Auction: IBM PS/2 SCSI-2 Corvette MCA Microchannel WOW! CHEAP!

http://search.ebay.com/200099525399
End time:	Apr-19-07 20:40:20 PDT (

This is from that ner-do-well baddog64

Not sure about an 8580, but it will work on any 90 or 95 with a T1/T2
with the enhanced BIOS or T3 or greater.
0
Louis

Hi!

> Not sure about an 8580, but it will work on any 90 or 95 with
> a T1/T2 with the enhanced BIOS or T3 or greater.

It didn't work for me on an 8580-A31. The adapter didn't want to go
through automatic configuration. When I manually configured it, the
system did not boot and wouldn't see hard disks attached to the
adapter.

William

0
wm_walsh
4/18/2007 1:18:04 PM
wm_walsh@hotmail.com wrote:
> Hi!
>
>> Not sure about an 8580, but it will work on any 90 or 95 with
>> a T1/T2 with the enhanced BIOS or T3 or greater.
>
> It didn't work for me on an 8580-A31. The adapter didn't want to go
> through automatic configuration. When I manually configured it, the
> system did not boot and wouldn't see hard disks attached to the
> adapter.
>
> William

I think the SC.EXE is too low of a version.
0
Louis
4/18/2007 4:45:13 PM
> > It didn't work for me on an 8580-A31. The adapter didn't want to go
> > through automatic configuration. When I manually configured it, the
> > system did not boot and wouldn't see hard disks attached to the
> > adapter.

> I think the SC.EXE is too low of a version.

IIRC, the ADP intercepts the model number, the adapter will not init on Mod.
80.

0
UZnal