Auction: IBM PS2 PS/2 VINTAGE 8530 8086 COMPUTER SYSTEM 8530-C03

Totally medialess...there isn't even a floppy drive. Never seen
anything like it before. Check out the full length ISA TR card
(probably 4 megabit...)!

Current bid of $19.99, shipping to me was figured at $20.93. Located
in Holliston, MA USA. Ships worldwide.

http://search.ebay.com/280227390214

(which brings me to something else--what is up with all these eBay IDs
that I've seen lately where there are two characters at each end of
the ID separated by *s? must be a privacy thing or something...)

William
0
wm_walsh

Hi William,

> Totally medialess...there isn't even a floppy drive.

I could make you one ;-))

> http://search.ebay.com/280227390214
>
> (which brings me to something else--what is up with all these eBay IDs
> that I've seen lately where there are two characters at each end of
> the ID separated by *s? must be a privacy thing or something...)
>
> William

Thinking again: I don't have a 8530 with a 8086 in it.

Oh, well . . .

Jelte.

0
JWR
5/16/2008 4:00:43 PM
Hi William,
> Totally medialess...there isn't even a floppy drive. Never
> seen anything like it before. Check out the full length
> ISA TR card (probably 4 megabit...)!...

     Many of my 8086-based Model 25s I got from a school auction lot
were set to RIPL from an image on an 8595 (running NW3.11). They still
had the 720Kb floppy drive however. As far as I remember, IBM TR has
RIPL code built-in (commonly Ethernet adapters, unless somewhat newer
Intel models, required a Boot ROM) on the adapter.
                David
                David@IBMMuseum.com
0
IBMMuseum