Work on PS2 drives ???
Only available in USA

Basil

0
Basil

On Oct 2, 5:39 am, "Basil Holloway" <farl7F...@bigpond.com> wrote:
> http://cgi.ebay.com:80/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130159303612
>
> Work on PS2 drives ???

Sure, it would work with the "Battlefloppy" or the internal 5.25-inch
drive for the PS/2.  It won't work with the 3.5-inch drives.  If the
alignment diskettes are damaged, it's suitable as a paperweight.

Rick

0
RickE
10/2/2007 12:10:19 PM
Hi!

> http://search.ebay.com/130159303612

> Work on PS2 drives ???
> Only available in USA

If you have a PS/2 with a 5.25" drive, yes it could. PS/2s with
internal 5.25" floppies are refreshingly rare. (I've seen two systems
set up that way that I remember.) The drive itself appears to use a
conventional (read "standard clone type") connection and adapter. I
have a Model 57 with such a drive. It's a Citizen drive (IIRC) and has
"soft touch" electronic eject. I don't think the electronic eject is
available from software, however.

William

0
wm_walsh
10/2/2007 4:36:37 PM
hi Basil

In article <0loMi.4355$H22.3156@news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
farl7FAKE@bigpond.com says...
> Saw on another NG, no affiliation
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com:80/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130159303612
>
> Work on PS2 drives ???
> Only available in USA
>
> Basil

I still have few hundreds of those 5.25" drives 360k/1.2mb also known as
ND/HD. if you need any let me know I can test before shipping.
as usually you pay for shipping cost the drives are free of charge.

I usually used to salvage the stepper motors of them for a person who
used to make weird objects with them (roboticsc related):-),and off
course when  I had the chance salvage some aluminium.

to realign the drive is very lengthy process and may not be compatible
with other drives, so as william said is not worth it, a head clean up
usually cure the problem.

--
The information contained in this post is copyright of
the poster, and specifically may not be published in,
"Cheers" <moussa_el@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> hi Basil
>
> In article <0loMi.4355$H22.3156@news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
> farl7FAKE@bigpond.com says...
>> Saw on another NG, no affiliation
>>
>> http://cgi.ebay.com:80/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130159303612
>>
>> Work on PS2 drives ???
>> Only available in USA
>>
>> Basil
>>

> I still have few hundreds of those 5.25" drives 360k/1.2mb also known as
> ND/HD. if you need any let me know I can test before shipping.
> as usually you pay for shipping cost the drives are free of charge.
>
> I usually used to salvage the stepper motors of them for a person who
> used to make weird objects with them (roboticsc related):-),and off
> course when  I had the chance salvage some aluminium.
>
> to realign the drive is very lengthy process and may not be compatible
> with other drives, so as william said is not worth it, a head clean up
> usually cure the problem.
>

> --
> The information contained in this post is copyright of
> the poster, and specifically may not be published in,
> or used by     http://www.jlaforums.com

Moussa
Thanks for the offer but I do not need any of the drives.
Take care
Basil

0
Basil

Floppy Drive Tester
I have recently posted the following item to eBay. I bought it used from another user several years ago but never got to playing with it. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130159303612 ...

Floppy Drive Tester
I have recently posted the following item to eBay. I bought it used from another user several years ago but never got to play with it. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130159303612 ...

FS: IBM Thinkpad AC adapter , CD-ROM drive, ext. floppy drive
For sale: IBM Thinkpad AC adapter - $20 IBM Thinkpad internal CD-ROM drive - $30 IBM Thinkpad external floppy drive with cabe - $30. Pictures and FRU numbers available. Please reply by e-mail. ...

Auctions (2): Three IBM PS2 Graphics Adapters 8514/A *AND* IBM MicroChannel 4869 External 5-1/4" Disk Drive (360K)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270123874305 Starting bid: US $0.99 End time: May-31-07 16:43:43 PDT (6 days 3 hours) Ships to: United States Item location: Surprise, Arizona, United States IBM PS/2 MicroChannel CAD Workstation Graphics Cards Model 8514/A listing is for a quantity of three shipped for a single price Also by same seller : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270123854097 Starting bid: US $0.99 End time: May-31-07 15:51:52 PDT (6 days 3 hours) Includes the drive sled, the MCA adapter card and ribbon cables for inside the box (as shown in the picture). No affiliation PS William, WCT is mentioned in both auctions. -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com ...

MAC SE Floppy Drive 1.4 meg Floppy Drive (old)
I acquired a MAC SE with a 1.4 meg floppy drive. Previously I only had a Plus with an 800K floppy drive. When I tried to format one of my old disks, it still only had 800K. Did the 1.4 meg floppy drives use special disks? Or am I doing something wrong? Thank you, Bill Bill Bagot <wbagot1@san.rr.com> wrote: > I acquired a MAC SE with a 1.4 meg floppy drive. Previously I only > had a Plus with an 800K floppy drive. When I tried to format one of > my old disks, it still only had 800K. Did the 1.4 meg floppy drives > use special disks? Or am I doing something wrong? ...

IBM PS/1 floppy drive
Hello! I've got this old computer few days ago. It has no floppy drive. I'm wondering if I can make new FDD to work with this computer. Do anyone know where can I find description of this specific ribbon cable: which pins are for power, which for data? Clearly - pin diagram for IBM PS/1 type:2121 FDD. Thanks in advance -- Mysticus mysticus neostrada pl "Mysticus" <invalid@invalid.pl> a �crit dans le message de news:cj13v9$86u$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl... > Hello! > > I've got this old computer few days ago. It has no floppy drive. I...

IBM 4865 external floppy drive
Hi! The 4865 needs special card and bracket to be connected? Thanks! Hi Vincenzo ! > The 4865 needs special card and bracket to be connected? Yes - as far as I know. http://narangah.net/IBMedc2.jpg This is the card for the AT-style machines. The pinrows at the top take a cable from the planar and to the 5.25" drives. The rear port is the 37-pin Sub-D for the external 3.5". Top / right is the external power connector. A pigtail ("Y") cable is used to interface to the power supply. The external drive is the style *without* the additional power ...

Write CBM disk in IBM floppy drive?
Can you find the DOS program that write the C1541 formatted disk in IBM 360K floppy drive from the D64 image? Like Writeatr.exe Thanks! JT Hi! Imposible, as 1541 uses GCR-encoding, and PC-drives uses MFM-encoding. Unfortunatly it cannot be overrided, as the MFM-encoding is done with a chip on the PC. However it is possible with 3.5" 1581 and a 3.5" PC-drive, as both uses MFM-encoding. This is why we for decades have connected a 1541 to the PC-printerport with a X1541-cable. Newer versions of these cables exist today, even som with USB-support. I think OpenC...

Tester Tester Tester
Tester Tester Tester ...

Floppy disks and floppy drives.
Sorting through some old boxes of stuff that has been screaming out to be sorted. I find a couple dozen floppy drives and literally hundreds of floppy disks (which I'm currently processing). Was curious to know if they still had a place in this day 'n' age of micro storage cards and dvd+rws. Would love to know if I could do anything with them apart from stripping the drives for their motors. TR Trail Rat wrote: > >Sorting through some old boxes of stuff that has been screaming out to >be sorted. I find a couple dozen floppy drives and literally hund...

Does IBM Thinkpad T23 come with floppy drive?
If you purchase a new Thinkpad T23, does it automatically include a floppy drive? (There was a brief thread a couple of months ago where someone believed that the T-series no longer include a FDD). In my opinion, selling a new computer without a floppy drive is a disservice. How else is one supposed to easily transfer data to/from their computer? Anyway, can anyone verify whether the T23 comes with a floppy drive included? Has anyone bought a new T23 and discovered that there was no floppy drive in the box? Uzytkownik <ygr7@yahoo.com> napisal w wiadomosci news:e6f55066.0307161914.f...

FS: IBM Thinkpad 360 series floppy drive.
The floppy drive is in good working order. FRU 84G2269. Only $10. Pick up in North York. Please reply by e-mail. ...

Will IBM 360 Floppies work in Apple ][ Drives?
Will IBM 360 Floppies work in Apple ][ Drives? I finnaly cleand up my basement and have about 400+ 5 1/4 IMB 360k Floppies.. I would hate to see them go in the trash .. So will an apple drive format these and use them?? K. "KPR" <krauer@rpmtec.com> wrote in message news:1171893268.411041.183420@l53g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... : Will IBM 360 Floppies work in Apple ][ Drives? : : I finnaly cleand up my basement and have about : 400+ 5 1/4 IMB 360k Floppies.. I would hate to : see them go in the trash .. So will an apple : drive format these and use them?? There is no reas...

IBM Deskstar 120GB IDE Drive hardware (electronics) swapout?
Hi, I'm in a bit of trouble. I had (have?) a two disk stripe of which I troubleshot for months and finally realised that it wasn't working because one of the hard drives stopped powering up. As you know this means my stripe is a goner without the second drive. I am almost convinced that if I get the power working again on the second HD I can get my stripe back and copy the stuff off of these drives. The question is: How? I've swapped out the circuit boards before on drives (to my success) but I am unsure if this will do it. I can buy another 120GB Deskstar a...

IBM Mainframe 92x4041 8 inch floppy drive auction
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1479&item=3043345357< Sep-01-03 20:40:15 PDT ...

Auction: IBM 4869 External Floppy Drive Case NOS
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-4869-External-Floppy-Drive-Case-NOS_W0QQitemZ8781037032QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< End time: Mar-21-06 14:47:21 PST These cabinets are New Old Stock and have never been used. They contain a power supply and DC37 connector to attach to the floppy controller in older IBM PCs. 2 available ...

Walk in Drive in IBM Bangalore for AS400 Testers on 6 Jan 2011
Hi, Synova(End Client IBM) is looking for AS400 testers for Bangalore location. Note: 1) Those who can attend face to face interview with IBM on 6 Jan 2011 can submit their CV=92s 2) Those who appeared for IBM interview in the past 6 months will not be considered. Position: AS400 tester Date and time: 6th jan 2011 from 9.30 to 12.30 P.M Location: IBM , Bangalore Skills: AS400 Tester should have 3 + yrs of relevant experience. They should have Manuall testing, Basic Operations , knowledge of DB2 & SQL Candidate should able to do F2F on Thursday, should have excellent communication sk...

Auction: Vintage IBM 6360 8" Floppy Disk Drive
http://search.ebay.com/310006002900 End time: Dec-12-07 12:59:40 PST With God as my witness, it looks like a toaster. On Dec 8, 11:00 am, Louis Ohland <ohl...@charter.net> wrote: > With God as my witness, it looks like a toaster. Yep... and if you don't have a DisplayWriter, you'd have some work to do to hook it up to anything else. Rick Ekblaw ...

Auction: IBM MODEL 50z With 1.2 MB Floppy Drive
http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-PS2-50Z-with-external-1-2meg-Flop-and-interface-car_ W0QQitemZ8785305183QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem JIM H. wrote: > http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-PS2-50Z-with-external-1-2meg-Flop-and-interface-car_ > W0QQitemZ8785305183QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem > > Hmmm, when is a Jim H. not a Jim H? Feel free to bid, fellow MCA addicts. I just didn't wandt this to end up in the trash heap. Regards, Jim Hall Hi! > Feel free to bid, fellow MCA addicts. I just didn't wandt this to end up > in the trash heap. ...

Auction: Vintage IBM 4869 add-on drive for PS2, looks great
360KB version of the Battlefloppy...I can see the * on the drive front. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130080719475 Ends Feb-22-07 20:06:26 PST - Ships to US and Canada. Starting bid is $10. Located in Richland, WA USA No affiliation. William ...

Auction: Vintage IBM PS2 Computer Service Manuals Floppy Disks
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170118815858 Starting bid: US $4.99 End time: Jun-10-07 18:34:02 PDT (6 days 5 hours) Shipping costs: US $5.00 (discount available) Ships to: United States Item location: Owatonna, MN, United States This 3 ring binder contains service information for the Personal Systems/2 family of IBM personal Computers. Included are 10 each diagnosis and reference floppy disks, folded service summary manuals and about 250-300 printed pages in a tabbed reference section. General information, model 8525, model 8530, model 8550, model 8555, model 8560, model 8570, model 8573, model 8580, display units, OEM, additional I/O, 8525/8530 options and adaptors, PS/2 options and adaptors, diagnostic maps, parts catalogs, engineering changes and printers. No affiliation -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com ...

Auction: Vintage IBM External Floppy Drive SCSI, No Reserve! 4865
>http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-IBM-External-Floppy-Drive-SCSI-No-Reserve_W0QQitemZ8758284485QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< Ends Feb-04-06 22:00:00 PST External 720kb, uses DB37 and 4 pin power. Louis Ohland wrote: > >http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-IBM-External-Floppy-Drive-SCSI-No-Reserve_W0QQitemZ8758284485QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< > > Ends Feb-04-06 22:00:00 PST > > External 720kb, uses DB37 and 4 pin power. Just because it has an odd-ball size 37 pin connector, and needs a special card, what makes it SCSI. I have one of thos...

FS: 20 External IBM thinkpad 600 600e 600x Floppy drives
20 External IBM thinkpad 600 600e 600x Floppy drives http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6818589871 ...

how to install windows on IBM thinkpad 240 without CD-ROM or floppy drive?
Hi, I was wondering whether I could pull the 2.5 drive out of an IBM thinkpad 240 laptop, use a laptop2IDE adapter to connect the drive to my desktop system and install a full XP (or 98 or 2000) OS on it, then install it back in the laptop? I realize that all the drivers will be messed up, but it seems that the only way to do it otherwise is to buy an IBM USB CD-ROM drive. I have an IOMEGA USB CD drive but that won't work. Are there cables that I could use to attach my desktop CD-ROM to the parallel port of the laptop to do the installation without pulling the drive? Any suggest...

Web resources about - Floppy drive tester - comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware

Floppy disk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A floppy disk , or diskette , is a disk storage medium composed of a disk of thin and flexible magnetic storage medium, sealed in a rectangular ...

Floppy Polar Penguin Birdie Dash on the App Store on iTunes
Get Floppy Polar Penguin Birdie Dash on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Floppy Eared Pup Playing Catch [EXPLORED] - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Watson the yellow lab playing catch (more like chase) on the Muse Quad at Radford University while his human Garrett Krause looks on.

Doctor Who Theme on eight floppy drives - YouTube
Support me on Patreon! - http://www.patreon.com/MrSolidSnake745 I've been extremely busy the last month or so. First my computer died on me, ...

Why so many domesticated mammals have floppy ears
Take a look at several domesticated mammal species and you might spot a number of similarities between them, including those cute floppy ears. ...

'He was floppy, like he was dead'
'He was floppy, like he was dead'

George Bailey says yellow wide-brimmed floppy hat will be as iconic as baggy green
George Bailey has declared the canary yellow wide-brimmed floppy hat is here to stay and believes it could even become as iconic as the baggy ...

YouTube - Musical Floppy Drives - Computerphile
Veröffentlicht am 24.05.2013 Floppy disk drives make sweet music, well, tuneful noises anyway. You might have seen them on YouTube before, but ...

$259 Smartphone receipt printer? Can I get a smartphone Floppy Drive too?!
This ‘Little Printer’ thing is making the rounds today (right). It is a cute $259 (plus $30 shipping to US) Cloud printer that prints on a receipt-size ...

Adventures in Floppy Disk Transfers
... you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it? The same might be said for technology. One day I was saving files to floppy ...