Auction: IBM ps2 Model 70 386

>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-ps2-Model-70-386_W0QQitemZ5244092245QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Ends Sep-24-05 09:48:48 PDT<
--
Reply to ohland@charter.net
0
Louis

Hi!

In addition to the fact that I want to replace my fallen Model 70 (this
one looks to have a 16MHz planar as well) I will also be researching
the SCSI adapter. Plans are to at least provide an outline and whatever
other info I can dig up.

This is a polite request to please not snipe me on this. :-)

William

0
wm_walsh
9/19/2005 3:42:15 PM
8570 with scsi, nice. let me know how it goes, was thinking of doing
the same with an 8570 i currently own.
-John

0
newyork_techie
9/20/2005 2:48:24 AM
Hi!

> 8570 with scsi, nice. let me know how it goes, was thinking of doing
> the same with an 8570 i currently own.

I'll let you know whatever you want to know...pictures, outlines,
whatever...

Providing--of course--that I win the auction, I'll keep the system complete
and functional. (That's the usual course of attack...but I want to make it
clear that I don't try to destroy things for research.)

William

0
William
9/20/2005 10:53:08 PM
but of course. unless it really, really pisses you off. then, old mr.
15lb sledgehammer comes out of the closet with mr. oxyacetaline and ms.
lighter fluid. -grin.
did that to 2 macs i had to work on once. bastards kept giving issues,
even to a mac tech who works on these things daily. they make nice
little fireplaces (besides fishtanks).
-John

0
newyork_techie
9/21/2005 11:18:50 AM
Hi!

> but of course. unless it really, really pisses you off. then, old mr.
> 15lb sledgehammer comes out of the closet with mr. oxyacetaline and ms.
> lighter fluid. -grin.

Are you sure those items are used for research purposes?

(Maybe "wow, that went up quick!" or "I didn't know that a burning Mac
would set fire to the kitchen curtains...hmmm...how will I explain that
to the fire department?". :-) )

I have some "tools" but they are relegated to use on equipment that is
really gone beyond all hope. That doesn't take into account the
wickedly sharp Gateway case I had here that thought it would slice
through my pants and into my behind when I backed into it. That case
was soon made sorry for its transgressions, right after I emptied
everything out of it. :-)

William

0
wm_walsh