Does the NT 4 OS/2 subsystem support OS/2 network devices?

Tim?
0
Louis

"Louis Ohland" <ohland@charter.net> wrote in message
> Tim?

I don't quite understand the question, but the network adapter drivers will
be NT4's and MS LAN Manager and IBM LAN Server can be made compatible enough
to co-operate in a common Domain, with a few considerations taken into
account. Is that what you mean?
--
Cheers,
    Tim Clarke (a.k.a. WBST)

0
Tim
8/9/2012 10:43:13 PM
Ugh... me hardware guy... no code do I...

Stick network card into NT box... Use OS/2 drivers...

How's that, Tim? I can drag my knuckles on the ground and do some
mouth-breathing if you'd like...

On 8/9/2012 17:43, Tim WBST Clarke wrote:
> "Louis Ohland" <ohland@charter.net> wrote in message
>> Tim?
>
> I don't quite understand the question, but the network adapter drivers
> will be NT4's and MS LAN Manager and IBM LAN Server can be made
> compatible enough to co-operate in a common Domain, with a few
> considerations taken into account. Is that what you mean?

0
Louis
8/9/2012 11:20:48 PM
> Ugh... me hardware guy... no code do I...
>
> Stick network card into NT box... Use OS/2 drivers...
>
> How's that, Tim? I can drag my knuckles on the ground and do some
> mouth-breathing if you'd like...
>
>> the network adapter drivers will be NT4's

-----------------------------------------------------^^^^

0
Tim
8/10/2012 12:11:26 AM
Hmm, sounds good not for the Turboways ATM card.

>>> the network adapter drivers will be NT4's
>
> -----------------------------------------------------^^^^

0
Louis
8/10/2012 12:01:16 PM
> Hmm, sounds good not for the Turboways ATM card.

>> -----------------------------------------------------^^^^

Check for an Intel part, IBM badge engineered the 'best' available.

0
Tim
8/10/2012 2:04:38 PM
Only intel component is i960.

My Turboways are buried right now, can't look for an intel part number
on the PCB.

On 8/10/2012 09:04, Tim WBST Clarke wrote:
> "Louis Ohland" <ohland@charter.net> wrote in message
>> Hmm, sounds good not for the Turboways ATM card.

>>> -----------------------------------------------------^^^^
>
> Check for an Intel part, IBM badge engineered the 'best' available.

0
Louis
8/10/2012 4:31:11 PM
> Only intel component is i960.
>
> My Turboways are buried right now, can't look for an intel part number on
> the PCB.

3Com, NatSemi, C&T, Xilinx, etc. Try to think of which companies made
PCI-bus ATM adapters? Those would be your best candidates.

0
Tim

IBM continues to end OS/2 support and withdraw OS/2
I was suprised to see that IBM has updated their 'withdrawal from marketing' page for OS/2. The old page a couple of years ago was short and sweet and basically said OS/2 was gone. The new page goes into much more detail but offers some interesting new info... [begin excerpts] Existing OS/2 customers Existing OS/2 customers can purchase additional OS/2 licenses on an exception basis. IBM will review each request and notify the customer if it is approved. Contact your IBM representative to submit an order request. Support for IBM Middleware Defect Support f...

OS/2 gurus! Help with OS/2 config.sys Fwd: Trouble with a Personal System/2
Folks, I suck at OS/2, and this guy has a problem. Config.sys has been changed. Any way to boot in recovery mode? No further info yet, unknown if this was a result of a FixPack, adapter install, or a program update. Challenge, this may be a production unit, and it may be doing involved things. -------- Original Message -------- Subject: Trouble with a Personal System/2 Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 20:40:20 -0400 From: <brian@centralindianapatternandmold.com> To: <ohland@charter.net> please help . config.sys got changed os2 ibm indurstial computer-will ...

Does 4/2/2= (4/2)/2 =1 OR = 4/(2/2)=4
I don't have matlab and I am trying to translate some simple matlab code. Does 4/2/2 = (4/2)/2 = 1 or 4/2/2 = 4/(2/2) = 4 On 9/11/2012 9:43 AM, sarah.englander@gmail.com wrote: > I don't have matlab and I am trying to translate some simple matlab code. > > Does 4/2/2 = (4/2)/2 = 1 yes. At a given precedence level (and obviously two of the same operators are the same level) evaluation proceeds from LtoR. ....snip... <http://www.mathworks.com/help/techdoc/matlab_prog/f0-40063.html#f0-38155> -- dpb <none@non.net> wrote in message <...

OT: OS/2 or OS/NOT-2
Wow-- I've been *trying* to play with OS/2 Warp 4, trying to get on the internet. I'm very familiar with Windows (of course) and Linux-- OS/2 on the other hand, that's a different story. Getting this thing on the internet has been a pain. It works, finally. :) Now-- I realize that I'm basically stuck in the DOS age when it comes to dealing with files, like one of the most rudementary types of files-- zip files!!! Is there not a Winzip/WinRar-like app for OS/2? Can someone lead me to the light? What stuff do I need to put on this thing before it's eve...

using an iPod with Mac os 9.2.2 and iTunes 2.0.4 #2
Help! I have just purchased a (3rd gen) iPod as a gift for use with a G4. Unfortunately it turns out that the 'lucky' recipient is using OS 9.2.2 rather than OS X as I had assumed. I have read unsubstantiated reports that it is possible to get this working (despite Apple's recommendations that at least OS 10.1.5 is required) but I am unable to fathom it out (not a regular Mac user). Has anyone managed to get this combo working and if so can they give me any pointers? The iPod is recognised as a firewire HD device on the desktop but does not appear in or sync with iTunes. Please h...

Information passed from OS/2 Master Boot Record ( MBR ) to OS/2 Bootmanager ( BMGR ) to OS/2 Partition Boot Record ?
Hello, I am working on the problem to boot from USB Mass Storage Device. The results and open problems has been documented at Howto Boot OS/2 - eCs from USB Mass Storage Devices ( MSD ) - English Version - Wiki http://p2066.typo3server.info/wiki-usb-boot-en.html The following information is needed for the project: Information passed from OS/2 Master Boot Record ( MBR ) to OS/2 Bootmanager ( BMGR ) to OS/2 Partition Boot Record ? The OS/2 MBR tests for I13X support and pass this information via flag at memory segment 3000:0000 (0030:0000). That informa...

reinstall of OS 10.2
I'm reinstalling my operating systems. Does it matter whether I install OS X or 9.2.2 first? Is there a certain order that they should be installed in? Thanks. -- TLD TLD <TLD2@tld.tld.invalid> wrote: > I'm reinstalling my operating systems. Does it matter whether I install > OS X or 9.2.2 first? Is there a certain order that they should be > installed in? Thanks. It makes no difference. -- Mike Rosenberg <http://www.macconsult.com> Macintosh consulting services for NE Florida <http://bogart-tribute.net> Tribute to Humphrey Bogart ...

Migration of OS/2 1.30 to OS/2 2.0 or newer
Hi all, what is the chance to upgrade an OS/2 1.30-system with LAN manager (ethernet with plain NetBIOS), a C-written frontend and a Sybase-SQL-server 1.1 to a newer OS/2-version? The system is installed on a FAT-drive, print-jobs are created by the C-frontend for LaserJet-printers and send directly to the LPT-port or a shared LPT-port on a print-server and several OS/2 1.3-clients access the database also via the C-frontend. I would perfer using WarpServer 4 based on Warp 3, or even just Warp 3 Connect/Warp 4 (without LVM, JFS etc., so WSeB, ACP, MCP or eCS are not an option) the wh...

Palm Desktop 4.2.1, Mac OS 9.2.2, & AvantGo 4.0
I've finally gotten around to setting up a newer Mac running MacOS 9.2.2. I've updated Palm Desktop to 4.2.1. I'm trying to get AvantGo 4.0 to play nicely with my setup (since I'm using a Palm m515), but it won't install correctly. AvantGo Connect sees no profiles, and Palm Desktop sees no AvantGo conduit. Any clues what I should do (other than bail on AvantGo and/or update to OS X, which would mean bailing on AvantGo or going with Missing Sync anyhow)? In article <1157165247.345416.46560@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, ultrajoe@spamcop.net wrote: > I've fi...

OS/2 > DOS-OS/2 copy, paste with backslash not working #2
Original poster: thanks, everybody. Now answering three posters: Any help? -- At 2004-12-16 20:41:32 PST Steven Levine (steve53@earthlink.bogus.net) said: >Copy how? What version of OS/2? Are you running any sort of desktop >enhancer that might be doing this to you? Since I mention COPY and PASTE, the "Copy how?" will be: "using COPY & PASTE". If I was running anything stupid, I might know; if I did not know, I thank you for the prompter; I am not running anything stupid; Version of OS/2 is 3.0 WARP Fixpack 43 or something. 1994-thing. Lov...

OS/2 Lan Server V3.0 for sale with OS/2 2.1
http://cm.ebay.com/cm/ck/1065-29296-2357-0?uid=4289490&site=0&ver=LCA080805&item=120067699646&lk=URL ...

audio with win-os/2 but not os/2???
anybody know why the audio with my ess card ain't working with os/2 but does with win-os/2? -- Thanks, That Guy ---- http://gandalf.home.digital.net/trollfaq.html <-- readit new folk who people noooobies ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/control/ <-- faq shmec-a-q get the origanal group faq here That Guy wrote: > anybody know why the audio with my ess card ain't working with os/2 > but does with win-os/2? > I know this will sound ridiculous...but the system volume is turned up to a level that will be audible, right?? On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 03:46:...

PS/2 and OS/2 #2
Hi ! This is, finally, *in topic* ;-) I've got too many "off topic" warnings ;-) I've got a working copy of OS/2 warp 4 (thank you, guys !). In the doc is said that minimum requirement is Pentium 100. I can put it in my 8595-ONG with TurboChip only :-( Do you have a table that summarizes PS/2 models, the OS/2 version that can be installed and sys requirements ? In other word, for example, which version can be installed on a Model 80-386 ? What is the minimum ram ? Do you ever tried OS/2 2.1 for windows ? I found a copy that was distributed with a PC magazine (C...

XJDIC 2.4 for OS/2
XJDIC is Jim Breen's text-mode Japanese/English dictionary program, designed to use the freeware EDICT and KANJIDIC dictionaries. Excerpted from the product website: XJDIC functions as: * an English to Japanese dictionary (eiwa jiten), searching for and displaying entries for key-words entered in English; * a Japanese to English dictionary (waei jiten), searching for and displaying entries for keywords or phrases entered in Japanese...; * a Japanese-English Character dictionary (kanei jiten), capable of selecting kanji characters ...

Web resources about - Does the NT 4 OS/2 subsystem support OS/2 network devices? - comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware

IP Multimedia Subsystem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
IP Multimedia Subsystem or IMS is a standardized Next Generation Networking (NGN) architecture for telecom operators that want to provide mobile ...

ARM Announcements: New IoT Subsystem for TSMC 55ULP and ARM Cardio Radio IP
Today at Computex ARM is announcing a new 'IoT Subsystem' for developers: ARM Cortex-M with ARM Cordio radio IP (see below) with full integration ...

Analog Devices Introduces Integrated Analog Front-End Subsystem for Diagnostic-Quality ECG Applications ...
ADI introduced the ADAS1000, which is the first product in a series of integrated AFE chips that enable ECG systems to achieve monitor- and diagnostic ...

DailyTech - Update: STEAM Subsystem Compromised, Hacker Posts Ransom Demands
Cafe owners are in trouble, and users who made online purchases may be next

Cadence, TSMC collaborate on IoT IP subsystem
Cadence Design Systems has announced that it is collaborating with TSMC on the development of an Internet of Things (IoT) IP subsystem demonstration ...

ARM Unveils SoC Subsystem to Speed Up IoT Chip Development
The chip designer also reportedly is looking to buy another security technology vendor to bulk up its expertise in the Internet of things.

Microsoft details Windows 8′s power-saving multimedia subsystem, DRM, codec support
... When running on a Windows Certified PC, Windows 8′s video decoding for “common media tasks” will be offloaded to a dedicated hardware subsystem. ...

Vulnerability in Mac OS X memory subsystem
A vulnerability in the Shared Memory Server subsystem can freeze a Mac. According to the report, the bug can also be used for privilege escalation. ...

Finisar - World's Largest Supplier of Optical Subsystems and Components
한국어 - 日本語 - 繁体 - 简体 Contact How to Buy Home none Products Optical Modules Optical Engines Active Cables Active Components WSS ROADMs Optical ...

Performance: Profiling how different web sites use browser subsystems
... showed IE9 at the Professional Developers Conference last fall , we discussed how real world browser performance involves many different subsystems. ...