Auction: Vintage IBM PC PS/2 Model 90 486 Computer

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230208268007

Current bid: US $9.99
End time: Jan-06-08 10:49:07 PST (2 days 22 hours)
Ships to: United States, Canada
Item location: Pearland, Texas, United States

This auction is for an IBM PS/2 Model 90 486.  These computers were built to
last.  This one is in perfect working order, other than minor scratches and
scuffs it might have aquired during it's life.
Model-Type: IBM PS/2 Model 90 486 8590-0L9
Processor: Intel 486SX 25Mhz
Video: XGA (512KB)
RAM: 8MB
Hard Drive: SCSI 400MB
Floppy Drive: 2.88MB
Expansion Bus: Microchannel (2 slots available)
   1. IBM SCSI Adapter/A (SPOCK)
   2. IBM M-Motion Video Adapter (w/daughter card)
Operating System: IBM DOS 5.00 / Microsoft Windows 3.1
Special: Keys still taped to back!

No affiliation

--
Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki
The information contained in this post is copyright the poster

0
JWR

Looks good.

JWR wrote:
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230208268007
>
> Current bid: US $9.99
> End time: Jan-06-08 10:49:07 PST (2 days 22 hours)
> Ships to: United States, Canada
> Item location: Pearland, Texas, United States
>
> This auction is for an IBM PS/2 Model 90 486.  These computers were built to
> last.  This one is in perfect working order, other than minor scratches and
> scuffs it might have aquired during it's life.
> Model-Type: IBM PS/2 Model 90 486 8590-0L9
> Processor: Intel 486SX 25Mhz
> Video: XGA (512KB)
> RAM: 8MB
> Hard Drive: SCSI 400MB
> Floppy Drive: 2.88MB
> Expansion Bus: Microchannel (2 slots available)
>    1. IBM SCSI Adapter/A (SPOCK)
>    2. IBM M-Motion Video Adapter (w/daughter card)
> Operating System: IBM DOS 5.00 / Microsoft Windows 3.1
> Special: Keys still taped to back!
>

> No affiliation

0
Louis
1/3/2008 8:38:36 PM
Louis Ohland wrote:
> Looks good.
>
> JWR wrote:
>
>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230208268007

Paint me purple and call me Barney, that looks like an M-Motion card in
the middle slot.
0
Jim
1/4/2008 4:53:24 AM
Jim Shorney wrote:
> Louis Ohland wrote:
>
>> Looks good.
>>
>> JWR wrote:
>>
>>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230208268007
>

> Paint me purple and call me Barney, that looks like an M-Motion card in
> the middle slot.

That's what I get for nor reading completely, it sez so right there...

What Windoze 3.x software works with the M-Motion? I've still got one of
these with the cable.

    http://www.jlaforums.com
0
Jim
1/4/2008 4:58:42 AM
> That's what I get for nor reading completely, it sez so right there...
>
> What Windoze 3.x software works with the M-Motion? I've still got one of
> these with the cable.

This computer is from Space Center Houston.   It was used to drive a
simulator.  It was decommissioned in 1999 or so.  The software they used is
still on the hard disk.  This one doesn't have windows, but rather has a DOS
program that runs as a space shuttle simulator.  It didn't have the cables
with it unfortunately.

--Daniel

> --
> The information contained in this post is copyright the
> poster, and specifically may not be published in, or used by
>    http://www.jlaforums.com

0
Daniel
1/5/2008 6:17:10 PM
Hi Daniel,
> This computer is from Space Center Houston. It was used to drive a
> simulator. It was decommissioned in 1999 or so. The software they used is
> still on the hard disk. This one doesn't have windows, but rather has a
> DOS program that runs as a space shuttle simulator. It didn't have the
> cables with it unfortunately.
     My Gearbox 800 was also from the Johnson Space Center. Not really that
much of idea what it was used for, but it did have Windows 3.1 installed.
Had a serial number of 002 (the Gearboxes were serialized specifically for
the customer at the time of sale), so there is supposed to be at least
another "one" around.
                     David
                     David@IBMMuseum.com

0
David
1/5/2008 7:05:23 PM
Daniel Hamilton wrote:

> This computer is from Space Center Houston.   It was used to drive a
> simulator.  It was decommissioned in 1999 or so.  The software they used
> is still on the hard disk.  This one doesn't have windows, but rather
> has a DOS program that runs as a space shuttle simulator.  It didn't
> have the cables with it unfortunately.

OK, now I'm interested. I don't suppose that it still has a space center
asset tag attached?

    http://www.jlaforums.com
0
Jim