Auction: IBM PS2 MODEL 9556-2BX USED COMPUTER

 >http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-PS2-MODEL-9556-2BX-USED-COMPUTER_W0QQitemZ8712830659QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem<
Ends Oct-29-05 16:27:10 PDT
0
Louis

Hi Louis,
Made shorter:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8712830659

     The '2' in the sub-model is "Multimedia or Token Ring Systems". I
see an ethernet card & no Ultimedia markings/adapters. 'B' is the
486SLC2-50 that we kind of knew already. What capacity is the 'X' hard
drive though?
                  David
                  David@IBMMuseum.com

0
IBMMuseum
10/26/2005 1:30:30 AM
"IBMMuseum" <David@gilanet.com> wrote in message
> Hi Louis,
> Made shorter:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8712830659
>
>      The '2' in the sub-model is "Multimedia or Token Ring Systems". I
> see an ethernet card & no Ultimedia markings/adapters. 'B' is the
> 486SLC2-50 that we kind of knew already. What capacity is the 'X' hard
> drive though?

The xxV xxX and xxZ suffices are 1GB, 2Gb and 4GB, **IIRC**. Can't say that
I've ever heard of a 2GB drive Model 56 though, so be warned.
--
Regards,
        Tim Clarke (a.k.a. WBST)

0
Tim
10/26/2005 3:14:48 AM
On 10/25/05 11:14 PM, in article IwC7f.8202$Jl3.7362@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net,
"Tim Clarke" <SpamBlock.Monetaim.Com@cswebmail.com> wrote:

> "IBMMuseum" <David@gilanet.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Louis,
>> Made shorter:
>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8712830659
>>
>>      The '2' in the sub-model is "Multimedia or Token Ring Systems". I
>> see an ethernet card & no Ultimedia markings/adapters. 'B' is the
>> 486SLC2-50 that we kind of knew already. What capacity is the 'X' hard
>> drive though?
>
> The xxV xxX and xxZ suffices are 1GB, 2Gb and 4GB, **IIRC**. Can't say that
> I've ever heard of a 2GB drive Model 56 though, so be warned.

Hmmm........I looked up that model designation and got something a little
different.  2BX shows in my book as a special config, 486SLC2 50MHz
medialess (no drives).  From the picture, it looks like they added an
ethernet card and a floppy drive (assuming they described the model number
correctly).  I didn't think a 56 would boot off a 4GB drive (or even a 2GB
drive; I always thought that the drive with the IML partition could be no
larger than 1GB?).  I found this in "Upgrading & Repairing PC's 4th
Edition".

-CN

0
Christopher
10/26/2005 3:33:50 AM
Hi Tim,
> ...The xxV xxX and xxZ suffices are 1GB, 2Gb and 4GB, **IIRC**. Can't
> say that I've ever heard of a 2GB drive Model 56 though, so be warned...
     Not saying there isn't duplicates, but I show a 'T' as the 1Gb
drive. '0' should be no HDD (or the later characters can be something
else with a '4' "Special Bid" first character in the sub-model). But
that brings up another question: Do 'medialess' microchannel systems
need a floppy drive for configuration changes (and don't say you pull
the floppy drive after config, which is detected as a change itself)?
     The listing dances around whether there is a hard drive at all. It
almost disclaims it. Christopher could be right, but I still say
'medialess' has a floppy (ever see a blank bezel in that position?).
                         David
                         David@IBMMuseum.com

0
IBMMuseum
I have about 10 of these units also model designation 2bx, supposed
"medialess workstation" but mine have small hard drives and no floppies,
although the 2.88 floppy i installed in one works great and the unit
autoconfigures, so who knows who did what eh? mine also have token ring
cards in them. wnat one without a floppy? $20.00 plus shipping from 92805 at
about 30 pounds (heavy little suckers they are.
Jerry
ps: shameless plug.

--
Brought to you from a COMPAQ PROLIANT 3000, check out  www.jerrysmicro.com
"Christopher Noyes" <cnoyes72@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> On 10/25/05 11:14 PM, in article IwC7f.8202$Jl3.7362@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net,
> "Tim Clarke" <SpamBlock.Monetaim.Com@cswebmail.com> wrote:
>
> > "IBMMuseum" <David@gilanet.com> wrote in message
> >> Hi Louis,
> >> Made shorter:
> >> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8712830659
> >>
> >>      The '2' in the sub-model is "Multimedia or Token Ring Systems". I
> >> see an ethernet card & no Ultimedia markings/adapters. 'B' is the
> >> 486SLC2-50 that we kind of knew already. What capacity is the 'X' hard
> >> drive though?
> >
> > The xxV xxX and xxZ suffices are 1GB, 2Gb and 4GB, **IIRC**. Can't say
that
> > I've ever heard of a 2GB drive Model 56 though, so be warned.
>

> Hmmm........I looked up that model designation and got something a little
> different.  2BX shows in my book as a special config, 486SLC2 50MHz
> medialess (no drives).  From the picture, it looks like they added an
> ethernet card and a floppy drive (assuming they described the model number
> correctly).  I didn't think a 56 would boot off a 4GB drive (or even a 2GB
> drive; I always thought that the drive with the IML partition could be no
> larger than 1GB?).  I found this in "Upgrading & Repairing PC's 4th
> Edition".
>
> -CN

Hi!
> (or even a 2GB
> drive; I always thought that the drive with the IML partition could be no
> larger than 1GB?).

Depends upon the microcode revision that's driving the SCSI adapter. Some
IBM MCA SCSI adapters have "incompetent" code levels that cannot correctly
deal with a drive over 1GB. I think there are some IML-type processor
complexes that might have this problem too.

Other adapters (92x-series microcode "Spock", and later adapters like the
short uncached SCSI/A and the "Corvette") or complexes with new enough code
onboard can see a drive up to 8GB (not personally tested...anybody know if
the "Spock" can go to beyond 8GB?) and IML from a drive up to 3.94GB in
size.

Forgive me if some details are wrong. The general concept (IML over 1GB) is
correct.

William

0
William
10/26/2005 4:14:44 AM
> Hi Tim,
> > ...The xxV xxX and xxZ suffices are 1GB, 2Gb and 4GB, **IIRC**. Can't
> > say that I've ever heard of a 2GB drive Model 56 though, so be warned...
>      Not saying there isn't duplicates, but I show a 'T' as the 1Gb
> drive.

Ahh! That "rings the bell" T,V,W should be the nGB additions. Sorry, memory
failure and I did emphasise the **IIRC**, to indicate uncertainty.
--
Regards,
        Tim Clarke (a.k.a. WBST)

0
Tim
10/26/2005 4:46:05 AM
Hi Christopher !

> I didn't think a 56 would boot off a 4GB drive (or even a 2GB
> drive; I always thought that the drive with the IML partition could be no
> larger than 1GB?).  I found this in "Upgrading & Repairing PC's 4th
> Edition".

It does.
9556 has the extended SCSI translation already. 8556 / 8557 haven't.
They are limited to 1GB drivesize for the primary drive.

I run my 9556-0BA with an IBM DORS-32160 2.16GB and I had a 3.5GB
Quantum (Fireball IIRC) in it *with* the IML-partition of course until
it all of a sudden bit the dust. (Like Quantums use to do)

It should be possible to use a 4.51GB DCAS / DDRS as well and use a
special software to reduce the number of logical blocks to below the
3.94GB limit. But I have a) none of these drives and b) no config page
editor to do that.

--
Very friendly greetings from Peter in Germany
http://members.aol.com/mcapage0/mcaindex.htm

*** Reply to: peterwendt@aol.com only ! ***
0
Peter
10/26/2005 2:40:37 PM
Hi William !

> Other adapters (92x-series microcode "Spock", and later adapters like the
> short uncached SCSI/A and the "Corvette") or complexes with new enough code
> onboard can see a drive up to 8GB (not personally tested...anybody know if
> the "Spock" can go to beyond 8GB?) and IML from a drive up to 3.94GB in
> size.

The biggest drive I tested just recently is a 40GB Fujitsu (IDE + U/W
converter) on my "AOL-GATE" Corvette.
No problems. Simply works. I plan to substitute the DGHS09U (9.1GB UW)
with a bigger drive.

The "capacity" display rolls over at 16GB and shows some
irrational values in the systems SCSI config ... I vaguely recall that I
had something during (a very short) testing phase with an 80GB drive,
but I cannot say for sure anymore. The drive is in use currently, so I
cannot retry that fast.

.... retested it with the 40GB Fujitsu. It shows "-24544MB" in "Set SCSI
configuration". Add 16.384 to it and that would be 40.928MB total.

The 40GB Fujitsu however even LLFORMATted fine with no trouble - even
though it was only some sort of imaginary format, since modern IDE
drives block out the LLFORMAT request. But the *system* needs it to get
the total number of read- / writeable blocks together and store the
value correspondingly.

I have it in the machine currently after using GHOST 7.5 to copy all
stuff over from the 9.1GB to the 40GB.
No problem. Simply works. I love it.

--
Very friendly greetings from Peter in Germany
http://members.aol.com/mcapage0/mcaindex.htm

*** Reply to: peterwendt@aol.com only ! ***

0
Peter
10/26/2005 3:46:26 PM
Hi!

> The biggest drive I tested just recently is a 40GB Fujitsu (IDE + U/W
> converter) on my "AOL-GATE" Corvette.

There is also a page concerning this very subject on the Ardent Tools.
IIRC it was John Mes who tried to use 200GB drives on the Corvette and
possibly the Cheetah RAID controller. He mentioned a similar kind of
misbehavior with negative numbers and some problems with the Corvette
and a lone 200GB drive...

So the Corvette and at least one RAID controller have been explored
enough to answer my question of drive size on that front.

What I want to know is how far the late short uncached SCSI/A or the
SCSI/A with cache can go. Can they too be pushed to 40 or 200GB? Or is
their limit something much lower?

What I don't presently have are any SCSI disks over 8GB. That's soon
going to change--I have a Seagate Barracuda 9 (as well as a lot of
other, smaller Barracuda drives) GB drive coming in a lot. When they
all show up I'll try the 9GB on the Spock and short uncached SCSI/A to
see what happens.

If that Yamaha CD burner does indeed have an IDE>SCSI converter
onboard, it may be "borrowed" briefly for testing of some 40 and 60GB
IDE drives attached to the already mentioned adapters.

William

0
wm_walsh
10/26/2005 8:44:25 PM
Hi William !

> What I want to know is how far the late short uncached SCSI/A or the
> SCSI/A with cache can go. Can they too be pushed to 40 or 200GB? Or is
> their limit something much lower?

That depends on the machine you use it in.
If it is a 95xx series machine which has the extended SCSI translation
in BIOS already you will get good results with >8GB drives on either
adapter most likely.
In an 85xx machine the SCSI BIOS (and translation modes) come from the
adapter. Here the new cached Spock and the new short uncached with the
latest SCSI BIOS is required or else you are stuck with the 1GB limit
anyway. AFAIK the short uncached *has* the latest BIOS.

> What I don't presently have are any SCSI disks over 8GB. That's soon
> going to change--I have a Seagate Barracuda 9 (as well as a lot of
> other, smaller Barracuda drives) GB drive coming in a lot. When they
> all show up I'll try the 9GB on the Spock and short uncached SCSI/A to
> see what happens.
>
> If that Yamaha CD burner does indeed have an IDE>SCSI converter
> onboard, it may be "borrowed" briefly for testing of some 40 and 60GB
> IDE drives attached to the already mentioned adapters.

The CD-ROM IDE bridge will not fit very well behind a 3.5" harddisk. It
is 5.25" with the (sort of) standard CD-ROM rear layout and the card
itself will  probably block the DC power connector. But for an
experimental phase outside a case it may work nontheless.

--
Very friendly greetings from Peter in Germany
http://members.aol.com/mcapage0/mcaindex.htm

*** Reply to: peterwendt@aol.com only ! ***
0
Peter
10/27/2005 5:24:18 AM
"Peter H. Wendt" <peterwendt@aol.com> wrote in message
> Hi Christopher !
>
> > I didn't think a 56 would boot off a 4GB drive (or even a 2GB
> > drive; I always thought that the drive with the IML partition could be
no
> > larger than 1GB?).  I found this in "Upgrading & Repairing PC's 4th
> > Edition".

Hi Peter...

> It does.
> 9556 has the extended SCSI translation already. 8556 / 8557 haven't.
> They are limited to 1GB drivesize for the primary drive.

BIOS "patching" project, to be resumed at a later date. Too much else to do.

> I run my 9556-0BA with an IBM DORS-32160 2.16GB and I had a 3.5GB
> Quantum (Fireball IIRC) in it *with* the IML-partition of course until
> it all of a sudden bit the dust. (Like Quantums use to do)
>
> It should be possible to use a 4.51GB DCAS / DDRS as well and use a
> special software to reduce the number of logical blocks to below the
> 3.94GB limit. But I have a) none of these drives and b) no config page
> editor to do that.

With an FD 18xx-chip based system/adapter you can use the DOS "FDSDA /A"
utility/command to issue ALL SCSI-2 "Custom Commands" to any device. This
lives in the PWRSCSI4.EXE download from IBM or "Future Domain PowerSCSI!
V4.1" package from Adaptec (who swallowed Future Domain), or on the
suitably-provisioned Reply PowerBoard upgrade planar packages, as new. I've
been using this ASPI-based utility under Warp 3 for my "CD-ROM Changer"
driver development project, to explore the SCSI-2 commands needed to
initialise a real SCSI Media-Changer device, like the Pioneer DRM-1804Xs.
--
Regards,
        Tim Clarke (a.k.a. WBST)

0
Tim

IBM PS2 Model P70 386 Portable Computer auction
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-PS2-Model-P70-386-Portable-Computer_W0QQitemZ5238028463QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< Ends Sep-09-05 15:14:15 PDT full leather carrying case accessory. The leather case has pockets and file space Wow. The case has built in storage! -- Reply to ohland@charter.net Hi Louis, > full leather carrying case accessory. The leather case has > pockets and file space. Wow. The case has built in storage! Standard Hartmann (which almost needs it's own entry on your pages) leather case for the P70. There is also the nylon model with leather trim. Wandt more pictures of each? David David@IBMMuseum.com ...

Auction: IBM PS2 Model 56 SX Computer Type 8556
And a *very* sorry looking one at that.... $69.99 BIN or make offer (duh!) Shipping: FREE to United States - Economy Shipping Free local pickup from Winterville, GA, United States Used (who could tell?) Sold AS-IS for Parts/Repair The power switch does not work. No affiliation -- Jelte, Admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki How about a link, folks :-0 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=?160579374783 "JWR" <you.want.my.address@ask.for.it> schreef in bericht news:4dc2fc8b$0$30721$5fc3050@news.tiscali.nl... > And a *very* sorry looking one at that.... > > $69.99 BIN or make offer (duh!) > > Shipping: FREE to United States - Economy Shipping > Free local pickup from Winterville, GA, United States > Used (who could tell?) > Sold AS-IS for Parts/Repair The power switch does not work. > > No affiliation > > -- > Jelte, > Admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki ...

Auction: VINTAGE IBM PS2 MODEL 30 286 COMPUTER FOR REPAIR PARTS
Dead clock battery. (I'm still working on getting a DS1287 apart without completely destroying it. Who'd have thought it would be this entertaining?) http://search.ebay.com/220101437534 Ships to the US, located in Palm Harbor, FL. Ends Apr-17-07, 14:28:17 PDT No affiliation. William Hi William ! > Dead clock battery. (I'm still working on getting a DS1287 apart without > completely destroying it. Who'd have thought it would be this entertaining?) I really wonder why it is so difficult for you. Really. Next time use a Dremel or a sharp metal saw and not that big two-hand construction side concrete cutter, will you ? :-D -- Very friendly greetings from Peter in Germany http://members.aol.com/mcapage0/mcaindex.htm *** Reply to: peterwendt@aol.com only ! *** Hi! > I really wonder why it is so difficult for you. > Really. Because I make things difficult. I don't like to, but I seem to be quite good at it. :-) I used a Dremel with the smallest bit I could find. It opened the chip with ease, although not as cleanly as the pictures on your page show. With the Dremel, I seem to lose one or both battery contacts. I either can't find the contact in the potting compound or I'm buzzing right through it. At 5,000 RPM (minimum speed on my Dremel tool) it is hard to say. William Practice makes perfect? I decided power tools weren't the right approach, at least not for me. I pic...

Auction: Computer IBM PS2 Model 50 Quick Reff and Ref Diskette
Quiet on the group...everyone must be out with their shiny new toys or lost in their books... http://search.ebay.com/200117728850 PS/2 Model 50 refdisk and quick reference. Looks to be in nice condition. No affiliation. $8 starting bid. Ships to US ($6) and Canada. Located in Canton, OH USA. Ends Jun-14-07, 20:42:07 (2 days, 12 hours). William (piddling around with a 1984 Plymouth Reliant instead of PS/2s for a change...) Stitching up some loose ends. wm_walsh@hotmail.com wrote: > Quiet on the group...everyone must be out with their shiny new toys or > lost in their books... > > http://search.ebay.com/200117728850 > > PS/2 Model 50 refdisk and quick reference. Looks to be in nice > condition. No affiliation. $8 starting bid. > > Ships to US ($6) and Canada. Located in Canton, OH USA. Ends > Jun-14-07, 20:42:07 (2 days, 12 hours). > > William (piddling around with a 1984 Plymouth Reliant instead of PS/2s > for a change...) > Too busy at WWDC. > Quiet on the group...everyone must be out with their shiny new toys or > lost in their books... <wm_walsh@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht news:1181662908.466507.183620@q19g2000prn.googlegroups.com... > Quiet on the group...everyone must be out with their shiny new toys or > lost in their books... I wish!..... - filling out tax-forms for the IRS (yummie!) for me and my inlaws. - rescueing data from two pc's (my...

Auction: Vintage IBM PS2 PC Hardware Maintenance Manual Models 25
<http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-IBM-PS2-PC-Hardware-Maintenance-Manual_W0QQitemZ270078671271QQihZ017QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> End time: Jan-18-07 17:11:07 PST These are good for quick service to the systems. I am electric, electric eye... ...

Auction: IBM PS2 Vintage Personal Computer Model 57 SX + monitor (UK)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200175327335 Starting bid: �25.00 End time: 26-Dec-07 09:30:00 GMT (2 days 13 hours) Pick up only - see item description for details Item location: Cambridge, United Kingdom IBM PS/2 computer Model 57 SX, this was the personal property of my late father. it is still in its original boxes complete with original manuals, colour monitor, rotating stand for monitor, IBM keyboard, all power leads, floppy boot disks etc. it is in very good condition, as it was his personal property and ordered directly new from factory for him (not ex-office or second hand). No affiliation -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com ...

Auction: VINTAGE IBM PS2 PS/2 MODEL 70 PC COMPUTER
>http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-IBM-PS2-PS-2-MODEL-70-PC-COMPUTER-CLEAN-386_W0QQitemZ5105726548QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< Ends Oct-02-05 19:26:06 PDT -- Reply to ohland@charter.net On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 20:05:07 -0500, Louis Ohland <nullnvoid@charter.net> wrote: >> http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-IBM-PS2-PS-2-MODEL-70-PC-COMPUTER-CLEAN-386_W0QQitemZ5105726548QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< > Ends Oct-02-05 19:26:06 PDT This thing won't run an OS/2 1.0, 1.1 would it? It requires a 286? If so guess I'll be waiting for another 50Z to bubble up. :\ --Daniel Hi! > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=%205105726548 I think it becomes obvious when a person looking at the listing also has one of those coffee cans (look in the picture background) that he has *far too much stuff*. Otherwise a very nice looking computer. I find the dual floppy setup especially handy. William On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 21:51:00 -0500, William R. Walsh <newgroups1@nojunquemail.walshcomptech.com> wrote: > Hi! > >> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=%205105726548 > > I think it becomes obvious when a person looking at the listing also has one > of those coffee cans (look in the picture background) that he has *far too > much stuff*. > > Otherwise a very nice looking computer. I find the dual floppy setup > especially handy. > > William...

Auction: IBM ps2 Model 70 386
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-ps2-Model-70-386_W0QQitemZ5244092245QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem Ends Sep-24-05 09:48:48 PDT< -- Reply to ohland@charter.net Hi! In addition to the fact that I want to replace my fallen Model 70 (this one looks to have a 16MHz planar as well) I will also be researching the SCSI adapter. Plans are to at least provide an outline and whatever other info I can dig up. This is a polite request to please not snipe me on this. :-) William 8570 with scsi, nice. let me know how it goes, was thinking of doing the same with an 8570 i currently own. -John Hi! > 8570 with scsi, nice. let me know how it goes, was thinking of doing > the same with an 8570 i currently own. I'll let you know whatever you want to know...pictures, outlines, whatever... Providing--of course--that I win the auction, I'll keep the system complete and functional. (That's the usual course of attack...but I want to make it clear that I don't try to destroy things for research.) William but of course. unless it really, really pisses you off. then, old mr. 15lb sledgehammer comes out of the closet with mr. oxyacetaline and ms. lighter fluid. -grin. did that to 2 macs i had to work on once. bastards kept giving issues, even to a mac tech who works on these things daily. they make nice little fireplaces (besides fishtanks). -John Hi! > but of course. unless it really, really pisses you off. then,...

Auction: IBM 9585 PS2
http://search.ebay.com/Z190174683216 BIN William, they are Xies. Hi! > http://search.ebay.com/190174683216 [fix: dropped the errant Z before item #] > BIN > William, they are Xies. As in "Xpensive". I would hope that these same machines will surface under a more reasonably priced listing or that these folks would consider a reasonable offer. I'd almost dare to make them one, but I'm not sure I want to foot the shipping bill right now. My collection of 9585-X machines is getting quite large. Most of them are transplanted Texans. I have enough to run a pretty wide card of OSes...OS/2, Win95, NT4, Linux, and NT 3.1. There is at least one "duplicate", so I could probably squeeze in a Win98SE machine. That would leave only DOS and Windows 3.1x...and I'm not sure I'd want to waste an 85 on that. William On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 08:38:54 -0800 (PST), wm_walsh@hotmail.com wrote: >Hi! > >> http://search.ebay.com/190174683216 > >[fix: dropped the errant Z before item #] > >> BIN >> William, they are Xies. > >As in "Xpensive". I would hope that these same machines will surface >under a more reasonably priced listing or that these folks would >consider a reasonable offer. I'd almost dare to make them one, but I'm >not sure I want to foot the shipping bill right now. > >My collection of 9585-X machines is getting quite large. M...

[auction US] IBM MICROCHANNEL 1200-2400BPS MODEM FOR IBM PS2 SYSTEMS
Beware! The seller doesn't seem to care much about which card you'll be getting! >http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120086889786&ss PageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=002< Regards, Alvin. ...

Auction: Vintage IBM PS2 486 SLC2 Model 56
http://search.ebay.com/250163827091 Current bid is $12.62. Ends Sep-17-07, 10:24:08 PDT (4 days, 2 hours). Ships to the US only (check the listing). Located in Hornell, NY USA. No affiliation and no idea who "illinoistechfall" is. William On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 08:02:18 -0700, wm_walsh@hotmail.com wrote: > http://search.ebay.com/250163827091 I have both the SLC2 and SLC3 version of this, available with mathco. -- CL -> http://tinyurl.com/2zqgly For email correspondence. +----------------------------------------------+ | Charles Lasitter | Address, Mail / Ship: | | 401/728-1987 | 14 Cooke St | | see^tinyurl>4email | Pawtucket RI 02860-6114 | +----------------------------------------------+ ...

IBM PS2 Computer Model 50 Z on E-PAY
E-Pay Item #5177335472 IBM PS2 Computer Model 50 Z, Antique, Old System PS/2 ! ...

Auction: IBM PS2 Personal Vintage Computer NICE! LOOK! What is this?
I saw a 55SX on auction. Looked at the history, and it looks odd. CT, is the autobid at work here, or is it something else? >http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-PS2-Personal-Vintage-Computer-NICE-LOOK_W0QQitemZ8751039671QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< Ends Jan-19-06 16:35:30 PST mtmmich1 ( 11) US $36.00 Jan-18-06 15:14:33 PST mtmmich1 ( 11) US $36.00 Jan-17-06 11:44:35 PST advcircuit ( 463) US $35.00 Jan-17-06 17:06:01 PST exweiman ( 1 ) US $33.00 Jan-17-06 14:38:05 PST exweiman ( 1 ) US $31.00 Jan-17-06 14:37:47 PST exweiman ( 1 ) US $29.00 Jan-17-06 14:37:35 PST exweiman ( 1 ) US $25.00 Jan-17-06 14:37:06 PST exweiman ( 1 ) US $22.00 Jan-17-06 14:36:54 PST exweiman ( 1 ) US $18.00 Jan-17-06 14:36:47 PST exweiman ( 1 ) US $16.00 Jan-17-06 14:36:34 PST exweiman ( 1 ) US $14.00 Jan-17-06 14:36:24 PST exweiman ( 1 ) US $11.00 Jan-17-06 14:36:12 PST exweiman ( 1 ) US $8.00 Jan-17-06 14:36:02 PST exweiman ( 1 ) US $6.00 Jan-17-06 14:35:56 PST exweiman ( 1 ) US $4.25 Jan-17-06 14:35:47 PST exweiman ( 1 ) US $3.00 Jan-17-06 14:35:35 PST exweiman ( 1 ) US $2.00 Jan-15-06 09:51:40 PST ajsmith74 ( 78) US $2.00 Jan-16-06 20:55:56 PST jamesroseallen_a ( 167) US $1.49 Jan-13-06 21:03:18 PST Hi Louis, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8751039671 > mtmmich1 ( 11) US $36.00 Jan-18-06 15:14:33 PST > mtmmich1 ( 11) US $36.00 Jan-17-06 11:44:3...

Vintage IBM industrial computer/PS2 (7541)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5221558276 Ends Jul-26-05 20:32:18 PDT -- Reply to ohland@charter.net Louis Ohland wrote: > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5221558276 > Ends Jul-26-05 20:32:18 PDT > Reply to ohland@charter.net Dave Finzel is a good seller. Where could we find information about this 7541 box? Dan Louis Ohland wrote: > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5221558276 > Ends Jul-26-05 20:32:18 PDT > Reply to ohland@charter.net Dave Finzel is a good seller. Where could we find information about this 7541 box? Dan Louis Ohland wrote: > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5221558276 > Ends Jul-26-05 20:32:18 PDT > Reply to ohland@charter.net Dave Finzel is a good seller. Where could we find information about this 7541 box? Dan I candt findt anything yet. I found the 7537, which seems odd, references the L40 SX technical reference... Dan the K wrote: > > Louis Ohland wrote: > > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5221558276 > > Ends Jul-26-05 20:32:18 PDT > > Reply to ohland@charter.net > > Dave Finzel is a good seller. > > Where could we find information about this 7541 box? > > Dan -- Reply to ohland@charter.net Looks like it's a microchannel based system. I have the refdisk on the Gila Monster. http://www.gila...

Auction: Vintage IBM PS2 Computer Service Manuals Floppy Disks
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170118815858 Starting bid: US $4.99 End time: Jun-10-07 18:34:02 PDT (6 days 5 hours) Shipping costs: US $5.00 (discount available) Ships to: United States Item location: Owatonna, MN, United States This 3 ring binder contains service information for the Personal Systems/2 family of IBM personal Computers. Included are 10 each diagnosis and reference floppy disks, folded service summary manuals and about 250-300 printed pages in a tabbed reference section. General information, model 8525, model 8530, model 8550, model 8555, model 8560, model 8570, model 8573, model 8580, display units, OEM, additional I/O, 8525/8530 options and adaptors, PS/2 options and adaptors, diagnostic maps, parts catalogs, engineering changes and printers. No affiliation -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com ...

Auction: Vintage ibm microchannel ps2 server 500 raid computer
http://search.ebay.com/270670057784 Dec 01, 201005:53:24 PST or BIN OK, dwellers in the cellar, fish or cut bait. All this whining on scrapping systems. Not, no complex or drives. Pickup, only. Do you want some cheese with that whine? "It will not come with the processor card or hard drives but guaranteed to play" Play what?? -- Jelte, Admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki "Louis Ohland" <ohland@charter.net> schreef in bericht news:StSHo.15081$663.11295@newsfe01.iad... > http://search.ebay.com/270670057784 > Dec 01, 201...

Auction: IBM PS2/ TV CONTROLLER MODEL 2460 ***GREAT CONDITION
"On Auction: IBM PS2/ TV CONTROLLER MODEL 2460" "# This Unit allows you to watch TV on your computer!" "Auction includes the PS2/ TV exactly as pictured. Other accessories, attachments, power supplies or cables not included. This PS2/ TV was removed in EXCELLENT condition and is GUARANTEED not to arrive DOA." I've no affiliation, and I live in a PAL region so I won't be bidding. I didn't know that these have a composite input (and output) as well. If I had time and money to burn, I'd hook up a S*ny and have a "PS2-PS/2" setup (until the slashless failed, anyway. I'd like to see a line of those built to namesake IBM standards...). -- - Daniel Wright suggests no "-luncheonmeat-". If only... -- dw_junon at dot net --- 9999hp dot seeabove Daniel Wright wrote: > > Other accessories, > attachments, power supplies or cables not included. This PS2/ TV was > removed in EXCELLENT condition and is GUARANTEED not to arrive DOA." Uh, yeah.... If it was "removed in EXCELLENT condition and is GUARANTEED not to arrive DOA", there would have been a power supply with it. Screen resolution support is limited, but it's actually a decent tuner. I'm watching SciFi channel on one right now with an old CTX 640x480 color LCD monitor. Oh yeah, with a Server 500 connected to the other end. The CTX makes a better TV than it does a computer mon...

Auction: IBM PS2 Model 70 Luggable -
http://search.ebay.com/200206566833 End time: Mar-16-08 12:23:08 PDT Colorado ...

Auction: Beautiful IBM PS2 COMPUTER 9557DEB 9557-DEB Classis
These puppies look like NOS. http://search.ebay.com/170004510839 BIN of $100 IBM PS/2 56, 56 LS, 57, M57 486SLC3 System Units Announcement Number: 194-032 Beware! The seller would not return any of my numerous e-mails asking about these computers. William ...

Auction: vintage ibm ps2 microchannel mca computer mod 90 486
>http://cgi.ebay.com/vintage-ibm-ps2-microchannel-mca-computer-mod-90-486_W0QQitemZ8784004885QQcategoryZ51096QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< End time: Mar-26-06 14:57:08 PST ..it has a XGA video .it has a;180 mb ;hard drive.with OS2 3.0 and WINDOWS 3.1 and IBM DOS on it, all three,,it has 16MB RAM,, also a 1.44 MB floppy drive .also it has a 486 33 mhz processor in it. Ed. My guess is a 160MB SCSI drive, a K complex, and a Spock with cache. Not sure what level, one, two, or three can, or SCSI BIOS. I could not bring enough detail out of the image in order to detect the particulars. Both memory risers and the riser guide are installed. The seller has a 77 up as well. The descriptions are similar, so the complex might not be a 486DX-33. Louis Ohland wrote: > >http://cgi.ebay.com/vintage-ibm-ps2-microchannel-mca-computer-mod-90-486_W0QQitemZ8784004885QQcategoryZ51096QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< > > End time: Mar-26-06 14:57:08 PST > > .it has a XGA video .it has a;180 mb ;hard drive.with OS2 3.0 and > WINDOWS 3.1 and IBM DOS on it, all three,,it has 16MB RAM,, also a 1.44 > MB floppy drive .also it has a 486 33 mhz processor in it. > > Ed. My guess is a 160MB SCSI drive, a K complex, and a Spock with cache. > Not sure what level, one, two, or three can, or SCSI BIOS. I could not > bring enough detail out of the image in order to detect the particulars. > > Both memory risers and the riser guide...

Auction: Vintage IBM Portable Computer PS2 P70/386 PLASMA SCREEN
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330122615225 Starting bid: US $19.99 End time: May-27-07 17:57:18 PDT (6 days 16 hours) Ships to: United States Item location: Edgewater, Maryland, United States 8573-121 No affiliation -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com ...

Auction: IBM PS2/ TV CONTROLLER MODEL 2460 ***GREAT CONDITION #2
.... >http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190016776391< That's item #190016776391. Whoops. -- - Daniel Wright suggests no "-luncheonmeat-". If only... -- dw_junon at dot net --- 9999hp dot seeabove ...

Auction: IBM PS2 Model 70 Luggable -
P70, with a good starting price: http://search.ebay.com/200206566833 $5.00 starting bid. Ends Mar-16-2008, 12:23:08 PDT (2 days, 3 hours). Didn't see any shipping price. Ships to the US only. Located in Nederland, Colorado USA. No affiliation. William ...

Auction: IBM PS2 PS/2 VINTAGE 8530 8086 COMPUTER SYSTEM 8530-C03
Totally medialess...there isn't even a floppy drive. Never seen anything like it before. Check out the full length ISA TR card (probably 4 megabit...)! Current bid of $19.99, shipping to me was figured at $20.93. Located in Holliston, MA USA. Ships worldwide. http://search.ebay.com/280227390214 (which brings me to something else--what is up with all these eBay IDs that I've seen lately where there are two characters at each end of the ID separated by *s? must be a privacy thing or something...) William Hi William, > Totally medialess...there isn't even a floppy drive. I could make you one ;-)) > > http://search.ebay.com/280227390214 > > (which brings me to something else--what is up with all these eBay IDs > that I've seen lately where there are two characters at each end of > the ID separated by *s? must be a privacy thing or something...) > > William Thinking again: I don't have a 8530 with a 8086 in it. Oh, well . . . Jelte. Hi William, > Totally medialess...there isn't even a floppy drive. Never > seen anything like it before. Check out the full length > ISA TR card (probably 4 megabit...)!... Many of my 8086-based Model 25s I got from a school auction lot were set to RIPL from an image on an 8595 (running NW3.11). They still had the 720Kb floppy drive however. As far as I remember, IBM TR has RIPL code built-in (commonly Ethernet adapters, unless s...

Web resources about - Auction: IBM PS2 MODEL 9556-2BX USED COMPUTER - comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware