Auction: IBM PS/2 L40 SX

Seller claims it has a cracked screen. I couldn't tell from the
picture. Located in Fort McMurray, AB, Canada...ships to the US and
Canada. Starting bid of $2.99, shipping $27 to USA.

Hurry...you've got about a half hour if you're interested:
http://search.ebay.com/160152047702

No affiliation.

William

0
wm_walsh

> Hurry...you've got about a half hour if you're interested:

Relisted, same time, same channel. 23 hours left...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160152380385

William

0
William
8/29/2007 5:41:16 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=290154845006&s
sPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=019
Accessories for IBM ThinkPad 701C, 3 Batteries & More

Is anyone on this list already bidding on this lot?  If not I plan on
bidding on it for the AC adapter, floppy and port replicator, all of
which are missing on the 701c I just received.

Mark

--
From the eComStation of Mark Dodel

http://www.warpstock.eu
0
Mark
8/29/2007 8:31:55 PM
On Aug 29, 1:31 pm, "Mark Dodel" <madodelNOS...@ptd.net> wrote:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=290154845006&s
> sPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=019
> Accessories for IBM ThinkPad 701C, 3 Batteries & More
>
> Is anyone on this list already bidding on this lot?  If not I plan on
> bidding on it for the AC adapter, floppy and port replicator, all of
> which are missing on the 701c I just received.
>
> Mark
>
> --
> From the eComStation of Mark Dodel
>
>  Warpstock 2007 - Toronto, Ontario, Canada:http://www.warpstock.org
>  Warpstock Europe - Valkenswaard close to Eindhoven, the Netherlands:http://www.warpstock.eu

Hi Mark....

I would jump on those right away if I were you....they don't show up
very often.  I just now put my 701c on the workbench and am sprucing
it up...I have all those accoutrements.

If you decide to part with one of the batteries (good or not) please
let me know as I would like to attempt a buildup of a spare.

CT

0
Tim
8/29/2007 9:09:24 PM
On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 21:09:24 UTC,  "Tim Knight/CT"
<msgtknight@gmail.com> wrote:

-> On Aug 29, 1:31 pm, "Mark Dodel" <madodelNOS...@ptd.net> wrote:
-> > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=290154845006&s
-> > sPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=019
-> > Accessories for IBM ThinkPad 701C, 3 Batteries & More
-> >
-> > Is anyone on this list already bidding on this lot?  If not I plan on
-> > bidding on it for the AC adapter, floppy and port replicator, all of
-> > which are missing on the 701c I just received.
-> >
-> > Mark
-> >
-> > --
-> > From the eComStation of Mark Dodel
-> >
-> >  Warpstock 2007 - Toronto, Ontario, Canada:http://www.warpstock.org
-> >  Warpstock Europe - Valkenswaard close to Eindhoven, the Netherlands:http://www.warpstock.eu
->
-> Hi Mark....
->
-> I would jump on those right away if I were you....they don't show up
-> very often.  I just now put my 701c on the workbench and am sprucing
-> it up...I have all those accoutrements.
->
-> If you decide to part with one of the batteries (good or not) please
-> let me know as I would like to attempt a buildup of a spare.

Sorry but a couple of guys got into a sniping battle seconds before
the end and stole it from me. I couldn't justify paying almost $80 for
stuff for a 701c I wasn't even sure would even work.  There actually
is a battery in the 701c I have, but it has some powder on it so it is
starting to leak.  Would you want that?  I've pulled it out so it
doesn't damage the 701c any further.  Any ideas on how to clean the
powder out of the battery bay?  It doesn't appear to be a lot.

Looking at AC adapters, I see some that claim to work with the 701c as
well as other TPs including my T42p, so I tried the AC adapter from my
T42p.  The 701c boots to IBM Antivirus, but has horrible horizontal
scrolling, so its difficult to read the screen.  Seems opening the lid
and holding the edge of the screen with a small amount of force
corrects it.  As soon as I let go it starts scrolling again.  Looks
like I got screwed on this eBay purchase as well unless there is some
kind of easy fix.  Anyone have any ideas on this?  Is it difficult to
remove the display from a 701c and fix any damaged or loose
connections?

Mark

--
From the eComStation of Mark Dodel

http://www.warpstock.eu
0
Mark
9/3/2007 2:20:05 AM
In article <cLdq6jdb1N4Q-pn2-t0BqViMhGEYU@localhost>,
"Mark Dodel" <madodelNOSPAM@ptd.net> wrote:

>              ...                     Any ideas on how to clean the
>powder out of the battery bay?  It doesn't appear to be a lot.

Water and a toothbrush. The stuff that leaks out of both ordinary
(alkaline) batteries and NiCd / NiMH batteries dissolves in water.

--
Don Hills    (dmhills at attglobaldotnet)     Wellington, New Zealand
 preparing you for the wonders of OS/2!"
Mark Dodel wrote:
> doesn't damage the 701c any further.  Any ideas on how to clean the
> powder out of the battery bay?  It doesn't appear to be a lot.

To follow up on Don's advice -- use a slightly dampened paper towel or
napkin first to pick up any large flakes, then use the dampened old
toothbrush to scrub out the stubborn spots, following up the the
towel/napkin to avoid making a mess.  Cleaning corroded battery contacts
is trickier -- you use a popsicle stick as a backer and *lightly* draw
over the corroded spots with fine emory cloth.  Take your time, it's
*very* easy to destroy the contacts (the voice of experience speaks).

> kind of easy fix.  Anyone have any ideas on this?  Is it difficult to
> remove the display from a 701c and fix any damaged or loose
> connections?

Removing the display is not too difficult, follow the directions in the
Thinkpad Hardware Maintenance Manual, Volume 2
(http://downloads.thinkpad-portal.com/ThinkPad_340x_355x_360x_370x_700x_701x_720x_750x_755x/tpvol2.pdf
is one source for this book) to take apart the unit.  Loose connections
are usually easy to fix, damaged flat cables are a pain.

Rick Ekblaw
0
Rick
9/3/2007 12:55:15 PM
On Mon, 3 Sep 2007 12:55:15 UTC, Rick Ekblaw <ekblaw@vnet.ibm.com>
wrote:

-> Mark Dodel wrote:
-> > doesn't damage the 701c any further.  Any ideas on how to clean the
-> > powder out of the battery bay?  It doesn't appear to be a lot.
->
-> To follow up on Don's advice -- use a slightly dampened paper towel or
-> napkin first to pick up any large flakes, then use the dampened old
-> toothbrush to scrub out the stubborn spots, following up the the
-> towel/napkin to avoid making a mess.  Cleaning corroded battery contacts
-> is trickier -- you use a popsicle stick as a backer and *lightly* draw
-> over the corroded spots with fine emory cloth.  Take your time, it's
-> *very* easy to destroy the contacts (the voice of experience speaks).
->

Thanks for the info.  I didn't think it would be that straightforward.

-> > kind of easy fix.  Anyone have any ideas on this?  Is it difficult to
-> > remove the display from a 701c and fix any damaged or loose
-> > connections?
->
-> Removing the display is not too difficult, follow the directions in the
-> Thinkpad Hardware Maintenance Manual, Volume 2
-> (http://downloads.thinkpad-portal.com/ThinkPad_340x_355x_360x_370x_700x_701x_720x_750x_755x/tpvol2.pdf
-> is one source for this book) to take apart the unit.  Loose connections
-> are usually easy to fix, damaged flat cables are a pain.
->

I will add this to my list of things that need doing.  That and
finding another AC adapter and external floppy for it.  That looks to
be easy at least for the AC adapter as there are a lot on eBay.  It
runs fine (other then the display scrolling) without the battery, and
since this is just for a museum display, no battery is needed.

Mark

--
From the eComStation of Mark Dodel

http://www.warpstock.eu
0
Mark

Auction: IBM PS/2 L40 SX PS-2 Vintage Computer
L40SX are always interesting... http://search.ebay.com/320196297042 Starting bid of $39.95. $25.00 shipping and gouging to the US only. Located in Dallas, TX USA. Ends Dec-20-07, 15:04:25 PST (3 days, 5 five hours). Money order, cashier's check, credit card, PayPal, 14 day hold on personal checks. Item is for sale outside of eBay as well (is that allowed?) and the listing may end if it isn't bid on. No affiliation. William ...

Auction: 2 Vintage IBM PS/2 L40 SX Laptops Impress Your Friends! #2
Well, they are pretty nifty little machines and the display panel does very well in the sunlight... At least one has a battery and a missing port door (not too odd, it seems). http://search.ebay.com/160122380639 Starting bid of $9.95. Ends Jun-05-07, 18:30:00 PDT (6 days, 4 hours). Located in Harrisburg, PA. Ships to US and Canada. $25 shipping and gouging to the US. No affiliation. William ...

Auction: 2 Vintage IBM PS/2 L40 SX Laptops Impress Your Friends!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160113483538 Starting bid: US $9.95 End time: May-10-07 18:30:00 PDT (6 days 9 hours) Ships to: United States, Canada Item location: Harrisburg, PA, United States "we don't have AC adapters for these, so they're completely untested and sold as-is" Features: CPU: Unknown Hard Drive: Unknown Memory: Unknown LCD: Appear to be in very nice shape Ports (each): * PS/2 * Parallel * Serial * VGA * Some long, thin port that we think is a docking port of some sort Drives: 1.44MB Floppy Disk No affiliation -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com ...

Auction: VINTAGE IBM LAPTOP- PS/2 MODEL L40 SX
This one is in much better shape and has the power adapter with it. It also comes with an internal modem, for whatever that might be worth. http://search.ebay.com/190146742105 Ships worldwide, located in Thornton, CO USA. $9.99 starting bid, $55 (!) Buy It Now, $13 shipping to the US. Ends Aug-31-07 20:05:04 (!) 2 days, 10 hours No affiliation. William ...

Auction: Vintage IBM THINKPAD PS/2 Model L40 SX
Now we're cookin' with gas: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160086707656 Starting bid is $0.01. Looks to be missing some port doors and to have a line in the display. Power brick included. Also has four POST errors (225?, 601 (!), 162 and 161(?)). Still, who could say no for a penny? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160086707656 Ends Feb-24-07 07:01:37 PST. Ships to US or Canada, located in Muskegon, Michigan. No affiliation. William ...

Auction: Working IBM PS/2 Model L40 SX Vintage Laptop w/ Mouse
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110219189750 Starting bid: US $15.00 End time: Feb-02-08 09:13:43 PST (4 days 19 hours) Ships to: United States Item location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States You are bidding on a WORKING vintage IBM PS/2 Model L40 SX Vintage Laptop w/ Mouse. This laptop is in perfect working condition and runs DOS. There are programs and files on the computer (Quicken for example) that will be left intact. Cosmetically it's in great condition - there are no cracks, etc anywhere on the computer. No affiliation L40 with modem and funny mouse (wasn't that called a rollerball?). -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com JWR wrote: > L40 with modem and funny mouse (wasn't that called a rollerball?). The "funny mouse" was called the IBM Personal System/2 Trackpoint for Model L40 SX, and was part number 1397040 (my original box is dated Nov 10, 1992). In the auction pictures, you see it in "trackball" mode, it can also be turned over and popped into another position so that it can also be used in "mouse" mode. I think that it makes a better "trackball" than "mouse", but as a compromise design it doesn't do either mode as well as competing products that o...

Auction: Vintage IBM PS/2 L40 SX Laptop computer- works-w/games+
Looks nice and clean...all doors in place, and a battery to work with as well. Plus there's an interesting link to an L40 page I hadn't seen before. http://search.ebay.com/120127417409 Ends Jun-10-07, 20:49:05 PDT (9 days, 13 hours) Ships worldwide, located in NJ, US. No affiliation. William ...

Auction: IBM PS/2 Model L40-SX VINTAGE Laptop w/ 5800-PSP Dock
Now here's something you don't see very often (the "Portable Service Platform 1"-dock that is) : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180202407469 Starting bid: US $14.99 End time: Jan-09-08 08:04:09 PST (6 days 19 hours) Ships to: Worldwide Item location: Victor, New York, United States Powers on and the screen is active, but no text or cursor is displayed. Full working condition is unknown. Sold AS-IS. No affiliation -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com http://www.gilanet.com/ohlandl/5800/5800-PSP.html JWR wrote: > Now here's something you don't see very often (the "Portable Service > Platform 1"-dock that is) : > > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180202407469 > > Starting bid: US $14.99 > End time: Jan-09-08 08:04:09 PST (6 days 19 hours) > Ships to: Worldwide > Item location: Victor, New York, United States > > Powers on and the screen is active, but no text or cursor is displayed. Full > working condition is unknown. Sold AS-IS. > > > No affiliation > http://www.gilanet.com/ohlandl/8543/TMC-850.html Louis Ohland wrote: > http://www.gilanet.com/ohlandl/5800/5800-PSP.html > > JWR wrote: >> Now here's...

Auction: IBM PS/2 L40 SX vintage laptop w/ PCDOS 5.0
http://search.ebay.com/170411182512 Ends Nov 30, 2009 20:04:26 PST "Louis Ohland" <ohland@charter.net> schreef in bericht news:4vydna2tRfpRvJLWnZ2dnUVZ_sudnZ2d@westnet.com.au... > http://search.ebay.com/170411182512 > > Ends Nov 30, 2009 20:04:26 PST Oooohh, he's got a numeric keypad as well : "I have all the cables, the number pad, the charger and a copy of PC DOS 5.0 (***PC DOS 5.0 floppies are not going to be included they do not work*** Sorry) on floppies to go with it. It is in working condition." Ah, well, too far, too costly ...

Auction: IBM PS2 PS/2 Vintage Server Collectible sys 8595-0KF (William!! It's a xKx!!!)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270237772168 Starting bid: US $59.00 End time: May-22-08 09:23:51 PDT (6 days 19 hours) Ships to: Worldwide Item location: Holliston/Boston, MA, United States You are bidding on a IBM PS2 PS/2 Vintage Server Collectible sys 8595-0KF. This has been test and in working condition. This is not really intended to be used as a computer, rather a collectible piece of IBM history. Unit IS WORKING, and cosmetically in great shape It has a 1.44 floppy and NO Hard drive and would require very specific ones if you were to go the route. (IBM older SCSI- example 85F0011, 85F0012) Proc is a 486 DX-33 FRU 64F0198 Has Internal/Ext SCSI Controller w/ Cache FRU# 85F0063 Has 8MB of RAM Has an XGA Monitor Card and requires XGA IBM Monitors System Board we believe to be FRU 33F5717 Power Supply we believe to be 92F0051 No Keyboard or Mouse. No affiliation -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com I'm looking for a 95*85*-xKx/xNx. But you should have seen how my heart skipped a beat! Thanks for pointing it out. :-) The shipping's not too far off, so if it ends without a bidder, I will probably ask about it. William "William R. Walsh" <newsgroups1@idontwantjunqueemail.walshcomptech.com> schreef in b...

Auction: IBM PS/2E MODEL GB9 486 SX PS/2 VINTAGE
http://search.ebay.com/250642112634 Jun 06, 201014:18:45 PDT This system is NOT offered by Ardent-Blue, this notification is just that. IBM ps/2e computer. Built in 1992. Works good . Has DOS 6.22 and windows 3.1 installed. INCLUDES BIOS setup disk. 486 SX 16 MEG RAM. 327MB hard drive Measures 12 x 12 x 2.75 weighs about 10 pounds. SHIPPING TO LOWER 48 STATES ONLY!!! ...

IBM PS/2 L40 SX
Hi I placed a post on the newsgroup a while back about an IBM PS/2 L40 SX. The IBM PS/2 L40 SX I have has a very old power connector and this one did not have a power supply I have managed to charge the battery but couldn't get the thing working. I have converted an old Amiga 1200 Power supply that I had lying around, it has outputs of +12v -12v +5v and Gnd, so I connected the ground and +12v to the IBM and it powered up, but won't boot. It runs through what seems a short mem test and then beeps twice before powering off. After reading a bit it seems that in order to bo...

[...]

Auction: Vintage IBM PS/2 Model 56 SX Type: 8556 Computer #2
>http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-IBM-PS-2-Model-56-SX-Type-8556-Computer_W0QQitemZ8763178274QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< Ends Feb-14-06 18:32:36 PST Vintage IBM PS/2 Model 56 SX Type: 8556 Computer http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8763178274 End time: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 at 6:32:36 PM Pacific Standard Time Already commented before the system was relisted that it lacks RAM & has a 386SLC, 486SLC2, or 486SLC3 upgrade daughtercard. David David@IBMMuseum.com ...

Auction: Vintage IBM Personal System/2 Model 65 SX PS/2 8565
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160100369637 End time: Apr-02-07 11:42:37 PDT (5 days 21 hours) Ships to: United States Item location: Potsdam, NY, United States No affiliation Seems to have an internal 2400 modem 8565-121 -- Jelte The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com Thanks for the link, I put a bid in. Looks like it will need a DS1287 and the (DS1225?) NVRAM. At this point in time, I'm finding that less and less of these can be "revived" with use. William Hi William ! > Thanks for the link, I put a bid in. Potsdam, eh ? There's a city of the same name in Germany. Famous, if you're in history. South of Berlin. Some of my relatives live there. > Looks like it will need a DS1287 and the (DS1225?) NVRAM. 1287's can be reworked .... ;-) If still in place. No reason to pull the 1225 anyway. Interesting machine in fact. No 387SX. Tribble "patch-infested" SCSI, 2-8MB 80286 memory expansion MP-Async adapter as it seems. What's the adapter with the two 45� rotated ferrite transformers ? The resistor array packs and orange buffer caps make it look IBM-ish. PC Network adapter ? Or a Modem ? (Probably a relay towards the rear, accompanied by two TO-220-like transistors / voltage regulators) > At this > point in time, I'm findin...

[auction US] IBM PS/2 Hardware Interface Tech. Ref. Blue Book MINT #2
System Specific Info. Models 50,55SX60,65SX,70,90,95 <http://search.ebay.com/130086518753> [Ends march 11th, 2007] Louis, This seller is trying to drive you nuts by releasing his goodies bit by bit. Regards, Alvin. I'm on it. Alvin Andries wrote: > System Specific Info. Models 50,55SX60,65SX,70,90,95 > > <http://search.ebay.com/130086518753> > [Ends march 11th, 2007] > > Louis, > > This seller is trying to drive you nuts by releasing his goodies bit by bit. > > Regards, > Alvin. > > Damn it, Gerd...

Auction : Kingston SX Now SX/33LEM 286 386 IBM PS/2 Model 50Z
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140091551239 BIN price: US $135.30 Or Make Offer Post to: Worldwide Item location: Ottawa, Canada Kingston SX/33LEM RevD. Neat little upgrade module that converts a PLCC-socket 286 into a 33MHz 386sx !! Just pull out the 286 CPU and plug in this little card. The only thing that can go wrong is if you don't have room around the 286 socket for this board which is 2.25 by 2.75 inches and less than half an inch thick. These are particularly well suited for upgrading IBM PS/2 Model 50Z computers. A 387sx is not included but there is a socket if you want to add one. No affiliation -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com ...

Auction: 2 PC mice mouse 1 serial 1 PS/2 PS / 2 IBM save them! ;)
Included primarily for humor purposes. To keep it somewhat on topic, one is an IBM "soap bar" mouse. I think it's pretty funny. Quoting directly from the listing: "What you're bidding on: 2 PC Mice, cheap. All are tested and working. Save these from the dumpster." http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140076586464 Ends Jan-25-07 Starting bid $1.25, shipping $4.50. Ships to US and Canada from Fort Plain, NY. No affiliation. William ...

IBM PS/2 L40 SX (8543)
http://hpholm.dk/L40SX.html -- Reply to me at louis little punctuation mark ohland with the same ISP Hi Louis, > http://hpholm.dk/L40SX.html Too bad his "contact" page is down. Someone should let him know about Peter's SIMM modification (http://members.aol.com/mcapage0/memory07.htm) for the L40SX. I just did another pair for someone that asked Dr. Jim about it. Since getting 32Mb EOS SIMMs on my working 320/520s I have several of the 16Mb modules available for conversion. David David@gilanet.com ...

Auction: IBM PS/2 Model 80 386 OS/2 SCSI Keyboard Mouse PS/2 TV
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220111146098 Starting bid: US $10.00 End time: May-15-07 08:07:28 PDT (4 days 19 hours) Shipping costs: US $55.00 Ships to: United States Item location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States This is a working PS/2 system with everything except the VGA monitor: PS/2 8580 386 with 120MB SCSI Hard Drive and Floppy Disk, 12MB RAM) IBM Model M keyboard (which is new) and mouse (original) IBM PS/2 TV Unit with power supply. A rare option, allows for viewing and tuning TV PIP on the desktop. OS/2 is installed on the machine (and works). Also includes an unopened copy of OS/2 Warp. No affiliation -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com ...

IBM PS/2 Hardware Maintenance Ref Manuals auction
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2788469139 Feb-23-04 15:11:03 PST -- Reply to me at louis little punctuation mark ohland with the same ISP Thank you Louis........ CT the Bookworm ...

Auction: IBM PS/2 Model 70 386 Desktop/Monitor / Orig IBM Disks+
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-PS-2-Model-70-386-Desktop-Monitor-Orig-IBM-Disks_W0QQitemZ320001240757QQihZ011QQcategoryZ4193QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< End time: Jul-02-06 09:15:29 PDT IBM PS/2 Model 70 Desktop (Type 8570) with IBM VGA Monitor (Type 8513001) Specifications: * CPU: Intel 80386 16 MHz * Internal memory: 1 MB * Hard-drive: 60 MB * Floppy drive: 1.44 MB * Expansion slots: 3-MC (Micro Channel) Louis Ohland wrote: > >http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-PS-2-Model-70-386-Desktop-Monitor-Orig-IBM-Disks_W0QQitemZ320001240757QQihZ011QQcate...

Web resources about - Auction: IBM PS/2 L40 SX - comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware