Auction: vintage ibm ps2 microchannel mca computer mod 90 486

 >http://cgi.ebay.com/vintage-ibm-ps2-microchannel-mca-computer-mod-90-486_W0QQitemZ8784004885QQcategoryZ51096QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem<
End time:	Mar-26-06 14:57:08 PST

..it has a XGA video .it has a;180 mb ;hard drive.with OS2 3.0 and
WINDOWS 3.1 and IBM DOS on it, all three,,it has 16MB RAM,, also a 1.44
MB floppy drive .also it has a 486 33 mhz processor in it.

Ed. My guess is a 160MB SCSI drive, a K complex, and a Spock with cache.
Not sure what level, one, two, or three can, or SCSI BIOS. I could not
bring enough detail out of the image in order to detect the particulars.

Both memory risers and the riser guide are installed.
0
Louis

The seller has a 77 up as well. The descriptions are similar, so the
complex might not be a 486DX-33.

Louis Ohland wrote:
>  >http://cgi.ebay.com/vintage-ibm-ps2-microchannel-mca-computer-mod-90-486_W0QQitemZ8784004885QQcategoryZ51096QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem<
>
> End time:    Mar-26-06 14:57:08 PST
>
> .it has a XGA video .it has a;180 mb ;hard drive.with OS2 3.0 and
> WINDOWS 3.1 and IBM DOS on it, all three,,it has 16MB RAM,, also a 1.44
> MB floppy drive .also it has a 486 33 mhz processor in it.
>
> Ed. My guess is a 160MB SCSI drive, a K complex, and a Spock with cache.
> Not sure what level, one, two, or three can, or SCSI BIOS. I could not
> bring enough detail out of the image in order to detect the particulars.
>
> Both memory risers and the riser guide are installed.
0
Louis
3/20/2006 3:23:38 PM
Louis Ohland wrote:
> The seller has a 77 up as well. The descriptions are similar, so the
> complex might not be a 486DX-33.

Yeah, He actually calls the 90 a 77 at once place.  I think he copied
and pasted...

--Daniel
0
Daniel
3/20/2006 7:28:50 PM
He's got a 95.   A 95% rating.

Dan

0
Dan
3/20/2006 11:42:03 PM
Dan-the K wrote:
> He's got a... 95% rating.

Yeah, but 100% for at least the past year.  A brief analysis looks like
he tried to sell like 200 items or so in summer, 2003, then maybe got
overwhelmed trying to complete the order fulfillment part (packaging,
shipping, trying to keep track of who's supposed to get what and when
and where it is and whatnot).

0
Dan
3/21/2006 12:11:36 AM
Does that machine have the "bad" memory risers, the ones with
plastic-holders?  Looks like a lot of plastic in riser #2.

--Daniel

0
Daniel
3/23/2006 5:39:35 PM
On 23 Mar 2006 09:39:35 -0800, "Daniel" <bitslasher@gmail.com> wrote:

>Does that machine have the "bad" memory risers, the ones with
>plastic-holders?  Looks like a lot of plastic in riser #2.

Anybody needs an 8590 or 9590, I have plenty of them, know how to pack
them, and purchased "near perfect fit" boxes for this purpose.

Other than Daniel got my last CD-ROM bezel, I can configure them most
any way someone would want!
| Charles Lasitter   | Mailing/Shipping   |
| 401/728-1987       | 14 Cooke St        |
| cl+at+ncdm+dot+com | Pawtucket RI 02860 |
Charles