f



Auction: IBM PS/2 model 80, 386 type 8580-A31

Feb 02, 2013 20:55:18 PST
Or a BIN.
Wichita, Kansas

A bit spendy, BUT this is an Axx system. I have no room at all.

Hmm, a 8580-A31 is a 386DX25 comouter. Earlier models were either 16MHz 
or 20MHz. I see an XGA video card, an IBM SCSI Adapter/A, an HP card, 
possibly a SCSI scanner controller, a possible serial / lpt card, and 
down at the bottom appears to be an early AOX McMaster 486 upgrade 
adapter, sans memory. The 211 error is memory. If you look right below 
the power plug going into the planar, both white sockets are empty.

Files are freely available for the 8580-Axx and the McMaster.

The planar memory cards are available in people's stashes. The Axx could 
take the 4MB size, and was a good system.

The drive support structure could take an IBM dual drive sled OR it 
could accept an HD mounted in one of the Model 57/77/95 drive sleds. Or 
you can even use a 5 1/2 to 3.5" drive adapter and put AT drive rails 
(like those used on CD Rom drives)
0
Louis
1/27/2013 10:01:04 PM
comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware 10363 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

2 Replies
719 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 27

I'd like to give a look ... what's the auction number ? Couldn't be able
to find it...



-- 
http://www.supervinx.com/Retrocomputer
0
supervinx
1/27/2013 10:46:25 PM
http://search.ebay.com/281056871530

On 1/27/2013 16:01, Louis Ohland wrote:
> Feb 02, 2013 20:55:18 PST
> Or a BIN.
> Wichita, Kansas
>
> A bit spendy, BUT this is an Axx system. I have no room at all.
>
> Hmm, a 8580-A31 is a 386DX25 comouter. Earlier models were either 16MHz
> or 20MHz. I see an XGA video card, an IBM SCSI Adapter/A, an HP card,
> possibly a SCSI scanner controller, a possible serial / lpt card, and
> down at the bottom appears to be an early AOX McMaster 486 upgrade
> adapter, sans memory. The 211 error is memory. If you look right below
> the power plug going into the planar, both white sockets are empty.
>
> Files are freely available for the 8580-Axx and the McMaster.
>
> The planar memory cards are available in people's stashes. The Axx could
> take the 4MB size, and was a good system.
>
> The drive support structure could take an IBM dual drive sled OR it
> could accept an HD mounted in one of the Model 57/77/95 drive sleds. Or
> you can even use a 5 1/2 to 3.5" drive adapter and put AT drive rails
> (like those used on CD Rom drives)

0
Louis
1/28/2013 2:28:37 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Auction: IBM PS/2 Model 80 386 OS/2 SCSI Keyboard Mouse PS/2 TV
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220111146098 Starting bid: US $10.00 End time: May-15-07 08:07:28 PDT (4 days 19 hours) Shipping costs: US $55.00 Ships to: United States Item location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States This is a working PS/2 system with everything except the VGA monitor: PS/2 8580 386 with 120MB SCSI Hard Drive and Floppy Disk, 12MB RAM) IBM Model M keyboard (which is new) and mouse (original) IBM PS/2 TV Unit with power supply. A rare option, allows for viewing and tuning TV PIP on the desktop. OS/2 is installed on the machine (and work...

Auction: IBM PS/2 Model 70 386 Desktop/Monitor / Orig IBM Disks+
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-PS-2-Model-70-386-Desktop-Monitor-Orig-IBM-Disks_W0QQitemZ320001240757QQihZ011QQcategoryZ4193QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< End time: Jul-02-06 09:15:29 PDT IBM PS/2 Model 70 Desktop (Type 8570) with IBM VGA Monitor (Type 8513001) Specifications: * CPU: Intel 80386 16 MHz * Internal memory: 1 MB * Hard-drive: 60 MB * Floppy drive: 1.44 MB * Expansion slots: 3-MC (Micro Channel) Louis Ohland wrote: > >http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-PS-2-Model-70-386-Desktop-Monitor-Orig-IBM-Disks_W0QQitemZ320001240757QQihZ011QQcate...

Auction: IBM 90X9009 Memory Expansion for PS/2 Model 80-386
http://search.ebay.com/370034866847 BIN This is the odd right angle memory daughtercard of the 6MB memory adapter, 90X9009 Memory Expansion For Use on 90X9507 Memory Expansion Board for the PS/2 Model 80 ...

Auction: VINTAGE IBM PS2 PS/2 MODEL 70 PC COMPUTER
>http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-IBM-PS2-PS-2-MODEL-70-PC-COMPUTER-CLEAN-386_W0QQitemZ5105726548QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< Ends Oct-02-05 19:26:06 PDT -- Reply to ohland@charter.net On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 20:05:07 -0500, Louis Ohland <nullnvoid@charter.net> wrote: >> http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-IBM-PS2-PS-2-MODEL-70-PC-COMPUTER-CLEAN-386_W0QQitemZ5105726548QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< > Ends Oct-02-05 19:26:06 PDT This thing won't run an OS/2 1.0, 1.1 would it? It requires a 286? If so guess I'll be waiting for another 50Z to bubble up. :\ --Daniel Hi! > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=%205105726548 I think it becomes obvious when a person looking at the listing also has one of those coffee cans (look in the picture background) that he has *far too much stuff*. Otherwise a very nice looking computer. I find the dual floppy setup especially handy. William On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 21:51:00 -0500, William R. Walsh <newgroups1@nojunquemail.walshcomptech.com> wrote: > Hi! > >> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=%205105726548 > > I think it becomes obvious when a person looking at the listing also has one > of those coffee cans (look in the picture background) that he has *far too > much stuff*. > > Otherwise a very nice looking computer. I find the dual floppy setup > especially handy. > > William...

Auction: IBM PS/2 Model 70 386 #2
<http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-PS-2-Model-70-386_W0QQitemZ120090281232QQihZ002QQcategoryZ74946QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> End time: Mar-01-07 12:02:40 PST 8570-081 if my squinting made a difference. ...

Auction: IBM PS/2 Model 70 386 computer, 20 MHz, 80 MB hard disk
Looks real clean. 8570-161 with an 80MB disk. (Or should I say "DASD"?) http://search.ebay.com/220105437532 Ships within the US for $25 via FedEx ground. Located in Fort Collins, CO USA. (Wasn't there a group member located near Fort Collins?) Ends Apr-29-07 18:15:39 PDT. No affiliation. (Oh, and Google Groups doesn't seem to be updating properly. Hmmmph.) William ...

IBM PS/2 MCA Model 80, 8580-A16 w/Extras Rare & Cheap! auction
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=74946&item=5171191310 Ends Mar-11-05 17:22:14 PST Axx model. http://www.gilanet.com/ohlandl/8580/8580_A.html I didn't know there was an A16 but anyway, it should be 25MHz, not 20. I wrote to the seller. Looks like its clean, in good shape, and has a couple of extras (CD, LAN adapter). Its got that lousy Tribble SCSI adapter. Dan "Dan the K" <kaliushkin@att.net> wrote in message news:1109734645.734528.155960@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > I didn't know there was an A16 but any...

Auction: Vintage IBM PS/2 Model 56 SX Type: 8556 Computer #2
>http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-IBM-PS-2-Model-56-SX-Type-8556-Computer_W0QQitemZ8763178274QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< Ends Feb-14-06 18:32:36 PST Vintage IBM PS/2 Model 56 SX Type: 8556 Computer http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8763178274 End time: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 at 6:32:36 PM Pacific Standard Time Already commented before the system was relisted that it lacks RAM & has a 386SLC, 486SLC2, or 486SLC3 upgrade daughtercard. David David@IBMMuseum.com ...

Auction: NOS IBM Personal System/2 Model 80 PS/2 Intel 80386
Here's something you don't see very often... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250176278569 Current bid: US $0.99 (Reserve not met) End time: Oct-22-07 10:03:41 PDT (5 days 20 hours) Ships to: Worldwide Item location: Hayward, California, United States Here is a BRAND NEW IBM Personal System/2 Model 80! This is still sealed in its original box and has never been opened! No affiliation -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com 8580-041 JWR wrote: > Here's something you don't see very often... > > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250176278569 > > Current bid: US $0.99 > (Reserve not met) > > End time: Oct-22-07 10:03:41 PDT (5 days 20 hours) > Ships to: Worldwide > Item location: Hayward, California, United States > > Here is a BRAND NEW IBM Personal System/2 Model 80! This is still sealed in > its original box and has never been opened! > > > No affiliation > Following the above link leads to this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/Equinox-S-100-System-Keyed-Up-8080A-IMSAI-MITS-Altair_W0QQitemZ250176834614QQihZ015QQcategoryZ1247QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem OT, yes, but ... :-) k ...

Auction: IBM PS/2 Model 70 386
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120090281232 Starting bid: US $0.99 Auction ends: 1 Mar 2007 12:02:40 PST Location: Tustin, CA, USA Much cheaper than the other one, and even includes an evilnet adapter. Not affiliated, other than drooled over the auction. Now, were are the wipes for my flat panel... exwisdem On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 20:17:08 UTC, "exwisdem" <daress@donet.com> wrote: -> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120090281232 -> -> Starting bid: US $0.99 -> -> Auction ends: 1 Mar 2007 12...

Auction: IBM PS/2 Model 80-041
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8766149922&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1 IBM PS/2 Model 80 Vintage http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8766149922 End time: Monday, February 20, 2006 at 7:24:47 PM Pacific Standard Time And what is your involvement with the auction? David David@IBMMuseum.com seller Too rich for my blood -- of course, I've got a *much* nicer 8580-321 sitting about 20 feet away from me that I got for *free* (I did have to pick it up, but that was a local t...

Auction : IBM PS/2 Model 70 386 (Canada)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190199056365 Starting bid: US $15.00 PayPal account required End time: 24-Feb-08 22:56:58 GMT (5 days 1 hour) Post to: Worldwide Item location: SHERWOOD PARK, AB, Canada IBM PS/2 computer, as shown, powers up, however, do not have any support software. Unless otherwise requested, will ship CPU, mouse and keyboard only, would suggest to save on shipping costs, as monitors are available dine-a-dozen locally. No affiliation -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com ...

Auction: IBM PS/2 Model 8580-111 Tower
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260111938540 Starting bid: US $12.00 End time: May-02-07 09:01:24 PDT (6 days 19 hours) Ships to: United States Item location: Ashland, Massachusetts, United States Complete Unit, Untested, but Unit powers on. Sold as is. No Keyboard or mouse This item was tested and pulled here at Cheever Industries and is in refurbished condition. No affiliation -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or us...

Auction: IBM 8580 Personal System/2 Model 80 Vintage!
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-8580-Personal-System-2-Model-80-Vintage_W0QQitemZ280037250616QQihZ018QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item280037250616#ebayphotohosting< End time: Oct-18-06 10:45:35 PDT Type 8580-041 Looks clean inside. Has ESDI controller, I think. Louis Ohland wrote: > >http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-8580-Personal-System-2-Model-80-Vintage_W0QQitemZ280037250616QQihZ018QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item280037250616#ebayphotohosting< > End time: Oct-18-06 10:45:35 PDT > > Type 8580-041 > > Looks clean inside. Has ESDI contr...

Auction: IBM PS/2 Model 53 Type 9553 NR
http://search.ebay.com/260152766492 Well padded shipped costs...to say the least. $0.99 starting bid, $42.85 Priority Mail shipping to the US only. Located in Los Angeles, CA. One day, five hours remaining. Shipping fees can be waived if you can make a pickup. Anyone nearby to grab this? It appears to have a dual async adapter and probably some 3270 card installed. The 2.88 floppy drive may have been added later--even the * types work fine, but I've never seen a Model 53 that had one in it "from the factory". William ...

Auction: IBM PS/2 Model 80 Vintage Low Reserve
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-PS-2-Model-80-Vintage-Low-Reserve_W0QQitemZ8770029377QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< Ends Feb-28-06 17:07:27 PST 16MHz 386 processor 640K Base RAM with 4MB of extended memory 44MB MFM hard drive Token Ring MCA Card Computone Card and Brekout Box for connecting up to 8 serial terminals Floppy Drive Rhomat Tape Drive If you look at the sticker on the tape drive, it tells you to touch the shutter on the drive before inserting a tape. Remember our thread on tape errors and grounding? The truth is out there... Louis Ohland wrote: > &g...

Auction: IBM PS/2 Model 8580-110 Computer System
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190103953255 End time: Apr-23-07 14:26:21 PDT (6 days 1 hour) Ships to: United States Item location: Lake Charles, Louisiana, United States IBM PS/2 Model 8580-111 Computer System. Features: 16K Memory IBM PS/2 110 Meg Disk Drives (2) IBM PS/2 120 Meg Tape Backup IBM PS/2 3 1/2 Diskette Drive IBM PS/2 Keyboard IBM PS/2 Mouse DigiBoard (16) Ports Terminal Controller - For attachment of remote terminals & printers Operating System - SCO Unix v386 - 16 Users This unit has been in service for the pa...

Auction: IBM PS/2 Model 55 386 DOS Computer
http://search.ebay.com/230097876674 End time: Mar-03-07 19:44:18 PST Another system from Raryl. He calls it a 386. IIRC, isn't it a 386SX? Hi! > Another system from Raryl. He calls it a 386. IIRC, > isn't it a 386SX? Louis, are you saying that your knowledge of the 55SX is lacking? For the most produced PS/2 ever, that is simply not excusable. Taking a page from your book...you have been (very) BAD and you must be PUNISHED. :-) Yes, it's a 386SX. There also exist IBM planars with a Cyrix 486SRx2 and Reply-planar based systems. I've had the former and...

Auction: IBM PS/2 Model 80 System
If you are local to Vermont, this may be your lucky day. Shipping is $65 >http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-PS-2-Model-80-System-Excellent-Condition_W0QQitemZ8752847134QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< Ends Jan-19-06 18:26:07 PST System Unit Contents: * 12MB Ram * 486 33/66 upgrade card * 386 Math Coprocessor * SCSI Adapter o Supports External SCSI devices o Supporting (2) SCSI Drives + 160MB + 108MB ...

Auction: Vintage IBM PS/2, Model 70, 386 Computer WORKING!!
>http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-IBM-PS-2-Model-70-386-Computer-WORKING_W0QQitemZ8763017206QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< Ends Feb-16-06 16:00:00 PST 8570-E61 Louis Ohland wrote: > >http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-IBM-PS-2-Model-70-386-Computer-WORKING_W0QQitemZ8763017206QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< > > Ends Feb-16-06 16:00:00 PST > 8570-E61 Looks like he's got a couple of pictures swapped between this auction and the 50Z he's also selling. > Looks like he's got a couple of pictures swapped between this auction > and the 50Z...

Auction: Vector MCA Extender Board for IBM PS/2 Model 80
>http://cgi.ebay.com/Vector-MCA-Extender-Board-for-IBM-PS-2-Model-80_W0QQitemZ150038464210QQihZ005QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item150038464210< End time: Oct-01-06 13:21:00 PDT In article <_iFRg.2308$pH3.677@newsfe03.lga>, ohland@charter.net (known to some as Louis Ohland) scribed... > >http://cgi.ebay.com/Vector-MCA-Extender-Board-for-IBM-PS-2-Model-80_W0QQitemZ150038464210QQihZ005QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item150038464210< > End time: Oct-01-06 13:21:00 PDT Had a feeling you'd spot that one, Louis. I'm the seller. I...

Auction: VINTAGE IBM PS/2 COMPUTER MODEL 50Z TYPE 8550-031
http://search.ebay.com/370389780338 Jun 07, 201017:25:06 PDT Some of the harware is a bit rusty. From personal experience, it probably runs. Dusty. UsPS PARCEL POST mail SHIPPING FEE OF $39.00 ...

Auction: Vintage IBM PC PS/2 Model 35 SX 386 Computer
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230208265679 Current bid: US $11.00 End time: Jan-06-08 10:41:45 PST (2 days 22 hours) Ships to: United States, Canada Item location: Pearland, Texas, United States Model-Type: IBM PS/2 Model 35 SX 8535-043 Processor: Intel 386SX 20Mhz Video: VGA RAM: 6MB Hard Drive: IDE 40MB Floppy Drive: 1.44MB Expansion Bus: ISA (0 slots available) 1. Network Adapter: Token Ring 16/4 2. Modem: 2400 baud 3. Serial Communications Card Operating System: IBM DOS 5.00 No affiliation -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM...

Auction: Vintage IBM PS2 PC Hardware Maintenance Manual Models 25
<http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-IBM-PS2-PC-Hardware-Maintenance-Manual_W0QQitemZ270078671271QQihZ017QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> End time: Jan-18-07 17:11:07 PST These are good for quick service to the systems. I am electric, electric eye... ...

Web resources about - Auction: IBM PS/2 model 80, 386 type 8580-A31 - comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware

Resources last updated: 3/2/2016 6:12:03 AM