Auction: Vintage IBM Personal System/2 Model 65 SX PS/2 8565

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160100369637

End time: Apr-02-07 11:42:37 PDT (5 days 21 hours)
Ships to: United States
Item location: Potsdam, NY, United States

No affiliation

Seems to have an internal 2400 modem
8565-121

--
Jelte
The information contained in this post is copyright the poster

0
JWR

Thanks for the link, I put a bid in.

Looks like it will need a DS1287 and the (DS1225?) NVRAM. At this
point in time, I'm finding that less and less of these can be
"revived" with use.

William

0
wm_walsh
3/28/2007 1:24:50 PM
Hi William !

> Thanks for the link, I put a bid in.

Potsdam, eh ?
There's a city of the same name in Germany.
Famous, if you're in history.
South of Berlin. Some of my relatives live there.

> Looks like it will need a DS1287 and the (DS1225?) NVRAM.

1287's can be reworked .... ;-)
If still in place. No reason to pull the 1225 anyway.

Interesting machine in fact. No 387SX.
Tribble "patch-infested" SCSI,
2-8MB 80286 memory expansion
MP-Async adapter as it seems.

What's the adapter with the two 45� rotated ferrite transformers ?
The resistor array packs and orange buffer caps make it look IBM-ish.
PC Network adapter ? Or a Modem ? (Probably a relay towards the rear,
accompanied by two TO-220-like transistors / voltage regulators)

> At this
> point in time, I'm finding that less and less of these can be
> "revived" with use.

Too much custom chips after 1995. Too much SMD, which is somewhat uneasy
to handle for "the lesser inspired" and harder to repair with simple
tools. That's why I turned to tubes again in a way.
Not entirely of course.

--
Very friendly greetings from Peter in Germany
http://members.aol.com/mcapage0/mcaindex.htm

*** Reply to: peterwendt@aol.com only ! ***
0
Peter
3/29/2007 8:40:10 PM
Hi!

> Potsdam, eh ?
> There's a city of the same name in Germany.
> Famous, if you're in history.
> South of Berlin. Some of my relatives live there.

Are any of your relatives into PS/2ing (and computers) in general?

(None of mine are, so I go it alone. They do know what to look for though,
if they are ever where old computers might be sold or given away.)

> 1287's can be reworked .... ;-)
> If still in place. No reason to pull the 1225 anyway.

I've been trying to do just that and so far the results haven't been good.
I've killed all of the ones I tried. It's not a battery or solder
problem...I seem to be having problems with the chip surviving the opening
up.

I notice the 1225 is a SRAM and thought that it had a battery inside due to
the size of the module. Do they ever run down?

> Interesting machine in fact. No 387SX.
> Tribble "patch-infested" SCSI,
> 2-8MB 80286 memory expansion
> MP-Async adapter as it seems.

I might have a 387SX for it, most of my "herd" have math co-processors. I
also have some of the late short uncached SCSI adapters.

> What's the adapter with the two 45� rotated ferrite transformers ?

I wish that I knew. If I win the bid, we will all find out. I will take
pictures and maybe even outline it.

> Too much custom chips after 1995.

I was thinking of the DS1220/1287 combo when I said that. A few years ago,
it seemed that just having the computer powered up (and therefore taking the
load off the NVRAM battery?) would revive these. Today, it seems that the
ones from the late 80s (88 datecodes on the ones I have) are certifiably
dead. Most of the ones from the 90s that have been sitting (mine have
mid-1991 datecodes) for several years are also flat. Not that I could
complain...modules from 1988 would almost be doubling the stated lifetime of
the internal battery per Dallas Semiconductor.

William

0
William
3/29/2007 10:37:44 PM
Hi Peter,

"Peter H. Wendt" <peterwendt@aol.com> schreef in bericht
> Hi William !
>
>> Thanks for the link, I put a bid in.
>
> Potsdam, eh ?
> There's a city of the same name in Germany.
> Famous, if you're in history.
> South of Berlin. Some of my relatives live there.
>
>> Looks like it will need a DS1287 and the (DS1225?) NVRAM.
>
> 1287's can be reworked .... ;-)
> If still in place. No reason to pull the 1225 anyway.
>
> Interesting machine in fact. No 387SX.
> Tribble "patch-infested" SCSI,
> 2-8MB 80286 memory expansion

with one of four simm-slots filled.

> MP-Async adapter as it seems.
>
> What's the adapter with the two 45� rotated ferrite transformers ?
> The resistor array packs and orange buffer caps make it look IBM-ish.
> PC Network adapter ? Or a Modem ? (Probably a relay towards the rear,
> accompanied by two TO-220-like transistors / voltage regulators)

Could it be a modem? Look at the two pictures of the backside :
* one features a sticker (hanging on by the fingernails; would be surprised
if it survives the shipping!) saying something like
printer (Ed. don't see an auction for it)
modem 2400 credit card's (Ed. the first two words are clear; the second two
are doubtful to say the least...)
open (Ed. that's obvious on one of the other pictures)
* the other, featuring the slotcovers, shows a sticker on slot-2 saying 1-2
FCC CLASS A SEE MANUAL
also featuring a RJ-plug of sorts with four contacts and a red
reset-button(?), which is also vaguely visible on the picture showing the
interior.

>> At this
>> point in time, I'm finding that less and less of these can be
>> "revived" with use.
>
> Too much custom chips after 1995. Too much SMD, which is somewhat uneasy
> to handle for "the lesser inspired" and harder to repair with simple
> tools. That's why I turned to tubes again in a way.
> Not entirely of course.
>
> --
> Very friendly greetings from Peter in Germany
> http://members.aol.com/mcapage0/mcaindex.htm
>
> *** Reply to: peterwendt@aol.com only ! ***

--
Jelte
The information contained in this post is copyright the poster
and specifically may not be published in, or used by
   http://www.jlaforums.com

0
JWR
3/30/2007 9:03:42 AM
Hi William !

> Are any of your relatives into PS/2ing (and computers) in general?
>
> (None of mine are, so I go it alone. They do know what to look for though,
> if they are ever where old computers might be sold or given away.)

None of my relatives are in computers at all.
I'm the black sheep of the family. (but can live with it ...)

>>1287's can be reworked .... ;-)
>>If still in place. No reason to pull the 1225 anyway.
>

> I've been trying to do just that and so far the results haven't been good.
> I've killed all of the ones I tried. It's not a battery or solder
> problem...I seem to be having problems with the chip surviving the opening
> up.

Strange enough.
I got reports already from a few people that did manage to do it.
Using a sharp saw vertically down the chip side should do the most.
Disconnecting the old battery is the only true "act of violence".

> I notice the 1225 is a SRAM and thought that it had a battery inside due to
> the size of the module. Do they ever run down?

They have - and do run down too.
Nothing lasts forever. There are a lot compatibles and spares, since it
is "just battery backed RAM".

>>Interesting machine in fact. No 387SX.
>>Tribble "patch-infested" SCSI,
>>2-8MB 80286 memory expansion
>>MP-Async adapter as it seems.
>

> I might have a 387SX for it, most of my "herd" have math co-processors. I
> also have some of the late short uncached SCSI adapters.

Methinks that the thin overall performance of the 386SX could use a
387SX as well as a faster SCSI adapter. Ever thought about using a
"Patriot" instead ? Just for the snorts & giggles & the advantage of a
standard external plug ?

>>What's the adapter with the two 45� rotated ferrite transformers ?
>

> I wish that I knew. If I win the bid, we will all find out. I will take
> pictures and maybe even outline it.

I think it is the dreaded IBM internal Modem (E016) - it looks like the
thing I vaguely remember. Germany wasn't a good place for analogue
internal MCA modems anyway. People preferred ISDN cards (Eicon DIVA,
Teles S0 or AVM B1 active) *when and if* they needed to go out via
dial-line. Other than that they used the MPA / dual async cards and
external boxes.

>>Too much custom chips after 1995.
>

> I was thinking of the DS1220/1287 combo when I said that. A few years ago,
> it seemed that just having the computer powered up (and therefore taking the
> load off the NVRAM battery?) would revive these. Today, it seems that the
> ones from the late 80s (88 datecodes on the ones I have) are certifiably
> dead. Most of the ones from the 90s that have been sitting (mine have
> mid-1991 datecodes) for several years are also flat. Not that I could
> complain...modules from 1988 would almost be doubling the stated lifetime of
> the internal battery per Dallas Semiconductor.

As far as I can tell the one chip I revived with an external battery is
from 1990. In theory *all* of those chips should be reviveable - except
the internal cell has corroded and soiled the underlying chip - but I
truely doubt that. The chip inside a DS1287 is a fully vested (and
hermitically sealed) DS1285 with some pins bended upwards + xtal +
battery atop. Nothing that would die that easy ...

--
Very friendly greetings from Peter in Germany
http://members.aol.com/mcapage0/mcaindex.htm

*** Reply to: peterwendt@aol.com only ! ***
0
Peter
3/30/2007 6:06:19 PM
Hi Jelte !

> Could it be a modem? Look at the two pictures of the backside :
> * one features a sticker (hanging on by the fingernails; would be surprised
> if it survives the shipping!) saying something like
> printer (Ed. don't see an auction for it)
> modem 2400 credit card's (Ed. the first two words are clear; the second two
> are doubtful to say the least...)
> open (Ed. that's obvious on one of the other pictures)
> * the other, featuring the slotcovers, shows a sticker on slot-2 saying 1-2
> FCC CLASS A SEE MANUAL
> also featuring a RJ-plug of sorts with four contacts and a red
> reset-button(?), which is also vaguely visible on the picture showing the
> interior.

I think it is the E016 IBM internal modem.
I must confess that I only looked at the big inside picture and -after
writing and sending the reply- found the backside picture.
Umph. Silly me.

These internal modems are way typical american. In Europe people prefer
external modems I think. Easier to debug, easier to replace and they
come with interesting looking flashing lights on the front ... something
to impress friends and neighbors :-)

(However: only few girls found that interesting or sexy ... I tried it
out and it did not work.)

--
Very friendly greetings from Peter in Germany
http://members.aol.com/mcapage0/mcaindex.htm

*** Reply to: peterwendt@aol.com only ! ***
0
Peter
3/30/2007 6:12:06 PM
Hi!

(DS1287 rework)
> Strange enough.

I have no doubt that sooner or later I will get it. It is so far just
a case of "practice, practice, practice".

> Ever thought about using a "Patriot" instead?

I'll bet it would work, there's nothing special that I can see to stop
me. I wonder, though, about using an adapter that runs on PIO and must
have the host CPU doing all the work for it. The late short uncached
SCSI/A seems to be very fast when hooked up to a fairly new hard
drive. It does better than the latest three oscillator cached SCSI/A
in the tests I ran.

Cables aren't too much of a problem. Nicopoy helped me get more IBM RS/
6000 SCSI cables.

> I think it is the dreaded IBM internal Modem
> (E016) - it looks like the thing I vaguely
> remember.

http://greyghost.dyndns.org/mcastuff/ibm3001200/ ?

That one came to me new in the box several years ago. It even smelled
new. I put it in a Lacuna-based 9576 and actually did use it a few
times. For being such an old adapter, it did a great job. The transfer
rate was slow, but it never hiccuped when being driven by a fast
system with a POD83 in place.

I've never even seen an ISDN adapter. My understanding is that they
transfer data more quickly than even 56K modems (isn't a single ISDN
line supposed to equal 64Kbit/sec transfer rates?) but I have never
watched one work either.

> the internal cell has corroded and soiled
> the underlying chip - but I truely doubt
> that.

It's quite well protected, or at least it was in the modules that I
explored until I broke them the rest of the way open. I thought it was
curious that Dallas Semiconductor went to the trouble of printing
anything on the face of the hidden DS1285 chip inside the 1287.

William

0
wm_walsh
3/30/2007 6:45:07 PM
Hi William !

(You seem to be at home & writing ... I was close tp phone you ... ;-)
.... but have no phonenumber at hand.)

> (DS1287 rework)
>
>>Strange enough.
>

> I have no doubt that sooner or later I will get it. It is so far just
> a case of "practice, practice, practice".

Most likely - yes.
The lot is just handling and training. I'm in that electronics business
for almost 40 years.

>>Ever thought about using a "Patriot" instead?
>

> I'll bet it would work, there's nothing special that I can see to stop
> me. I wonder, though, about using an adapter that runs on PIO and must
> have the host CPU doing all the work for it. The late short uncached
> SCSI/A seems to be very fast when hooked up to a fairly new hard
> drive. It does better than the latest three oscillator cached SCSI/A
> in the tests I ran.

True - one point for the short uncached, but my major point was the
standard external port.

> Cables aren't too much of a problem. Nicopoy helped me get more IBM RS/
> 6000 SCSI cables.
>

>>I think it is the dreaded IBM internal Modem
>>(E016) - it looks like the thing I vaguely
>>remember.
>

> http://greyghost.dyndns.org/mcastuff/ibm3001200/ ?
>
> That one came to me new in the box several years ago. It even smelled
> new. I put it in a Lacuna-based 9576 and actually did use it a few
> times. For being such an old adapter, it did a great job. The transfer
> rate was slow, but it never hiccuped when being driven by a fast
> system with a POD83 in place.

Looks different to what is in that named machine - and also different to
what I (think to) recall.

> I've never even seen an ISDN adapter. My understanding is that they
> transfer data more quickly than even 56K modems (isn't a single ISDN
> line supposed to equal 64Kbit/sec transfer rates?) but I have never
> watched one work either.

I have the active AVM B1 ISDN with the Inmos transputer chip in that
machine. 2 x 64 Kbit channels, can be bundled for faster transfer, but
then you cannot phone on that line at the same time. I use one 64K
channel *and* have access to the phone.

>>the internal cell has corroded and soiled
>>the underlying chip - but I truely doubt
>>that.
>

> It's quite well protected, or at least it was in the modules that I
> explored until I broke them the rest of the way open. I thought it was
> curious that Dallas Semiconductor went to the trouble of printing
> anything on the face of the hidden DS1285 chip inside the 1287.

Hehehe. And ? Did they ? I think so, since the 1285s had been produced
in a regular manner as well before their assembly line branched to the
the "stick and glue" department within Dalsemi Co. .... wonder if they
were surprised *where* their journey ended :-)

--
Very friendly greetings from Peter in Germany
http://members.aol.com/mcapage0/mcaindex.htm

*** Reply to: peterwendt@aol.com only ! ***
0
Peter
3/30/2007 7:29:04 PM
In article <460d52ec$0$2280$9b622d9e@news.freenet.de>,
"Peter H. Wendt" <peterwendt@aol.com> wrote:

>These internal modems are way typical american. In Europe people prefer
>external modems I think. Easier to debug, easier to replace and they
>come with interesting looking flashing lights on the front ... something
>to impress friends and neighbors :-)

The official IBM reason was that type-approval was too hard to get over so
many different countries. Plus at that time, some countries did not allow
3rd party modems, you had to rent a modem from the telco.

--
Don Hills    (dmhills at attglobaldotnet)     Wellington, New Zealand
 preparing you for the wonders of OS/2!"

>>These internal modems are way typical american. In Europe people prefer
>>external modems I think. Easier to debug, easier to replace and they
>>come with interesting looking flashing lights on the front ... something
>>to impress friends and neighbors :-)
>

> The official IBM reason was that type-approval was too hard to get over so
> many different countries. Plus at that time, some countries did not allow
> 3rd party modems, you had to rent a modem from the telco.

True - I almost forgot about "the good old days" .... which weren't that
good in many respects.

Back in the early 80 a friend and I built our own modems from the "world
modem chip" (I think it was the AMD7912 - not to interchange with the
voltage regulator) and we had to hide it, since the german Bundespost
(todays Telekom) had set out draconic punishments for the possession and
use of direct coupled modem gear. I ran mine with the Sinclair ZX
Spectrum and a self-written terminal software. Ah. Fond memories.

--
Very friendly greetings from Peter in Germany
http://members.aol.com/mcapage0/mcaindex.htm

*** Reply to: peterwendt@aol.com only ! ***
0
Peter
3/31/2007 6:40:54 PM

> Hi Jelte !
>
>> Could it be a modem? Look at the two pictures of the backside :
>> * one features a sticker (hanging on by the fingernails; would be
>> surprised if it survives the shipping!) saying something like
>> printer (Ed. don't see an auction for it)
>> modem 2400 credit card's (Ed. the first two words are clear; the second
>> two are doubtful to say the least...)
>> open (Ed. that's obvious on one of the other pictures)
>> * the other, featuring the slotcovers, shows a sticker on slot-2 saying
>> 1-2 FCC CLASS A SEE MANUAL
>> also featuring a RJ-plug of sorts with four contacts and a red
>> reset-button(?), which is also vaguely visible on the picture showing the
>> interior.
>
> I think it is the E016 IBM internal modem.
> I must confess that I only looked at the big inside picture and -after
> writing and sending the reply- found the backside picture.

Well, we'll wait while William wagers a wet, sorry : a bet. Too many
dubya's...
He's still the only bidder, so let's keep our fingers crossed.

> Umph. Silly me.

Umph? Maybe. Silly? Nope.

> These internal modems are way typical american. In Europe people prefer
> external modems I think. Easier to debug, easier to replace and they come
> with interesting looking flashing lights on the front ... something to
> impress friends and neighbors :-)

I suppose I'm a typical European then.... I just do _not_ like internal
modems. Or maybe they just don't like me. Anyway, I've had so many problems
getting internal modems to work properly, that I still prefer external ones.
In fact I'm sitting next to a W98SE machine, connected to the world through
a Philips 28k8 modem. Works like a charm (well, a slow charm...). Never
fails.

IIRC I have an IBM 7855 modem (with full manual) stashed away somewhere.
Worked very well. Only annoying feature was that it complied to Dutch law
rather strictly. After dialling a number three times in quick succession
(e.g. when the line was busy), the modem automatically blocked dialling the
same number again for the next 5-10 minutes. Remember this was in the
BBS-era and they didn't always have multple phonelines available, so busy
lines occurred rather frequently.

> (However: only few girls found that interesting or sexy ... I tried it out
> and it did not work.)

Never had try that to myself. Got married long before a modem entered my
house ;-))

> --
> Very friendly greetings from Peter in Germany
> http://members.aol.com/mcapage0/mcaindex.htm
>
> *** Reply to: peterwendt@aol.com only ! ***

--
Jelte
The information contained in this post is copyright the poster
and specifically may not be published in, or used by
   http://www.jlaforums.com

0
JWR
3/31/2007 8:28:07 PM
Hi Jelte !

> Well, we'll wait while William wagers a wet, sorry : a bet. Too many
> dubya's...
> He's still the only bidder, so let's keep our fingers crossed.

Haven't tracked yet. But it would be nice if he gets it.

> I suppose I'm a typical European then.... I just do _not_ like internal
> modems. Or maybe they just don't like me. Anyway, I've had so many problems
> getting internal modems to work properly, that I still prefer external ones.
> In fact I'm sitting next to a W98SE machine, connected to the world through
> a Philips 28k8 modem. Works like a charm (well, a slow charm...). Never
> fails.

I started with an Epson acoustic-coupler back then.
Followed by the homemade 300/600 bd modem, followed by a 2400 bd modem
made in Taiwan (not homologated in anywhere at all), followed by a
Lightspeed 9600, Dr. Neuhaus Fury (various: 9600 / 14400 / 28800) ...
The last one I really bought was a USR Courier 28800.

That worked until I got ISDN and the Elsa Microlink ISDN and the (funny
enough) internal AVM B1 MCA "rocket" with the INMOS Transputer chip.
Using the latter one up to now. Right now.
It was a 4.500 DM card in 1988 and I have some of them as spares.

> IIRC I have an IBM 7855 modem (with full manual) stashed away somewhere.
> Worked very well. Only annoying feature was that it complied to Dutch law
> rather strictly. After dialling a number three times in quick succession
> (e.g. when the line was busy), the modem automatically blocked dialling the
> same number again for the next 5-10 minutes. Remember this was in the
> BBS-era and they didn't always have multple phonelines available, so busy
> lines occurred rather frequently.

Same with the Fury modems.
But using the AT-command and changing the settings of the internal
registers (and storing the changes !) fixed that misbehaviour.

>>(However: only few girls found that interesting or sexy ... I tried it out
>>and it did not work.)
>

> Never had try that to myself. Got married long before a modem entered my
> house ;-))

So you are married for 30 years already ?
:-D

--
Very friendly greetings from Peter in Germany
http://members.aol.com/mcapage0/mcaindex.htm

*** Reply to: peterwendt@aol.com only ! ***
0
Peter

Auction: VINTAGE IBM 70 386 PS/2 PERSONAL SYSTEM/2 DESKTOP #2
http://search.ebay.com/170093935704 End time: Mar-28-07 10:17:06 PDT Florida. Does not come with pink flamingos. A16 (160 million bytes/25MHz Hi! > http://search.ebay.com/170093935704 My experience with this seller and a Model 35SLC (that I'd still like to know more about--and if anyone else here has one) was great. The unit was well packed and accurately advertised. Maybe I'll go after this system. Model 70 with a 160MB hard disk is pretty useful. William ...

Auction: IBM Personal System/2 Computer Model 25 286 PS/2
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-Personal-System-2-Computer-Model-25-286-PS-2_W0QQitemZ8712479777QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< Ends Oct-28-05 18:35:00 PDT ...

Auction: VINTAGE IBM 70 386 PS/2 PERSONAL SYSTEM/2 DESKTOP
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170083249814 $49.99 starting bid. Ends Feb-26-07, 11:25:12 PST. Located in Longwood, FL. Ships worldwide. 8570-A16 This should be a 25MHz unit. (Tim O'Connor, are you out there? Here's your chance...) "This Auction is for ONE USED IBM 70 386 Personal System/2 desktop computer. Description: This Vintage IBM Personal System/2 is in decent condition with some stubborn tape residue, a few marker markings and other marking on the frame of the unit. The unit powers on and was tested with a computer monitor, however, ...

Auction: VINTAGE IBM 70 386 PS/2 PERSONAL SYSTEM/2 DESKTOP #3
Folks, I believe the -A16 was the 25MHz model. http://search.ebay.com/170097276422 End time: Apr-07-07 09:34:50 PDT "Louis Ohland" <ohland@charter.net> schreef in bericht news:l2FPh.49$TQ7.34@newsfe03.lga... > Folks, I believe the -A16 was the 25MHz model. > > http://search.ebay.com/170097276422 > End time: Apr-07-07 09:34:50 PDT Correct : model 8570-A16 type PS/2 Model 70 386 announce 11-06-1991 price 6445 withdraw 23-02-1993 bus MCA32 slot 3 bay 3 processor ...

Auction: NOS IBM Personal System/2 Model 80 PS/2 Intel 80386
Here's something you don't see very often... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250176278569 Current bid: US $0.99 (Reserve not met) End time: Oct-22-07 10:03:41 PDT (5 days 20 hours) Ships to: Worldwide Item location: Hayward, California, United States Here is a BRAND NEW IBM Personal System/2 Model 80! This is still sealed in its original box and has never been opened! No affiliation -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be publish...

Auction: Vintage IBM PS/2 Model 56 SX Type: 8556 Computer #2
>http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-IBM-PS-2-Model-56-SX-Type-8556-Computer_W0QQitemZ8763178274QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< Ends Feb-14-06 18:32:36 PST Vintage IBM PS/2 Model 56 SX Type: 8556 Computer http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8763178274 End time: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 at 6:32:36 PM Pacific Standard Time Already commented before the system was relisted that it lacks RAM & has a 386SLC, 486SLC2, or 486SLC3 upgrade daughtercard. David David@IBMMuseum.com ...

Auction: VINTAGE IBM 70 386 PS/2 PERSONAL SYSTEM/2 DESKTOP #4
http://search.ebay.com/170097276422 25MHz 8570, priced right. If nobody bids, I'm planning to. Ends Apr-07-07 9:34:50 PDT. Ships worldwide, located in Longwood, FL USA. This is showing a POST error of 162, so it probably is new battery time. I purchased an 8535 SLC (!!) from this seller and it came to me in pretty good shape. Otherwise I have no affiliation with the seller. William ...

Auction: IBM PS/2 L40 SX PS-2 Vintage Computer
L40SX are always interesting... http://search.ebay.com/320196297042 Starting bid of $39.95. $25.00 shipping and gouging to the US only. Located in Dallas, TX USA. Ends Dec-20-07, 15:04:25 PST (3 days, 5 five hours). Money order, cashier's check, credit card, PayPal, 14 day hold on personal checks. Item is for sale outside of eBay as well (is that allowed?) and the listing may end if it isn't bid on. No affiliation. William ...

Auction: 2 Vintage IBM PS/2 L40 SX Laptops Impress Your Friends! #2
Well, they are pretty nifty little machines and the display panel does very well in the sunlight... At least one has a battery and a missing port door (not too odd, it seems). http://search.ebay.com/160122380639 Starting bid of $9.95. Ends Jun-05-07, 18:30:00 PDT (6 days, 4 hours). Located in Harrisburg, PA. Ships to US and Canada. $25 shipping and gouging to the US. No affiliation. William ...

Auction (Attention Australia!): VINTAGE IBM PS/2 SYSTEM MODEL 55 SX + HARD DISK
http://search.ebay.com/220147856145 Starting bid of AU$15. Ends Sep-17-07 00:47:08 PDT (3 days, 16 hours) Ships Worldwide, located in South West Goulburn, VIC, Australia. No affiliation. Needs its Dallas module reworked. Seller says that a matching monitor is available. William ...

[auction US->WW] Vintage IBM PS/2 Model 65SX motherboard 67F1444 65 SX
<http://search.ebay.com/290089783763> [Ends march 9th, 2007] A quick google tells me: 57F1444IBM 8565 SYSTEM BOARD 386SX-16 57F1444 The seller has some other IBM stuff, not PS/2 as far as I know, for those interested. Alvin. ...

Auction: IBM Video Capture Adapter / A for IBM Personal System/2 #2
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-Video-Capture-Adapter-A-for-IBM-Personal-System-2_W0QQitemZ5166911589QQcategoryZ3761QQcmdZViewItem< BIN Sealed in box, includes cables. 13 available. ...

Auction: IBM PS/2E MODEL GB9 486 SX PS/2 VINTAGE
http://search.ebay.com/250642112634 Jun 06, 201014:18:45 PDT This system is NOT offered by Ardent-Blue, this notification is just that. IBM ps/2e computer. Built in 1992. Works good . Has DOS 6.22 and windows 3.1 installed. INCLUDES BIOS setup disk. 486 SX 16 MEG RAM. 327MB hard drive Measures 12 x 12 x 2.75 weighs about 10 pounds. SHIPPING TO LOWER 48 STATES ONLY!!! ...

Auction: Rare Vintage IBM PS/2 Model 76 486 #2
<http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Vintage-IBM-PS-2-Model-76-486_W0QQitemZ330087229483QQihZ014QQcategoryZ4193QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> End time: Feb-17-07 02:21:06 PST S&H may not be to your tastes. Item in Connecticut. Louis Ohland wrote: > <http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Vintage-IBM-PS-2-Model-76-486_W0QQitemZ330087229483QQihZ014QQcategoryZ4193QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> > End time: Feb-17-07 02:21:06 PST > > S&H may not be to your tastes. Item in Connecticut. Louis: You dropped your copyright notice from http://ps-2.kev009.com: 8081/ohlandl/. Was that intentional? ...

Auction: IBM PS/2 Model 80 386 OS/2 SCSI Keyboard Mouse PS/2 TV
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220111146098 Starting bid: US $10.00 End time: May-15-07 08:07:28 PDT (4 days 19 hours) Shipping costs: US $55.00 Ships to: United States Item location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States This is a working PS/2 system with everything except the VGA monitor: PS/2 8580 386 with 120MB SCSI Hard Drive and Floppy Disk, 12MB RAM) IBM Model M keyboard (which is new) and mouse (original) IBM PS/2 TV Unit with power supply. A rare option, allows for viewing and tuning TV PIP on the desktop. OS/2 is installed on the machine (and work...

Auction: Rare Vintage IBM PS/2 Model 90 XP 486 #2
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200134708152 BIN price: US $95.00 or Best Offer Immediate payment required Shipping costs: US $48.00 US Postal Service Parcel Post� Ships to: United States Item location: Broad Brook, CT, United States Collectible IBM PS2 computer Model 90 in good working condition and appearance for its age. This seller also has on offer (sorry, no pictures): Rare Vintage IBM PS/2 Model 30 286 Computer http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200134925861 Rare Vintage IBM PS/2 Model 30 286 Computer http://cgi.ebay....

Auction: 2 Vintage IBM PS/2 L40 SX Laptops Impress Your Friends!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160113483538 Starting bid: US $9.95 End time: May-10-07 18:30:00 PDT (6 days 9 hours) Ships to: United States, Canada Item location: Harrisburg, PA, United States "we don't have AC adapters for these, so they're completely untested and sold as-is" Features: CPU: Unknown Hard Drive: Unknown Memory: Unknown LCD: Appear to be in very nice shape Ports (each): * PS/2 * Parallel * Serial * VGA * Some long, thin port that we think is a docking port of some sort Drives: 1.44MB Floppy ...

Auction: IBM Personal System 2 Model 502 Vintage Powers Up
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-Personal-System-2-Model-502-Vintage-Powers-Up_W0QQitemZ290020507051QQihZ019QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< End time: Aug-24-06 16:08:02 PDT On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 13:31:35 UTC, Louis Ohland <ohland@charter.net> wrote: -> >http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-Personal-System-2-Model-502-Vintage-Powers-Up_W0QQitemZ290020507051QQihZ019QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< -> End time: Aug-24-06 16:08:02 PDT Any idea what a PS/2 Model 502 is? Only Model 502 I could find mentioned was really a 50Z. so is that just a variant of the 50z? M...

Auction: IBM 8580 Personal System/2 Model 80 Vintage!
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-8580-Personal-System-2-Model-80-Vintage_W0QQitemZ280037250616QQihZ018QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item280037250616#ebayphotohosting< End time: Oct-18-06 10:45:35 PDT Type 8580-041 Looks clean inside. Has ESDI controller, I think. Louis Ohland wrote: > >http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-8580-Personal-System-2-Model-80-Vintage_W0QQitemZ280037250616QQihZ018QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item280037250616#ebayphotohosting< > End time: Oct-18-06 10:45:35 PDT > > Type 8580-041 > > Looks clean inside. Has ESDI contr...

Auction: VINTAGE IBM LAPTOP- PS/2 MODEL L40 SX
This one is in much better shape and has the power adapter with it. It also comes with an internal modem, for whatever that might be worth. http://search.ebay.com/190146742105 Ships worldwide, located in Thornton, CO USA. $9.99 starting bid, $55 (!) Buy It Now, $13 shipping to the US. Ends Aug-31-07 20:05:04 (!) 2 days, 10 hours No affiliation. William ...

Auction: Vintage Rare IBM AIX PS/2 Operating System Ver. 1.2.1
<http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Rare-IBM-AIX-PS-2-Operating-System-Ver-1-2-1_W0QQitemZ220065784490QQihZ012QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> End time: Jan-03-07 15:32:34 PST Starts at 99 cents, BIN is 70$ Looks like the basic install, and a few other modules. Louis Ohland wrote: > <http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Rare-IBM-AIX-PS-2-Operating-System-Ver-1-2-1_W0QQitemZ220065784490QQihZ012QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> > End time: Jan-03-07 15:32:34 PST > > Starts at 99 cents, BIN is 70$ OK, I put a marker bid in on it, if anyone else wants it, the next ...

IBM Personal System/2 Model 65 Heavily Expanded, Works! (auction)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=74946&item=5144704045 Ends Dec-06-04 19:21:37 PST > > > This is a IBM PS/2 65 Type 8565 expanded with the following: > > * 4 MB of RAM > * IBM 15F6561 SCSI Adapter Card > * IBM 6128268 120 MB SCSI Hard Drive > * Maxtor MXT-540S 540 MB SCSI Hard Drive (Manufactured for IBM, IBM Part Number 17G3180) > * Orchid RamQuest Extra 16/32 Card with 8 MB Installed > * Corel LS2000 MCS SCSI Card > * Kingston MCMaster with Am486 DX2-66 CPU and 8 MB of RAM > ...

Auction: Vintage IBM THINKPAD PS/2 Model L40 SX
Now we're cookin' with gas: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160086707656 Starting bid is $0.01. Looks to be missing some port doors and to have a line in the display. Power brick included. Also has four POST errors (225?, 601 (!), 162 and 161(?)). Still, who could say no for a penny? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160086707656 Ends Feb-24-07 07:01:37 PST. Ships to US or Canada, located in Muskegon, Michigan. No affiliation. William ...

Auction: Vintage Computer IBM Personal System/2 Type 8565-061
>http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Computer-IBM-Personal-System-2-Type-8565-061_W0QQitemZ8766133676QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< Ends Feb-20-06 19:00:26 PST Vintage Computer IBM Personal System/2 Type 8565-061 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8766133676 End time: Monday, February 20, 2006 at 7:00:26 PM Pacific Standard Time ...

Web resources about - Auction: Vintage IBM Personal System/2 Model 65 SX PS/2 8565 - comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware