Another "IBM PS/2 Files" Mirror

Hello all!

Looks like the word is getting out...

Someone wrote me today to say that they'd put up a new mirror of Dan
Hamilton's IBM PS/2 Files collection.

http://www.nefastus.org/ibm-ps2

William

0
William

William R. Walsh wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> Looks like the word is getting out...
>
> Someone wrote me today to say that they'd put up a new mirror of Dan
> Hamilton's IBM PS/2 Files collection.
>
> http://www.nefastus.org/ibm-ps2
>
> William

Seems like he mirrored a very old copy.  It's still good that it's
mirrored!

The latest can always be found at:
http://ps2supersite.homedns.org/files/

Last time I added or updated it was back in March of this year (2006).
That mirror was from 2004....looks like the very first version of it.

--Daniel
0
Daniel

"IBM PS/2 Software Solutions"
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3659352390 NA I bid. (I'm "wakeco-pc")... Had one of these a while ago but somehow managed to loose most of it... Joe the Scavenger "Kevin Bowling" <kevin.bowlingNO.SPAM@wans.REMOVETHIS.net> wrote in message news:_pzUb.3985$226.1186@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com... > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3659352390 > NA > > "Joseph Wakeman" <dwake@wccta.net> wrote in message news:bvugqk$ndn$1@news.netins.net... > I bid...

IBM "Olympic" TR adapters / PS/2 ThinkPads with Cardbus?
Hi there! I'm fiddling around with the MCA Linux kernel again. I've come across a IBM "Olympic" TR chipset driver. Questions: 1. Do MC TR adapters with this "Olympic" chipset exist? 2. Do PS/2 ThinkPads support Cardbus (32-bit PCMCIA style PCI) and therefore have a PCI bus? 3. Is there general interest in this driver, maybe for PCI/MCA machines or later ThinkPads? Saskia PS: Added EtherStreamer support. -- Remove ".KEIN.ROASTBEEF" from my address to send mail Hi Saskia ! > Hi there! > > I'm fiddling around with t...

IBM PS/2 vs standard "clone" 1.44 drives
I own two MCA IDE cards, so IDE disks can be used. Has ever built an MCA card in order to replace the PS/2 floppy with a standard (?) one ? The clone 1.44 disk must be bootable, obviously :) Floppy drives are double-critical, since the setup is floppy based ... supervinx wrote: > Has ever built an MCA card in order to replace the PS/2 floppy with a > standard (?) one ? IBM Printing Systems (long before the outfit was sold to Ricoh) used the PS/2-style 720K and 1.44MB 3.5-inch floppy drives in the 6262 printer. When the PS/2-style drives became almost impossible to obtain, they came up with adapter cables that allowed them to use selected OEM 3.5-inch floppy drives in the 6262 printer. They could do this because their drive mounting allowed for enough room in the back to accommodate the adapter cable, if you wanted to do the same with most PS/2s you'd need to "customize" the floppy mounting location. Some of the RS/6000 models also used the adapter cable, I believe that the 7012-390 was one example. I'm pretty sure that this adapter cable only worked with systems that used a single floppy drive. Rick Ekblaw On Sun, 23 Oct 2011 12:59:25 -0400, Rick Ekblaw <ekblaw@vnet.ibm.com> wrote: >supervinx wrote: >> Has ever built an MCA card in order to replace the PS/2 floppy with a >> standard (?) one ? > >IBM Printing Systems (long before the outfit was sold to Ricoh) used the >...

Finally identified an Inline 2060 "IBM PS/2 Distribution Amplifier"
<http://web.archive.org/web/19970101012127/www.inlineinc.com/products/distamp/2060.htm< IN2060 1-In 2-Out VGA Distribution Amplifier Amplifies VGA, SVGA, XGA and XGA2 Signals Click on photo to see large color photo Allows the VGA Signal from One Computer to Feed Two Displays Simultaneously: - Loop-Through Output Provides Signal for Local Computer Monitor - Buffered Video Output Drives Second Data Display Device: Computer Monitor, Large Data/Presentation Monitor, LCD Panel or Projector Buffered Output Has Increased Video Gain - Will Drive up to 100' of High Resolution Coaxial Cable 100 MHz Video Bandwidth 15-Pin HD Input and Output Connectors Durable Metal Case Enclosure The IN2060 is a dedicated VGA distribution amplifier designed to split the VGA signal from a single computer video card between a local monitor and a second display device. Wide Compatibility- The IN2060 operates with analog video signals from a wide variety of IBM and compatible PC computer video formats including VGA, SVGA, XGA, XGA2 and 8514A. Input signals to the IN2060 must be in the RGBHV format and provided on a 15-Pin HD female connector. Local Monitor Output - a passive loop-through output feeds video signal to the local computer monitor. When the IN2060 is used without a local monitor, an IN9031 15-Pin HD Male VGA Termination Plug (included) must be used to provide the correct 75 Ohm termination. B...

IBM PS/2 76 486 Computer "Good" auction (Toronto area)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2786959396 Feb-17-04 14:44:22 PST Markham, ON Bermuda based 76. See the SCSI port. Looks to be a security cable attatchment point on the back. See, Virginia, they really DO exist! -- Reply to me at louis little punctuation mark ohland with the same ISP > Bermuda based 76. See the SCSI port. Looks to be a security cable > attatchment point on the back. See, Virginia, they really DO exist! Looks like a standard eye-bolt put thru one of the security cable holes. --Phil ...

Still looking for an IBM PS/2 "Host Connect" 122-key keyboard
Hello All, Should have a PS/2-style connector & was intended for the later series (35, 40, 56, 57, 76, 77) PS/2s using terminal emulation boards. If not getting the real thing, a better picture than what I currently have could be used too. I'm thinking of an IBM keyboard documentation page (a little different from what Louis has, mainly showing identifying marks for the various PC (including 3270, PC jr, Convertible, & Portable models), XT, AT, & PS/2 keyboards out there. David Put my name in front of my domain David L. Be...

Auction: AN "IBM", PS/2, MODEL L 40 SX, DESKTOP COMPUTER !!!
!!! indeed...seem to be a lot of these turning up lately. http://search.ebay.com/270103804480 Starting bid of $9.99. No PSU, looks to be in decent condition with only one port door missing from the back. Ship to the US and Canada. Ends Apr-01-07 21:17:03 PDT. Located in Endicott, NY. No PayPal and checks take 1 week to clear. No affiliation. William ...

Auction: IBM PS/2 TV Watch TV On Computer while using it "PIP"
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160169080235 Starting bid: US $9.77 End time: Oct-22-07 11:13:32 PDT (5 days 21 hours) Ships to: United States Item location: Cocoa, Florida, United States # IBM PS/2 TV Machine Type: 2460 .... We do not have the IBM PS/2 Computer so could only power the unit up- it appears to be fully functional and we are offering it complete with the power supply and will ship in the original box! No affiliation -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com ...

"cat <> file" and "echo "ddd" >&2 2>&1" questions
Hi All 1. what is "cat <> file" means? is that means read line ,echo to stdout ,and write back to file? but I think command should be "cat <>> file" which fails. 2. $echo "ddd" >&2 2>&1 ddd $echo "ddd" 2>&1 >&2 ddd $ which "fd" be used on earth? Is there any way to display what fd be used? like : $echo "ddd" 1:ddd thanks On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 20:56:32 +0800, Key9 wrote: > Hi All > > 1. > what is "cat <> file" means? > is that means read line ,echo to st...

"""""""""ADD ME""""""""""

IBM PS/2 Model M5-1 "Clicky" Keyboard w/Trackball Auction (not associated with seller)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5790946983 This person is selling these things BRAND NEW (Buy It Now) for $9.99 + $10 shipping. This is the Model M that has the trackball above the arrow keys. Date of Mfg on backs are 1993. I know I'd like to have one of these babies (I just got one), sure some of you would also...if you don't already. :) He's got nearly 50 left. --Daniel Notice: These are PayPal *only*...never mind that the listing says: "Seller's payment instructions Buyer must contact us within 2 days of auction closing ...

How to redirect "out" and "o" files to another directory?
Hi folks, when i compile my code in tornado , i am getting "o" and "out" files ( say within "/PPC604gnu/"). I want to copy "out" files automatically to some other directory after compilation of my code. If possible where i have to change ? ..Raja In your Tornado project, under properties of the build, look for the MACRO called POST_BUILD_RULE. Put in a line to copy the files. The make file will run that line in the shell after the build completes. LC ...

a = [ "1", "2", "3" ] v/s a = new Array ( "1", "2", "3" ) identical in all ways?
Do these result in identical objects? a = [ "1", "2", "3" ] a = new Array ( "1", "2", "3" ) On Aug 25, 1:30=A0pm, okey wrote: > Do these result in identical objects? > > a =3D [ "1", "2", "3" ] > a =3D new Array ( "1", "2", "3" ) Yes, but:- a =3D [ 2 ]; a =3D new Array( 2 ); - do not. Richard. okey wrote: > Do these result in identical objects? > > a = [ "1", "2", "3" ] > a = new Array ( "1", "2"...

Auctions (2): Three IBM PS2 Graphics Adapters 8514/A *AND* IBM MicroChannel 4869 External 5-1/4" Disk Drive (360K)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270123874305 Starting bid: US $0.99 End time: May-31-07 16:43:43 PDT (6 days 3 hours) Ships to: United States Item location: Surprise, Arizona, United States IBM PS/2 MicroChannel CAD Workstation Graphics Cards Model 8514/A listing is for a quantity of three shipped for a single price Also by same seller : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270123854097 Starting bid: US $0.99 End time: May-31-07 15:51:52 PDT (6 days 3 hours) Includes the drive sled, the MCA adapter card and ribbon cables for inside the box (as shown in the picture). No affiliation PS William, WCT is mentioned in both auctions. -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com ...

Hello Partners, Please find the requirement below. Please send the updated resume along with rate and contact no. REQ#1: Title : Java Developer ( Rating Project) Duration : 6 months Rate : open Location : NY strong java, WebLogic 9.2, Web Services, Oracle REQ#2: Title : Java Developer Duration : 4 months Rate : open Location : NY Strong java, SQL REQ#3: Title : VB.Net Consultant Location : NY Duration : 4 months Rate : open Primarily looking at someone who has Excel, VB.net and Oracle (good to have). Req #4: Title : Java Developer (MSA Project) Duration : 6+ months Rate : open Location : NY Note : Please send your updated resume along with contact no karthik@bhaninfo.com : No phone calls please. Thanks & Regards Karthik BhanInfo karthik@bhaninfo.com ...

"my" and "our"

"/a" is not "/a" ?

"or" and "and"

why "::", not "."

"out" and "in out"

about "++" and "--"

Non-IBM alternative to "IBM Access Connections" ?
I'm looking for an application (or heck, even a cheap registry patch!) that will allow a laptop to switch between wired and wireless connections automatically, preferring wired Ethernet of course. I know that IBM Access Connections is such an application that does it for IBM/Lenovo Thinkpad's, but I'm looking for something more generic for use on any laptop with Windows XP. Does such an animal exist? -Rob XP should already be able to do this automatically. Go to the Network Connections folder. Select 'Advanced' from the menu bar, 'Advanced Settings'. The &...

"If then; if then;" and "If then; if;"

Web resources about - Another "IBM PS/2 Files" Mirror - comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware