Auction: IBM PS/2 Model 95 XP MCA Computer

 >http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-PS-2-Model-95-XP-MCA-Computer_W0QQitemZ8787712328QQcategoryZ74946QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem<
End time:	12 hours 16 mins

Item location:	Smyrna, Delaware
0
Louis

Apr-02-06 19:37:59 PDT

Louis Ohland wrote:
>  >http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-PS-2-Model-95-XP-MCA-Computer_W0QQitemZ8787712328QQcategoryZ74946QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem<
>
> End time:    12 hours 16 mins
>
> Item location:    Smyrna, Delaware
0
Louis
4/2/2006 2:26:48 PM
This seller also has various 95 goodies.

IBM PS/2 Model 95 XP MCA Computer Parts

http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-PS-2-Model-95-XP-MCA-Computer-Parts_W0QQitemZ8787718369

Dan

0
Dan
4/2/2006 3:48:42 PM
I wonder about the effort it must have cost this seller to change tapes :

He's got a closed bezel in front of it . . . (between the FDD and CD)!

--
Jelte

"Louis Ohland" <ohland@charter.net> schreef in bericht
> Apr-02-06 19:37:59 PDT
>
> Louis Ohland wrote:
>>
>>  >http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-PS-2-Model-95-XP-MCA-Computer_W0QQitemZ8787712328QQcategoryZ74946QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem<
>> End time:    12 hours 16 mins
>>
>> Item location:    Smyrna, Delaware

0
JWR
4/2/2006 3:58:58 PM
No wonder the description says "One (1) SCSI tape back-up drive (format
unknown) "

Being unable to access the tape drive wouldn't be a problem if the
front panel or even the bezel covering the drive were kept off.
Unsightly but it works.

Is there anyone participating in this newsgroup who can say none of
his/her computers are open?

Dan

0
Dan
4/3/2006 3:09:46 PM
Dan-the K wrote:
> Is there anyone participating in this newsgroup who can say none of
> his/her computers are open?

Well, I can say that I come close.  Most of my PS/2s have the "proper"
part number bezel for their options, a few have "Dremel specials".  The
only unit that has a "no bezel" opening is the 8580 that has both a
5.25-inch floppy drive and a 4X SCSI CDROM in the full-high 5.25-inch
bay.  While I could make two half-high openings in a standard blank
with the old Dremel tool, I decided it wasn't worth my time.

Rick Ekblaw

0
RickE
4/3/2006 8:29:24 PM
Hi!

> Is there anyone participating in this newsgroup who can say none of
> his/her computers are open?

As far as the bezels go, yes. I have a pretty wide selection of IBM
bezels...a big plastic grocery bag full of them from Texas.

(In all honesty, the only thing I lack is a proper bezel for my PCMCIA/A.
However, the bezel for the QIC tape drive works perfectly if you do as is
described on the Ardent Tools page and use some washers to adjust the
height.)

When it comes to tinkering...I'd have to say that in that case I do usually
have something open quite often. The only exceptions are machines of a
"daily driver" nature.

William

0
William
4/4/2006 1:15:13 AM

Dan-the K wrote:

> Is there anyone participating in this newsgroup who can say none of
> his/her computers are open?

Technically. The front is currently off the 720, due to sheer laziness.
All the other PS/2 machines in regular or casual use are closed. Two of
the PC300-series boxen have open bays, again due mainly to laziness.....

Jim
4/4/2006 3:28:18 AM
Hi Dan,

"Dan-the K" <kaliushkin@att.net> schreef in bericht
> No wonder the description says "One (1) SCSI tape back-up drive (format
> unknown) "
>
> Being unable to access the tape drive wouldn't be a problem if the
> front panel or even the bezel covering the drive were kept off.
> Unsightly but it works.
>
> Is there anyone participating in this newsgroup who can say none of
> his/her computers are open?
>
> Dan

Depends on what you call open. Open as in front and/or covers off; or as in
missing a bezel?
The first occurs only when tinkering and since I don't have much time for
serious tinkering at the moment all units are closed.
The second applies only to the :
9590-ALA - missing the bezel covering the HD-bay right of the FDD
8580-071 - missing the bezel covering the HD-bay below the FDD
8595-V01 - missing a bezel for a half-height CD
8595-AKF - missing a bezel for a full-height CD
What irks me more is that the (or a) previous owner of the 9590-OLA had
found it necessary to engrave his unit with his name across the front using
a dremel. Sad really. I'll post pictures later.

--
Jelte

0
JWR