Auction: OLIVETTI BA2097 (REPLY) 486 72PIN SYS/BRD USED - God Save the Queen!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331865436604

BIN

Solent Spares, dunno if this is MCA, it is a Reply board, however...
0
Louis

On Monday, 15 August 2016 18:18:12 UTC+1, Louis Ohland  wrote:
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/331865436604
>
> BIN
>
> Solent Spares, dunno if this is MCA, it is a Reply board, however...

Looks like a 32-bit MCA-bus riser would be needed. The real question is would it fit a Model 56/57 chassis?

Possibly from an Olivetti M6-560:
http://ps-2.kev009.com/basil.holloway/ALL%20TXT/33284.txt
3-slot MCA riser according to:
http://www.retrocomputing.net/parts/olivetti/M6_suprema/cap3.pdf

HTTH,
WBST
0
WBSTClarke
8/15/2016 8:19:36 PM
BA 2097 M6-540 M6-560
On-board from 8 MB to 64 MB
SEAGATE ST31200N 1050 MB SCSI no >1GB issue...
Integrated, ATI 68800 Super VGA
Floppy disk controller: 82077SL-1
SCSI HDU controller: NCR53C700-66

Motherboard used on the M6-540 and M6-560
Personal Computers.
Replaces BA2027 and BA2028.
This board has experienced the same evolution as
the BASE ASSEMBLY.

CPU: M6-520 i486 SX @ 25 MHz soldered on the motherboard
M6-540 i486 DX @ 33 MHz installed in the Overdrive II
Performance Upgrade Socket
M6-560 i486 DX2 @ 33/66 MHz installed in the Overdrive II
Performance Upgrade Socket
OverDrive II Performance Upgrade Socket: This socket can host the
following processors: i487 SX - i486 DX2 - Overdrive Processor P24T
Mad River Module This board is soldered on the motherboard and performs
the following functions:
- Memory control
- CPU memory interfaceU
- DMA control
- MicroChannel control
Galaxy I/O controller. This component integrates the following functions:
- Microchannel interface for internal peripherals
- Interrupt control
- Timer
- Keyboard and mouse control
- Real time clock and CMOS logic control
- Serial (COM1 and COM2) and parallel interface
- 82077 floppy disk controller support
- EPROM control
Socket for the secondary level cache module
NCR53C700-66 SCSI controller
82077SL-1 Floppy disk controller
ATI 68800 SuperVGA controller
BT481 Video RAM DAC
ATI-18811 Video programmable clock generator
ICD2027 System programmable clock generator
BIOS Flash EPROM
EYE Allows tests to be run on the video subsystem
RTC DS1387 CMOS Real Time Clock

OPERATING SYSTEMS NOTES
IBM DISK Operating System, DOS 3.3X, 4.XX, 5.XX and later
Olivetti OS/2, from version 1.3 upd 2, 20.0
IBM Operating System/2 standard edition, Ver. 1.1,
1.2, 1.3 and later
IBM Operating System/2 Extended Edition, Ver. 1.1, 1.3 and later
OS/2 Presentation Manager Standard and extended edition
SCO OSF/Motif presentation manager
IBM AIX 1.1
SCO UNIX System V/386 3.2 Ver. 2 for MCA
IBM OS/2 LAN Server and Requestor
Olinet LAN Manager 1.1, 2.0
Novell Netware 386, Novell advanced netware
Windows 3.0 and later
IBM PC LAN Program

On 8/15/2016 15:19, WBSTClarke wrote:
> On Monday, 15 August 2016 18:18:12 UTC+1, Louis Ohland  wrote:
>> http://www.ebay.com/itm/331865436604
>>
>> BIN
>>
>> Solent Spares, dunno if this is MCA, it is a Reply board, however...
>
> Looks like a 32-bit MCA-bus riser would be needed. The real question is would it fit a Model 56/57 chassis?
>
> Possibly from an Olivetti M6-560:
> http://ps-2.kev009.com/basil.holloway/ALL%20TXT/33284.txt
> 3-slot MCA riser according to:
> http://www.retrocomputing.net/parts/olivetti/M6_suprema/cap3.pdf