IBM Model 60 PS/2 Tower Computer Vintage Big Hard Drive auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5220809357
Ends Jul-24-05 19:13:58 PDT
Nunnelly, Tennessee

--
Reply to ohland@charter.net
0

Go William.........nice machine!

CT the Appreciative of the 60/65/80 Genre

0
Tim
7/18/2005 3:36:43 PM
On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 08:37:58 -0500, Louis Ohland
<nullnvoid@charter.net> wrote:

>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5220809357
>Ends Jul-24-05 19:13:58 PDT
>Nunnelly, Tennessee

And to think I scrapped 15 of these in March as no one had any
interest...
0
Russ
7/19/2005 9:54:31 PM
"Russ Blakeman" <rhb57@rbcsweb.net> wrote in message
> On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 08:37:58 -0500, Louis Ohland
> <nullnvoid@charter.net> wrote:
>
> >http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5220809357
> >Ends Jul-24-05 19:13:58 PDT
> >Nunnelly, Tennessee
>

> And to think I scrapped 15 of these in March as no one had any
> interest...

Oh really??

0
Model
7/20/2005 3:07:46 AM
On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 03:07:46 GMT, "Model 8560-041" <nospam@mchsi.com>
wrote:

>"Russ Blakeman" <rhb57@rbcsweb.net> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 08:37:58 -0500, Louis Ohland
>> <nullnvoid@charter.net> wrote:
>>
>> >http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5220809357
>> >Ends Jul-24-05 19:13:58 PDT
>> >Nunnelly, Tennessee
>>

>> And to think I scrapped 15 of these in March as no one had any
>> interest...
>
>Oh really??

Yep totally and completely without even pulling cards, memory or
drives, needed space and no one bit on any postings of free - you pay
shipping. Just tired of looking at things taking the space that I need
for storing income earning items.  I actually had to pay to get rid of
them this time too - $12 landfill fee.

No they are not still out there nor could anyone have gotten them
after I left as they ran them over with a dozer while I was still
there - saw them when I was dumping old shingles in another section of
the fill.
0
Russ
7/20/2005 2:20:20 PM
Hi!

> Yep totally and completely without even pulling cards, memory or
> drives, needed space and no one bit on any postings of free - you pay
> shipping. Just tired of looking at things taking the space that I need
> for storing income earning items.  I actually had to pay to get rid of
> them this time too - $12 landfill fee.

I don't think I ever saw any of your postings. What a shame for me, I
guess.

> No they are not still out there nor could anyone have gotten them
> after I left as they ran them over with a dozer while I was still
> there - saw them when I was dumping old shingles in another section of
> the fill.

That is really sad for the PS/2s, even if they were "only" Model 60s.

If you would happen to have a Model 65 looking for a home, I can give
it one. Same for at least one Model 80.

William

0
wm_walsh
7/20/2005 2:39:19 PM
On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 16:54:31 -0500, Russ Blakeman <rhb57@rbcsweb.net>
wrote:

>On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 08:37:58 -0500, Louis Ohland
><nullnvoid@charter.net> wrote:
>
>>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5220809357
>>Ends Jul-24-05 19:13:58 PDT
>>Nunnelly, Tennessee
>

>And to think I scrapped 15 of these in March as no one had any
>interest...

If it's money he's after, at $.07, he might as well scrap.  I did a
calculate on postage to 32258 (NE Florida) and got $21.74.

I gave away one of these a few years ago for shipping.  But it was
pretty much maxed out with a 386-now upgrade.

Leon.
0
Just
7/20/2005 11:39:02 PM
Hi!

> If it's money he's after, at $.07, he might as well scrap.  I did a
> calculate on postage to 32258 (NE Florida) and got $21.74.

I want it. $0.07 would be nice (and would lead to an interesting name for
the computer--yes I name some of them) but I don't know if it will happen
that way or not.

This isn't the first boxen I've *wanted*...that would be this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=74946&item=5207496060

William

0
William
7/21/2005 12:23:30 AM
> On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 03:07:46 GMT, "Model 8560-041" <nospam@mchsi.com>
> wrote:
>

> >"Russ Blakeman" <rhb57@rbcsweb.net> wrote in message

> >> And to think I scrapped 15 of these in March as no one had any
> >> interest...
> >
> >Oh really??
> >

> Yep totally and completely without even pulling cards, memory or
> drives, needed space and no one bit on any postings of free - you pay
> shipping. Just tired of looking at things taking the space that I need
> for storing income earning items.  I actually had to pay to get rid of
> them this time too - $12 landfill fee.
>
> No they are not still out there nor could anyone have gotten them
> after I left as they ran them over with a dozer while I was still
> there - saw them when I was dumping old shingles in another section of
> the fill.

Do you remember me asking you about extra stuff over a year ago?  Through
several e-mails for over a month, you never seemed to find the time to go
through stuff, so I could drive up and pick it up, or perhaps save it from
being thrown away.

0
Model
7/21/2005 12:39:59 AM
wm_walsh@hotmail.com wrote:

>Hi!
>
>> Yep totally and completely without even pulling cards, memory or
>> drives, needed space and no one bit on any postings of free - you pay
>> shipping. Just tired of looking at things taking the space that I need
>> for storing income earning items.  I actually had to pay to get rid of
>> them this time too - $12 landfill fee.
>
>I don't think I ever saw any of your postings. What a shame for me, I
>guess.
>
>> No they are not still out there nor could anyone have gotten them
>> after I left as they ran them over with a dozer while I was still
>> there - saw them when I was dumping old shingles in another section of
>> the fill.
>
>That is really sad for the PS/2s, even if they were "only" Model 60s.
>
>If you would happen to have a Model 65 looking for a home, I can give
>it one. Same for at least one Model 80.
>
>William

Looking for an 8580? I'll let you take one I rescued from a school
rummage sale.

Has 2 hdd, 2 memory modules, maybe a modem and an xga card. have to
look. Shipping from Cally-Fornia (as the guv says it).

0
Barovelli
7/21/2005 12:24:55 PM
external faxmodem

Foo-king A Bill. Have you like totally lost it or am I not ra-a-a-h-h-t
in the hed?

--
Reply to ohland@charter.net
0

> external faxmodem

So? That wasn't the only thing offered for sale. I didn't buy it for
the external faxmodem, though that has come in useful... I like having
external modems. They're useful when internal ones get toasted and
someone has to be connected *now*.

> Foo-king A Bill. Have you like totally lost it or am I not ra-a-a-h-h-t
> in the hed?

I don't know. (In the words of a country song...I've always been crazy,
but it's kept me from going insane...) You're so awfully cryptic that
it's hard to tell. So let me put it in simple terms that anyone should
be able to understand:

I had a Model 53SLC2. It was lost to the 2004 flood. I *wanted* another
one. These don't show up often. You posted the auction link and I put
my sights on it. Apparently someone else did too, but I was determined.
In the end I got it. I also got a modem, ChipChat sound card, and a new
in the box IBM mouse. So it wasn't a bad deal.

I want this Model 60. I won't go that far for it, but I want it for the
same reasons as the 53SLC2. It took me about ten years to build up my
collection of goodies. Now most of them are gone. I'm going to do it
again, hopefully a lot more quickly.

William

0
wm_walsh
7/21/2005 3:40:36 PM
wm_walsh@hotmail.com wrote:
> I want this Model 60. I won't go that far for it, but I want it for the
> same reasons as the 53SLC2. It took me about ten years to build up my
> collection of goodies. Now most of them are gone. I'm going to do it
> again, hopefully a lot more quickly.
>
> William

I guess you're saying you took the Good Cheap route last time, but it
wasn't quick and now you're doing the Good Quick route but it won't be
cheap. :)

--Daniel
0
Daniel
7/21/2005 9:11:11 PM
No idea who you are (must have changed to an alias) but the few people
I did have asking me for stuff were sent emails once a week right
before it and only Tim replied with interest - so all of the unwanted
went to the dump to make room for other items. I still have boxes of
loose parts to go through but I think with the hassle of posting,
sorting, etc it may well go as well especially since the only PS/2 I
presently have anymore is a 9595-OPT and it's in the process of sale
or trade soon too.

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 00:39:59 GMT, "Model 8560-041" <nospam@mchsi.com>
wrote:

>"Russ Blakeman" <rhb57@rbcsweb.net> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 03:07:46 GMT, "Model 8560-041" <nospam@mchsi.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>> >"Russ Blakeman" <rhb57@rbcsweb.net> wrote in message

>> >Oh really??
>> >

>> Yep totally and completely without even pulling cards, memory or
>> drives, needed space and no one bit on any postings of free - you pay
>> shipping. Just tired of looking at things taking the space that I need
>> for storing income earning items.  I actually had to pay to get rid of
>> them this time too - $12 landfill fee.
>>
>> No they are not still out there nor could anyone have gotten them
>> after I left as they ran them over with a dozer while I was still
>> there - saw them when I was dumping old shingles in another section of
>> the fill.
>
>Do you remember me asking you about extra stuff over a year ago?  Through
>several e-mails for over a month, you never seemed to find the time to go
>through stuff, so I could drive up and pick it up, or perhaps save it from
>being thrown away.

0
Russ
7/22/2005 3:21:50 PM
Hi.  Sorry for any confusion.  I am Jason, in north AL.

Thanks,
Jason

> No idea who you are (must have changed to an alias) but the few people
> I did have asking me for stuff were sent emails once a week right
> before it and only Tim replied with interest - so all of the unwanted
> went to the dump to make room for other items. I still have boxes of
> loose parts to go through but I think with the hassle of posting,
> sorting, etc it may well go as well especially since the only PS/2 I
> presently have anymore is a 9595-OPT and it's in the process of sale
> or trade soon too.
>

> On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 00:39:59 GMT, "Model 8560-041" <nospam@mchsi.com>
> wrote:
>

> >"Russ Blakeman" <rhb57@rbcsweb.net> wrote in message

> >> Yep totally and completely without even pulling cards, memory or
> >> drives, needed space and no one bit on any postings of free - you pay
> >> shipping. Just tired of looking at things taking the space that I need
> >> for storing income earning items.  I actually had to pay to get rid of
> >> them this time too - $12 landfill fee.
> >>
> >> No they are not still out there nor could anyone have gotten them
> >> after I left as they ran them over with a dozer while I was still
> >> there - saw them when I was dumping old shingles in another section of
> >> the fill.
> >
> >Do you remember me asking you about extra stuff over a year ago?  Through
> >several e-mails for over a month, you never seemed to find the time to go
> >through stuff, so I could drive up and pick it up, or perhaps save it
from
> >being thrown away.

0
Model
7/23/2005 12:04:29 AM
On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 00:04:29 GMT, "Model 8560-041" <nospam@mchsi.com>
wrote:

>Hi.  Sorry for any confusion.  I am Jason, in north AL.
>
>Thanks,
>Jason

Well now that makes more sense and back then I am pretty sure you also
were in the list of people sent but we can't cry over spilled millk,
or scrapped machines.

0
Russ
7/23/2005 3:26:58 AM
Hi!

> I guess you're saying you took the Good Cheap route last time, but it
> wasn't quick and now you're doing the Good Quick route but it won't be
> cheap. :)

Bingo! (Mostly, anyway...I want to do things cheaply as possible, but there
are a few boxen that I never got to work with. Those are 'priorities' and
are subject to coming at any price...)

William

0
William

Auction: VINTAGE IBM PS2 PS/2 MODEL 70 PC COMPUTER
>http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-IBM-PS2-PS-2-MODEL-70-PC-COMPUTER-CLEAN-386_W0QQitemZ5105726548QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< Ends Oct-02-05 19:26:06 PDT -- Reply to ohland@charter.net On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 20:05:07 -0500, Louis Ohland <nullnvoid@charter.net> wrote: >> http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-IBM-PS2-PS-2-MODEL-70-PC-COMPUTER-CLEAN-386_W0QQitemZ5105726548QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< > Ends Oct-02-05 19:26:06 PDT This thing won't run an OS/2 1.0, 1.1 would it? It requires a 286? If so guess I'll be waiting for another 50Z to bubble up. :\ --Daniel Hi! > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=%205105726548 I think it becomes obvious when a person looking at the listing also has one of those coffee cans (look in the picture background) that he has *far too much stuff*. Otherwise a very nice looking computer. I find the dual floppy setup especially handy. William On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 21:51:00 -0500, William R. Walsh <newgroups1@nojunquemail.walshcomptech.com> wrote: > Hi! > >> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=%205105726548 > > I think it becomes obvious when a person looking at the listing also has one > of those coffee cans (look in the picture background) that he has *far too > much stuff*. > > Otherwise a very nice looking computer. I find the dual floppy setup > especially handy. > > William...

Auction: Vintage IBM PS/2 Model 56 SX Type: 8556 Computer #2
>http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-IBM-PS-2-Model-56-SX-Type-8556-Computer_W0QQitemZ8763178274QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< Ends Feb-14-06 18:32:36 PST Vintage IBM PS/2 Model 56 SX Type: 8556 Computer http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8763178274 End time: Tuesday, February 14, 2006 at 6:32:36 PM Pacific Standard Time Already commented before the system was relisted that it lacks RAM & has a 386SLC, 486SLC2, or 486SLC3 upgrade daughtercard. David David@IBMMuseum.com ...

Auction: IBM PS/2 L40 SX PS-2 Vintage Computer
L40SX are always interesting... http://search.ebay.com/320196297042 Starting bid of $39.95. $25.00 shipping and gouging to the US only. Located in Dallas, TX USA. Ends Dec-20-07, 15:04:25 PST (3 days, 5 five hours). Money order, cashier's check, credit card, PayPal, 14 day hold on personal checks. Item is for sale outside of eBay as well (is that allowed?) and the listing may end if it isn't bid on. No affiliation. William ...

Auction: IBM PS/2 MODEL 8590-OH9, MICROCHANNEL, COMPUTER,VINTAGE
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-PS-2-MODEL-8590-OH9-MICROCHANNEL-COMPUTER-VINTAGE_W0QQitemZ8713664375QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< Ends Oct-31-05 10:24:25 PST I think it's that wooden shoe out in Kali-fornia.... it sure is, i got a splinter Jerry -- Brought to you from a COMPAQ PROLIANT 3000, check out www.jerrysmicro.com "Louis Ohland" <ohland@charter.net> wrote in message news:PGr7f.19830$E17.6582@fe03.lga... > >http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-PS-2-MODEL-8590-OH9-MICROCHANNEL-COMPUTER-VINTAGE_W 0QQitemZ8713664375QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< > Ends Oct-31-05 10:24:25 PST > > I think it's that wooden shoe out in Kali-fornia.... Hi! Would love to have an *85*90, but I'm tired of the eBay game at the moment. Wish it had a "buy it now". Jerry, does this thing have the artifact DBA ESDI connectors at the front of the planar, or just the solder spots? William The -OG9 that I had came with solder pads, IIRC. Hi, Only has the solder spots, no connector. Jerry -- Brought to you from a COMPAQ PROLIANT 3000, check out www.jerrysmicro.com <wm_walsh@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1130265495.949113.161140@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi! > > Would love to have an *85*90, but I'm tired of the eBay game at the > moment. Wish it had a "buy it now". > > Jerry, does this thing have the artifact DBA ESDI connectors at the &g...

Auction: Vintage IBM PS/2, Model 70, 386 Computer WORKING!!
>http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-IBM-PS-2-Model-70-386-Computer-WORKING_W0QQitemZ8763017206QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< Ends Feb-16-06 16:00:00 PST 8570-E61 Louis Ohland wrote: > >http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-IBM-PS-2-Model-70-386-Computer-WORKING_W0QQitemZ8763017206QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< > > Ends Feb-16-06 16:00:00 PST > 8570-E61 Looks like he's got a couple of pictures swapped between this auction and the 50Z he's also selling. > Looks like he's got a couple of pictures swapped between this auction > and the 50Z he's also selling. I don't think so. Every pictures belong to each system. Screen images are different. Inner views are also different. There are 3x 16bit slots on 50Z plannere while 2x 32bit and 1x 16bit slots are on 89570-E. HD interface risers are also different. See each HDs how they sit on the deck. FCC ID on the labels are differrent too. Hi! > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8763017206 (David, what's the word on your link shortener?) Now that's interesting...either someone has been diddling with the machine's planar, or that's a 16MHz "short board". I've heard of such a creation, but I don't know if it exists or not. I don't suppose anyone here would have an 8570-E61 with the proper 16MHz planar. The flood ate the CMOS circuitry on mine, and I'd really like to have another. ...

Auction: Vintage IBM PC PS/2 Model 90 486 Computer
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230208268007 Current bid: US $9.99 End time: Jan-06-08 10:49:07 PST (2 days 22 hours) Ships to: United States, Canada Item location: Pearland, Texas, United States This auction is for an IBM PS/2 Model 90 486. These computers were built to last. This one is in perfect working order, other than minor scratches and scuffs it might have aquired during it's life. Model-Type: IBM PS/2 Model 90 486 8590-0L9 Processor: Intel 486SX 25Mhz Video: XGA (512KB) RAM: 8MB Hard Drive: SCSI 400MB Floppy Drive: 2.88MB Expansion Bus: Microchannel (2 slots available) 1. IBM SCSI Adapter/A (SPOCK) 2. IBM M-Motion Video Adapter (w/daughter card) Operating System: IBM DOS 5.00 / Microsoft Windows 3.1 Special: Keys still taped to back! No affiliation -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com Looks good. JWR wrote: > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230208268007 > > Current bid: US $9.99 > End time: Jan-06-08 10:49:07 PST (2 days 22 hours) > Ships to: United States, Canada > Item location: Pearland, Texas, United States > > This auction is for an IBM PS/2 Model 90 486. These computers were built to > last. This one is in perfect working order, other than minor scratches...

Auction: Vintage Portable Bag for IBM PS/2 Model 30 Computer
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270104098413 End time: Mar-31-07 18:11:19 PDT (4 days 4 hours) Ships to: Worldwide Item location: St Andrews West, Ontario, Canada Description: This IBM Portable bag has an outside pockets for the keyboard, 3 large inside pockets and smaller pockets for software and the like. It has 4 casters on the bottom, 2 carry handles on the sides and "dog leash" for pulling on the back. It has 2 zippers and velcro strips to keep it closed. There are small light stains in areas about the outside of the bag. This bag was for a Model 30, but may fit others. No affiliation Remember: it's the bag that's portable, not the model 30 ...... -- Jelte The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com ...

IBM PS/2 Machine Model 60 Computer 8560 NR auction
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5221182825 Ends Jul-25-05 19:27:19 PDT Looks to have a dongle, that blue thingamabob to the left. Seller does Paypal, Bidpay and credit cards -- Reply to ohland@charter.net Louis Ohland wrote: .... > > Looks to have a dongle, that blue thingamabob to the left. > > Seller does Paypal, Bidpay and credit cards > Reply to ohland@charter.net It comes with keys! In front of that thinamabob. Dan Louis Ohland wrote: > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5221182825 > Ends Jul-25-05 19:27:19 PDT > .... > > Seller does Paypal, Bidpay and credit cards http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=bargainland-liquidation And look - they only average one-thousand negative feedbacks per month :-) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5221182825 > http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=bargainland-liquidation > > And look - they only average one-thousand negative feedbacks per month > :-) Looked at their listing just a bit more, and see that the thousand negs a month is *in spite of* overt, explicit, feedback extortion: "FEEDBACK Positive feedback is left automatically when winning bidder leaves a positive comment for Bargainland. Leaving Bargainland a negative feedback may result in a negative counter feedback, or other appropriate response,...

Auction: IBM PS/2 MODEL 8556-049, MICROCHANNEL, COMPUTER,VINTAGE
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-PS-2-MODEL-8556-049-MICROCHANNEL-COMPUTER-VINTAGE_W0QQitemZ5243355480QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< Ends Sep-22-05 11:04:20 PDT Shipping from Anaheim, CA to Beloit, WI US Postal Service Parcel Post $26.78 Knowing what bricks the 56/76 models are, this isn't too bad. YMMV. -- Reply to ohland@charter.net Oh, hell. It's Jerry. The wooden shoe wonder out there on the left coast. Jerry, any more RAID stuff? The stuff I got from you about two years ago was primo. Louis Ohland wrote: > > >http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-PS-2-MODEL-8556-049-MICROCHANNEL-COMPUTER-VINTAGE_W0QQitemZ5243355480QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< > Ends Sep-22-05 11:04:20 PDT > > Shipping from Anaheim, CA to Beloit, WI > US Postal Service Parcel Post $26.78 > > Knowing what bricks the 56/76 models are, this isn't too bad. YMMV. > > -- > Reply to ohland@charter.net -- Reply to ohland@charter.net Jerry, use lower case letters! It's easy to do. The caps lock key is on the left side. Press it down and the Caps Lock LED on the upper right of the keyboard goes out. Louis Ohland wrote: > > Oh, hell. It's Jerry. The wooden shoe wonder out there on the left > coast. > > Jerry, any more RAID stuff? The stuff I got from you about two years ago > was primo. > > Louis Ohland wrote: > > > > >http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-PS-2-MODEL-...

Auction: Vintage IBM PC PS/2 Model 35 SX 386 Computer
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230208265679 Current bid: US $11.00 End time: Jan-06-08 10:41:45 PST (2 days 22 hours) Ships to: United States, Canada Item location: Pearland, Texas, United States Model-Type: IBM PS/2 Model 35 SX 8535-043 Processor: Intel 386SX 20Mhz Video: VGA RAM: 6MB Hard Drive: IDE 40MB Floppy Drive: 1.44MB Expansion Bus: ISA (0 slots available) 1. Network Adapter: Token Ring 16/4 2. Modem: 2400 baud 3. Serial Communications Card Operating System: IBM DOS 5.00 No affiliation -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com ...

Auction: Vintage IBM PS/2 Model 56 SX Type: 8556 Computer
>http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-IBM-PS-2-Model-56-SX-Type-8556-Computer_W0QQitemZ8757009920QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< Ends Feb-01-06 20:33:26 PST Hi Louis, Vintage IBM PS/2 Model 56 SX Type: 8556 Computer http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8757009920 End time: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 at 8:33:26 PM Pacific Standard Time "When powered on, this computer displays a "000211CZ" error which is a memory error..." No duh, no SIMMs installed. Stripped of the hard drive as well. It does, however, have either an SLC2 or SLC3 (can't see fully because of the riser stabilizer) daughtercard upgrade. David David@IBMMuseum.com ...

Auction: Vintage IBM PS/2 Model 90 XP 486 Desktop Computer
http://search.ebay.com/180909225962 Jun 24, 201214:59:03 PDT Free shipping, the price is not bad... Looks fair to good. Don't see the memory risers or bracket. No HD sled. H or L complex. ...

Auction: VINTAGE IBM PS/2 COMPUTER MODEL 50Z TYPE 8550-031
http://search.ebay.com/370389780338 Jun 07, 201017:25:06 PDT Some of the harware is a bit rusty. From personal experience, it probably runs. Dusty. UsPS PARCEL POST mail SHIPPING FEE OF $39.00 ...

Auction: IBM PS2 PS/2 VINTAGE 8530 8086 COMPUTER SYSTEM 8530-C03
Totally medialess...there isn't even a floppy drive. Never seen anything like it before. Check out the full length ISA TR card (probably 4 megabit...)! Current bid of $19.99, shipping to me was figured at $20.93. Located in Holliston, MA USA. Ships worldwide. http://search.ebay.com/280227390214 (which brings me to something else--what is up with all these eBay IDs that I've seen lately where there are two characters at each end of the ID separated by *s? must be a privacy thing or something...) William Hi William, > Totally medialess...there isn't even a floppy drive. I could make you one ;-)) > > http://search.ebay.com/280227390214 > > (which brings me to something else--what is up with all these eBay IDs > that I've seen lately where there are two characters at each end of > the ID separated by *s? must be a privacy thing or something...) > > William Thinking again: I don't have a 8530 with a 8086 in it. Oh, well . . . Jelte. Hi William, > Totally medialess...there isn't even a floppy drive. Never > seen anything like it before. Check out the full length > ISA TR card (probably 4 megabit...)!... Many of my 8086-based Model 25s I got from a school auction lot were set to RIPL from an image on an 8595 (running NW3.11). They still had the 720Kb floppy drive however. As far as I remember, IBM TR has RIPL code built-in (commonly Ethernet adapters, unless s...

Auction: VINTAGE IBM PS/2 60MB ESDI Hard Drive WD-387T 1987
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220079317002 Includes the (easily damaged!) printed flex cable from the 55SX it was probably pulled from. Ends Feb-12-2007, 11:38:51 PST Ships worldwide. Drive sold as-is due to age per the seller. Shipping and gouging looks to be a little high at $13 to eastern Central Illinois. No affiliation. William ...

Angels with flaming swords Auction: Vintage IBM PS/2 Model 75 486 Computer 33mHz
To the group, don't try it. I'm on it. ardent-blue How high is your pain point? On Feb 25, 11:07 am, Louis Ohland <ohl...@charter.net> wrote: > To the group, don't try it. I'm on it. > > ardent-blue > > How high is your pain point? The guy you are bidding against is relentless.......better sharpen your spear and tighten up your armored jockstrap......(and find a good sniping software)........ There will be a price to pay... My max is not $15. Tim Knight/CT wrote: > On Feb 25, 11:07 am, Louis Ohland <ohl...@charter.net> wrote: >> To the group, don't try it. I'm on it. >> >> ardent-blue >> >> How high is your pain point? > > The guy you are bidding against is relentless.......better sharpen > your spear and tighten up your armored jockstrap......(and find a good > sniping software)........ > > On Feb 25, 4:44 pm, Louis Ohland <ohl...@charter.net> wrote: > There will be a price to pay... My max is not $15. > I really hope you snatch it up.....mine is broken and maybe you can help me fix it.... > > > Tim Knight/CT wrote: > > On Feb 25, 11:07 am, Louis Ohland <ohl...@charter.net> wrote: > >> To the group, don't try it. I'm on it. > > >> ardent-blue > > >> How high is your pain point? > > > The guy you are bidding against is relent...

Auction: Vintage 386 IBM PS/2 Model 35 SX Computer MT: 8535-3T3
>http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-386-IBM-PS-2-Model-35-SX-Computer-MT-8535-3T3_W0QQitemZ8818580571QQihZ005QQcategoryZ4193QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< End time: 23 hours 43 mins ...

Auction (Attention Australia!): VINTAGE IBM PS/2 SYSTEM MODEL 55 SX + HARD DISK
http://search.ebay.com/220147856145 Starting bid of AU$15. Ends Sep-17-07 00:47:08 PDT (3 days, 16 hours) Ships Worldwide, located in South West Goulburn, VIC, Australia. No affiliation. Needs its Dallas module reworked. Seller says that a matching monitor is available. William ...

Auction: IBM PS/2 Model 70 386 computer, 20 MHz, 80 MB hard disk
Looks real clean. 8570-161 with an 80MB disk. (Or should I say "DASD"?) http://search.ebay.com/220105437532 Ships within the US for $25 via FedEx ground. Located in Fort Collins, CO USA. (Wasn't there a group member located near Fort Collins?) Ends Apr-29-07 18:15:39 PDT. No affiliation. (Oh, and Google Groups doesn't seem to be updating properly. Hmmmph.) William ...

Auction: IBM PS2 PS/2 Vintage Server Collectible sys 8595-0KF (William!! It's a xKx!!!)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270237772168 Starting bid: US $59.00 End time: May-22-08 09:23:51 PDT (6 days 19 hours) Ships to: Worldwide Item location: Holliston/Boston, MA, United States You are bidding on a IBM PS2 PS/2 Vintage Server Collectible sys 8595-0KF. This has been test and in working condition. This is not really intended to be used as a computer, rather a collectible piece of IBM history. Unit IS WORKING, and cosmetically in great shape It has a 1.44 floppy and NO Hard drive and would require very specific ones if you were to go the route. (IBM older SCSI- example 85F0011, 85F0012) Proc is a 486 DX-33 FRU 64F0198 Has Internal/Ext SCSI Controller w/ Cache FRU# 85F0063 Has 8MB of RAM Has an XGA Monitor Card and requires XGA IBM Monitors System Board we believe to be FRU 33F5717 Power Supply we believe to be 92F0051 No Keyboard or Mouse. No affiliation -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com I'm looking for a 95*85*-xKx/xNx. But you should have seen how my heart skipped a beat! Thanks for pointing it out. :-) The shipping's not too far off, so if it ends without a bidder, I will probably ask about it. William "William R. Walsh" <newsgroups1@idontwantjunqueemail.walshcomptech.com> schreef in b...

Auction: Rare Vintage IBM PS/2 Model P70 386 Portable Computer (Merry olde England, where are the heary yeomen of yore?)
>http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Vintage-IBM-PS-2-Model-P70-386-Portable-Computer_W0QQitemZ8725479944QQcategoryZ4193QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< Ends Nov-28-05 10:51:20 PST Ferndown, United Kingdom ...

Auction: Rare Vintage IBM PS/2 Model 76 486 #2
<http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Vintage-IBM-PS-2-Model-76-486_W0QQitemZ330087229483QQihZ014QQcategoryZ4193QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> End time: Feb-17-07 02:21:06 PST S&H may not be to your tastes. Item in Connecticut. Louis Ohland wrote: > <http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Vintage-IBM-PS-2-Model-76-486_W0QQitemZ330087229483QQihZ014QQcategoryZ4193QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> > End time: Feb-17-07 02:21:06 PST > > S&H may not be to your tastes. Item in Connecticut. Louis: You dropped your copyright notice from http://ps-2.kev009.com: 8081/ohlandl/. Was that intentional? Wikipedia references your site. FYI Dan the K Louis Ohland wrote: > <http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Vintage-IBM-PS-2-Model-76-486_W0QQitemZ330087229483QQihZ014QQcategoryZ4193QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> > End time: Feb-17-07 02:21:06 PST > > S&H may not be to your tastes. Item in Connecticut. Louis: You dropped your copyright notice from http://ps-2.kev009.com: 8081/ohlandl/. Was that intentional? Wikipedia references your site. FYI Dan the K There is nothing intentional as fair as I'm concerned. Where is the void, that I may throw myself into it? Copyright notice or not, I still have my rights to the Ardent-Tool. One day, I might exercise them. Why, I dunno. Dan-the K wrote: > Louis Ohland wrote: >> <http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Vintage-IBM-PS-2-Model-76-486_W0QQitemZ330087229483QQihZ014QQcategoryZ4193QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewIt...

Auction: IBM PS/2 Model 76 486 DOS Computer #2
Bermuda 9576-DUA <http://search.ebay.com/230122821339 End time: May-01-07 19:21:27 PDT Raryl XGA-2, 3c529-TP, 12MB ...

Auction: IBM PS/2 Model 70 with External Optical Drive and OS/2
It looks like time forgot about this one. Seller says it hasn't run in ~12 years, but look at all the stuff that comes with it! http://search.ebay.com/250220637456 Starting bid of $20.00, shipping ~$37.30 to the US only and by way of UPS Ground service. Located in North Tonawanda (now that's a name for a town!), NY USA. Ends Mar-06-2008, 06:45:20 PST (6 days, 22 hours). No affiliation. Disclaimer: I have enough Model 70s, but I am somewhat seriously considering throwing my hat in the ring for this one. The only thing putting me off is the shipping, not that it's unreasonable... What is (or was?) a PC on the Highway? William A memory card, perhaps a Kingston. Looks to be a late Spock, notice the yellow resistor network by the slot bracket? My guess was the Spock is a late add-on to support the MO disk. (duh!) wm_walsh@hotmail.com wrote: > It looks like time forgot about this one. Seller says it hasn't run in > ~12 years, but look at all the stuff that comes with it! > > http://search.ebay.com/250220637456 > > Starting bid of $20.00, shipping ~$37.30 to the US only and by way of > UPS Ground service. Located in North Tonawanda (now that's a name for > a town!), NY USA. > > Ends Mar-06-2008, 06:45:20 PST (6 days, 22 hours). > > No affiliation. > > Disclaimer: I have enough Model 70s, but I am somewhat seriously > considering throwing my hat in the ring for t...

Web resources about - IBM Model 60 PS/2 Tower Computer Vintage Big Hard Drive auction - comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware

Computer Show

Men behind Diffie-Hellman key exchange receive top computer science prize
... PGP, TLS, and all your fav crypto protocols. On Tuesday, the Association for Computing Machinery, the nation’s leading organization for computer ...

Pentagon invites hackers to test its computer security
The Defense Department plans to invite hackers to break into its computer systems so it can find and fix weaknesses before they're exploited ...

Updated Snooper's charter will allow police to remotely hack phones and computers
... new legislation will permit authorities to not only access the browsing histories of suspected criminals, but also to remotely hack into computers ...

How powerful is the human brain compared to a computer?
For as fast and powerful as computers have become, they still pose no match for the human brain. Sure, a computer specifically programmed to ...

There's a new version of the insanely cheap hobbyist computer Raspberry Pi — and it finally has Wi-Fi ...
Wildly popular hobbyist computer company Raspberry Pi is launching a new device . The Raspberry Pi 3, which goes on sale for $35 (£30), brings ...

IRS: Computer breach bigger than first thought
Tax collecting agency says more taxpayers' information may have been stolen by computer hackers than previously estimated

Tiny computer to help run smart homes
A new version of the tiny Raspberry Pi computer has been released, and it could help power your home.