0.05M capacitor part II - the end

Hi !
I couldn't ba able to find a 0.05uF 500V ceramic capacitor ... damn ...
so I "adapted" a 0.047uF 630V ... now the board is recognized (at least
from the IBM XT diags ... the only diags I own that see it)

Adapted is a big word ;-)
You can see here an example of "ugly job" that works ...

www.supervinx.com/temp/11220001.JPG
0
supervinx

supervinx wrote:
> Hi !
> I couldn't ba able to find a 0.05uF 500V ceramic capacitor ... damn ...
> so I "adapted" a 0.047uF 630V ... now the board is recognized (at least
> from the IBM XT diags ... the only diags I own that see it)
>
> Adapted is a big word ;-)
> You can see here an example of "ugly job" that works ...
>
> www.supervinx.com/temp/11220001.JPG

If it works I would not worry too much about it...
but since there is only low voltage on the capacitor
you could easily have substituted a *lower* voltage capacitor

I'm sure even a 50 volt cap would be fine
0
philo
11/22/2009 11:48:58 PM
> ...now the board is recognized (at least from the IBM
> XT diags ... the only diags I own that see it)...

The "stand-alone" diagnostics for the 3270 Host Connect adapter are at
http://www.networking.ibm.com/nhd/webnav.nsf/pages/327:327files.html
(version 4.12). I've got the same version (on both 720 and 360Kb
diskettes), distributed with the last ISA version of the card. It
should also work with the earlier Host Connect adapters (like yours),
but I haven't tested that combination myself.
                        David
                        David@IBMMuseum.com
0
IBMMuseum
11/24/2009 3:58:11 PM
> The "stand-alone" diagnostics for the 3270 Host Connect adapter are at
> http://www.networking.ibm.com/nhd/webnav.nsf/pages/327:327files.html
> (version 4.12). I've got the same version (on both 720 and 360Kb
> diskettes), distributed with the last ISA version of the card. It
> should also work with the earlier Host Connect adapters (like yours),
> but I haven't tested that combination myself.
     The diagnostic is also supposed to work for the microchannel versions
of the adapter:
http://www.ibmmuseum.com/OhlandL/communications/3270.html, et al...
                       David
                       David@IBMMuseum.com

0
David

9.3.0
12-Oct-2004 10:12:07.323 zone emirsal.com/IN: refresh: failure trying master 213.42.49.107#53 (source 0.0.0.0#0): unexpected end of input I am slave for this zone but I am unable to do a zone transfer succesfully. dig axfr emirsal.com @213.42.49.107 is fine dig soa emirsal.com @213.42.49.107 is fine and 9.2.3 bind can do the zone transfer sucesfully. could it be 9.3.0 only problem? could it be I am out of file descriptors/sockets for named? Ladislav ...

IIS 5.0 and IIS 6.0
I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS THE EXACTLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN IIS 5.0 AND IIS 6.0 ...

Re: 9.3.0
> 12-Oct-2004 10:12:07.323 zone emirsal.com/IN: refresh: failure trying > master 213.42.49.107#53 (source 0.0.0.0#0): unexpected end of input > > > I am slave for this zone but I am unable to do a zone transfer succesfully. > > dig axfr emirsal.com @213.42.49.107 is fine > dig soa emirsal.com @213.42.49.107 is fine > > and 9.2.3 bind can do the zone transfer sucesfully. > > could it be 9.3.0 only problem? > > could it be I am out of file descriptors/sockets for named? > > Ladislav When all else fails tcpdump is your f...

Re: 9.3.0
> thanks for your time and help, mark. Does the nameserver have to be edns > aware to do successful zone transfers with bind 9.3.0? no. > Do I have to > list all non-ends master servers in my named.conf to be able to do > zone-transfer successfully. No. The server in question is broken. It is sending malformed answers. > Ladislav > > Mark Andrews wrote: > >>12-Oct-2004 10:12:07.323 zone emirsal.com/IN: refresh: failure trying > >>master 213.42.49.107#53 (source 0.0.0.0#0): unexpected end of input > >> > &g...

#if 0?0?0:0:0
The following 4-lines source fragment test.c (fourth line empty) #if 0?0?0:0:0 #endif int main(void){return 0?0?0:0:0;} cause: test.c(1) : fatal error C1017: invalid integer constant expression when compiled by cl.exe aka "Microsoft (R) 32-bit C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 15.00.30729.01 for 80x86". On the other hand this compile and runs fine. #if 0?(0?0:0):0 #endif int main(void){return 0?0?0:0:0;} Did I hit a but it this compiler's preprocessor? Francois Grieu On 3/30/2010 12:47 PM, Francois Grieu wrote: > The following 4-lines source fr...

Mwave part II
Hi ! Thanks everyone for the sw ... Every driver installation fails ... when I use the DOS based prog config.exe, it says "failed" in every test, both automatic and manual config ... jumpers are ok and no resource conflicts. Oddly, the two boards behave the same ... may be that the Mwave line was buggy, I've heard it wasn't a blockbuster ;-) MWave, brings back memories of all the problems that board caused me depending on revision/type. A lot of people would throw the boards out and buy a SB card when they had to reinstall windows without using the preload dis...

0,0 not 0,0
hi all, i have 2 drawings - ground floor and first floor. when i do an ID on a point on the grid i get the same readings for both drawings however, when i xref one into the other or both into a new drawing they come in in different locations. i've checked they're both using world UCS and the same units. any ideas? i thought with autocad 0,0 was always 0,0? cheers rob "Coro, Rob" <RE-Coro@bdp.co.uk> schrieb: >hi all, > >i have 2 drawings - ground floor and first floor. when i do an ID on a >point on the grid i get the same readings for bo...

(= 0/0 0/0)
Hi, shouldn't > (= 0/0 0/0) => NIL or > (= 0/0 0/0) => T instead of giving out division by zero? 0/0 is different from 1/0, which is the non-existent number n such that 1 x n = 0. The actual result of that expression depends of what you think 0/0 is. I personally feel that 0/0 is any number n such that 0 x n = 0, that is all numbers. hal9@cyberspace.org (Hal Niner) writes: > Hi, > > shouldn't > > > (= 0/0 0/0) => NIL > > or > > > (= 0/0 0/0) => T > > instead of giving out division by zero? 0/0 is different fro...

IIS 6.0: How to backup IIS 6.0 and How to restore it after it crashes?
Hello all, I have one IIS 6.o insltalled on a 2003 server. I deploy all kind of reports, websites, intanets to it. i need to know where can i go to find wll that is needed, i.ie. scripts - for backing up and restoring (rebuild from a particular restore snapshot), articles, tips and tricks, etc. Appreciate your help in advance James -- Message posted via SQLMonster.com http://www.sqlmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/sql-server-general/200507/1 ...

IP 0.0.0.0/0
Hi Any useful link that explains this IP address range in details, please? Thanks in advance! The Dude In article <Jp6Hg.458762$IK3.24918@pd7tw1no>, The Dude <The Dude@thedu.de> wrote: >Any useful link that explains this IP address range in details, please? Urrr -- 0.0.0.0/0 is the *entire* IPv4 address range, and 0.0.0.0/32 is just the single IPv4 address 0.0.0.0. For any given network, the lowest address in the network is reserved. Historically, the lowest address was one of the two allowed choices for the broadcast address; later, the broadcast a...

Parts parts parts
Anyone need any 1541 drive mechinisms, cases, or boards. Also have a few chips sitting here that I don't have a use for at this time. Charles http://www.8bitdesigns.ath.cx ...

0.0**0 = ?
I'm wondering if 0.0**0 (as opposed to 0.0**0.0) has the value 1 as per fortran standard or if this is left to the compiler vendors (different vendors do different things, unhappily). Thanks, Joost Joost VandeVondele wrote: > I'm wondering if 0.0**0 (as opposed to 0.0**0.0) has the value 1 as > per fortran standard or if this is left to the compiler vendors > (different vendors do different things, unhappily). > > Thanks, > > Joost Surely, 0.0**0.0 is mathematically undefined? Therefore, I wouldn't expect the standard to make any pronouncement about the ...

Simplifying {0,0,0}.X.{0,0,0}
Hello, In brief: Is there a way that I can specify that "X" is a matrix and will resolve to zero when dot multiplied with a vector of zeros? I'm constructing a swathe of expressions that contain things like (when expanded): {0,0,0}.X.{0,0,0}, where X is an arbitrary (well, positive definite) square matrix of obvious size, and I'd like to be able to have mathematica simplify that for me without much intervention. My only option at the moment is to manually perform the replacements {{0, 0, 0}.X._ -> 0, _.X.{0, 0, 0} -> 0} (the left and right vectors won...

"some\0\0\0\0\0\0"
can i use such form of adding zeros to the strings/literals to 'pad' them with zeros ? or this is not guwranteed to work? need that for assuring that strings for example arepadded to some amount of bytes thus using fast compare which only checks some amount of data and do not bother for checking ends, etc 9you know what i mean) On Thu, 13 Aug 2015 12:30:19 -0700, fir saw fit to publish the following: > can i use such form of adding zeros to the strings/literals to 'pad' > them with zeros ? Yes you can. (I feel SOOO presidential right now) > or this is n...

WTB: IBM PC Server 320 hardware parts
Does anyone have a set of memory card standoffs for a 8640-MZV MCA server? They support the memory card riser on the bottom of the case. The standoffs are included in the 06H8940 Miscellaneous Parts Kit but I don't need any of the other hardware in the kit. Thanks, Walter ...

IBM SPSS HotFix 19.0.0.1 (or 19.0.1)
Anyone having trouble extracting the update? My extract, and have tried several options, fails about half way through with a file exceptions error Am in contact w support who can't help and asked me to re-try everything that has already failed If someone has been successful, would we talk off-line, please contact me Tks Thanks for all the comments (lol) Problem solved ...

0:0:0:0:phone
Under kerio Admin screen,local Address I get: 0:0:0:0:phone where "phone" is the local port number. What the hell is that supposed to mean? MikeStevens.invalid@spamtrap.org wrote: > Under kerio Admin screen,local Address I get: 0:0:0:0:phone > > where "phone" is the local port number. What the hell is that supposed to > mean? That's illegal -- there should be nothing coming from 0.0.0.0 at all, on ANY port. Block that IP outright. -- Cinemuck, n.: The combination of popcorn, soda, and melted chocolate which covers the floors of movie thea...

FA: Ending in a few hours Lots of Cool Apple II Hardware
Auctions come due in a few hours, Sorry for the short notice. Please have a look. There is some pretty neat items such as a koala pad, Genius Musician board, Wildcard disk copier,Sam Speech board,Videx 80 column board, books, printer interfaces, a rare apple II computer and a box of third party disk drives as well as a rare RPG game. http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZcurlyfry1 -- Leo Im looking for Commodore 64/Vic20 Cartridges! Got any? Check out my tradelist & items for sale at http://www.commodore64.allhell.com ...

Virto Ajax SharePoint Web Part Calendar 1.0.0.0
Virto Ajax Calendar is a web part for SharePoint. It's built for displaying events collected from any SharePoint List in a single calendar view. Virto Calendar is designed for SharePoint Release 3 and built on Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5. Virto is provided with a number of new features including easy events creating with one mouse click, quick navigation by using a date picker, drag and drop for events creating and changing event duration. Virto Calendar can be used instead of built-in SharePoint Calendar. It provides you with powerful capabilities for more convenient events calen...

what is the significance of 0.0.0.0
is this the default gateway of whole internet. or is this the default gateway of a whole class A ip addresses. or is this a network address of a particular sub-net. please explain it pragmatically with regards novice wrote: > is this the default gateway of whole internet. > or is this the default gateway of a whole class A ip addresses. > > or is this a network address of a particular sub-net. > please explain it pragmatically > with regards Written that way, it's nothing more than an IP address. On 10/04/2010 02:53 PM, novice wrote: > is this the default gatewa...

Open Server 3.0 printer problem Part II
Thanks to everyone who tried to help with my remote printing problem on Open Server 3.0. I also enjoyed the walk down memory lane. I am however still unable to print. Heres where I am. I first tried the built in lpd and although as far as I can tell it appears to be set up correctly. Here is the response to every print request. > # lp -d RAW /etc/hosts > request id is RAW-12 > lp: connect: Connection refused > jobs queued, but cannot start daemon. The lpd daemon is running, so I'm stumped. Does anyone know if the ever actually worked? I think it might be a permission pro...

Auction: IBM PS2 Internal PCMCIA Card Adapter
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280118973512 Starting bid: GBP 0.99 (Approximately US $1.96) End time: May-29-07 01:23:01 PDT (2 days 13 hours) Ships to: United Kingdom Item location: Reading, United Kingdom Here we have a genuine IBM PS2 Internal PCMCIA Card adapter as pictured. Card only - sold as seen. Came from an office clearance but I don't have the hardware to use it. No affiliation For the PS/2E -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may...

*.so , *.la , *.a , *.so.0.0.0 , *.so.1.0.0 ...
I noticed so many extensions in the /usr/lib directory of my Linux system. .so stands for shared object but also there are other extensions can anyone please explain or atleast give pointers to where I can find information about these extensions in details. regards, Onkar onkar <onkar.n.m@gmail.com> wrote: > I noticed so many extensions in the /usr/lib directory of my Linux > system. .so stands for shared object but also there are other > extensions can anyone please explain or atleast give pointers to where > I can find information about these extensions in detail...

Auction: VINTAGE IBM PS2 MODEL 30 286 COMPUTER FOR REPAIR PARTS
Dead clock battery. (I'm still working on getting a DS1287 apart without completely destroying it. Who'd have thought it would be this entertaining?) http://search.ebay.com/220101437534 Ships to the US, located in Palm Harbor, FL. Ends Apr-17-07, 14:28:17 PDT No affiliation. William Hi William ! > Dead clock battery. (I'm still working on getting a DS1287 apart without > completely destroying it. Who'd have thought it would be this entertaining?) I really wonder why it is so difficult for you. Really. Next time use a Dremel or a sharp metal sa...

Web resources about - 0.05M capacitor part II - the end - comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware

Capacitor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the electronic component. For the physical phenomenon, see capacitance . For an overview of various kinds of capacitors, ...

Capacitor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the electrical component. For the physical phenomenon, see capacitance . For an overview of various kinds of capacitors, ...

App Store - Flux Capacitor™
Get Flux Capacitor™ on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

We found it, the mother lode, the Flux Capacitor back from the Future:https://www.flickr.com/photos/ ...
jurvetson posted a photo: SLAC houses the longest linear accelerator in the world, making it "the world's straightest object". The main accelerator ...

This is simplest possible board for ARM (STM32) - single layer, single sided, and only 1 capacitor ...
Many people think that ARM is very hard to use and require 4-6 layer PCB with lots of support circuitry. This proves that you can have it working ...

World's tiniest capacitor is big business
World's tiniest capacitor is big business

Today’s Apps Gone Free: Flux Capacitor, Jump Out HD, Pointillist And More

Price Drop: Flux Capacitor™
Flux Capacitor™ 2.2 Device: iOS Universal Category: Entertainment Price: Free, Version: 2.2 ( iTunes ) Description: The Flux Capacitor is ...

A supercapacitor in your optical drive: DVD-RW used to burn graphene capacitors
... energy storage—both long- and short-term—will only increase. While chemical batteries are the primary way this is accomplished today, capacitors ...

Watch the Flux Capacitor make its drag strip debut
Filed under: Green , UK , Electric Rebuilt Enfield 8000 aka "Flux Capacitor" shows off its speed in six-minute video.