"Secure Boot proves insecurity of backdoors"

http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/29.68.html#subj22.1

http://www.infoworld.com/article/3106079/security/secure-boot-proves-insecurity-of-backdoors.html

selected text:

Microsoft's mistake with Secure Boot and its secret policy is a perfect
illustration of why it's too dangerous to create encryption systems with
a secure backdoor. Someone will inevitably make a mistake, and users are
left vulnerable while the company scrambles for a fix.

"This is a perfect real-world example about why your idea of backdooring
cryptosystems with a 'secure golden key' is very bad!"  the researchers
said in a pointed message to the FBI.
0
Louis

Louis Ohland wrote:

> http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/29.68.html#subj22.1
>
> http://www.infoworld.com/article/3106079/security/secure-boot-proves-insecurity-of-backdoors.html
>
> selected text:
>
> Microsoft's mistake with Secure Boot and its secret policy is a perfect
> illustration of why it's too dangerous to create encryption systems with
> a secure backdoor. Someone will inevitably make a mistake, and users are
> left vulnerable while the company scrambles for a fix.
>
> "This is a perfect real-world example about why your idea of backdooring
> cryptosystems with a 'secure golden key' is very bad!"  the researchers
> said in a pointed message to the FBI.

Microsofts mistake?  Microsoft doesn't make mistakes!  Secure boot will go on and make millions and
will be successful!  Your researchers, computer gurus, the world, and everone else is WRONG!  Secure
golden key is GOOD!  Its "YOU" who is wrong and we have the Billions of dollars to show for it.
Resistance is futile.....you will be assimilated!

EZoto

0
Euclides