ACPA musings

    Where are the developer's kits for MWAVE / W95?
0
Louis

On Nov 22, 11:34=A0am, Louis Ohland <ohl...@charter.net> wrote:
> =A0 =A0 Where are the developer's kits for MWAVE / W95?

Hey Louis......

A couple of years ago I received a CD from Brad Parker and I think it
contains all the files you are looking for........but it has a problem
in that it has deteriorated and only 1 of my cdromz will even read the
contents, but not the files themselves.

If you can tell me how to retrieve those files, I would be happy to
send you a burnt copy.  If we can't do it that way, I will send you
the disk and you can see if you can retrieve them.

CT
0
Tim
11/22/2009 8:30:32 PM
May be I'm out of theme ;-)
I have two IBM MWave ISA cards ... I downloaded some drivers from the
net, I installed them (DOS support) but the diagnostic doesn't see them
at all.
1) Both the boards are defective.
or
2) the drivers aren't right.

Do you have some "correct" driver ?
0
supervinx
11/22/2009 10:20:03 PM
On Nov 22, 5:20=A0pm, supervinx <superv...@libero.it> wrote:
> May be I'm out of theme ;-)
> I have two IBM MWave ISA cards ... I downloaded some drivers from the
> net, I installed them (DOS support) but the diagnostic doesn't see them
> at all.
> 1) Both the boards are defective.
> or
> 2) the drivers aren't right.
>
> Do you have some "correct" driver ?

Hey Vincenzo........

Do you have the maker and number of the chip on the cards?

CT
0
Tim
11/22/2009 10:28:35 PM
Board 1
=======
IBM38MDSP2780
85G1700 J
19609C8203

Board 2
=======
IBM38MDSP2780
85G1700 J
19612D7524

I think that only DSP number is needed ...

0
supervinx
11/22/2009 10:33:00 PM
On Nov 22, 5:33=A0pm, supervinx <superv...@libero.it> wrote:
> Board 1
> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
> IBM38MDSP2780
> 85G1700 J
> 19609C8203
>
> Board 2
> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
> IBM38MDSP2780
> 85G1700 J
> 19612D7524
>
> I think that only DSP number is needed ...

I will email you some files..........
0
Tim
11/22/2009 10:57:23 PM
I believe you must cycle the power after the drivers and other software is
installed and the PC requests a reboot.
A warm reboot doesn't work.

"supervinx" <supervinx@libero.it> wrote in message
> Board 1
> =======
> IBM38MDSP2780
> 85G1700 J
> 19609C8203
>
> Board 2
> =======
> IBM38MDSP2780
> 85G1700 J
> 19612D7524
>
> I think that only DSP number is needed ...

0
Charles
11/23/2009 2:07:56 PM
Hi!

> =A0 =A0 Where are the developer's kits for MWAVE / W95?

The ACPA isn't an Mwave, although the two are clearly related to one
another, with one just being an evolved product. (Sort of. I've never
noticed the ACPA telling me that it was "out of memory".)

I don't have developers kits. However, I do have a techref that came
in the box. I should probably scan it, in case anyone feels like
taking on the authoring of a driver.

You might also be interested in this, because I don't know if you have
(or if you want to) put it in the Tools:

http://greyghost.mooo.com/mcastuff/m-acpa/

You are most probably interested in the SoundBlaster emulation, the
ZIP file containg what you need to enable it (yes! I saved a copy!)
and the Audacity Software headings. But feel free to absorb what you
want.

William
0
William
11/23/2009 4:53:42 PM
supervinx wrote:
> Board 1
> =======
> IBM38MDSP2780
> 85G1700 J
> 19609C8203
>
> Board 2
> =======
> IBM38MDSP2780
> 85G1700 J
> 19612D7524
>
> I think that only DSP number is needed ...

Hi,

I poked around a bit on the obvious places, did you check these yet?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_Mwave
http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=141978
--> ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/mw2000r2.exe
--> ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/mw2000r2.txt
http://www.bdti.com/procsum/ibmmwave.htm
http://www.driverfiles.net/Modems/IBM/Mwave-MDSP-2780/download/page,sh,18537,70,2,.html
http://support.tigerdirect.com/profiles/support/drivers/Sound%20Drivers/Multi-Wave%20Drivers/Mwave%20modem%20sound%20card%20combo/Win95/mwavecombo.asp
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/PFAN-3PGR3T.html
-->
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=DSHY-3TLQ2L

Hopefully you'll find something useful in these links (the last ones
look best),

Alvin.
0
Alvin
11/24/2009 4:12:54 PM

Advanced Communications Processor (ACP) used in some thinkpads.

I think you have the "Dolphin" based card.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_Mwave
http://tedfelix.com/Mwave/

> I poked around a bit on the obvious places, did you check these yet?
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_Mwave
> http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=141978
> --> ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/mw2000r2.exe
> --> ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/mw2000r2.txt
> http://www.bdti.com/procsum/ibmmwave.htm
> http://www.driverfiles.net/Modems/IBM/Mwave-MDSP-2780/download/page,sh,18537,70,2,.html
>
> http://support.tigerdirect.com/profiles/support/drivers/Sound%20Drivers/Multi-Wave%20Drivers/Mwave%20modem%20sound%20card%20combo/Win95/mwavecombo.asp
>
> http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/PFAN-3PGR3T.html
> -->
> http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=DSHY-3TLQ2L
>

> Hopefully you'll find something useful in these links (the last ones
> look best),
>
> Alvin.
0
Louis

Auction: Vintage IBM PS2 PC Hardware Maintenance Manual Models 25
<http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-IBM-PS2-PC-Hardware-Maintenance-Manual_W0QQitemZ270078671271QQihZ017QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> End time: Jan-18-07 17:11:07 PST These are good for quick service to the systems. I am electric, electric eye... ...

Auction: IBM PS2 PS/2 Vintage Server Collectible sys 8595-0KF (William!! It's a xKx!!!)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270237772168 Starting bid: US $59.00 End time: May-22-08 09:23:51 PDT (6 days 19 hours) Ships to: Worldwide Item location: Holliston/Boston, MA, United States You are bidding on a IBM PS2 PS/2 Vintage Server Collectible sys 8595-0KF. This has been test and in working condition. This is not really intended to be used as a computer, rather a collectible piece of IBM history. Unit IS WORKING, and cosmetically in great shape It has a 1.44 floppy and NO Hard drive and would require very specific ones if you were to go the r...

IBM Hardware
Is and always was, of better quality than Apple. In article <M2q1g.4309$Kn4.4058@bignews2.bellsouth.net>, "zara" <zspook@aol.com> wrote: > Is and always was, of better quality than Apple. Zzzzzz..... In article <M2q1g.4309$Kn4.4058@bignews2.bellsouth.net>, "zara" <zspook@aol.com> wrote: > Is and always was, of better quality than Apple. Then what happened to OS/2? It should be up to Warp 7 by now. -- Microsoft and Windoze: The combination that made computing dangerous. Apple and OS X: The combination that made computing insanely ...

Hardware musings
Hello all... I have been an off and on reader of this newsgroup and the A2 "hobby" in general for the last 10 years or so. I moved several years back and haven't yet got around to setting up my A2 collection, but that will change soon. Mind you, my first Apple was a //c that I purchased sometime in the late 80's while in high school, but used apples for several years in school before buying one. After spending some time over the last few weeks scanning / reading the posts from the last few years, it seems that there are several topics that keep coming up that are o...

IBM Hardware
Elarasys, Inc a leading reseller of pre-owned IBM p5, pSeries, and TotalStorage hardware has a sale on the below systems. p615 7029-6C3 1-Way 1.2GHz, 1GB Memory, 36.4GB 10K Disk Drive, DVD, Rails&Power Cord $2,100.00 7044-170 400MHz, 1GB Memory, 2 x 18.2GB 10K Disk Drives, CD-ROM, 20/40GB 8mm Tape Drive, GXT4500P, K&M $675.00 p640 7026-B80 2-Way 375MHz/8MB, 1GB Memory, 18.2GB 10K Drive, CD-ROM, Rails&Power Cord $850.00 We can a complete line of IBM p5, pSeries and TotalStorage hardware if you are looking for something not listed above or would like a different configuration p...

sys.ps2
when I type sys.ps2 after import sys, I got the message like: Traceback (most recent call last): File "<pyshell#10>", line 1, in -toplevel- sys.ps2 AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'ps2' why does it happen? You should be in interactive mode to see those, otherwise you get the error ...

[auction US] IBM MICROCHANNEL 1200-2400BPS MODEM FOR IBM PS2 SYSTEMS
Beware! The seller doesn't seem to care much about which card you'll be getting! >http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120086889786&ss PageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=002< Regards, Alvin. ...

Auc-tion: IBM MICROCHANNEL 1200-2400BPS MODEM FOR IBM PS2 SYSTEMS
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120064993053 End time: Dec-21-06 00:32:30 PST (4 days 11 hours) Ships to: Worldwide Item location: BERTONE MOTORS, CINCINNATI, OHIO, United States No affiliation "picture may not be actual item exactly; but is of and will be a PS2 microchannel modem; picture may not be exact card, I have several to sell and they are not the same, specs are within that stated" -- Jelte ...

Auctions (2): Three IBM PS2 Graphics Adapters 8514/A *AND* IBM MicroChannel 4869 External 5-1/4" Disk Drive (360K)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270123874305 Starting bid: US $0.99 End time: May-31-07 16:43:43 PDT (6 days 3 hours) Ships to: United States Item location: Surprise, Arizona, United States IBM PS/2 MicroChannel CAD Workstation Graphics Cards Model 8514/A listing is for a quantity of three shipped for a single price Also by same seller : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270123854097 Starting bid: US $0.99 End time: May-31-07 15:51:52 PDT (6 days 3 hours) Includes the drive sled, the MCA adapter card and ribbon cables for ins...

IBM PS2 8530
Hello everyone I have Ibm ps2 8530 i8086 (8mhz i think?) and my problem is hard drive. Hard drive is dead! I do not know what to do, I can not find another to replace it. What should I do, whether it can build up a larger and newer disk? My old drive is: WDI 325Q 72x7568 Please help! Thanks "Nano" <adriano.uvodic@st.t-com.hr> wrote in message news:j9im4c$7nk$1@ss408.t-com.hr... > I have Ibm ps2 8530 i8086 (8mhz i think?) and my problem is hard drive. > Hard drive is dead! > I do not know what to do, I can not find another to replace it. >...

Lots of PS2 hardware for sale
For instance: Model 9595-ALG with Pentium 60 CPU card Model 77i Lots of of MCA card e.g. Etherlink III MCA Etherlink/MC 32 various token Other adapters Look at http://picasaweb.google.nl/debink/PS2Hardware for pictures Make a nice offer and it's yours Located in the Netherlands near Amsterdam Three can Spock, a 3c529-TP, a DDS-2 drive, a 3c527, an Auto TR 16/4, an H complex. How many "other adapters"? BTW, I'm across the pond. I am NOT jetting over to pick it up... debink@gmail.com wrote: > For instance: > > Model 9595-ALG with Pen...

What are files Z80.SYS, Z80CCP.SYS and PRMTVPVT.SYS for?
Had a good Christmas this weekend? I came across diskettes with "Mailmerge 3.0 and Calcstar version 1.45 for CP/M 8080", that seem to be for a Dec Rainbow machine. Besides a Mailmerge overlay and the Calcstar files, some CP/M and some CP/M-86 files, there are three files on the diskettes that I never have heard of before: Z80.SYS, Z80CCP.SYS and PRMTVPVT.SYS. There are no ASCII texts in PRMTVPVT.SYS. The only ASCII text in Z80.SYS (at the end of the file) is "EI SPHLDI XCHGPCHLXTHLRET HLT CMC STC CMA DAA RAR RAL RRC RLC NOP CPI ORI XRI ANI SBI IN SUI OUT ACI ADI CALLJMP LDA...

Sun musings with reference to IBM
This was posted to comp.lang.java.programmer. I thought it might be of interest to others. My only comment would be to say that this guys view of the world may be a bit skewed to the *nix side. - by Eric S. Raymond - Sun Microsystems crossed the line from "troubled" to "doomed" yesterday. This is sad news for the open-source community, and we need to think about how we're going to deal with it. The most pressing questions are, "What becomes of Java?" and, "What becomes of OpenOffice.org?" These are questions that matter. Sun's ...

IBM PS2 notebook N51sx
I am looking for an old N51 sx, for replace pieces. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3459519884&category=40177 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3460978409&category=42202 CT the Provider (?) ...

Web resources about - ACPA musings - comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware

Omar Shahine - Random musings on technology and gadgets
Random musings on technology and gadgets (by Omar Shahine)

Podcast #40 – Random Musings
You’re listening to the Stack Exchange Podcast #40 (We apologize to everyone who expected Wil Wheaton last week) Your hosts are David Fullerton, ...

Musings of a dark overlord: Leveraging 21st-century education with open source - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...
Read the article on opensource.com Musings of a dark overlord: Leveraging 21st-century education with open source Created by Libby Levi for opensource.com ...

The musings of Malcolm
The musings of Malcolm

The Warnifesto in action and other random musings
Some random musings and pent-up grievances, while watching what could have been a good Test match washed down a south London gutter

The musings of Malcolm
The musings of Malcolm

Monday Musings: John Tortorella wrong to sit Luongo - Hockey - CBC Sports
This week's Monday Musings takes a look at the situations in Vancouver and Buffalo, Penn State's inspirational forward David Glen and which NHL ...

Papal Musings: The quicker the better for cardinal electors?
The date is now set. On Tuesday, March 12, the cardinal electors, all 115 of them, will enter in solemn procession, following a special pontifical ...

Media Musings: Does a journalism education still matter?
Feature 1 The strongest case for a journalism education is that media companies in the vast majority of cases still ask for journalism graduates ...

Midweek Musings: BPL teams line up for final transfers
Midweek Musings: BPL teams line up for final transfers TSN Liverpool – You can thank Daniel Sturridge and his bright start for alleviating ...