IBM PS2 P70 problems with scsi and etherlink mca card...

Hello to the group and thanks in advance to all the fans.=20

I recently decided to make some projects with p70 starting from documentati=
on found in the network and for which I thank the respective owners.=20

The idea is to install win95 and "sail" with a ibm 8573-061 of 90.=20
Starting from a basic configuration working (386DX 20MHz, 8Mb RAM, 60Mb har=
d disk, floppy disk adapter, Win3.1 and dos6.2), I'm trying to install a sc=
si card mcs-700 (connected to a hd 1gb ibm dpes31080) and a network card 3c=
529-tp.=20

I can not try the 2 cards mca as recently purchased on the net.=20

To install the scsi card, I disconnected the old hd 60mb, the old data cabl=
e, insert the card scsi mcs-700 in the riser card (16 or 32 bit) connect po=
wer and data cable 50pin to 'hd ibm (set id of 0 or 1, correct?). Restart t=
he computer with the reference disk (with several *. Adf) the screen remain=
s black, the only light comes on the power supply. The hd turn, would seem =
to look for something for a couple of seconds, but then stops. Then nothing=
 ram test, do not boot from the floppy or normal startup dos. No bios-error=
..=20

Not being certain that the hd or the scsi card are working, I decided to te=
st the network card. When I insert the network card 3c529-tp in the riser c=
ard (16 or 32 bit) and reboot the pc with the reference disk (with several =
*. Adf) I get the same results as installing the scsi card

With both cards get the same result ... Where's the problem? Motherboard-Pl=
anar-Riser card? Particular settings? Wrong operations?

I have already tried:=20
-Reset the CMOS by removing the battery for half an hour and retry the inst=
allation procedure;=20
-Clean-slots 1 and 2 with a "solvent";=20

Thank a lot, Regards, Andrea
0
anovello

On 02/25/2014 03:35 PM, anovello.ve@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello to the group and thanks in advance to all the fans.
>
> I recently decided to make some projects with p70 starting from documentation found in the network and for which I thank the respective owners.
>
> The idea is to install win95 and "sail" with a ibm 8573-061 of 90.
> Starting from a basic configuration working (386DX 20MHz, 8Mb RAM, 60Mb hard disk, floppy disk adapter, Win3.1 and dos6.2), I'm trying to install a scsi card mcs-700 (connected to a hd 1gb ibm dpes31080) and a network card 3c529-tp.
>
> I can not try the 2 cards mca as recently purchased on the net.
>
> To install the scsi card, I disconnected the old hd 60mb, the old data cable, insert the card scsi mcs-700 in the riser card (16 or 32 bit) connect power and data cable 50pin to 'hd ibm (set id of 0 or 1, correct?). Restart the computer with the reference disk (with several *. Adf) the screen remains black, the only light comes on the power supply. The hd turn, would seem to look for something for a couple of seconds, but then stops. Then nothing ram test, do not boot from the floppy or normal startup dos. No bios-error.
>
> Not being certain that the hd or the scsi card are working, I decided to test the network card. When I insert the network card 3c529-tp in the riser card (16 or 32 bit) and reboot the pc with the reference disk (with several *. Adf) I get the same results as installing the scsi card
>
> With both cards get the same result ... Where's the problem? Motherboard-Planar-Riser card? Particular settings? Wrong operations?
>
> I have already tried:
> -Reset the CMOS by removing the battery for half an hour and retry the installation procedure;
> -Clean-slots 1 and 2 with a "solvent";
>
> Thank a lot, Regards, Andrea

Looks like your reference disk or floppy drive is bad.

For starters just put in the network card and see if the machine boots
without the reference disk.

BTW: If you have a device that is not configured by using the reference
disk, although you will receive an error when booting up...for the time
being you can ignore it. When you install Windows, the operating system
will still be able to detect the card.
0
ISO
2/25/2014 11:14:23 PM

> Looks like your reference disk or floppy drive is bad.
>
> For starters just put in the network card and see if the machine boots
>
> without the reference disk.
>

> BTW: If you have a device that is not configured by using the reference
>
> disk, although you will receive an error when booting up...for the time
>
> being you can ignore it. When you install Windows, the operating system
>
> will still be able to detect the card.

Hi Philo,

the floppy disk (not the original) and the refernce disk works fine.
If i put the network card with or without the reference disk there aren't difference. The machine can't boot.
Dramatic turn of events ... as I write the post and check the card closely, I realize that at least three-pin integrated 8370-03 are broken .. discouragement. Well...i need a new one.

Maybe the scsi controller have the same problem...

0
anovello
2/26/2014 9:12:50 AM
On 02/26/2014 03:12 AM, anovello.ve@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi Philo,
>
> the floppy disk (not the original) and the refernce disk works fine.
> If i put the network card with or without the reference disk there aren't difference. The machine can't boot.
> Dramatic turn of events ... as I write the post and check the card closely, I realize that at least three-pin integrated 8370-03 are broken .. discouragement. Well...i need a new one.
>
> Maybe the scsi controller have the same problem...

If I were working on that machine, I think I'd just install Win95 on the
existing 60 meg drive and leave it at that.  IIRC a 60 meg drive should
be sufficient.
0
ISO
2/26/2014 2:11:30 PM
Il giorno mercoled=EC 26 febbraio 2014 15:11:30 UTC+1, philo=A0 ha scritto:

> If I were working on that machine, I think I'd just install Win95 on the=
=20
>=20
> existing 60 meg drive and leave it at that.  IIRC a 60 meg drive should=
=20
>=20
> be sufficient.

this is a good alternative. Thank you.=20
Has anyone tested the effectiveness of the coax to RJ45 converters on older=
 systems as a p70?
0
anovello
3/6/2014 8:09:43 AM
On 03/06/2014 02:09 AM, anovello.ve@gmail.com wrote:
> Il giorno mercoled� 26 febbraio 2014 15:11:30 UTC+1, philo  ha scritto:
>
>> If I were working on that machine, I think I'd just install Win95 on the
>>
>> existing 60 meg drive and leave it at that.  IIRC a 60 meg drive should
>>
>> be sufficient.
>
> this is a good alternative. Thank you.
> Has anyone tested the effectiveness of the coax to RJ45 converters on older systems as a p70?

I've never used a converter but just remembered:

If you do install Win95 on that 60 meg drive you may have to use the
original Win95 version and possibly not install some options.

I think Win95B might be a bit too large.

I once wanted to use a 40 meg drive and could not install Windows...but
I did get it to work by simply copying an existing install to the
smaller drive. I had to limit the swap file to 2 megs...but the machine
I used had 16 megs of ram so it worked out well for a 386.
0
ISO
3/6/2014 2:55:10 PM
On 03/09/2014 04:27 AM, sis.acquisti@gmail.com wrote:

> Finally win 95 is installed!
> Amazing (on 21 century) work with floppy and arj...
>
> Move file inside P70 is hard..better by network card.
> What about this?
> http://www.ebay.it/itm/IBM-PS-2-MCA-Lan-Adapter-A-Ethernet-Adapter-48G7172-/331145652381?pt=US_Internal_Network_Cards&hash=item4d19d1a89d&_uhb=1
>
> Can be work on P70? Thanks for help.

Glad you got it working. I too thought I'd never use a floppy again but
last year had to repair an OS/2 machine and needed a few floppies to
start the CD installation.

I must have gone through 50 of my old floppies before I found three good
ones.

I'm sure that MCA card you found on eBay will do the job.

When I was using my PS/2 it came with a tolken-ring card and it took me
years to come across an Ethernet
0
ISO
3/9/2014 1:01:01 AM

> I still have various 5.25" floppies going all the way back to Dos1
>

> I would not be surprised if some of them are still good.
>

> Some day I may test them.

You'll find that 3.5" disks are more buggy than 5.25" ones :)
0
supervinx
3/9/2014 1:01:01 AM
> I've never used a converter but just remembered:
>

> If you do install Win95 on that 60 meg drive you may have to use the
>
> original Win95 version and possibly not install some options.
>

> I think Win95B might be a bit too large.
>

> I once wanted to use a 40 meg drive and could not install Windows...but
>
> I did get it to work by simply copying an existing install to the
>
> smaller drive. I had to limit the swap file to 2 megs...but the machine
>
> I used had 16 megs of ram so it worked out well for a 386.

Finally win 95 is installed!
Amazing (on 21 century) work with floppy and arj...

Move file inside P70 is hard..better by network card.
What about this?
http://www.ebay.it/itm/IBM-PS-2-MCA-Lan-Adapter-A-Ethernet-Adapter-48G7172-/331145652381?pt=US_Internal_Network_Cards&hash=item4d19d1a89d&_uhb=1

Can be work on P70? Thanks for help.

0
sis
3/9/2014 1:01:01 AM
> Glad you got it working. I too thought I'd never use a floppy again but
> last year had to repair an OS/2 machine and needed a few floppies to
> start the CD installation.
>

> I must have gone through 50 of my old floppies before I found three good
> ones.

LOL!
I use it almost every day, 3.5 or 5.25 :)
I have nearly a wall of them! :)
0
Apple_Tester
3/9/2014 2:42:00 PM
On 03/09/2014 09:42 AM, Apple_Tester wrote:

>> Glad you got it working. I too thought I'd never use a floppy again but
>> last year had to repair an OS/2 machine and needed a few floppies to
>> start the CD installation.
>>

>> I must have gone through 50 of my old floppies before I found three good
>> ones.
>>

> LOL!
> I use it almost every day, 3.5 or 5.25 :)
> I have nearly a wall of them! :)

I still have various 5.25" floppies going all the way back to Dos1

I would not be surprised if some of them are still good.

Some day I may test them.
0
UTF
3/9/2014 4:28:57 PM
On 03/09/2014 03:54 PM, supervinx wrote:

>> I still have various 5.25" floppies going all the way back to Dos1
>>

>> I would not be surprised if some of them are still good.
>>

>> Some day I may test them.
>

> You'll find that 3.5" disks are more buggy than 5.25" ones :)

The older the floppy, the better the chance that's it's still good.

Those OS/2 installation floppies and Microsoft DMF hold up very well.

I still recall the most recent floppies I bought (prob. ten years ago)
from Radio Shack lasted about two weeks!
0
UTF
3/10/2014 12:21:01 AM
Il Sun, 09 Mar 2014 19:21:01 -0500, philo ha scritto:

> I still recall the most recent floppies I bought (prob. ten years ago)
> from Radio Shack lasted about two weeks!
Last floppy production was a nightmare... in a Verb**** DOS formatted disks
pack, I had to reformat all of them, and only two were reliable :P

I currently use a 3.5" 720k floppy formatted in 1990, for some old
equipments testing :D

--
                                 _
 ___ _   _ _ __   ___ _ ____   _(_)_ __ __  __
On 03/10/2014 02:24 AM, supervinx wrote:
> Il Sun, 09 Mar 2014 19:21:01 -0500, philo ha scritto:
>
>> I still recall the most recent floppies I bought (prob. ten years ago)
>> from Radio Shack lasted about two weeks!
> Last floppy production was a nightmare... in a Verb**** DOS formatted disks
> pack, I had to reformat all of them, and only two were reliable :P
>
> I currently use a 3.5" 720k floppy formatted in 1990, for some old
> equipments testing :D

That OS/2 machine I worked on was given to me by a friend who does CNC
repair. It ran a laser cutter.

The hard drive was bad so I replaced it and installed Warp3.

The manufacturer was able to supply the software and I got the thing up
and running....somewhat :

Unfortunately there were custom settings required for specific jobs
and I was only able to save some of them from the defective drive...so I
ended doing a lot of work for nothing.

I told my friend that if I got it working I was going to charge a
sizable fee...but if I did not get it working I would charge nothing.

My friend ended up giving me a server and a laptop that he did not need
so I was more than happy with the deal.

I don't know what the end user has done though.

BTW: I am putting a link to his website here not with the intention of
spamming this group but with the knowledge that some here will be
interested in his "solar barn" and home made electric car.

http://www.tdlelectronics.com/
0
UTF
3/10/2014 12:13:46 PM
> Unfortunately there were custom settings required for specific jobs and
> I was only able to save some of them from the defective drive...so I
> ended doing a lot of work for nothing.

Did you try spinrite?
0
Apple_Tester
3/10/2014 1:39:32 PM
On 03/10/2014 08:39 AM, Apple_Tester wrote:
>> Unfortunately there were custom settings required for specific jobs and
>> I was only able to save some of them from the defective drive...so I
>> ended doing a lot of work for nothing.
>>

> Did you try spinrite?

I used another utility called Drevitalize

and it did a great job but I was not able to put all the pieces quite
back into the right place when I did the new install.

I was willing to spend more time on the project but my friend told me to
forget it.
0
UTF

IBM RS/6000 MCA SCSI Adapter vs. IBM PS/2 MCA SCSI Adapter
Hello, I found in my MCA repository a (seems to be) functionnal RS/6000 32bit SCSI Adapter. In my '80, I have a (what seems to be, again) original PS/2 SCSI Adapter, w/o cache. I found also a w/cache, but is faulty. May I get better performance, any improvement of any kind trying this RS/6000 Adapter, or is it not going to run at all...or will it be worse ? I have a 0661 type HDD, 320 MB in the SCSI Chain. Thanks ! Hum, as I see after some searches, it is RS/6000-only adapter, no ADF, not useable in a PS/2...Can someone confirm this ? The Godfather wrote: > Hello,...

IBM PS2 P70 Type 8573-061 and RS6000 SCSI
Hello: Remember the conversation some of us had about my P70 and the SCSI controller on eBay? Well, everthing arrived and (before putting the SCSI controller in) the machine ran WFW 3.11 with great power. What an awesome system design! Nevertheless, I cannot get the machine to update itself once the SCSI card is installed! I've tried the ADF file at http://www.gilanet.com/ohlandl/IBM_SCSI/SCSI-FW.html#FW but the system displays an error message while reading the ADF file off the Ref. diskette I'm using. It says something about an error while reading the adf file fo...

IBM PS2 Graphic cards for sale!
Hi, We have a few (100) brand new 8514A graphic cards (RED 8514A Graphics Accelerator, design by ACF REINSA 6amp. EDC) If anyone would like to buy some or knows anyone who might, please let me know!! ...

IBM REF DISK FOR PS2 P70
Respectfully request someone please help me. I need a your MS-DOS or OS2 machine to make me a REF Disk for the IBM PS2 P70 portable. I have the file, and I have tried to make a disk with a windows 2000 machine. No working. Just learned I need the disk made on a MS-DOS or OS2 machine. Thanks for your assistance and patience in this matter. v/r stu3v On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 02:01:04 UTC, stu3x@yahoo.com wrote: > Respectfully request someone please help me. I need a your MS-DOS or > OS2 machine to make me a REF Disk for the IBM PS2 P70 portable. I > have the file, and I ...

Auc-tion: IBM MICROCHANNEL 1200-2400BPS MODEM FOR IBM PS2 SYSTEMS
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120064993053 End time: Dec-21-06 00:32:30 PST (4 days 11 hours) Ships to: Worldwide Item location: BERTONE MOTORS, CINCINNATI, OHIO, United States No affiliation "picture may not be actual item exactly; but is of and will be a PS2 microchannel modem; picture may not be exact card, I have several to sell and they are not the same, specs are within that stated" -- Jelte ...

[auction US] IBM MICROCHANNEL 1200-2400BPS MODEM FOR IBM PS2 SYSTEMS
Beware! The seller doesn't seem to care much about which card you'll be getting! >http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120086889786&ss PageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=002< Regards, Alvin. ...

Dutch IBM MCA PS2-stuf for sale in the Netherlands
Hoi, Ik wil mijn IBM MCA PS2 'verzameling' wel kwijt aan een serieuze verzamelaar. Stuur even een mailtje en ik mail je de lijst van de spullen die ik heb terug. groetjes, Bert ...

Auction: IBM 9585/9595 SCSI Microchannel MCA Card
....but I don't think so. That doesn't look like any MCA SCSI card *I* ever saw. Any thoughts as to what it really is? (My guess is multi-I/O of some kind.) http://search.ebay.com/150140380075 Starting bid of $8.99 with free shipping to the US. Ends Jul-15-07, 19:01:09 PDT. Located in Detroit, MI USA. Ships to the US and Canada. Seller may only accept PayPal. No affiliation. William Hi William ! > ....but I don't think so. That doesn't look like any MCA SCSI card *I* > ever saw. Any thoughts as to what it really is? (My guess is multi-I/O > of ...

Auction: IBM Micro Channel MCA SCSI Card (Corvette)
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-Micro-Channel-MCA-SCSI-Card_W0QQitemZ5813644797QQcategoryZ31494QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< Ends Oct-04-05 18:40:19 PDT Starts at 0.99. Located in VA. $5.50 for shipping. -- Reply to ohland@charter.net On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 19:36:23 -0500, Louis Ohland <nullnvoid@charter.net> wrote: >> http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-Micro-Channel-MCA-SCSI-Card_W0QQitemZ5813644797QQcategoryZ31494QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< > Ends Oct-04-05 18:40:19 PDT > > Starts at 0.99. Located in VA. $5.50 for shipping. How are you inserting links into these messages? The U...

IBM PS2 Model P70 386 Portable Computer auction
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-PS2-Model-P70-386-Portable-Computer_W0QQitemZ5238028463QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< Ends Sep-09-05 15:14:15 PDT full leather carrying case accessory. The leather case has pockets and file space Wow. The case has built in storage! -- Reply to ohland@charter.net Hi Louis, > full leather carrying case accessory. The leather case has > pockets and file space. Wow. The case has built in storage! Standard Hartmann (which almost needs it's own entry on your pages) leather case for the P70. There is also the nylon model with le...

Auction: IBM PS2 Internal PCMCIA Card Adapter
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280118973512 Starting bid: GBP 0.99 (Approximately US $1.96) End time: May-29-07 01:23:01 PDT (2 days 13 hours) Ships to: United Kingdom Item location: Reading, United Kingdom Here we have a genuine IBM PS2 Internal PCMCIA Card adapter as pictured. Card only - sold as seen. Came from an office clearance but I don't have the hardware to use it. No affiliation For the PS/2E -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may...

Auction: IBM PS2 77 9577 Micro Channel MCA Microchannel
<http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-PS2-77-9577-Micro-Channel-MCA-Microchannel_W0QQitemZ110070238054QQihZ001QQcategoryZ74946QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> End time: Dec-23-06 19:52:53 PST Something good from Wisconsin. Bermuda board. Hi! > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110070238054 > Something good from Wisconsin. Bermuda board. It's *so* yellow. I wonder if that's all sun-related? (On another note, I unfolded the paper tray on a Color LaserJet 2500n the other day and found it had yellowed. I consider that odd, since this printer has ...

Auction: IBM PS2 Model 70 Luggable -
http://search.ebay.com/200206566833 End time: Mar-16-08 12:23:08 PDT Colorado ...

Search IBM PS2/80 NIC MCA ethernet 10/100
Hi, I search for an MCA NIC for this computer Live in France Debian User <test@test.org> wrote in message news:<pan.2004.12.02.19.37.26.613291@test.org>... > I search for an MCA NIC for this computer If you are willing to settle for a 10Mbps MCA NIC, you have several to choose from, IBM and non-IBM -- some are AUI only (or 10Base2 only), some support two kinds of connections, some support all three. If your 8580 does not have a processor upgrade (16, 20 or 25MHz 80386), I'd stick with a 10Mbps NIC -- the Olicom NIC is the most common 10/100 MCA NIC, but eve...

Auction: Vintage IBM Portable Computer PS2 P70/386 PLASMA SCREEN
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330122615225 Starting bid: US $19.99 End time: May-27-07 17:57:18 PDT (6 days 16 hours) Ships to: United States Item location: Edgewater, Maryland, United States 8573-121 No affiliation -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com ...

Auc-tion: IBM PS2 77 9577 Micro Channel MCA Microchannel
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110051463507 End time: Nov-07-06 19:45:51 PST (4 days 16 hours) Shipping costs: Not specified Ships to: United States Item location: Webster, Wisconsin, United States === This is an older IBM Personal Computer. It is one of IBM's Micro Channel Architecture PC, model: 9577. It has 8mb RAM, XGA Video, SCSI card and hard disk, and a 2.88 disk drive. The unit seems to work very well, and it has Windows 95 installed on it. So if your looking for a vintage piece of computer history, this would fit that catagory. No softwa...

Auction: vintage ibm ps2 microchannel mca computer mod 90 486
>http://cgi.ebay.com/vintage-ibm-ps2-microchannel-mca-computer-mod-90-486_W0QQitemZ8784004885QQcategoryZ51096QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< End time: Mar-26-06 14:57:08 PST ..it has a XGA video .it has a;180 mb ;hard drive.with OS2 3.0 and WINDOWS 3.1 and IBM DOS on it, all three,,it has 16MB RAM,, also a 1.44 MB floppy drive .also it has a 486 33 mhz processor in it. Ed. My guess is a 160MB SCSI drive, a K complex, and a Spock with cache. Not sure what level, one, two, or three can, or SCSI BIOS. I could not bring enough detail out of the image in order to detect the particulars....

IBM SERVER RAID CARD. (PS2 Connector) auction (Aussie Militia on the march)
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=167&item=2759802876< Oct-23-03 00:29:54 PDT Cheetah Seller will include the RAID cable, I believe. Would rather have beer. ...

Auction: IBM PS2 Model 70 Luggable -
P70, with a good starting price: http://search.ebay.com/200206566833 $5.00 starting bid. Ends Mar-16-2008, 12:23:08 PDT (2 days, 3 hours). Didn't see any shipping price. Ships to the US only. Located in Nederland, Colorado USA. No affiliation. William ...

Auction: IBM PS/2 MCA SCSI card, Cable and CD with *.adf files
http://search.ebay.com/120114148750 End time: May-04-07 19:51:55 PDT Long Tribble, MCX50-C50 cable, external C50 terminator ...

Auction: Vintage IBM PS2 PC Hardware Maintenance Manual Models 25
<http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-IBM-PS2-PC-Hardware-Maintenance-Manual_W0QQitemZ270078671271QQihZ017QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> End time: Jan-18-07 17:11:07 PST These are good for quick service to the systems. I am electric, electric eye... ...

Auctions (2): Three IBM PS2 Graphics Adapters 8514/A *AND* IBM MicroChannel 4869 External 5-1/4" Disk Drive (360K)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270123874305 Starting bid: US $0.99 End time: May-31-07 16:43:43 PDT (6 days 3 hours) Ships to: United States Item location: Surprise, Arizona, United States IBM PS/2 MicroChannel CAD Workstation Graphics Cards Model 8514/A listing is for a quantity of three shipped for a single price Also by same seller : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270123854097 Starting bid: US $0.99 End time: May-31-07 15:51:52 PDT (6 days 3 hours) Includes the drive sled, the MCA adapter card and ribbon cables for ins...

Auction: Kingston KTM-609/16 Plus 11 IBM PS2 Memory Expand Card
http://search.ebay.com/250171030391 End time: Oct-07-07 09:39:00 PDT I think I put a stack of these in the old wooden desk in the garage (like that will ever make it into the house). I'll put some up cheaper as soon as possible. One box is now empty, but there are many boxes to go. I was checking here for a newbie, Jerry F. I don't see anyone by a similar handle, but he's starting up two 80s and maybe a 60. Best Regards, Bill On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 09:49:27 -0500, Louis Ohland <ohland@charter.net> wrote: >http://search.ebay.com/250171030391 >End time: O...

Auction: IBM PS2 PS/2 8580-A21 Blue Lightning MCA Microchannel [Come on, Canada!]
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8779382965&sspagename=ADME:B:AAQ:US:1< End time: Mar-18-06 15:14:15 PST I asked the seller, the system is still keeping time, so the battery does not appear to be causing the 165. I have a hunch that this puppy will pop with the correct loving care. Put in a 386, just one planar memory card and fire her up. Once it's running, start adding components. I suggest that anyone near Pickering, ON consider this as a project worthy of your time. The 8MB memory expansion board is a prime suspect. // ---------------...

Web resources about - IBM PS2 P70 problems with scsi and etherlink mca card... - comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware

Hardware Setup
Before you even begin, be sure OpenBSD supports your hardware! You can find the supported hardware list for the most recent version of OpenBSD ...

GNU Mac Changer - Alvaro's web site
GNU Mac Changer - alo's web site Skip navigation . Home Contact me Cherokee Stats Blog Pictures Conferences GNU MAC Changer A GNU/Linux utility ...

Vendor codes
Ethernet hardware addresses are 48 bits, expressed as 12 hexadecimaldigits (0-9, plus A-F, capitalized). These 12 hex digits consist of thefirst/left ...

PC obsolescence is obsolete
... and was hamstrung by the bus’s 8MHz clock speed. One of the first enthusiast motherboards I ever owned offered ISA overclocking; my 3COM Etherlink ...

Adding a Hard Drive to an Original IBM PC Using a Raspberry Pi
My rev B IBM PC 5150 A couple of months ago I moved my IBM PC into the living room thinking that with a more prominent location I would use ...

Compaq… “Compaq”. - Old, broken junk.
Yet another old computer. This one has broken into geek culture recently, via AMC in the form of the tv show Halt and Catch Fire . Yes, of course, ...

Citrix WinFrame 1.6 Beta
If you've used computers for any time, you've probably accessed another computer remotely, either by phone or by a network connection. In the ...

8.31-3Com
8.31 3Com For fiscal year ending May 1982, 3Com’s revenues soared 250% to $1.8 million with a loss of $690 thousand. Only their burn rate - ...

HP Computer Museum
The museum of HP computers is a collection of HP computing products introduced between 1966 and 1991. The museum contains: calculators, desktop ...

cleveland all for sale / wanted classifieds - craigslist
cleveland all for sale / wanted classifieds - craigslist