Auction: IBM Microchannel model 5055 collectors piece

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270281407944

Starting bid: US $30.00
End time: 1 hours 48 mins (Oct-02-08 15:50:16 PDT)
Ships to: United States
Item location: Auburn, NY, United States

IBM machine type 5055-031 with a 30 MB hard drive working floppy drive and
modem. Early michrochannel 286 original listed by IBM for over Three
thousand dollars($3400). Beautiful collectors piece. In working condition
just needs a battery. Boots into basic without reference diskette. Reference
diskette included if requested. Clean and in very good cosmetic condition.

No affiliation

--
Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki

0
JWR

On Oct 2, 5:02 pm, "JWR" <you.want.my.addr...@ask.for.it> wrote:

> IBM machine type 5055-031 with a 30 MB hard drive working floppy drive and
> modem. Early michrochannel 286 original listed by IBM for over Three
> thousand dollars($3400).

5055, 8550 -- what's a few digits between strangers?  That's a
different spelling for "microchannel", too, not one that I can recall
seeing before.  Still, this listing is nowhere near as comical as the
$230 "Buy It Now" price for the 5150 system another seller is flogging
(see eBay item number 260292285662 if you want a good giggle).

Rick Ekblaw
0
RickE
10/3/2008 12:28:21 AM
"RickE" <ekblaw@vnet.ibm.com> schreef in bericht
> (see eBay item number 260292285662 if you want a good giggle).

Hi Rick,

Good giggle, indeed.

One 5.25" drive and a big hole and yet :
"the monitor went to the start screen with c-prompt"
Must have an IBM Microdrive installed somewhere . .

About two years ago I bought a 5160 with 10MB HDD and monitor for 1 Euro.
Must be worth $ 450,- now.
Anyone?