IBM PS2 P70 Type 8573-061 and RS6000 SCSI

Hello:

Remember the conversation some of us had about my P70 and the SCSI
controller on eBay? Well, everthing arrived and (before putting the SCSI
controller in) the machine ran WFW 3.11 with great power. What an awesome
system design!

Nevertheless, I cannot get the machine to update itself once the SCSI card
is installed! I've tried the ADF file at
http://www.gilanet.com/ohlandl/IBM_SCSI/SCSI-FW.html#FW
but the system displays an error message while reading the ADF file off the
Ref. diskette I'm using. It says something about an error while reading the
adf file for the adapter card in port two. The light on the card itself
http://www.gilanet.com/ohlandl/IBM_SCSI/SCSI-FW.html#LED_Flash_Code
stays lit during this whole process.

Memory, for now, is a no-go. I purchased four old SIMM's from the parts bin
at a local PC shop. None worked (as did not the ones I had in my possesion).
Some are even IBM-branded, but all are above 2MB (I think) and that doesn't
help.

Thanks for all suggestions/help!

0
Forrest

Hi "Woody"... Sorry, couldn't resist...

"Forrest "Scott" Brinkley" <fsb1284@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:RtwLe.5279$Je.4820@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> Hello:
>
> Remember the conversation some of us had about my P70 and the SCSI
> controller on eBay? Well, everthing arrived and (before putting the SCSI
> controller in) the machine ran WFW 3.11 with great power. What an awesome
> system design!

Agreed.

> Nevertheless, I cannot get the machine to update itself once the SCSI card
> is installed! I've tried the ADF file at
> http://www.gilanet.com/ohlandl/IBM_SCSI/SCSI-FW.html#FW
> but the system displays an error message while reading the ADF file off the
> Ref. diskette I'm using. It says something about an error while reading the
> adf file

Detail the code/message, please.

> for the adapter card in port two. The light on the card itself
> http://www.gilanet.com/ohlandl/IBM_SCSI/SCSI-FW.html#LED_Flash_Code
> stays lit during this whole process.

This could be the reason for the "incompatible" flag against the P70 for this adapter.

> Memory, for now, is a no-go. I purchased four old SIMM's from the parts bin
> at a local PC shop. None worked (as did not the ones I had in my possesion).
> Some are even IBM-branded, but all are above 2MB (I think) and that doesn't
> help.

How good are you with a soldering iron? You can "modify" any electrically-compatible SIMM to at least a "supported" PD (presence
detect) combination, e.g. turn a generic Industry-Standard 4MB 80ns/70ns/60ns SIMM into a 2MB 85ns/80ns PS/2-Standard SIMM. This
will at least get you working.

See "our" Peter Wendt's v. helpful page on this:

http://www.mcamafia.de/mcapage0/memorypd.htm

BTW I'm envious of the "New" condition of yours, I'm trying to cobble-together one working P70 (I'd much prefer a P75, but they're
too rare and I don't have enough time to go hunting, as it is) from two very badly-used and old P70 8573-060s. The SIMM sockets have
lost their "ears" due to old-age (brittle plastic and too-strong springing) and abuse.

--
Regards,
        Tim Clarke (a.k.a. WBST)

0
Tim
8/14/2005 1:01:30 AM
Tim Clarke wrote:

> "Forrest "Scott" Brinkley" <fsb1284@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:RtwLe.5279$Je.4820@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> > Hello:
> >
> > Remember the conversation some of us had about my P70 and the SCSI
> > controller on eBay?

snip)

> BTW I'm envious of the "New" condition of yours, I'm trying to cobble-together one working P70...

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfrppZ50QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQrdZ0QQsassZnycesam

Don't know if they have any more P70's, but they were selling one after
the other.  A lot of IBM New Old Stock.

0
Dan
8/14/2005 5:41:44 PM
The system might be new, but I am having some trouble with the floppy drive.
I was loading the MS-DOS 6.22 "Step-Up" and the system kept asking me for a
disk which was already in the drive. I rebooted and now DOS installation
wants to uninstall the now-corrupted "Step-Up" install using the
uninstallation disk made during setup. The same thing happens after
inserting this disk- the machine keeps requesting that the disk be inserted!
It won't even boot my Ref. Disk!

Error msg. for the SCSI adapter? It says that there was an error while
reading the option diskette for the adapter in slot * (with * being whatever
slot the SCSI card was inserted into).

I found some memory for relatively little money on the internet, so that
shouldn't be a problem.

Any suggestions/recollections on the floppy drive would be appreciated :)
"Tim Clarke" <SpamBlock.Monetaim.Com@cswebmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi "Woody"... Sorry, couldn't resist...
>
> "Forrest "Scott" Brinkley" <fsb1284@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> Hello:
>>
>> Remember the conversation some of us had about my P70 and the SCSI
>> controller on eBay? Well, everthing arrived and (before putting the SCSI
>> controller in) the machine ran WFW 3.11 with great power. What an awesome
>> system design!
>
> Agreed.
>
>> Nevertheless, I cannot get the machine to update itself once the SCSI
>> card
>> is installed! I've tried the ADF file at
>> http://www.gilanet.com/ohlandl/IBM_SCSI/SCSI-FW.html#FW
>> but the system displays an error message while reading the ADF file off
>> the
>> Ref. diskette I'm using. It says something about an error while reading
>> the
>> adf file
>
> Detail the code/message, please.
>
>> for the adapter card in port two. The light on the card itself
>> http://www.gilanet.com/ohlandl/IBM_SCSI/SCSI-FW.html#LED_Flash_Code
>> stays lit during this whole process.
>
> This could be the reason for the "incompatible" flag against the P70 for
> this adapter.
>
>> Memory, for now, is a no-go. I purchased four old SIMM's from the parts
>> bin
>> at a local PC shop. None worked (as did not the ones I had in my
>> possesion).
>> Some are even IBM-branded, but all are above 2MB (I think) and that
>> doesn't
>> help.
>
> How good are you with a soldering iron? You can "modify" any
> electrically-compatible SIMM to at least a "supported" PD (presence
> detect) combination, e.g. turn a generic Industry-Standard 4MB
> 80ns/70ns/60ns SIMM into a 2MB 85ns/80ns PS/2-Standard SIMM. This
> will at least get you working.
>
> See "our" Peter Wendt's v. helpful page on this:
>
> http://www.mcamafia.de/mcapage0/memorypd.htm
>
> BTW I'm envious of the "New" condition of yours, I'm trying to
> cobble-together one working P70 (I'd much prefer a P75, but they're
> too rare and I don't have enough time to go hunting, as it is) from two
> very badly-used and old P70 8573-060s. The SIMM sockets have
> lost their "ears" due to old-age (brittle plastic and too-strong
> springing) and abuse.
>
> --
> Regards,
>        Tim Clarke (a.k.a. WBST)

0
Forrest
8/14/2005 7:42:45 PM
Oh, and I forgot to mention- the floppy drive is spinning and makes
relatively "normal" floppy drive sounds. Again, though it fails to read not
only the DOS 6.22 diskette, but also my reference diskette!

I took the drive cover off and removed it from the cairrage and it seems OK.

This is really beginning to annoy me!

> [...]
>>> Some are even IBM-branded, but all are above 2MB (I think) and that
>>> doesn't
>>> help.
>>
>> How good are you with a soldering iron? You can "modify" any
>> electrically-compatible SIMM to at least a "supported" PD (presence
>> detect) combination, e.g. turn a generic Industry-Standard 4MB
>> 80ns/70ns/60ns SIMM into a 2MB 85ns/80ns PS/2-Standard SIMM. This
>> will at least get you working.
>>
>> See "our" Peter Wendt's v. helpful page on this:
>>
>> http://www.mcamafia.de/mcapage0/memorypd.htm
>>
>> BTW I'm envious of the "New" condition of yours, I'm trying to
>> cobble-together one working P70 (I'd much prefer a P75, but they're
>> too rare and I don't have enough time to go hunting, as it is) from two
>> very badly-used and old P70 8573-060s. The SIMM sockets have
>> lost their "ears" due to old-age (brittle plastic and too-strong

0
Forrest
8/14/2005 7:56:04 PM
Now, after repeatedly hitting enter, the drive works. It is unreliable
though. I got angry and touched the spinning plate on the bottom of the
unit- that seemed to jolt it wenough from its futile attempts at reading the
disk that it started reading the diskette properly.

Go figure!

I'll try messing with soem old simms to see whether or not they'll boot!

> Oh, and I forgot to mention- the floppy drive is spinning and makes
> relatively "normal" floppy drive sounds. Again, though it fails to read
> not only the DOS 6.22 diskette, but also my reference diskette!
>
> I took the drive cover off and removed it from the cairrage and it seems
> OK.
>
> This is really beginning to annoy me!
>
> "Forrest "Scott" Brinkley" <fsb1284@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> The system might be new, but I am having some trouble with the floppy
>> drive. I was loading the MS-DOS 6.22 "Step-Up" and the system kept asking
>> me for a disk which was already in the drive. I rebooted and now DOS
>> installation wants to uninstall the now-corrupted "Step-Up" install using
>> the uninstallation disk made during setup. The same thing happens after
>> inserting this disk- the machine keeps requesting that the disk be
>> inserted! It won't even boot my Ref. Disk!
>>
>> Error msg. for the SCSI adapter? It says that there was an error while
>> reading the option diskette for the adapter in slot * (with * being
>> whatever slot the SCSI card was inserted into).
>>
>> I found some memory for relatively little money on the internet, so that
>> shouldn't be a problem.
>>
>> Any suggestions/recollections on the floppy drive would be appreciated :)
>> "Tim Clarke" <SpamBlock.Monetaim.Com@cswebmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi "Woody"... Sorry, couldn't resist...
>>>
>>> "Forrest "Scott" Brinkley" <fsb1284@earthlink.net> wrote in message

>>> Agreed.

>>> Detail the code/message, please.

>>> This could be the reason for the "incompatible" flag against the P70 for
>>> this adapter.

>>> How good are you with a soldering iron? You can "modify" any
>>> electrically-compatible SIMM to at least a "supported" PD (presence
>>> detect) combination, e.g. turn a generic Industry-Standard 4MB
>>> 80ns/70ns/60ns SIMM into a 2MB 85ns/80ns PS/2-Standard SIMM. This
>>> will at least get you working.
>>>
>>> See "our" Peter Wendt's v. helpful page on this:
>>>
>>> http://www.mcamafia.de/mcapage0/memorypd.htm
>>>
>>> BTW I'm envious of the "New" condition of yours, I'm trying to
>>> cobble-together one working P70 (I'd much prefer a P75, but they're
>>> too rare and I don't have enough time to go hunting, as it is) from two
>>> very badly-used and old P70 8573-060s. The SIMM sockets have
>>> lost their "ears" due to old-age (brittle plastic and too-strong
>>> springing) and abuse.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>>        Tim Clarke (a.k.a. WBST)

0
Forrest
8/14/2005 8:45:20 PM
Hi Scott,
> Oh, and I forgot to mention- the floppy drive is spinning and makes
> relatively "normal" floppy drive sounds. Again, though it fails to read
> not only the DOS 6.22 diskette, but also my reference diskette! I took the
> drive cover off and removed it from the carriage and it seems OK. This is
> really beginning to annoy me!
     Somewhat common when dealing with a P70/P75. Louis doesn't have
information about getting into the P70/P75 floppy area for nothing. Once
you've connected a clone floppy cable to a backless P70 or P75 just to get
something working you can call yourself a repairman for these models!
     The SIMM issue is somewhat common too. I should have a set of 2Mb
around if you can't get them otherwise. At least the P70 isn't as picky as
the P75 with SIMMs (4 x 4Mb).
     Getting further into "P70/P75 mode". Many want to make the limited
expansion of the P70 go as far as it can. Look for something like the Orchid
model advertised here not far back. You can put 40Mb on your P70 that way.
     Better yet is a DC32
(http://www.gilanet.com/ohlandl/misc/kingston_dc.html). RAM *and* a laptop
hard drive. Usually unless there is something else wrong with the DBA ESDI
drive the hard drive upgrade path on the P70 is not pursued otherwise except
by the insane (and Louis).
     Lower slot (not fitting a full-length card & 16-bit anyways) is good
for the NIC of your choice. Many TR & Ethernet to choose from. Not wanting
to have it connected you could do some other plan.
     You can put the TI/Cyrix 486DLC2 chips in there for some processing
boost. Now you've gone truly MAD. Drool over the webpages looking for what
Louis has said. An uncontrollable desire starts to take over to get more
models, more stuff. Other worldly needs have no effect on you, you only
think MCA.
                        David
                        David@IBMMuseum.com

0
David
8/14/2005 9:28:50 PM
Hi Dan...

"Dan O" <deo901@excite.com> wrote in message news:1124041304.704378.319340@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...

> > > Remember the conversation some of us had about my P70 and the SCSI
> > > controller on eBay?
>
> <snip>
>
> > BTW I'm envious of the "New" condition of yours, I'm trying to cobble-together one working P70...
>
> http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfrppZ50QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQrdZ0QQsassZnycesam
>
> Don't know if they have any more P70's, but they were selling one after
> the other.  A lot of IBM New Old Stock.

Thanks for the link.

--
Regards,
        Tim Clarke (a.k.a. WBST)

0
Tim
8/15/2005 2:05:27 AM
Hi "Scott"...

"Forrest "Scott" Brinkley" <fsb1284@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:olNLe.5701$RZ2.2608@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> Oh, and I forgot to mention- the floppy drive is spinning and makes
> relatively "normal" floppy drive sounds. Again, though it fails to read not
> only the DOS 6.22 diskette, but also my reference diskette!
>
> I took the drive cover off and removed it from the cairrage and it seems OK.
>
> This is really beginning to annoy me!

I'm having the same sort of problems with my attempts to resurrect one working P70 from two v. hard-used ones. With systems this old
the components *may* have degraded, or it may be an old BIOS problem never quite fixed. Will see what I can find in info. and/or a
fix/workaround. If you're coming to a point where, from experience you KNOW it's likely/going to do this, try ejecting and
re-inserting the diskette beforehand to force it to re-read the "media parameters".

P.S. on a mild note of netiquette, would you please try to:

a) edit out unnecessary previous "replied-to" text
b) insert you reply text AFTER (or embed, if multiple questions/responses are involved) the previous text

I'm no great observer of the netiquette recommendations myself, but I do try.
--
Regards,
        Tim Clarke (a.k.a. WBST)

0
Tim
8/15/2005 2:14:37 AM
Hi David...

"David L. Beem" <David@gilanet.com> wrote in message news:42ffb79f$1@nntp.zianet.com...
> <SNIP>
>      Getting further into "P70/P75 mode". Many want to make the limited
> expansion of the P70 go as far as it can. Look for something like the Orchid
> model advertised here not far back. You can put 40Mb on your P70 that way.
>      Better yet is a DC32
> (http://www.gilanet.com/ohlandl/misc/kingston_dc.html). RAM *and* a laptop
> hard drive. Usually unless there is something else wrong with the DBA ESDI
> drive the hard drive upgrade path on the P70 is not pursued otherwise except
> by the insane (and Louis).
>      Lower slot (not fitting a full-length card & 16-bit anyways) is good
> for the NIC of your choice. Many TR & Ethernet to choose from. Not wanting
> to have it connected you could do some other plan.
>      You can put the TI/Cyrix 486DLC2 chips in there for some processing
> boost. Now you've gone truly MAD. Drool over the webpages looking for what
> Louis has said. An uncontrollable desire starts to take over to get more
> models, more stuff. Other worldly needs have no effect on you, you only
> think MCA.

Well, well, well. Orchid RQX 16/32 - yes
486SXL2 - yes
Ethernet WD8013EPA - my choice, I could use the 3C529 instead

MAD - definitely
--
Regards,
        Tim Clarke (a.k.a. WBST)

0
Tim
8/15/2005 2:22:39 AM
Hey "Scott"...

> Now, after repeatedly hitting enter, the drive works. It is unreliable
> though. I got angry and touched the spinning plate on the bottom of the
> unit- that seemed to jolt it wenough from its futile attempts at reading
the
> disk that it started reading the diskette properly.
>
> Go figure!

I got mine working after some fooling around with various "encapsulated"
RefDisk creator variants and it burst into life, after much prior
head-scratching and FD and cable-swapping, using RefDisk v1.04 created from
Peter Wendt's IMMASTER copies that he'd sent me. I'll e-mail you a copy.

--
Regards,
        Tim Clarke (a.k.a. WBST)

0
Tim
8/22/2005 10:53:32 AM
Hello, Tim:

> I got mine working...using RefDisk v1.04 created from
> Peter Wendt's IMMASTER copies that he'd sent me. I'll e-mail you a copy.

Thanks, but I think the e-mail might have accidentally got eaten by the
SpamBlocker monster! THAT'S OK, though :) I believe I already found that
ref. diskette online. The system floppy seems more stable now, anyway
(keeping fingers crossed).

I did manage to find an IBM PS/2 SCSI
adapter...http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6741870578,
which I purchased. Maybe there will be a CD-ROM in my future? I'll
concentrate on the HDD first. I'll make a separate post about this and the
memory I found :)

Scott

0
Forrest

IBM P70 PS/2 Type 8573-061
Hello all: Thanks for your suggestions on my machine! The floppy issue seems to be something related to the speed (rpm) of the diskette in the drive as it's being read. With the cover off and the drive spinning (in vain) trying to read the disk, a light touch will most always get it spinning at the "right" rpm and it will read properly. The platter on the bottom seems to have a magnet at a position on the platter which flies past a transistorized sensor (black in color ,toward bottom front) which I assume measures rotational velocity? Whatever the case, this "sensor" has an adjustment, which I plan on playing with. The unit, while new, IS 17 years old and I assume things could easily deteriorate over this time period. I am more concerned with getting my HP LaserJet 4 (with a HP JetDirect card installed) to be able to talk via TCP/IP to WFW 3.11, which I currently have on this machine. I fear this topic is for another newsgroup, though! Scott ...

IBM PS2 P70 problems with scsi and etherlink mca card...
Hello to the group and thanks in advance to all the fans.=20 I recently decided to make some projects with p70 starting from documentati= on found in the network and for which I thank the respective owners.=20 The idea is to install win95 and "sail" with a ibm 8573-061 of 90.=20 Starting from a basic configuration working (386DX 20MHz, 8Mb RAM, 60Mb har= d disk, floppy disk adapter, Win3.1 and dos6.2), I'm trying to install a sc= si card mcs-700 (connected to a hd 1gb ibm dpes31080) and a network card 3c= 529-tp.=20 I can not try the 2 cards mca as recently purchased on the net.=20 To install the scsi card, I disconnected the old hd 60mb, the old data cabl= e, insert the card scsi mcs-700 in the riser card (16 or 32 bit) connect po= wer and data cable 50pin to 'hd ibm (set id of 0 or 1, correct?). Restart t= he computer with the reference disk (with several *. Adf) the screen remain= s black, the only light comes on the power supply. The hd turn, would seem = to look for something for a couple of seconds, but then stops. Then nothing= ram test, do not boot from the floppy or normal startup dos. No bios-error= ..=20 Not being certain that the hd or the scsi card are working, I decided to te= st the network card. When I insert the network card 3c529-tp in the riser c= ard (16 or 32 bit) and reboot the pc with the reference disk (with several = *. Adf) I get the same results as installing the scsi card With both cards get the s...

Auc-tion: IBM Vintage PC 8573-121 PS2 P70 386 w OS2 Warp Computer
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220060941979 End time: Dec-17-06 17:49:16 PST (1 day 4 hours) Ships to: Worldwide Item location: Minneapolis, MN, United States No affiliation I especially like the sticker on the keyboard : "Marketing IBM Excellence" -- Jelte ...

IBM REF DISK FOR PS2 P70
Respectfully request someone please help me. I need a your MS-DOS or OS2 machine to make me a REF Disk for the IBM PS2 P70 portable. I have the file, and I have tried to make a disk with a windows 2000 machine. No working. Just learned I need the disk made on a MS-DOS or OS2 machine. Thanks for your assistance and patience in this matter. v/r stu3v On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 02:01:04 UTC, stu3x@yahoo.com wrote: > Respectfully request someone please help me. I need a your MS-DOS or > OS2 machine to make me a REF Disk for the IBM PS2 P70 portable. I > have the file, and I have tried to make a disk with a windows 2000 > machine. No working. Just learned I need the disk made on a MS-DOS > or OS2 machine. Thanks for your assistance and patience in this > matter. Your disk is easily fixed. http://www.tavi.co.uk/ps2pages/refstamp.html -- The information contained in this post is copyright the poster, and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com Hi! > I have the file, and I have tried to make a disk with a windows 2000 > machine. No working. That will work--I've made countless disks of that type on Windows 2000. There are two things that definitely cause problems. The first is running the self-extracting file from a location on the system that has a long file or folder name in it. You can get around this two ways--either put the self-extractor in a place where the path tha...

[auction US] IBM MICROCHANNEL 1200-2400BPS MODEM FOR IBM PS2 SYSTEMS
Beware! The seller doesn't seem to care much about which card you'll be getting! >http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120086889786&ss PageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=002< Regards, Alvin. ...

Auc-tion: IBM MICROCHANNEL 1200-2400BPS MODEM FOR IBM PS2 SYSTEMS
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120064993053 End time: Dec-21-06 00:32:30 PST (4 days 11 hours) Ships to: Worldwide Item location: BERTONE MOTORS, CINCINNATI, OHIO, United States No affiliation "picture may not be actual item exactly; but is of and will be a PS2 microchannel modem; picture may not be exact card, I have several to sell and they are not the same, specs are within that stated" -- Jelte ...

IBM PS2 Model P70 386 Portable Computer auction
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-PS2-Model-P70-386-Portable-Computer_W0QQitemZ5238028463QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< Ends Sep-09-05 15:14:15 PDT full leather carrying case accessory. The leather case has pockets and file space Wow. The case has built in storage! -- Reply to ohland@charter.net Hi Louis, > full leather carrying case accessory. The leather case has > pockets and file space. Wow. The case has built in storage! Standard Hartmann (which almost needs it's own entry on your pages) leather case for the P70. There is also the nylon model with leather trim. Wandt more pictures of each? David David@IBMMuseum.com ...

Auction: IBM PS2 Model 56 SX Computer Type 8556
And a *very* sorry looking one at that.... $69.99 BIN or make offer (duh!) Shipping: FREE to United States - Economy Shipping Free local pickup from Winterville, GA, United States Used (who could tell?) Sold AS-IS for Parts/Repair The power switch does not work. No affiliation -- Jelte, Admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki How about a link, folks :-0 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=?160579374783 "JWR" <you.want.my.address@ask.for.it> schreef in bericht news:4dc2fc8b$0$30721$5fc3050@news.tiscali.nl... > And a *very* sorry looking one at that.... > > $69.99 BIN or make offer (duh!) > > Shipping: FREE to United States - Economy Shipping > Free local pickup from Winterville, GA, United States > Used (who could tell?) > Sold AS-IS for Parts/Repair The power switch does not work. > > No affiliation > > -- > Jelte, > Admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki ...

IBM PS2 N51SX NOTE TYPE 8551 LAPTOP NOTEBOOK WORKS auction
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=74946&item=5182360081&rd=1< Ends Apr-10-05 11:42:07 PDT -- Reply to ohland@charter.net "Louis Ohland" <nullnvoid@charter.net> wrote in message news:42513F10.6D63BB8E@charter.net... > >http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=74946&item=518236008 1&rd=1< > Ends Apr-10-05 11:42:07 PDT > -- > Reply to ohland@charter.net http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=74946&item=5182360081 ...

Auction: Vintage IBM Portable Computer PS2 P70/386 PLASMA SCREEN
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330122615225 Starting bid: US $19.99 End time: May-27-07 17:57:18 PDT (6 days 16 hours) Ships to: United States Item location: Edgewater, Maryland, United States 8573-121 No affiliation -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com ...

Auction: Vintage IBM PS2 PC Hardware Maintenance Manual Models 25
<http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-IBM-PS2-PC-Hardware-Maintenance-Manual_W0QQitemZ270078671271QQihZ017QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> End time: Jan-18-07 17:11:07 PST These are good for quick service to the systems. I am electric, electric eye... ...

Auctions (2): Three IBM PS2 Graphics Adapters 8514/A *AND* IBM MicroChannel 4869 External 5-1/4" Disk Drive (360K)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270123874305 Starting bid: US $0.99 End time: May-31-07 16:43:43 PDT (6 days 3 hours) Ships to: United States Item location: Surprise, Arizona, United States IBM PS/2 MicroChannel CAD Workstation Graphics Cards Model 8514/A listing is for a quantity of three shipped for a single price Also by same seller : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270123854097 Starting bid: US $0.99 End time: May-31-07 15:51:52 PDT (6 days 3 hours) Includes the drive sled, the MCA adapter card and ribbon cables for inside the box (as shown in the picture). No affiliation PS William, WCT is mentioned in both auctions. -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com ...

IBM System 2 / P70 386 DX 20MHz 8MB RAM Type 8573-121 auction
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=51096&item=5201830083< Ends Jun-01-05 12:53:48 PDT Caution, the image shows the classic "I can't find my head" symbol. Either the battery is shot, or the DBA ESDI drive is hosed... -- Reply to ohland@charter.net ...

IBM System 2 / P70 386 DX 20MHz 8MB RAM Type 8573-121 auction #2
>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=51096&item=5206727217< Ends Jun-15-05 12:40:06 PDT -- Reply to ohland@charter.net ...

Auction: IBM PS2 PS/2 Vintage Server Collectible sys 8595-0KF (William!! It's a xKx!!!)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270237772168 Starting bid: US $59.00 End time: May-22-08 09:23:51 PDT (6 days 19 hours) Ships to: Worldwide Item location: Holliston/Boston, MA, United States You are bidding on a IBM PS2 PS/2 Vintage Server Collectible sys 8595-0KF. This has been test and in working condition. This is not really intended to be used as a computer, rather a collectible piece of IBM history. Unit IS WORKING, and cosmetically in great shape It has a 1.44 floppy and NO Hard drive and would require very specific ones if you were to go the route. (IBM older SCSI- example 85F0011, 85F0012) Proc is a 486 DX-33 FRU 64F0198 Has Internal/Ext SCSI Controller w/ Cache FRU# 85F0063 Has 8MB of RAM Has an XGA Monitor Card and requires XGA IBM Monitors System Board we believe to be FRU 33F5717 Power Supply we believe to be 92F0051 No Keyboard or Mouse. No affiliation -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com I'm looking for a 95*85*-xKx/xNx. But you should have seen how my heart skipped a beat! Thanks for pointing it out. :-) The shipping's not too far off, so if it ends without a bidder, I will probably ask about it. William "William R. Walsh" <newsgroups1@idontwantjunqueemail.walshcomptech.com> schreef in b...

IBM PS2 8530
Hello everyone I have Ibm ps2 8530 i8086 (8mhz i think?) and my problem is hard drive. Hard drive is dead! I do not know what to do, I can not find another to replace it. What should I do, whether it can build up a larger and newer disk? My old drive is: WDI 325Q 72x7568 Please help! Thanks "Nano" <adriano.uvodic@st.t-com.hr> wrote in message news:j9im4c$7nk$1@ss408.t-com.hr... > I have Ibm ps2 8530 i8086 (8mhz i think?) and my problem is hard drive. > Hard drive is dead! > I do not know what to do, I can not find another to replace it. > What should I do If you cannot afford to buy a new HD you must seek a free used drive through local computer clubs. (Supposing your PC runs at 8 MHz suggests you are not currently a member of such a club.) -- Don Phillipson Carlsbad Springs (Ottawa, Canada) First, location, location, location.... Where are you? City/State or province... Tried ebuy? On 11/11/2011 02:24 AM, Nano wrote: > Hello everyone > > I have Ibm ps2 8530 i8086 (8mhz i think?) and my problem is hard drive. > Hard drive is dead! > I do not know what to do, I can not find another to replace it. > What should I do, whether it can build up a larger and newer disk? > My old drive is: > WDI 325Q > 72x7568 > Please help! > Thanks > > Wow, those ebuy prices are... enthusiastic. Chances are that some of us have spares, but... where are you?...

IBM RS/6000 MCA SCSI Adapter vs. IBM PS/2 MCA SCSI Adapter
Hello, I found in my MCA repository a (seems to be) functionnal RS/6000 32bit SCSI Adapter. In my '80, I have a (what seems to be, again) original PS/2 SCSI Adapter, w/o cache. I found also a w/cache, but is faulty. May I get better performance, any improvement of any kind trying this RS/6000 Adapter, or is it not going to run at all...or will it be worse ? I have a 0661 type HDD, 320 MB in the SCSI Chain. Thanks ! Hum, as I see after some searches, it is RS/6000-only adapter, no ADF, not useable in a PS/2...Can someone confirm this ? The Godfather wrote: > Hello,...

IBM PS2 notebook N51sx
I am looking for an old N51 sx, for replace pieces. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3459519884&category=40177 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3460978409&category=42202 CT the Provider (?) ...

IBM PS2 FAQ anyone?
http://www.computercraft.com/docs/ps2htm.shtml no affiliation Moussa -- The information contained in this post is copyright of the poster, and may not be published or used by others. Hi Moussa, > http://www.computercraft.com/docs/ps2htm.shtml > is V4.0 here is V5.5a http://ps-2.kev009.com:8081/ohlandl/FAQ/FAQ_55a.html -- Jelte, Admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki On Sun, 1 May 2011 10:23:17 +0200, JWR wrote: > Hi Moussa, > >> http://www.computercraft.com/docs/ps2htm.shtml >> > > is V4.0 > > here is V5.5a > http://ps-2.kev009.com:8081/ohlandl/FAQ/FAQ_55a.html too sexy to expose it on the net/NG maybe once a month? :-) or Louis 2 strict ?!:-) Moussa -- The information contained in this post is copyright of the poster, and may not be published or used by others. ...

Auction: IBM P70-386 PORTABLE PC + TAPE DISKS ORIG BOX 8573 P70
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160206738064 Starting bid: US $19.99 End time: Feb-14-08 20:01:08 PST (6 days 7 hours) Ships to: United States Item location: Austin, Texas, United States Great vintage package includes all of the following: * IBM PS/2 P70-386 computer (8573-121) with power cable * 10.5" (diag) screen; fold-out keyboard and disk drive * Backpack tape drive with power adapter and tapes * Diskettes--System disk, Tape drive, XTreePro 1.4, Modem option disk, and others * Microsoft serial mouse * IBM Quick Reference guide--never opened! * Original IBM box System is in excellent shape and runs quite well. Offered by the original owner. No affiliation -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com That one didn't sell, but seller has another one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180214588121 With Hartmann case. "JWR" <you.wont.reach.me@nospam.speedlinq.nl> schreef in bericht news:93252$47acc6b8$59dc48a5$7316@news.speedlinq.nl... > > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160206738064 > > Starting bid: US $19.99 > End time: Feb-14-08 20:01:08 PST (6 days 7 hours) > Ships to: United States &g...

Linux on IBM PS2/80 8085
Hi, I would like to put linux on an old IBM PS2/80 which distrib work on this computer? Proc 386 Memory 4Mb (have trouble with memory card extension :( ) HD 300M SCSI Thks On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 17:35:47 +0100, Debian User wrote: > Hi, > I would like to put linux on an old IBM PS2/80 which distrib work on > this computer? > Proc 386 > Memory 4Mb (have trouble with memory card extension :( ) > HD 300M SCSI > Thks It must be possible to run a slackware (easy to install, MCA supported). But even only in text mode it will be slow. Perhaps it is possible to replace glibc by "diet libc" (http://www.fefe.de/dietlibc) for some binaries to improve performances (Never try). You can also try with a debian. As a recovering man (I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess) I would like to know your full type-model. It will be on a sticker on the rear of the Model 80. It will look like 8580-xxx. Your problem with the extension MAY be dust in the slot. Have you tried compressed air? Also, some memory cards use an init adf and Linux may not fully grok the card (I dunno). What memory expansion card did you try? Give us the adf # that you used. Debian User wrote: > Hi, > I would like to put linux on an old IBM PS2/80 which distrib work on > this computer? > Proc 386 > Memory 4Mb (have trouble with memory card extension :( ) > HD 300M SCSI > Thks > http://www.gilanet....

Auction: IBM PS2 Mod 70
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-PS2-Mod-70_W0QQitemZ330037024510QQihZ014QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< End time: Oct-14-06 15:13:55 PDT Short planar, 20MHz 386? ...

IBM PS2 Graphic cards for sale!
Hi, We have a few (100) brand new 8514A graphic cards (RED 8514A Graphics Accelerator, design by ACF REINSA 6amp. EDC) If anyone would like to buy some or knows anyone who might, please let me know!! ...

IBM 11H3600 GENUINE IBM SCSI-2 ADAPTER FAST/WIDE auction
Comes with F/W cable from a 7013-590 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3040508190 Aug-17-03 12:00:16 PDT Louis Ohland schrieb: > > Comes with F/W cable from a 7013-590 > > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3040508190 > Aug-17-03 12:00:16 PDT worth alone for the cabling. unlukily he ships inside Canada only. )o: has some more nice items as well. Gereon ...

Web resources about - IBM PS2 P70 Type 8573-061 and RS6000 SCSI - comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware