Giving away 2xModel 50z

HI,
I have 2 Model 50z to give away in the UK. Including keyboards and 1
monitor. Both units were working, but not sure now. I keep forgetting the
hard disk settings. Any interest?

Graham Beniston

0
Graham

Give it away, give it away, give it away, now...
Looking for that *special* present for a loved one? Imagine their surprise when they tear open the wrapping paper and find a complete Du Pont Eurosprint Cromalin system! Not only do you get an SRA3 laminator and Studio Press - but there's more. You also get a glow-in-the-dark Studio Frame. Seriously though... It's in good working order - but taking up too much space. This stuff is in London EC2 and heading for a skip unless somebody wants to rescue it. -- Martin Thanks for the morning laugh. If I lived in London and had a flatbed van...no, wait, doesn't it cost eight po...

Give away: IBM PS2 95 Servers,Australia
Hey all, I have some IBM PS2 Servers to give away,to go to a good home where they will be looked after and or used. They each have about 64mb of Ram and are 32mhz as I recall,may be wrong,they all have TokenRing adapters and SCSI drives ranging from 1.5gig to 4 gig. There is 4 of them three are in good condition all over,last time I knew they were running,but have been in storage for over 7 years and not been powered up. I bought them to run Linux on but there was never nay support for it,could never get it to boot,but they did run windows up to XP although a bit slow and OS/2 from IBM. Can possibly ship anywhere one chooses,but one will have to pay the shipping cost.They are very heavy.Think they are over 25kgs each. Would preffer they went as whole units but if one needs parts i am open to suggestions,Just need them gone and out of the way and dont want to chuck them to the tip as they seem to good for this and collectible. Jesse Robinson jesse@jesse.rockr.info Could you be any more specific as to where in the country you are? -- __ __ #_ < |\| |< _# ...

IBM Gives Away DB2
The last of the database giants is adapting to the demands of all-you-can-eat, no-money-down, open-source code, with IBM set to roll out a freebie DB2 version on Jan. 30. DB2 Universal Database Express-C (Community Edition) will offer the same core DB2 server, but in a smaller package, designed for application embedding as well as software development, deployment and redistribution. http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,1916097,00.asp -- Regards, Graham Smith Graham Smith wrote: > The last of the database giants is adapting to the demands of all-you-can-eat, > no-money-down, open-source code, with IBM set to roll out a freebie DB2 > version on Jan. 30. > > DB2 Universal Database Express-C (Community Edition) will offer the same core > DB2 server, but in a smaller package, designed for application embedding as > well as software development, deployment and redistribution. > > http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,1916097,00.asp They scoffed when I suggested IDS go Open Source... guess it wasn't so far off the mark now was it? A waste of time with MySQL...riiiiiiiiiiight! "We're making DB2 more accessible to "the LAMP (Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP-Perl) community of users," Spang said. "This gets exciting as we update DB2 Express later this year with the DB2 Viper update. It will include the industry's first hybrid data server, serving both relational and nonrelational data str...

Commodore hardware and software to give away
We have some Commodore 128 software and hardware to give away to those who are willing to pay for shipping. Software includes Timworks Word writer word processor, hardware includes a Commodore 128 monitor and more. How much? I am in the uk and would love to get hold of a 128. "Rich3800" <rich3800@aol.com> wrote in message news:20031010171007.09700.00000088@mb-m24.aol.com... > We have some Commodore 128 software and hardware to give away to those who are > willing to pay for shipping. Software includes Timworks Word writer word > processor, hardware includes a Commo...

giving away my entire ibm collection
recepient just pays shipping, includes, atari, trs80, coco, tandy, ibm, apple2, commodore, CPM, etc. Jeff Wood 307-222-4224 proteanthread at yahoo will *ATTEMPT* to have a list shortly if interested; want to give it away to interested parties who'll help take care of this retro stash have ibm's from pc/xt pc/jr thru pentium P60 (ProteanThread) wrote: > > recepient just pays shipping, includes, atari, trs80, coco, tandy, ibm, > apple2, commodore, CPM, etc. > > Jeff Wood > 307-222-4224 > proteanthread at yahoo > > will *ATTEMPT* to ...

RE: IBM Gives Away DB2
"Bye Bye Informix!" The IIUG will not let that happen... -----Original Message----- From: informix-list-bounces@iiug.org [mailto:informix-list-bounces@iiug.org] On Behalf Of Double Echo Sent: Monday, January 30, 2006 1:52 PM To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: Re: IBM Gives Away DB2 Graham Smith wrote: > The last of the database giants is adapting to the demands of=20 > all-you-can-eat, no-money-down, open-source code, with IBM set to roll > out a freebie DB2 version on Jan. 30. >=20 > DB2 Universal Database Express-C (Community Edition) will offer the=20 > same core > DB2 server, but in a smaller package, designed for application=20 > embedding as well as software development, deployment and redistribution. >=20 > http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,1916097,00.asp They scoffed when I suggested IDS go Open Source... guess it wasn't so far off the mark now was it? A waste of time with MySQL...riiiiiiiiiiight! "We're making DB2 more accessible to "the LAMP (Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP-Perl) community of users," Spang said. "This gets exciting as we update DB2 Express later this year with the DB2 Viper update. It will include the industry's first hybrid data server, serving both relational and nonrelational data structures. Bye Bye Informix! _______________________________________________ Informix-list mailing list Informix-list@iiug.org http://www.iiug.org/mailm...

RE: IBM Gives Away DB2 #2
That's all the IIUG would say....=20 -----Original Message----- From: informix-list-bounces@iiug.org [mailto:informix-list-bounces@iiug.org] On Behalf Of Double Echo Sent: Monday, January 30, 2006 4:30 PM To: informix-list@iiug.org Subject: Re: IBM Gives Away DB2 Hamilton, Jerry wrote: > "Bye Bye Informix!" >=20 > The IIUG will not let that happen... >=20 That's all you can say? _______________________________________________ Informix-list mailing list Informix-list@iiug.org http://www.iiug.org/mailman/listinfo/informix-list ...

Re: Re: IBM Gives Away DB2
*Personally* I think that IDS going fully open source is the best that it c= ould happen... for me ;) However a free version of IDS, even Express, even limited would be great. It allow me to develop applications on top of it without the curse of downl= oading trial versions or getting older versions from the iiug. For me there is only IDS, the others matter me not much unless there are fr= ee versions of them (In fact I have a free version (developer) of Sql-Ser= ver and am in the proccess og getting the Oracle one). Soo.. When could we have at least a current IDS-free version? J. PD: Maybe it will be, not when hell freeze... as facts has shown. Jean Sagi jeansagi@myrealbox.com jeansagi@gmail.com ...

Giving Away Huge Collect of Commodore/Atari Hardware and books
I am giving away my entire collection of 8-bit Commodore and Atari computers. It is time to let my 8-bit gear go to somebody with the time/interest to use it. What is included ---------------------- - About 80% of the gear is fully functional. - Some of the gear is in darn near perfect. - About a dozen Commodore PCs; 64, 64c, 128, 128D. - About a dozen Commodore drives various models including a 3.5 floppy drive. - Several of the Commodore drives have JiffyDos installed. - A couple of Atari 8-Bits; 2x1200XL one with APE Warp+ installed (http://www.atarimax.com/forsale/index.html) ...

Want to give away PS2 Models 70 & 80
I hope this message is ok for this group. I have 6 or 7 PS2 Model 70's and 80's that have not been used since the 1990s. I also have monitors and some other cards. The equipment is in Hackensack, New Jersey near New York City. I am moving and cannot take it with me. If you are interested email me privately and I'll work on giving you a more detailed inventory. interesting, though, I already have 1 mod 70 and that is quite enough. maybe a mod 80 though... i'm 45mins north from mahwah, nj if that gives you guys an idea of where i hide my little networked lab. -John ...

Giving Away Huge Collect of Commodore/Atari Hardware and books
I am giving away my entire collection of 8-bit Commodore and Atari computers. It is time to let my 8-bit gear go to somebody with the time/interest to use it. What is included ---------------------- - About 80% of the gear is fully functional. - Some of the gear is in darn near perfect. - About a dozen Commodore PCs; 64, 64c, 128, 128D. - About a dozen Commodore drives various models including a 3.5 floppy drive. - Several of the Commodore drives have JiffyDos installed. - A couple of Atari 8-Bits; 2x1200XL one with APE Warp+ installed (http://www.atarimax.com/forsale/index.html) ...

have tons of computer hardware i must give away (texas intruments and others)
recepient just pays shipping, includes, atari, trs80, coco, tandy, ibm, apple2, commodore, CPM, etc. Jeff Wood 307-222-4224 proteanthread at yahoo will *ATTEMPT* to have a list shortly if interested; want to give it away to interested parties who'll help take care of this retro stash. ...

IBM will pay $1.5 BILLION to give away an entire division.
IBM to Pay $1.5 Billion to Shed Loss-Making Chip Division Oct 20th 2014 ARMONK, N.Y. -- IBM will pay $1.5 billion to Globalfoundries in order to shed its costly chip division. IBM Director of Research John E. Kelly III said in an interview Monday that handing over control of the semiconductor operations will allow it to grow faster, while IBM continues to invest in and expand its chip research. IBM (IBM) will make payments to the chipmaker over three years, but it took a $4.7 billion charge for the third quarter when it reported earnings Monday. http://www.dailyfinance...

IBM will pay $1.5 BILLION to give away an entire division.
IBM to Pay $1.5 Billion to Shed Loss-Making Chip Division Oct 20th 2014 ARMONK, N.Y. -- IBM will pay $1.5 billion to Globalfoundries in order to shed its costly chip division. IBM Director of Research John E. Kelly III said in an interview Monday that handing over control of the semiconductor operations will allow it to grow faster, while IBM continues to invest in and expand its chip research. IBM (IBM) will make payments to the chipmaker over three years, but it took a $4.7 billion charge for the third quarter when it reported earnings Monday. http://www.dailyfinance...

IBM giving away VA 6.0.1 for free for non-commerical use?
See here http://www6.software.ibm.com/dl/vasmtlk/vasmtlk-p Is this true? bluke wrote: > See here http://www6.software.ibm.com/dl/vasmtlk/vasmtlk-p > > Is this true? No its just a fix. "prosys >" <<nospam4.me@ottomate.biz [remove.me]> wrote in message news:455cc8c1773158eb4b0424c0cc1f2c99@news.teranews.com... > bluke wrote: > > > See here http://www6.software.ibm.com/dl/vasmtlk/vasmtlk-p > > > > Is this true? > > No its just a fix. No, it is the fully functional product. Although it is called a "fi...

[News] Open Hardware Uses Linux-biased Chips, Giving Away Access Pays Off

Auction: Vintage IBM PS2 PC Hardware Maintenance Manual Models 25
<http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-IBM-PS2-PC-Hardware-Maintenance-Manual_W0QQitemZ270078671271QQihZ017QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> End time: Jan-18-07 17:11:07 PST These are good for quick service to the systems. I am electric, electric eye... ...

Auction: IBM PS2 PS/2 Vintage Server Collectible sys 8595-0KF (William!! It's a xKx!!!)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270237772168 Starting bid: US $59.00 End time: May-22-08 09:23:51 PDT (6 days 19 hours) Ships to: Worldwide Item location: Holliston/Boston, MA, United States You are bidding on a IBM PS2 PS/2 Vintage Server Collectible sys 8595-0KF. This has been test and in working condition. This is not really intended to be used as a computer, rather a collectible piece of IBM history. Unit IS WORKING, and cosmetically in great shape It has a 1.44 floppy and NO Hard drive and would require very specific ones if you were to go the route. (IBM older SCSI- example 85F0011, 85F0012) Proc is a 486 DX-33 FRU 64F0198 Has Internal/Ext SCSI Controller w/ Cache FRU# 85F0063 Has 8MB of RAM Has an XGA Monitor Card and requires XGA IBM Monitors System Board we believe to be FRU 33F5717 Power Supply we believe to be 92F0051 No Keyboard or Mouse. No affiliation -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com I'm looking for a 95*85*-xKx/xNx. But you should have seen how my heart skipped a beat! Thanks for pointing it out. :-) The shipping's not too far off, so if it ends without a bidder, I will probably ask about it. William "William R. Walsh" <newsgroups1@idontwantjunqueemail.walshcomptech.com> schreef in b...

sys.ps2
when I type sys.ps2 after import sys, I got the message like: Traceback (most recent call last): File "<pyshell#10>", line 1, in -toplevel- sys.ps2 AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'ps2' why does it happen? You should be in interactive mode to see those, otherwise you get the error ...

Giving them away...
<http://www.lowes.com/pl_Samsung+Galaxy+Promotion_4294765635_4294937087_> "FREE Samsung Galaxy Tablet via mail-in rebate when you buy any Samsung washer and dryer set, refrigerator or range below. The tablet is valued at $349. Also, enter to win a $48,000 technology makeover for your school. Offer ends 10/3/2011. Get Details and Rebate" -- "The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" -- "I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone "It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac ...

IBM Hardware
Is and always was, of better quality than Apple. In article <M2q1g.4309$Kn4.4058@bignews2.bellsouth.net>, "zara" <zspook@aol.com> wrote: > Is and always was, of better quality than Apple. Zzzzzz..... In article <M2q1g.4309$Kn4.4058@bignews2.bellsouth.net>, "zara" <zspook@aol.com> wrote: > Is and always was, of better quality than Apple. Then what happened to OS/2? It should be up to Warp 7 by now. -- Microsoft and Windoze: The combination that made computing dangerous. Apple and OS X: The combination that made computing insanely ...

IBM Hardware
Elarasys, Inc a leading reseller of pre-owned IBM p5, pSeries, and TotalStorage hardware has a sale on the below systems. p615 7029-6C3 1-Way 1.2GHz, 1GB Memory, 36.4GB 10K Disk Drive, DVD, Rails&Power Cord $2,100.00 7044-170 400MHz, 1GB Memory, 2 x 18.2GB 10K Disk Drives, CD-ROM, 20/40GB 8mm Tape Drive, GXT4500P, K&M $675.00 p640 7026-B80 2-Way 375MHz/8MB, 1GB Memory, 18.2GB 10K Drive, CD-ROM, Rails&Power Cord $850.00 We can a complete line of IBM p5, pSeries and TotalStorage hardware if you are looking for something not listed above or would like a different configuration p...

[auction US] IBM MICROCHANNEL 1200-2400BPS MODEM FOR IBM PS2 SYSTEMS
Beware! The seller doesn't seem to care much about which card you'll be getting! >http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120086889786&ss PageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=002< Regards, Alvin. ...

Auc-tion: IBM MICROCHANNEL 1200-2400BPS MODEM FOR IBM PS2 SYSTEMS
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120064993053 End time: Dec-21-06 00:32:30 PST (4 days 11 hours) Ships to: Worldwide Item location: BERTONE MOTORS, CINCINNATI, OHIO, United States No affiliation "picture may not be actual item exactly; but is of and will be a PS2 microchannel modem; picture may not be exact card, I have several to sell and they are not the same, specs are within that stated" -- Jelte ...

Web resources about - Giving away 2xModel 50z - comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware