IBM Circuit Board (Processing Unit) auction New Hypertech with IBM chip?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3039915213
Aug-13-03 19:31:51 PDT
Visa/MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Positive feedback: 88.3%

Looks to be a 386 to 486 upgrade, a bit odd, see the IBM branded ckip in
the upper left. Also, there are some empty PLCC sockets, I dunno if they
are unneeded, or if it was stripped.

Almost screams Hypertech.
0
Louis

Louis Ohland wrote:

> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3039915213

>  Also, there are some empty PLCC sockets

Not really sure, in Photoshop, they look to be filled. Bad image,
lighting doesn't help.
0
Louis
8/9/2003 7:08:20 PM
The sockets all have something in them.

William

0
William

[auction US] IBM MICROCHANNEL 1200-2400BPS MODEM FOR IBM PS2 SYSTEMS
Beware! The seller doesn't seem to care much about which card you'll be getting! >http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120086889786&ss PageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=002< Regards, Alvin. ...

Auction: IBM RS/6000 memory 128MB IBM HD3 Memory Board Warranty
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-RS-6000-memory-128MB-IBM-HD3-Memory-Board-Warranty_W0QQitemZ5729663275QQcategoryZ58315QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< Looks to be damn cheap. Both the boards and memory. YMMV. -- Reply to ohland@charter.net ...

And a whacked out new year! Lot of 5, IBM SCSI Hard Drives in IBM Sled, FRU 10L6080 (auction)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=56095&item=5733738203 Nov-24-04 18:04:47 PST These hard drives come in their sleds designed to fit in IBM PC Servers like the IBM PC Server 3159, or IBM PC Server 330. This lot comes with: * Quantity of 5: 4.51GB 7200RPM Fast wide SCSI-2 Hard Drives, FRU # 10L6080 ...

IBM RISC/6000, APC UPS units and IBM RAID Five units for sale
Trying to advertise a little. I normally buy PC equipment, but in the last batch I bought I got a bunch of IBM/RISC 6000 stuff that I know little about and just want to sell. F40, F50, C10, C10, G30, RAID 5, Compaq, misc. Located in Kansas City, I've listed the items in 7 group lots on eBay starting at $9.99, NO RESERVE at all, come bid on my stuff. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=44963&item=2788898151 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11215&item=3079327257 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11215&item...

Auctions (2): Three IBM PS2 Graphics Adapters 8514/A *AND* IBM MicroChannel 4869 External 5-1/4" Disk Drive (360K)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270123874305 Starting bid: US $0.99 End time: May-31-07 16:43:43 PDT (6 days 3 hours) Ships to: United States Item location: Surprise, Arizona, United States IBM PS/2 MicroChannel CAD Workstation Graphics Cards Model 8514/A listing is for a quantity of three shipped for a single price Also by same seller : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270123854097 Starting bid: US $0.99 End time: May-31-07 15:51:52 PDT (6 days 3 hours) Includes the drive sled, the MCA adapter card and ribbon cables for inside the box (as shown in the picture). No affiliation PS William, WCT is mentioned in both auctions. -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com ...

Auction: RARE IBM 486SLC PROCESSER BOARD
486SLC2 Processor Option >http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-IBM-486SLC-PROCESSER-BOARD_W0QQitemZ8712381601QQcategoryZ1247QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< Ends Oct-28-05 13:10:27 PDT Wow...either that's a very quick-n-dirty listing or... I'd be a little worried that the upgrade is in good working order... William Where's cancdia? ;^) -- Brought to you from a COMPAQ PROLIANT 3000, check out www.jerrysmicro.com "Louis Ohland" <ohland@charter.net> wrote in message news:HW77f.18109$E17.16811@fe03.lga... > 486SLC2 Processor Option > > >http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-IBM-486SLC-PROCESSER-BOARD_W0QQitemZ8712381601QQca tegoryZ1247QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< > Ends Oct-28-05 13:10:27 PDT "G. Hogervorst" <hogie@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:yb87f.5978$dO2.3992@newssvr29.news.prodigy.net... > Where's cancdia? ;^) > He meant to spell "cantina".. It's a little place in Mexico where Barry Manilow writes the songs, and serenades the nubile young maidens. -- bobwatts Whizzbang Computers EartH .... especially after being scraped off the planar like that :-) You know what I'll bet is really rare is the little plastic standoff for this, which is not so easy to remove without breaking. Maybe to much time was spent at the cantina before writing the description, ah, nubile, gotta love it. Jerry -- Brought to you from a COMPAQ PROLIANT 3000, check out ww...

Auction: IBM 5360 Mainframe and IBM 5225 Printer
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-5360-Mainframe-and-IBM-5225-Printer_W0QQitemZ130041937602QQihZ003QQcategoryZ162QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< End time: Nov-04-06 10:44:14 PST Hutchinson, Kansas Folks, we are not in Kansas anymore... Has a pile of manuels, 3 monitors, three keyboards. Louis Ohland wrote: > Folks, we are not in Kansas anymore... Has a pile of manuels, 3 > monitors, three keyboards. As you would expect, each keyboard mates with one of the 5251 displays. It's easy to tell which display was the system console (the badly burned-in one on top) and which was the primary application console (the pretty badly burned-in one on the bottom). The one in the middle that has no visible burn-in probably saw very little use. I don't think that the value of the system will improve very much in another 10 to 20 years like the seller hopes, but everyone is entitled to dream. If anyone was interested in a set of S/36 manuals, this auction looks like a good bet, you might get a complete set and a few spares. A small bid will probably win, then you have the seller ship you all of the manuals via Media Mail, and then the seller could do as he liked with the "heavy metal" (of course, you'd have to make sure that the seller would go along with this scheme in advance). Rick Ekblaw "Louis Ohland" <ohland@charter.net> schreef in bericht news:3Sa1h.368$XF5.319@newsfe06.lga... > >http://cgi.eba...

Auction: RARE IBM 486SLC PROCESSER BOARD (SLC2)
>http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-IBM-486SLC-PROCESSER-BOARD_W0QQitemZ8726648113QQcategoryZ1247QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< Ends Nov-27-05 19:50:41 PST Louis Ohland wrote: > >http://cgi.ebay.com/RARE-IBM-486SLC-PROCESSER-BOARD_W0QQitemZ8726648113QQcategoryZ1247QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< > Ends Nov-27-05 19:50:41 PST Yep, as expected - the plastic standoff is nowhere to be seen (betcha *that's* the rare part). Hi! > Yep, as expected - the plastic standoff is nowhere to be seen (betcha > *that's* the rare part). I may have one if you want it. I tried and tried to reinstall an SLC2 upgrade that had one in place. I found the standoff to make this task impossible...as in I seemed to be missing a row of pins or something equally silly. After three or four times turning on the power and finding that the system would not power up, I pulled the standoff and installed it right *the first time*. :-) William ...

WTT: 32MB SIMMs
I have (6) sticks of SiliconMountain Memory (Parity, Gold leads, 70ns), product # SMM4342-9661. These SIMMs are supposed to be equivalent to IBM 92G7205. This memory works fine in my PC 750 MCA/PCI (6886) under Win98. But it does NOT work reliability under Windows NT 3.51 (My current OS). I would like to trade 192MB of SiliconMountain Memory for (2) sticks of IBM 92G7205 SIMMs. Please contact me via email at gorenbergh @ mags . net. Thanks, Steve (eTh1nk) ...

Auction: IBM touch screen system /Complete system all IBM
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-touch-screen-system-Complete-system-all-IBM_W0QQitemZ8764562140QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< Ends Feb-17-06 15:11:28 PST http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8764562140 What is that wire going into the keyboard between CTRL and =E2=86=90 ? Touch screens are neat. I used them when I worked on the PLATO Computer Aided Instruction system for the University of Illinois, Chicago Medical Center. I wonder what ever became of Plato? Dan Dan-the K wrote: > What is that wire going into the keyboard between CTRL and =E2=86=90 ? Dan, I enlarged the system photo to 400%, and all I can see between the right Ctrl key and the left arrow key is the normal plastic keyboard case -- no wire (maybe my eyes are getting too old). Now, at the bottom of the keyboard between the right arrow key and the keypad 0 is the system end of the keyboard cable -- but that's just resting against the bottom edge of the keyboard case. > Touch screens are neat. I used them when I worked on the PLATO > Computer Aided Instruction system for the University of Illinois, > Chicago Medical Center. It's a small world -- I once owned the rx/uia/cerl account (for the non-PLATO folks, uia meant "University of Illinois Author", and CERL was the Computer-based Education Research Laboratory). And if I said, "Bring on the Soul Snarf!", would you know what I was referencing? > I w...

Auction: IBM 10G7103 IBM 486SLC2 PROCESSOR UPGRADE 52g7796
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-10G7103-IBM-486SLC2-PROCESSOR-UPGRADE-52g7796_W0QQitemZ110055571391QQihZ001QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< End time: Nov-20-06 12:53:39 PST ...

Smoke a bowl Auction: IBM 33F8354 IBM 8590 BATTERY (CR2032)
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-33F8354-IBM-8590-BATTERY-CR2032_W0QQitemZ8776722082QQcategoryZ162QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< This is awesome! If there is a strong market for these, I'm running down and buy crates of CR2032s. IT Equipment Xpress Louis Ohland wrote: > >http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-33F8354-IBM-8590-BATTERY-CR2032_W0QQitemZ8776722082QQcategoryZ162QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< > > This is awesome! If there is a strong market for these, I'm running down > and buy crates of CR2032s. > > IT Equipment Xpress Not only that, but they want $15 just to ship it! --Daniel On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 19:40:10 UTC, Daniel Hamilton <bitslasher_nospam_@gmail.com> wrote: > Louis Ohland wrote: > > >http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-33F8354-IBM-8590-BATTERY-CR2032_W0QQitemZ8776722082QQcategoryZ162QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< > > > > This is awesome! If there is a strong market for these, I'm running down > > and buy crates of CR2032s. > > > > IT Equipment Xpress > > Not only that, but they want $15 just to ship it! Even more to ship to Europe! Looks like they have to charter a plane.. -- Bob Eager rde at tavi.co.uk PC Server 325; PS/2s 8595*3, 9595*3 (2*P60 + P90), 8535, 8570, 9556*2, 8580*6, 8557*2, 8550, 9577, 8530, P70, PC/AT.. http://www.tavi.co.uk http://www.ardent-tool.org.uk  This one time, I'd cut IT Eq...

Auction: Vintage IBM cards XGA Network other retro classic IBM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140118395909 Starting bid AU $9.90 End time: 25-May-07 12:21:09 AEST (8 days 5 hours) Posts to: Worldwide Item location: Melbourne, Australia Up for sale are 3 x vintage IBM expansion cards, these have been in storage for over 10 years in anti static bags, I have been told were in working conditions but am unable to test. They look in great condition the specs (as written on the cards are): XGA-2 FRU NO. 87F4774 IA/A (MADE IN UK) 45F3367 MADGE SMART 16/4 RINGNODE No affiliation -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com ...

Auction: IBM Video Capture Adapter / A for IBM Personal System/2
BIN 9.99 12 available $10 shipping >http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-Video-Capture-Adapter-A-for-IBM-Personal-System-2_W0QQitemZ5166911589QQcategoryZ3761QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< -- Reply to ohland@charter.net Can someone forward one to me in France please ? I don't want to do an expensive wire transfer to get one. Thanks Nicolas ...

Auction: IBM 10G7103 IBM 486SLC2 PROCESSOR UPGRADE 52g7796 #2
<http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-10G7103-IBM-486SLC2-PROCESSOR-UPGRADE-52g7796_W0QQitemZ110061976996QQihZ001QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> BIN ...

IBM
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/06/business/06layoffs.html?ref=business ...

ibm
I'm Matthew Win Tibbals, pedophile. http://www.matthewtibbals.com ...

IBM
hi, could u info if IBM viavoice speech recognition is still available for free download. If not what are my options (Indian with regional lingo also good) for free download of the afore via-voice software varios zenacosta@gmail.com wrote: > could u info if IBM viavoice speech recognition is still available for > free download. Never (to my knowledge) was it legally available for free download. It's currently distributed by Nuance. -- Hubert Cr�py ...

IBM
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/06/business/06layoffs.html?ref=business On Mar 6, 10:46=A0am, ibm.su...@ibm.com wrote: > http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/06/business/06layoffs.html?ref=3Dbusiness And this surprises you how? Look, there are a couple of things at play here... First, in S&D, there have been a lot of acquisitions and when you assume a company, you assume their sales force. So you have some overlap. You also have a constant churn in the field reps as you remove weaker workers. Of course the inept management stays put. ;-) I can say more about S&D, but do you really want a lecture on the economies of running an IT Software company? ;-) The point is while I know a lot of people in the S&D ranks who got whacked, I'm not shocked by it. The other cuts? Now that's a different story... With respect to the other RIFs, you have a serious issue where IBM is displacing the work from higher labor cost countries to lower cost workforces. How can you say that there isn't 'job shifting' when you get a person who does job X in the US and is replaced by someone doing job X in another country like India and Brazil? A few years ago, IBM moved a lot of their back office work to Brazil. Very painful in terms of getting things done. Not really noticed by the customer and the S&D team just lumped it and worked around the issues. IBM? They saved money, increasing their profitability at the expense of their ability to...

IBM
It frightens me that IBM is pushing for more Linux. They have gone to the point of releasing some of their software patents to help spark the growth of Linux. I for one shudder at the fact that some day companies like IBM may make a power play for the control of Linux software development. It will not be in ownership rights, because of the GPL. However, if the corporations of the world start "needing" open source, they will try to control and steer its development by offering large "donations" to get what they are depending on. If open source developers accept these &qu...

Lot of IBM PS2 Memory. 512K Upgrades? -NEW Old Stock- auction
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=74946&item=5195331235< Ends May-15-05 18:48:16 PDT > Here�s a lot of IBM memory kits that can go. I pulled these from the original boxes some years back to save space, but if I remember correctly, these are 512K MB kits for the IBM model 30 PS2 machines. Not sure if they wer for the 286 or 8088/8086 ones. All of these were new and unopened when I got them, and I have opened a few to show what is inside. If there were 512K kits, then these are 256K each. Not positive. Chips are Micron Tech 1259EJ-12 part number on Gold plated 9 chip 30pin simms. I don�t have a machine that can use these anymore, so they can go. There are 12 packs. -- Reply to ohland@charter.net Definzel? What is your reason for that handle? :-) Dan ...

Vintage IBM AT 16 Bit Prototype Board NEW in Box nr auction
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5220148114 Ends Jul-22-05 20:15:13 PDT IBM p/n: 6450220, Personal Computer AT Prototype Board -- Reply to ohland@charter.net ...

IBM URLs (http://www.ibm.com/ vs. http://www-306.ibm.com/)
Hi everyone, one general thing to note when quoting IBM URLs like the following: > Check out http://www-306.ibm.com/software/data/informix/ids/support/ ^^^^ |||| please leave out the "-###" part of the URL and instead quote it like this: http://www.ibm.com/software/data/informix/ids/support/ The "-###" means that the page is provided by a particular host, to which an original HTTP request without such a "-###" has been routed automatically. Usually, the routing will be stable, i.e. a URL with "-###" will normally work. However, if that particular machine is down, then a URL with the "-###" may not work. But a URL without "-###" will still work, because the request will then be routed to a different machine. Therefore at best leave out that "-###" when quoting such URLs. Otherwise, if such a URL one day does not work, remember that you can take away the "-###" part and it then should work. This is a general note, not to pick on any individual e-mail contributor ... only this e-mail was a good example. Besides, there are many people within IBM who don't understand the concept behind this and therefore often just do cut&paste of such URLs into documents, presentations, etc. But since this is a technical audience, I thought it may well worth it to (try t...

[auction UK] IBM PS2 4100 MG EXT ACCUTRACK TAPE ERWIN BOARD
>http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/IBM-PS2-4100-MG-EXT-ACCUTRACK-TAPE-ERWIN-BOARD_W0QQit emZ110090882695QQihZ001QQcategoryZ4193QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem< What type of tape unit would this require? Regards, Alvin. Alvin Andries wrote: > What type of tape unit would this require? An Irwin Accutrack -- the poor sod selling the card can't spell, which does not bode well. Rick Ekblaw ...

Web resources about - IBM Circuit Board (Processing Unit) auction New Hypertech with IBM chip? - comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware

Analog signal processing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Analog signal processing is any signal processing conducted on analog signals by analog means. "Analog" indicates something that is mathematically ...

Hyatt warns of malware on its payment-processing system
Hyatt Hotels Corp. says it found malicious software on the computer system that processes customer payments, raising the possibility that hackers ...

Conexant Announces New Audio Processing Solutions At CES
At CES, Conexant gave me a demo of some of the audio processing technology that they've been working on. Conexant is a company that probably ...

Two atoms make quantum memory, processing gate, and test of entanglement
(credit: University of Maryland ) Quantum systems are inherently fragile as any interactions with the outside world can change their state. ...

Government "Processing Error" Sinks Housing Reports for Entire Year; Where to From Here?
Huge "Processing Error" in Government Housing Data When I saw some of the upwardly revised GDP estimates in 2015 I thought they were too good ...

THE PAYMENTS ECOSYSTEM: Everything you need to know about the next era of payment processing
The way we pay has changed dramatically. People are using their smartphones for every kind of formal and informal transaction — to shop at stores, ...

Audi turns to Qualcomm power for entertainment, navigation processing
Qualcomm proves its chip-making innovation, announcing a deal at CES where Audi will use its first automotive quality infotainment chipset, the ...

Feds Stop Processing NICS Denial Appeals
Obama Administration Enacts More Gun Control By Misusing FBI Background Check System

This just in: Marco Rubio's substance is thinner than an Intel processing chip
In case you hadn't already guessed it, Marco Rubio's got a smile and a stump speech, but that's about it. Reporters who have followed him from ...

Nvidia Ramps Up Processing Power for Self-Driving Cars
With its new Drive PX 2 platform, the GPU maker is offering a computer that can deliver up to 8 teraflops of computing power to autonomous vehicles. ...