Auction: IBM 5360 Mainframe and IBM 5225 Printer

 >http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-5360-Mainframe-and-IBM-5225-Printer_W0QQitemZ130041937602QQihZ003QQcategoryZ162QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem<
End time:	Nov-04-06 10:44:14 PST

Hutchinson, Kansas

Folks, we are not in Kansas anymore... Has a pile of manuels, 3
monitors, three keyboards.
0
Louis

Louis Ohland wrote:
> Folks, we are not in Kansas anymore... Has a pile of manuels, 3
> monitors, three keyboards.

As you would expect, each keyboard mates with one of the 5251 displays.
  It's easy to tell which display was the system console (the badly
burned-in one on top) and which was the primary application console (the
pretty badly burned-in one on the bottom).  The one in the middle that
has no visible burn-in probably saw very little use.  I don't think that
the value of the system will improve very much in another 10 to 20 years
like the seller hopes, but everyone is entitled to dream.

If anyone was interested in a set of S/36 manuals, this auction looks
like a good bet, you might get a complete set and a few spares.  A small
bid will probably win, then you have the seller ship you all of the
manuals via Media Mail, and then the seller could do as he liked with
the "heavy metal" (of course, you'd have to make sure that the seller
would go along with this scheme in advance).

Rick Ekblaw
0
Rick
10/30/2006 12:54:44 AM
"Louis Ohland" <ohland@charter.net> schreef in bericht
> >http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-5360-Mainframe-and-IBM-5225-Printer_W0QQitemZ130041937602QQihZ003QQcategoryZ162QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem<
> End time: Nov-04-06 10:44:14 PST
>
> Hutchinson, Kansas
>
> Folks, we are not in Kansas anymore... Has a pile of manuels, 3 monitors,
> three keyboards.

Sure beats "my" auction by a mile!
A complete setup _and_ very likely in working order _and_ a more than
complete set of manuals for lot less than $1200,-

I'm glad the seller will store the whole kit and caboodle if it doesn't
sell. I don't think it will bring him much, but it is good to see and keep
together a complete setup like this.

--
Jelte

0
JWR

[auction US] IBM MICROCHANNEL 1200-2400BPS MODEM FOR IBM PS2 SYSTEMS
Beware! The seller doesn't seem to care much about which card you'll be getting! >http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120086889786&ss PageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=002< Regards, Alvin. ...

Auctions (2): Three IBM PS2 Graphics Adapters 8514/A *AND* IBM MicroChannel 4869 External 5-1/4" Disk Drive (360K)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270123874305 Starting bid: US $0.99 End time: May-31-07 16:43:43 PDT (6 days 3 hours) Ships to: United States Item location: Surprise, Arizona, United States IBM PS/2 MicroChannel CAD Workstation Graphics Cards Model 8514/A listing is for a quantity of three shipped for a single price Also by same seller : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270123854097 Starting bid: US $0.99 End time: May-31-07 15:51:52 PDT (6 days 3 hours) Includes the drive sled, the MCA adapter card and ribbon cables for inside the box (as shown in the picture). No affiliation PS William, WCT is mentioned in both auctions. -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com ...

WTT: 32MB SIMMs
I have (6) sticks of SiliconMountain Memory (Parity, Gold leads, 70ns), product # SMM4342-9661. These SIMMs are supposed to be equivalent to IBM 92G7205. This memory works fine in my PC 750 MCA/PCI (6886) under Win98. But it does NOT work reliability under Windows NT 3.51 (My current OS). I would like to trade 192MB of SiliconMountain Memory for (2) sticks of IBM 92G7205 SIMMs. Please contact me via email at gorenbergh @ mags . net. Thanks, Steve (eTh1nk) ...

Auction: IBM 10G7103 IBM 486SLC2 PROCESSOR UPGRADE 52g7796
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-10G7103-IBM-486SLC2-PROCESSOR-UPGRADE-52g7796_W0QQitemZ110055571391QQihZ001QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< End time: Nov-20-06 12:53:39 PST ...

Huge 1988 Mainframe Hard Drive!! (IBM 9332, IBM AS/400) MainFrame Build Project video Part 1 :o)
Hi all, Just to let you know that I've just put up a video on my YouTube channel ab= out a 1988 IBM 9332 400GB mainframe hard drive that I've aquired for the pr= oject I'm just starting to put together my own IBM AS/400 mainframe in the = livingroom (yes, I'm completely insane). Please enjoy the video and leave behind any helpful comments. Also, if any= body has any technical data on the IBM 9332 or the IBM AS/400 or even any p= arts they can donate/sell at a reasonable cost, that would be much apprecia= ted :o) Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DfQZrNJKcgO...

Auction: IBM touch screen system /Complete system all IBM
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-touch-screen-system-Complete-system-all-IBM_W0QQitemZ8764562140QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< Ends Feb-17-06 15:11:28 PST http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8764562140 What is that wire going into the keyboard between CTRL and =E2=86=90 ? Touch screens are neat. I used them when I worked on the PLATO Computer Aided Instruction system for the University of Illinois, Chicago Medical Center. I wonder what ever became of Plato? Dan Dan-the K wrote: > What is that wire going into the keyboard between CTRL and =E2=86=90 ? Dan, I enlarged the system photo to 400%, and all I can see between the right Ctrl key and the left arrow key is the normal plastic keyboard case -- no wire (maybe my eyes are getting too old). Now, at the bottom of the keyboard between the right arrow key and the keypad 0 is the system end of the keyboard cable -- but that's just resting against the bottom edge of the keyboard case. > Touch screens are neat. I used them when I worked on the PLATO > Computer Aided Instruction system for the University of Illinois, > Chicago Medical Center. It's a small world -- I once owned the rx/uia/cerl account (for the non-PLATO folks, uia meant "University of Illinois Author", and CERL was the Computer-based Education Research Laboratory). And if I said, "Bring on the Soul Snarf!", would you know what I was referencing? > I w...

Auction: IBM 10G7103 IBM 486SLC2 PROCESSOR UPGRADE 52g7796 #2
<http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-10G7103-IBM-486SLC2-PROCESSOR-UPGRADE-52g7796_W0QQitemZ110061976996QQihZ001QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> BIN ...

Auction: IBM Video Capture Adapter / A for IBM Personal System/2
BIN 9.99 12 available $10 shipping >http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-Video-Capture-Adapter-A-for-IBM-Personal-System-2_W0QQitemZ5166911589QQcategoryZ3761QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< -- Reply to ohland@charter.net Can someone forward one to me in France please ? I don't want to do an expensive wire transfer to get one. Thanks Nicolas ...

Auction: Vintage IBM cards XGA Network other retro classic IBM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140118395909 Starting bid AU $9.90 End time: 25-May-07 12:21:09 AEST (8 days 5 hours) Posts to: Worldwide Item location: Melbourne, Australia Up for sale are 3 x vintage IBM expansion cards, these have been in storage for over 10 years in anti static bags, I have been told were in working conditions but am unable to test. They look in great condition the specs (as written on the cards are): XGA-2 FRU NO. 87F4774 IA/A (MADE IN UK) 45F3367 MADGE SMART 16/4 RINGNODE No affiliation -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com ...

Smoke a bowl Auction: IBM 33F8354 IBM 8590 BATTERY (CR2032)
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-33F8354-IBM-8590-BATTERY-CR2032_W0QQitemZ8776722082QQcategoryZ162QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< This is awesome! If there is a strong market for these, I'm running down and buy crates of CR2032s. IT Equipment Xpress Louis Ohland wrote: > >http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-33F8354-IBM-8590-BATTERY-CR2032_W0QQitemZ8776722082QQcategoryZ162QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< > > This is awesome! If there is a strong market for these, I'm running down > and buy crates of CR2032s. > > IT Equipment Xpress Not only that, but they want $15 just to ship it! --Daniel On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 19:40:10 UTC, Daniel Hamilton <bitslasher_nospam_@gmail.com> wrote: > Louis Ohland wrote: > > >http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-33F8354-IBM-8590-BATTERY-CR2032_W0QQitemZ8776722082QQcategoryZ162QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< > > > > This is awesome! If there is a strong market for these, I'm running down > > and buy crates of CR2032s. > > > > IT Equipment Xpress > > Not only that, but they want $15 just to ship it! Even more to ship to Europe! Looks like they have to charter a plane.. -- Bob Eager rde at tavi.co.uk PC Server 325; PS/2s 8595*3, 9595*3 (2*P60 + P90), 8535, 8570, 9556*2, 8580*6, 8557*2, 8550, 9577, 8530, P70, PC/AT.. http://www.tavi.co.uk http://www.ardent-tool.org.uk  This one time, I'd cut IT Eq...

IBM
hi, could u info if IBM viavoice speech recognition is still available for free download. If not what are my options (Indian with regional lingo also good) for free download of the afore via-voice software varios zenacosta@gmail.com wrote: > could u info if IBM viavoice speech recognition is still available for > free download. Never (to my knowledge) was it legally available for free download. It's currently distributed by Nuance. -- Hubert Cr�py ...

IBM
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/06/business/06layoffs.html?ref=business ...

ibm
I'm Matthew Win Tibbals, pedophile. http://www.matthewtibbals.com ...

IBM
It frightens me that IBM is pushing for more Linux. They have gone to the point of releasing some of their software patents to help spark the growth of Linux. I for one shudder at the fact that some day companies like IBM may make a power play for the control of Linux software development. It will not be in ownership rights, because of the GPL. However, if the corporations of the world start "needing" open source, they will try to control and steer its development by offering large "donations" to get what they are depending on. If open source developers accept these &qu...

IBM
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/06/business/06layoffs.html?ref=business On Mar 6, 10:46=A0am, ibm.su...@ibm.com wrote: > http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/06/business/06layoffs.html?ref=3Dbusiness And this surprises you how? Look, there are a couple of things at play here... First, in S&D, there have been a lot of acquisitions and when you assume a company, you assume their sales force. So you have some overlap. You also have a constant churn in the field reps as you remove weaker workers. Of course the inept management stays put. ;-) I can say more about S&D, but do you really want a lecture on the economies of running an IT Software company? ;-) The point is while I know a lot of people in the S&D ranks who got whacked, I'm not shocked by it. The other cuts? Now that's a different story... With respect to the other RIFs, you have a serious issue where IBM is displacing the work from higher labor cost countries to lower cost workforces. How can you say that there isn't 'job shifting' when you get a person who does job X in the US and is replaced by someone doing job X in another country like India and Brazil? A few years ago, IBM moved a lot of their back office work to Brazil. Very painful in terms of getting things done. Not really noticed by the customer and the S&D team just lumped it and worked around the issues. IBM? They saved money, increasing their profitability at the expense of their ability to...

IBM URLs (http://www.ibm.com/ vs. http://www-306.ibm.com/)
Hi everyone, one general thing to note when quoting IBM URLs like the following: > Check out http://www-306.ibm.com/software/data/informix/ids/support/ ^^^^ |||| please leave out the "-###" part of the URL and instead quote it like this: http://www.ibm.com/software/data/informix/ids/support/ The "-###" means that the page is provided by a particular host, to which an original HTTP request without such a "-###" has been routed automatically. Usually, the routing will be stable, i.e. a URL with "-###" will normally work. However, if that particular machine is down, then a URL with the "-###" may not work. But a URL without "-###" will still work, because the request will then be routed to a different machine. Therefore at best leave out that "-###" when quoting such URLs. Otherwise, if such a URL one day does not work, remember that you can take away the "-###" part and it then should work. This is a general note, not to pick on any individual e-mail contributor ... only this e-mail was a good example. Besides, there are many people within IBM who don't understand the concept behind this and therefore often just do cut&paste of such URLs into documents, presentations, etc. But since this is a technical audience, I thought it may well worth it to (try t...

Auction: IBM 4216 Personal Page Printer II Hardware Maint. & Ser
http://search.ebay.com/350095652586 BIN This is for the -030/031 models, which are not the -020 used with the 4216 Pageprinter Adapter/A. ...

Auction: Vintage IBM PS2 PC Hardware Maintenance Manual Models 25
<http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-IBM-PS2-PC-Hardware-Maintenance-Manual_W0QQitemZ270078671271QQihZ017QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> End time: Jan-18-07 17:11:07 PST These are good for quick service to the systems. I am electric, electric eye... ...

Auc-tion: IBM MICROCHANNEL 1200-2400BPS MODEM FOR IBM PS2 SYSTEMS
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120064993053 End time: Dec-21-06 00:32:30 PST (4 days 11 hours) Ships to: Worldwide Item location: BERTONE MOTORS, CINCINNATI, OHIO, United States No affiliation "picture may not be actual item exactly; but is of and will be a PS2 microchannel modem; picture may not be exact card, I have several to sell and they are not the same, specs are within that stated" -- Jelte ...

Auction: IBM Video Capture Adapter / A for IBM Personal System/2 #2
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-Video-Capture-Adapter-A-for-IBM-Personal-System-2_W0QQitemZ5166911589QQcategoryZ3761QQcmdZViewItem< BIN Sealed in box, includes cables. 13 available. ...

IBM Circuit Board (Processing Unit) auction New Hypertech with IBM chip?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3039915213 Aug-13-03 19:31:51 PDT Visa/MasterCard, American Express, Discover Positive feedback: 88.3% Looks to be a 386 to 486 upgrade, a bit odd, see the IBM branded ckip in the upper left. Also, there are some empty PLCC sockets, I dunno if they are unneeded, or if it was stripped. Almost screams Hypertech. Louis Ohland wrote: > > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3039915213 > Also, there are some empty PLCC sockets Not really sure, in Photoshop, they look to be filled. Bad im...

Auction: 7 CASES OF IBM SCSI CABLE IBM MES BM:34L7054
<http://cgi.ebay.com/7-CASES-OF-IBM-SCSI-CABLE-IBM-MES-BM-34L7054_W0QQitemZ330055601649QQihZ014QQcategoryZ64047QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> BIN IBM SCSI Computer Cable Mes BM:34L7054. 7 cases, 1 cable in each case, each cable approx 100 ft. > IBM SCSI Computer Cable Mes BM:34L7054. 7 cases, 1 cable in each case, > each cable approx 100 ft. I am curious about this. I have been using SCSI since 1989, and I have never know a SCSI standard to reach 100ft. ISTR 2-3 meters was max length of SCSI-I, SCSI-II varied 7 to 12 meeters, and later SCSI lengths were shorter due to the higher speeds of data transmission. Can anyone comment on this? I tend to believe the auction is really for a loooooong parallel printer cable. exwisdem I googled 34L7054, but most of the hits were from that auction or seller. Less than 20 hits. Louis Ohland wrote: > <http://cgi.ebay.com/7-CASES-OF-IBM-SCSI-CABLE-IBM-MES-BM-34L7054_W0QQitemZ330055601649QQihZ014QQcategoryZ64047QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> > > BIN > > IBM SCSI Computer Cable Mes BM:34L7054. 7 cases, 1 cable in each case, > each cable approx 100 ft. Hi David, "exwisdem" <daress@donet.com> schreef in bericht news:1168023195.513496.68090@42g2000cwt.googlegroups.com... > >> IBM SCSI Computer Cable Mes BM:34L7054. 7 cases, 1 cable in each case, >> each cable approx 100 ft. > > I am curious about this. I have been using SCSI since 1989, an...

Auction: IBM 80/120MB INTERNAL TAPE DRIVE 30F5167 ORIGINAL IBM
http://search.ebay.com/180167746789 BIN Quantity: 8 available ...

IBM 11H3600 GENUINE IBM SCSI-2 ADAPTER FAST/WIDE auction
Comes with F/W cable from a 7013-590 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3040508190 Aug-17-03 12:00:16 PDT Louis Ohland schrieb: > > Comes with F/W cable from a 7013-590 > > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3040508190 > Aug-17-03 12:00:16 PDT worth alone for the cabling. unlukily he ships inside Canada only. )o: has some more nice items as well. Gereon ...

Web resources about - Auction: IBM 5360 Mainframe and IBM 5225 Printer - comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware

Mainframe computer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
) are computers used primarily by corporate and governmental organizations for critical applications, bulk data processing such as census , industry ...

IBM's New z13 Mainframe Designed to Handle Billions of Transactions for the Mobile Economy - Flickr ...
At IBM's manufacturing facility in Poughkeepsie, NY, software developer Moses Vaughan tests a mobile app that is running on IBM's new z13 mainframe, ...

The Raised Floor - IBM Mainframe Computer Ops in the 1980s - YouTube
A photo album documenting the roles of, and equipment run by printer operators, console operators, tape librarians and IMS MTOs working with ...

IBM: The PC is the new mainframe - Apple, Configuration / maintenance, Data Center, hardware systems ...
"The PC is dead!" We've heard that message a lot since the birth of Apple's iPad, but when one of the creators of IBM's first PC added his voice ...

Who says the mainframe is dead?
Who says the mainframe is dead?

The IBM mainframe: Golden oldie or modern marvel?
While dissenters continue to challenge the validity of the mainframe, the technology keeps on proving its worth.

Mammoth mainframe computers far from extinct
Mammoth mainframe computers far from extinct

Nissan Leaf gives mainframe a new M2M kick along
Nissan is revisiting an old technology to cater for a brand new one.

IBM: Insane in the Mainframe …
The mainframe business may be slowly dying off, but it’s nowhere near dead yet. Even as the enterprise market’s affinity for less-expensive ...

50 years ago, IBM created mainframe that helped send men to the Moon
An IBM System/360. IBM 50 years ago today, IBM unveiled the System/360 mainframe, a groundbreaking computer that allowed new levels of compatibility ...