IBM "Olympic" TR adapters / PS/2 ThinkPads with Cardbus?

Hi there!

I'm fiddling around with the MCA Linux kernel again. I've come across a
IBM "Olympic" TR chipset driver. Questions:

1. Do MC TR adapters with this "Olympic" chipset exist?
2. Do PS/2 ThinkPads support Cardbus (32-bit PCMCIA style PCI) and
therefore have a PCI bus?
3. Is there general interest in this driver, maybe for PCI/MCA machines
or later ThinkPads?

Saskia

PS: Added EtherStreamer support.
--
Remove ".KEIN.ROASTBEEF" from my address to send mail
0

Hi Saskia !

> Hi there!
>
> I'm fiddling around with the MCA Linux kernel again. I've come across a
> IBM "Olympic" TR chipset driver. Questions:
>
> 1. Do MC TR adapters with this "Olympic" chipset exist?

Oof.
The LAN-Streamer MC32 is basically the root for the Olympic chipset.
The PCI adapters inherited a lot of the LAN-Streamer.
Usually the MC TR adapters were "Tropic" - shared RAM adapters with only
mediocre transfer rates.

> 2. Do PS/2 ThinkPads support Cardbus (32-bit PCMCIA style PCI) and
> therefore have a PCI bus?

No.
Not the old ones. They're 5V / 16-bit standard PCMCIA only.
Cannot remember which one of the Past-Pentium 233MMX's got Cardbus.
Might have been the 600E (?) or the TP i-Series (1200 / 1400 / 1500 ...)
and later types.
The 770 isn't. I have one. Basically all 7xx are 16-bit.

> 3. Is there general interest in this driver, maybe for PCI/MCA machines
> or later ThinkPads?

It were tempting to use the Auto LAN Streamer MC32 in the S-520 instead
of a "Tropic" Auto 16/4. But my S-520 didn't work very well under Linux.
By what reason it kernel-panicked after some runtime. Runs under WNT4
Server actually - and there's no problem with the "Olympics". I then
switched to a PCI Lanstreamer adapter.

> Saskia
>
> PS: Added EtherStreamer support.

--
Very friendly greetings from Peter in Germany
http://members.aol.com/mcapage0/mcaindex.htm

*** Reply to: peterwendt@aol.com only ! ***
0
Peter
8/21/2005 9:06:11 PM
>> 2. Do PS/2 ThinkPads support Cardbus (32-bit PCMCIA style PCI) and
>> therefore have a PCI bus?
>

> No.
> Not the old ones. They're 5V / 16-bit standard PCMCIA only.
> Cannot remember which one of the Past-Pentium 233MMX's got Cardbus.
> Might have been the 600E (?) or the TP i-Series (1200 / 1400 / 1500 ...)
> and later types.
> The 770 isn't. I have one. Basically all 7xx are 16-bit.

I have to disagree with you there.  I have a ThinkPad 770 (P-MMX/233)
right beside me that has a CardBus ethernet card installed and
operational.  My older 365XD (P/120) was 16-bit/5V only, though.

--Phil
0
Phil
8/21/2005 10:01:16 PM
Hi Peter!

First: There is a olympic driver already, I just didn't see it. But it
needs some patches.

> The LAN-Streamer MC32 is basically the root for the Olympic chipset.
> The PCI adapters inherited a lot of the LAN-Streamer.
> Usually the MC TR adapters were "Tropic" - shared RAM adapters with only
> mediocre transfer rates.

Thanks, I've included Nico's lanstreamer-mc driver, which covers that.
Tropic is fully covered by ibmtr.

>> 3. Is there general interest in this driver, maybe for PCI/MCA
>> machines or later ThinkPads?
>
> It were tempting to use the Auto LAN Streamer MC32 in the S-520 instead
> of a "Tropic" Auto 16/4. But my S-520 didn't work very well under Linux.
> By what reason it kernel-panicked after some runtime. Runs under WNT4
> Server actually - and there's no problem with the "Olympics". I then
> switched to a PCI Lanstreamer adapter.

With lanstreamer-mc? olympic would cover only PCI and Cardbus adapters,
except for the real LANStreamers, which are serviced by the driver
lanstreamer. I think I'll patch the olympic and other TR adapters just
for you PC Server guys and the users of the first Cardbus ThinkPads ;o)

---

Next question: Unix binary compatibility, anyone? You could run on-topic
Solaris, Xenix and UnixWare apps natively. If you ever wanted to know
how MS-Word for Unix looks like! Would enlarge the kernel source tree by
800 KB (200 KB gzipped).

Saskia
--
Remove ".KEIN.ROASTBEEF" from my address to send mail
0
Saskia
8/21/2005 10:10:33 PM
Hi!

> The 770 isn't. I have one. Basically all 7xx are 16-bit.

I have a 760EL right here that has CardBus support. In all honestly it
doesn't work under Win98 because the PCI subsystem doesn't like something
about the BIOS. Regular PCMCIA cards work fine...

Right now I don't have the RAM card to go with this computer...does anyone
here have one and the door that goes over it?

William

0
William
8/22/2005 3:32:32 AM
Hi William...

"William R. Walsh" <newgroups1@nojunquemail.walshcomptech.com> wrote in
message news:jHbOe.272161$_o.173907@attbi_s71...
> Hi!
>
> > The 770 isn't. I have one. Basically all 7xx are 16-bit.
>
> I have a 760EL right here that has CardBus support. In all honestly it
> doesn't work under Win98 because the PCI subsystem doesn't like something
> about the BIOS. Regular PCMCIA cards work fine...
>
> Right now I don't have the RAM card to go with this computer...does anyone
> here have one and the door that goes over it?

Darn, you should have asked that a couple of days ago. I "won" exactly that
on eBay about then. Too far down the road to change the shipping info now,
I'd guess, let me check.

--
Regards,
        Tim Clarke (a.k.a. WBST)

0
Tim
8/22/2005 3:47:18 AM
On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 03:32:32 GMT, "William R. Walsh"
<newgroups1@nojunquemail.walshcomptech.com> wrote:

>Hi!
>
>> The 770 isn't. I have one. Basically all 7xx are 16-bit.
>
>I have a 760EL right here that has CardBus support. In all honestly it
>doesn't work under Win98 because the PCI subsystem doesn't like something
>about the BIOS. Regular PCMCIA cards work fine...
>
>Right now I don't have the RAM card to go with this computer...does anyone
>here have one and the door that goes over it?
>
>William

Ram on a laptop should be a 144 pin SODIMM - check for specs at
crucial.com - that's Micron's retail outlet.

If you have the parts breakdown find the FRU or PN for the door and
try Google first.

0
Russ
8/22/2005 4:42:37 AM
Hi Russ...

"Russ Blakeman" <rhb57@rbcsweb.net> wrote in message
> On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 03:32:32 GMT, "William R. Walsh"
> <newgroups1@nojunquemail.walshcomptech.com> wrote:
>
> >Right now I don't have the RAM card to go with this computer...does
anyone
> >here have one and the door that goes over it?
> >
> Ram on a laptop should be a 144 pin SODIMM - check for specs at
> crucial.com - that's Micron's retail outlet.
>
> If you have the parts breakdown find the FRU or PN for the door and
> try Google first.

The TP760s have one of two "DIMM carrier" cards that plug into the system
underneath a "cover". It's these two items that William's missing, before he
can even consider buying SODIMMs (of which I have a couple of 16MB ones for
the cost of shipping, to members here).

--
Regards,
        Tim Clarke (a.k.a. WBST)

0
Tim
8/22/2005 5:16:30 AM
On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 05:16:30 GMT, "Tim Clarke"
<SpamBlock.Monetaim.Com@cswebmail.com> wrote:

>The TP760s have one of two "DIMM carrier" cards that plug into the system
>underneath a "cover". It's these two items that William's missing, before he
>can even consider buying SODIMMs (of which I have a couple of 16MB ones for
>the cost of shipping, to members here).

Ah ok I know the card you mean and forgot they have that...
0
Russ

>I have a 760EL right here that has CardBus support. In all honestly it
>doesn't work under Win98 because the PCI subsystem doesn't like something
>about the BIOS. Regular PCMCIA cards work fine...

Same here with my 760XL.  Has a TI1130 CardBus brige, but CardBus cards
won't get you anything but red exclamation marks in 98's device manager...

Linux complains that it can't assign a PCI interrupt to the CardBus
bridge.  The BIOS didn't assign one, and the PCI interrupt routing table
doesn't list the Cardbus bridge's device ids - but instead other device
ids that aren't present at all in the hardware.  Given the bridge's PCI
interrupt lines are wired to the chipset's ISA bridge at all, it would
require a lot of reverse engineering to find that out :-(

Best regards

Alfred

--
Alfred Arnold                   E-Mail: alfred@ccac.rwth-aachen.de
Computer Club at the            http://john.ccac.rwth-aachen.de:8000/alf/

0
Alfred
8/22/2005 5:45:41 AM
Hi!

> Same here with my 760XL.  Has a TI1130 CardBus brige, but CardBus cards
> won't get you anything but red exclamation marks in 98's device manager...

I got yellow exclamation points with any card that I tried...but a 3COM card
"tried" to work. That card was present in Device Manager with no complaints.
However, the network connectivity just wasn't there.

IBM has (had?) a flash BIOS update dated 1999 something available from their
US website. It sounded like this update would do something to address the
problem, so I applied it to the machine. Nothing was harmed, but nothing was
helped either.

IIRC some of the RAM on my card went bad and I have no idea where it is now.
A friend loaned me his RAM card and it worked OK for a while before I had to
return it. I am not sure that I ever had the door for the RAM compartment.
The machine came to me free ("somewhat incomplete") with no drives and no
power supply. I bought a supply and floppy off of eBay...but not before
using a Compaq LTE 5000 to talk to the computer in the only way I
could--over IR. I beamed a set of Win98 CAB files over to it and did a fresh
installation. That took all night but it worked well.

Remarkably the battery was in the computer and it works very well. I really
think this could be a very nice little machine to tote around, save for the
lack of any RAM right now...

William

0
William
8/22/2005 6:03:30 AM
Hi Alfred...

"Alfred Arnold" <alfred@ccac.rwth-aachen.de> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> >I have a 760EL right here that has CardBus support. In all honestly it
> >doesn't work under Win98 because the PCI subsystem doesn't like something
> >about the BIOS. Regular PCMCIA cards work fine...
>
> Same here with my 760XL.  Has a TI1130 CardBus brige, but CardBus cards
> won't get you anything but red exclamation marks in 98's device manager...

There's the ThinkPad Configuration utility in a download somewhere (as I
type on my trusty TP760ED) which I have showing in my Win95 OSR2 Toolbar
(practically Win98). I call that up and select Device Configuration - PC
Card Slots and it presents a Dialog Box that has a check-box to enable
CardBus support, check this and that activates a scroll-box for the IRQ to
assign for this, lastly there's a button to continue to Win95 Device
Manager, so that's NOT where this functionality lives!!!

> Linux complains that it can't assign a PCI interrupt to the CardBus
> bridge.  The BIOS didn't assign one, and the PCI interrupt routing table
> doesn't list the Cardbus bridge's device ids - but instead other device
> ids that aren't present at all in the hardware.  Given the bridge's PCI
> interrupt lines are wired to the chipset's ISA bridge at all, it would
> require a lot of reverse engineering to find that out :-(

It wouldn't be possible to assign anything but a very low priority to this,
but I have the tools (and, I believe, the skills) to do this.

--
Regards,
        Tim Clarke (a.k.a. WBST)

0
Tim
8/22/2005 6:33:23 AM

message news:SUdOe.269911$x96.41640@attbi_s72...
> Hi!
>
> > Same here with my 760XL.  Has a TI1130 CardBus brige, but CardBus cards
> > won't get you anything but red exclamation marks in 98's device
manager...

> I got yellow exclamation points with any card that I tried...but a 3COM
card
> "tried" to work. That card was present in Device Manager with no
complaints.
> However, the network connectivity just wasn't there.

See my reply to Alfred's post.
--
Regards,
        Tim Clarke (a.k.a. WBST)

0
Tim
8/22/2005 6:33:23 AM
Hi Phil (and others) !

>>> 2. Do PS/2 ThinkPads support Cardbus (32-bit PCMCIA style PCI) and
>>> therefore have a PCI bus?
>>

>> No.
>> Not the old ones. They're 5V / 16-bit standard PCMCIA only.
>> Cannot remember which one of the Past-Pentium 233MMX's got Cardbus.
>> Might have been the 600E (?) or the TP i-Series (1200 / 1400 / 1500
>> ...) and later types.
>> The 770 isn't. I have one. Basically all 7xx are 16-bit.
>

> I have to disagree with you there.  I have a ThinkPad 770 (P-MMX/233)
> right beside me that has a CardBus ethernet card installed and
> operational.  My older 365XD (P/120) was 16-bit/5V only, though.

I'd checked my TP770 again.

Okay, it has a TI PCI-1250 Cardbus controller as well as it is
internally a PCI machine with PIIX4 82371AB/EB/MB chipset.

Out of curiosity I'd installed a CardBus WiFi card (Netgear WG511 -
54Mbit) in it. That machine runs SuSE 9 (2.4.21 kernel). The card is
known to work in my T41 with no problems.

First observation: none of the cards LEDs comes on - other than with the
TEAC 11Mbps WL-card (which is 5V / 16-bit).

Second observation: it appears to work somehow sporadically.
The WL-router sometimes gets a signal and MAC from it.
However: you cannot work with it. The parameters used (namely SSID and
topology settings, Gateway etc.) are the same as for the TEAC, which
*does* work with no problems right from the spot.

I tried it both with and without an AVM Fritz! ISDN card in the second
slot, which is a 5V / 16-bit card as well. I wanted to check out if the
controller is capable to do *either* of the modes (16 or 32 bit) but not
both at one time. No change in either configuration. Lights stay dark.

Linux' hardware info (that of YAST) writes for this card:
"Illegal Vendor ID Unclassified device"

Deeper down I found that the cardctl returned
Socket 0: 3.3V CardBus card
function 0: [ready]

The cardctl info returned
Socket 0:
product info: "Intersil","ISL3890","-","-"
manfid: 0x00b, 0x3890"
function: 254 ((null))

Uh. Funny.
The TEAC returns "6 network" for the latter one. Hmmm.

Currently I don't have the opportunity to "test-drive" the TP770 with
Mickeysoft, since I'd use my spare 12GB 2.5" HDD in an external USB
drive-box :-)

--
Very friendly greetings from Peter in Germany
http://members.aol.com/mcapage0/mcaindex.htm

*** Reply to: peterwendt@aol.com only ! ***
0
Peter

Auctions (2): Three IBM PS2 Graphics Adapters 8514/A *AND* IBM MicroChannel 4869 External 5-1/4" Disk Drive (360K)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270123874305 Starting bid: US $0.99 End time: May-31-07 16:43:43 PDT (6 days 3 hours) Ships to: United States Item location: Surprise, Arizona, United States IBM PS/2 MicroChannel CAD Workstation Graphics Cards Model 8514/A listing is for a quantity of three shipped for a single price Also by same seller : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270123854097 Starting bid: US $0.99 End time: May-31-07 15:51:52 PDT (6 days 3 hours) Includes the drive sled, the MCA adapter card and ribbon cables for inside the box (as shown in the picture). No affiliation PS William, WCT is mentioned in both auctions. -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com ...

"IBM PS/2 Software Solutions"
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3659352390 NA I bid. (I'm "wakeco-pc")... Had one of these a while ago but somehow managed to loose most of it... Joe the Scavenger "Kevin Bowling" <kevin.bowlingNO.SPAM@wans.REMOVETHIS.net> wrote in message news:_pzUb.3985$226.1186@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com... > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3659352390 > NA > > "Joseph Wakeman" <dwake@wccta.net> wrote in message news:bvugqk$ndn$1@news.netins.net... > I bid...

Another "IBM PS/2 Files" Mirror
Hello all! Looks like the word is getting out... Someone wrote me today to say that they'd put up a new mirror of Dan Hamilton's IBM PS/2 Files collection. http://www.nefastus.org/ibm-ps2 William William R. Walsh wrote: > Hello all! > > Looks like the word is getting out... > > Someone wrote me today to say that they'd put up a new mirror of Dan > Hamilton's IBM PS/2 Files collection. > > http://www.nefastus.org/ibm-ps2 > > William > > Seems like he mirrored a very old copy. It's still good that it's mirrored! The latest can always be found at: http://ps2supersite.homedns.org/files/ Last time I added or updated it was back in March of this year (2006). That mirror was from 2004....looks like the very first version of it. --Daniel ...

IBM PS/2 vs standard "clone" 1.44 drives
I own two MCA IDE cards, so IDE disks can be used. Has ever built an MCA card in order to replace the PS/2 floppy with a standard (?) one ? The clone 1.44 disk must be bootable, obviously :) Floppy drives are double-critical, since the setup is floppy based ... supervinx wrote: > Has ever built an MCA card in order to replace the PS/2 floppy with a > standard (?) one ? IBM Printing Systems (long before the outfit was sold to Ricoh) used the PS/2-style 720K and 1.44MB 3.5-inch floppy drives in the 6262 printer. When the PS/2-style drives became almost impossible to obtain, they came up with adapter cables that allowed them to use selected OEM 3.5-inch floppy drives in the 6262 printer. They could do this because their drive mounting allowed for enough room in the back to accommodate the adapter cable, if you wanted to do the same with most PS/2s you'd need to "customize" the floppy mounting location. Some of the RS/6000 models also used the adapter cable, I believe that the 7012-390 was one example. I'm pretty sure that this adapter cable only worked with systems that used a single floppy drive. Rick Ekblaw On Sun, 23 Oct 2011 12:59:25 -0400, Rick Ekblaw <ekblaw@vnet.ibm.com> wrote: >supervinx wrote: >> Has ever built an MCA card in order to replace the PS/2 floppy with a >> standard (?) one ? > >IBM Printing Systems (long before the outfit was sold to Ricoh) used the >...

Finally identified an Inline 2060 "IBM PS/2 Distribution Amplifier"
<http://web.archive.org/web/19970101012127/www.inlineinc.com/products/distamp/2060.htm< IN2060 1-In 2-Out VGA Distribution Amplifier Amplifies VGA, SVGA, XGA and XGA2 Signals Click on photo to see large color photo Allows the VGA Signal from One Computer to Feed Two Displays Simultaneously: - Loop-Through Output Provides Signal for Local Computer Monitor - Buffered Video Output Drives Second Data Display Device: Computer Monitor, Large Data/Presentation Monitor, LCD Panel or Projector Buffered Output Has Increased Video Gain - Will Drive up to 100' of High Resolution Coaxial Cable 100 MHz Video Bandwidth 15-Pin HD Input and Output Connectors Durable Metal Case Enclosure The IN2060 is a dedicated VGA distribution amplifier designed to split the VGA signal from a single computer video card between a local monitor and a second display device. Wide Compatibility- The IN2060 operates with analog video signals from a wide variety of IBM and compatible PC computer video formats including VGA, SVGA, XGA, XGA2 and 8514A. Input signals to the IN2060 must be in the RGBHV format and provided on a 15-Pin HD female connector. Local Monitor Output - a passive loop-through output feeds video signal to the local computer monitor. When the IN2060 is used without a local monitor, an IN9031 15-Pin HD Male VGA Termination Plug (included) must be used to provide the correct 75 Ohm termination. B...

Still looking for an IBM PS/2 "Host Connect" 122-key keyboard
Hello All, Should have a PS/2-style connector & was intended for the later series (35, 40, 56, 57, 76, 77) PS/2s using terminal emulation boards. If not getting the real thing, a better picture than what I currently have could be used too. I'm thinking of an IBM keyboard documentation page (a little different from what Louis has, mainly showing identifying marks for the various PC (including 3270, PC jr, Convertible, & Portable models), XT, AT, & PS/2 keyboards out there. David Put my name in front of my domain David L. Be...

IBM PS/2 76 486 Computer "Good" auction (Toronto area)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2786959396 Feb-17-04 14:44:22 PST Markham, ON Bermuda based 76. See the SCSI port. Looks to be a security cable attatchment point on the back. See, Virginia, they really DO exist! -- Reply to me at louis little punctuation mark ohland with the same ISP > Bermuda based 76. See the SCSI port. Looks to be a security cable > attatchment point on the back. See, Virginia, they really DO exist! Looks like a standard eye-bolt put thru one of the security cable holes. --Phil ...

Auction: IBM PS/2 TV Watch TV On Computer while using it "PIP"
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160169080235 Starting bid: US $9.77 End time: Oct-22-07 11:13:32 PDT (5 days 21 hours) Ships to: United States Item location: Cocoa, Florida, United States # IBM PS/2 TV Machine Type: 2460 .... We do not have the IBM PS/2 Computer so could only power the unit up- it appears to be fully functional and we are offering it complete with the power supply and will ship in the original box! No affiliation -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com ...

Auction: AN "IBM", PS/2, MODEL L 40 SX, DESKTOP COMPUTER !!!
!!! indeed...seem to be a lot of these turning up lately. http://search.ebay.com/270103804480 Starting bid of $9.99. No PSU, looks to be in decent condition with only one port door missing from the back. Ship to the US and Canada. Ends Apr-01-07 21:17:03 PDT. Located in Endicott, NY. No PayPal and checks take 1 week to clear. No affiliation. William ...

"""""""""ADD ME""""""""""

IBM PS/2 Model M5-1 "Clicky" Keyboard w/Trackball Auction (not associated with seller)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5790946983 This person is selling these things BRAND NEW (Buy It Now) for $9.99 + $10 shipping. This is the Model M that has the trackball above the arrow keys. Date of Mfg on backs are 1993. I know I'd like to have one of these babies (I just got one), sure some of you would also...if you don't already. :) He's got nearly 50 left. --Daniel Notice: These are PayPal *only*...never mind that the listing says: "Seller's payment instructions Buyer must contact us within 2 days of auction closing if not using the paypal option." But that's not the case as per the seller. He's willing to take a money order since I didn't know (can I be the only one?) but others might consider this before buying any keyboards. William Hi Daniel, > ...This is the Model M that has the trackball above the arrow > keys. I know I'd like to have one of these babies (I just got > one), sure some of you would also...if you don't already... Granted I didn't look too hard at which mouse driver I have, but it didn't find the trackball when it loaded. Are you using a specific one? Keyboard portion IDs just like all the other 101-key designs (83ABh). David David@IBMMuseum.com IBMMuseum wrote: > Hi Daniel, > >>...This is the Model M that has the trackball above the arrow >>keys. I k...

a = [ "1", "2", "3" ] v/s a = new Array ( "1", "2", "3" ) identical in all ways?
Do these result in identical objects? a = [ "1", "2", "3" ] a = new Array ( "1", "2", "3" ) On Aug 25, 1:30=A0pm, okey wrote: > Do these result in identical objects? > > a =3D [ "1", "2", "3" ] > a =3D new Array ( "1", "2", "3" ) Yes, but:- a =3D [ 2 ]; a =3D new Array( 2 ); - do not. Richard. okey wrote: > Do these result in identical objects? > > a = [ "1", "2", "3" ] > a = new Array ( "1", "2"...

Hello Partners, Please find the requirement below. Please send the updated resume along with rate and contact no. REQ#1: Title : Java Developer ( Rating Project) Duration : 6 months Rate : open Location : NY strong java, WebLogic 9.2, Web Services, Oracle REQ#2: Title : Java Developer Duration : 4 months Rate : open Location : NY Strong java, SQL REQ#3: Title : VB.Net Consultant Location : NY Duration : 4 months Rate : open Primarily looking at someone who has Excel, VB.net and Oracle (good to have). Req #4: Title : Java Developer (MSA Project) Duration : 6+ months Rate : open Location : NY Note : Please send your updated resume along with contact no karthik@bhaninfo.com : No phone calls please. Thanks & Regards Karthik BhanInfo karthik@bhaninfo.com ...

"out" and "in out"

"my" and "our"

"or" and "and"

about "++" and "--"

Non-IBM alternative to "IBM Access Connections" ?
I'm looking for an application (or heck, even a cheap registry patch!) that will allow a laptop to switch between wired and wireless connections automatically, preferring wired Ethernet of course. I know that IBM Access Connections is such an application that does it for IBM/Lenovo Thinkpad's, but I'm looking for something more generic for use on any laptop with Windows XP. Does such an animal exist? -Rob XP should already be able to do this automatically. Go to the Network Connections folder. Select 'Advanced' from the menu bar, 'Advanced Settings'. The &...

"/a" is not "/a" ?

why "::", not "."

"If then; if then;" and "If then; if;"

Why does "Linux Company" IBM support a "crime against humanity" ????
The answer is money. It's always about money for these "linux companies" like IBM and Google. <quote> Electronic Frontier Foundation February 5, 2015 | By Nadia Kayyali EFF Files Amicus Brief in Case That Seeks to Hold IBM Responsible for Facilitating Apartheid in South Africa This case isn't about general-purpose technology being cleverly misused by a malicious government. Rather, this case is about corporate collaboration in governmental human rights abuses, through the creation of a customized technology solution for the known and intended purpose of...

Web resources about - IBM "Olympic" TR adapters / PS/2 ThinkPads with Cardbus? - comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware