Auction: IBM PS/2 model 80, 386 type 8580-A31

Feb 02, 2013 20:55:18 PST
Or a BIN.
Wichita, Kansas

A bit spendy, BUT this is an Axx system. I have no room at all.

Hmm, a 8580-A31 is a 386DX25 comouter. Earlier models were either 16MHz
or 20MHz. I see an XGA video card, an IBM SCSI Adapter/A, an HP card,
possibly a SCSI scanner controller, a possible serial / lpt card, and
down at the bottom appears to be an early AOX McMaster 486 upgrade
adapter, sans memory. The 211 error is memory. If you look right below
the power plug going into the planar, both white sockets are empty.

Files are freely available for the 8580-Axx and the McMaster.

The planar memory cards are available in people's stashes. The Axx could
take the 4MB size, and was a good system.

The drive support structure could take an IBM dual drive sled OR it
could accept an HD mounted in one of the Model 57/77/95 drive sleds. Or
you can even use a 5 1/2 to 3.5" drive adapter and put AT drive rails
(like those used on CD Rom drives)
0
Louis

I'd like to give a look ... what's the auction number ? Couldn't be able
to find it...

--
http://www.supervinx.com/Retrocomputer
0