Auction: IBM RS6000 & SCSI tape drives [London Calling]

 >http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-RS6000-SCSI-tape-drives_W0QQitemZ110020033769QQihZ001QQcategoryZ1484QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem<
End time:	Aug-17-06 13:05:42 PDT

Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom

Looks to be a 7006-41x?

A IBM DDS-2, an 8mm??? and a third party QIC?
0
Louis

Louis Ohland wrote:
>  >http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-RS6000-SCSI-tape-drives_W0QQitemZ110020033769QQihZ001QQcategoryZ1484QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem<

> Looks to be a 7006-41x?
7011-250

> A IBM DDS-2, an 8mm??? and a third party QIC?

8mm is an Exabyte drive.  QIC looks IBM (AS/400?).
0
Kevin
8/15/2006 7:19:19 PM
Kevin Bowling wrote:
> 7011-250

This looks like an excellent candidate for your code port project,
Kevin, except that the shipping price is likely to give you a heart
attack.  A pity that it's not on our end of the great Atlantic puddle.

Rick Ekblaw

0
RickE
8/15/2006 8:10:04 PM
What platform are you trying to code for? Power or PPC?

RickE wrote:
> Kevin Bowling wrote:
>> 7011-250
>
> This looks like an excellent candidate for your code port project,
> Kevin, except that the shipping price is likely to give you a heart
> attack.  A pity that it's not on our end of the great Atlantic puddle.
>
> Rick Ekblaw

0
Louis
8/15/2006 10:32:07 PM
Louis Ohland wrote:
> What platform are you trying to code for? Power or PPC?

The first stage IPL boot loader currently works on both.  Higher level
things will probably target PPC first (7006,7009,7011) as the docs we
have only cover 7011-250 architecture (hopefully others are similar).
POWER is defiantly a high priority as Tim and I both have 7012s but it
all boils down to docs, or reverse engineering and time.  PPC also has
the benefit of a binary user land ready to go.  The BSD build tools and
GCC might need more work to run on BSD/POWER.

Kevin

> RickE wrote:
>> Kevin Bowling wrote:
>>> 7011-250
>>
>> This looks like an excellent candidate for your code port project,
>> Kevin, except that the shipping price is likely to give you a heart
>> attack.  A pity that it's not on our end of the great Atlantic puddle.
>>
>> Rick Ekblaw

0
Kevin