretwell
1/23/2004 3:20:28 AM
Hello

The one I got doesn't have a flip-up cover, but it looks like it did at
one point. Ah well... thanks for the info.