Auction: IBM PS/2 Model 70 with External Optical Drive and OS/2

It looks like time forgot about this one. Seller says it hasn't run in
~12 years, but look at all the stuff that comes with it!

http://search.ebay.com/250220637456

Starting bid of $20.00, shipping ~$37.30 to the US only and by way of
UPS Ground service. Located in North Tonawanda (now that's a name for
a town!), NY USA.

Ends Mar-06-2008, 06:45:20 PST (6 days, 22 hours).

No affiliation.

Disclaimer: I have enough Model 70s, but I am somewhat seriously
considering throwing my hat in the ring for this one. The only thing
putting me off is the shipping, not that it's unreasonable...

What is (or was?) a PC on the Highway?

William
0
wm_walsh

A memory card, perhaps a Kingston.

Looks to be a late Spock, notice the yellow resistor network by the slot
bracket? My guess was the Spock is a late add-on to support the MO disk.
(duh!)

wm_walsh@hotmail.com wrote:
> It looks like time forgot about this one. Seller says it hasn't run in
> ~12 years, but look at all the stuff that comes with it!
>
> http://search.ebay.com/250220637456
>
> Starting bid of $20.00, shipping ~$37.30 to the US only and by way of
> UPS Ground service. Located in North Tonawanda (now that's a name for
> a town!), NY USA.
>
> Ends Mar-06-2008, 06:45:20 PST (6 days, 22 hours).
>
> No affiliation.
>
> Disclaimer: I have enough Model 70s, but I am somewhat seriously
> considering throwing my hat in the ring for this one. The only thing
> putting me off is the shipping, not that it's unreasonable...
>
> What is (or was?) a PC on the Highway?
>
> William
0
Louis