Junk, junk, junk

I know an older man who drives to various businesses and recovers their
scrap, often selling to metal yards and the like.

Infrequently he comes across older computer equipment and I've built up a
couple of systems for him in trade for network cabling and the few odds and
ends I can use.

Today I went by there and found two (2) older IBM machines that had been
scavenged first by their original owning company and then by him.  They're
PS/2s and they're in sad shape, friends.  All the cards pulled, cases
broken, SCSI cabling pulled out with parts of the connectors still in the
motherboard.  All cards present had been pulled and stuffed into a plastic
bin.  Ah, the ignominy of it all.

Oh, yeah.  They were an 8580-311 and a 9595-AHA.

Cards:
XGA-2 FRU 87F4774
Card and daughter, 92F0048 and 92F20050
Card with 4 SIMM slots, 2 SIMMS PN 65x5806 FRU 92F0103 @ 80NS
almost identical card w/4 SIMMS, no IBM tag on them
Card, 16/4 with 9-pin DIN and what looks like an ethernet connector, FRU
74G0098 on long blue extender, sticker with 74G0099B or 8 on card
Card, FRU 85F0063 and card-edge connector(s?) on top
Card, 16/4, FRU 74F9415 on short blue extender
Card, ESDI HARD DISK ATTACHMENT, PN 90X6858

Am I lucky?  Surely pics will follow soon(ish).

--
The email address, above, is most certainly munged.  Perhaps you
might reply to the newsgroup, instead?  Thanks!

james <mentor@arisia.invalid> wrote in

> Card and daughter, 92F0048 and 92F20050

Mine looks exactly like the one pictured here:
http://www.mcamafia.de/mcapage0/jpg/92f0048a.jpg

Exactly.

Mine is even missing the DX50, too. :v(

--
The email address, above, is most certainly munged.  Perhaps you
might reply to the newsgroup, instead?  Thanks!
0
james
3/9/2008 3:37:35 AM
> Card and daughter, 92F0048 and 92F20050
50MHZ DX 92F0048
http://www.gilanet.com/ohlandl/complexes/Type1.html#Upgrade_486DX-50

This is the rare Type 1 DX50 complex with the associated 15nS 256k L2
cache daughtercard.

> Card with 4 SIMM slots, 2 SIMMS PN 65x5806 FRU 92F0103 @ 80NS
> almost identical card w/4 SIMMS, no IBM tag on them
2MB 80NS PARITY
http://www.gilanet.com/ohlandl/misc/memory_expansion_index.html

> Card, 16/4 with 9-pin DIN and what looks like an ethernet connector, FRU
> 74G0098 on long blue extender, sticker with 74G0099B or 8 on card
LANStreamer MC32
http://www.gilanet.com/ohlandl/NIC/lanstreamer32.html

> Card, FRU 85F0063 and card-edge connector(s?) on top
Spock, SCSI controller w/cache. One, two, or three oscillator?
http://www.gilanet.com/ohlandl/IBM_SCSI/ibm_scsi.html

> Card, 16/4, FRU 74F9415 on short blue extender
Short 16/4
http://www.gilanet.com/ohlandl/NIC/TR16-4.html

> Card, ESDI HARD DISK ATTACHMENT, PN 90X6858
Eh.
http://www.gilanet.com/ohlandl/misc/ESDI.html
0
Louis

Junk, or not Junk
When I find a message from a company in junk, and right click and choose "not junk", will this company name be remembered for next time? if you go into the junk mail settings under options, there is a check box to have it add th address to the address book. "JR" <jeryham@pobox.com> wrote in message news:3F7506E0.94E8ECE@pobox.com... > When I find a message from a company in junk, and right click and choose > "not junk", will this company name be remembered for next time? > JR <jeryham@pobox.com> wrote: > When I find a message from a company in junk, and right click and choose > "not junk", will this company name be remembered for next time? Not exactly. Eudora uses Bayesian filtering. That means it maintains a list of items in junked mail vs. items in not-junked mail. When you "not junk" a message, the items in that message, including the company name, assuming it is there, get added to the list of items in good messages. When another message comes in, its items will be compared to the list. Items that appear in spam make the junk rating go up. Items that appear in non-spam make it go down. If the rest of the message is sufficiently spamlike, you may have to unjunk multiple messages before the score goes down enough to not junk the next one. If the address of these messages is always the same, putting it in your address book and telling Eudora not to junk ...

How to Junk Junk
Can anyone tell me how to disable the Junk mail sorting function of Eudora 6.0 Thanks On Tue, 04 May 2004 09:33:14 +0800, Jack Black <jackblack32003@yahoo.com> wrote: >Can anyone tell me how to disable the Junk mail sorting function of >Eudora 6.0 Tools -> Options -> Junk Mail Uncheck: "Automatically place junk in Junk mailbox" -- Ajo Wissink ...

to junk or not to junk
I have recently been experimenting with the pro's and con's for me to enable automatic junking of mail or not. I have come across some things which puzzle me in evaluating the different procedures. If I have the setting at junk automatically, then any mail coming from someone who is in my not_junk mail box gets a score of 0, and so does not get junked. That is a good thing. However, there are a few mailing lists I am subscribed to that seem to have a habit of changing the FROM: with each mail. They often end up in junk with a high score because the address in from is not in the not_junk mailbox. That is a bad thing. OTOH, if I have the setting to not junk automatically, I can have a positive filter that catches those particular mailing lists by looking at the part of their address or subject that does remain constant. That is good. However, when I have the setting to not junk automatically, all of the email from people in my not_junk mail box is getting a score -- often in the 70's or even 99. That is definitely not a good thing. Why is it that the addresses in the not_junk mailbox are getting a score of 0 if I have it set to junk automatically, but a score of 70 to 99 if I am not junking automatically? Is there a good way of forcing the score down on selected key words? How about doing some hand editing on the file that Eudora uses for doing its Bayesian scoring? I think that might work, but has anyone tri...

Junk the Junk
OSX 10.2.8 and Eudora 6.0.2 paid. I have prefs set to empty the junk folder of anything over 1 day old. But it doesn't. Well very rarely anyway, it will occasionally do so when I shut Eudora down, but as I rarely do that it's problem I would like to resolve. On the Windows version there is an 'Empty Junk Folder' button on the toolbar, which would be useful in these circumstances. In fact the Windows version has Junk Extras which we don't appear to have. -- to email me please go here www.dream-weaver.com/email.html In article <1g9v8jj.4ss84n1qcp5wdN%datasm...

Third Party Inks Are JUNK! JUNK! JUNK!
I give up, every third party ink cartridge I bought for my Epson 777 never worked right. I'm sick of clogged heads, streaks, and purple flesh tones. Epson you win Mike wrote: > I give up, every third party ink cartridge I bought for my Epson 777 never > worked right. I'm sick of clogged heads, streaks, and purple flesh tones. > Epson you win > First of all, if you've been in this newsgroup long enough, you'd know that "Epson" and "clog" are often used in the same sentence. So it's possible your third party is not to blame, depending of course on how much you dished out for those cartridges. Secondly, I'd suggest a Canon i850 and refill to your heart's content. They're the easiest to refill - clear plastic containers, so you see exactly how full (or empty) they are. I've had one for half a year now and have never had to run a clean cycle because of streaks or clogs or "purple flesh". And yes, I use third party inks too - quality bulk, not cheap compatible cartridges. Therefore I highly contest that ALL third party inks are "Junk". It's simply not so. -Taliesyn Try inkjetsusa.com -- they use on UK and USA Inks. J On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 00:32:34 GMT, "Mike" <nospam@myemail.com> wrote: >I give up, every third party ink cartridge I bought for my Epson 777 never >worked right. I'm sick of clogged heads, streaks, and purple...

junk mail not junking
I have set the "Trimming junk mail,remove junk that is at least 2 days old" on and still have to manually go into the junk box and delete it. Anyone else having this problem? Steven maguire wrote: > I have set the "Trimming junk mail,remove junk that is at least 2 days > old" on and still have to manually go into the junk box and delete it. The one possibility (I can think of) to solve this mystery without invoking the "B" word would be the Junk Mail Extras setting "Only remove junk whose score is at least ...". Maybe the messages that stay in your Junk box have a score below that. Had you given any details as to the messages that misbehave, this would be considerably easier. -- Peter Steven maguire <cyberwasp45@yahoo.com> wrote: > I have set the "Trimming junk mail,remove junk that is at least 2 days > old" on and still have to manually go into the junk box and delete it. > Anyone else having this problem? How are you determining that the messages aren't trimmed? Trimming is done when the mailbox is manually compacted, when you close Eudora or when you specifically tell Eudora to trim old junk. If you're not doing any of those things, that may be the problem. -- Katrina Katrina Knight <kknight@epix.net> wrote in message news:<eb_kb.5694$Bv6.1755664@news1.epix.net>... > Steven maguire <cyberwasp45@yahoo.com> wrote: > > I ...

Junk Score on messages not Junked?
Yesterday I upgraded from 5.2 to 6. I have my Junk Threshold set at 50 for now. In anticipation of the release of Eudora 6 I had saved up six weeks worth of old spam that I could immediately Junk (in an attmpt to speed learning process for SpamWatch). So far SpamWatch is performing well...no false positives and only one false negative. In the Junk mailbox I can see the Junk score assigned to each piece of mail that fell above my threshold setting. Is there any way to see the Junk score that was assigned to those pieces of email that fell below my threshold setting (all the...

junk mail not un junking
before when an email went into the junk mailbox all I had to do was right click it and say not junk. It then automatically went to the inbox. now I have to use transfer to put it into the inbox. any ideas. TIA Steven <cybernerd@verizon.net> wrote: > before when an email went into the junk mailbox all I had to do was right > click it and say not junk. It then automatically went to the inbox. now I > have to use transfer to put it into the inbox. any ideas. TIA The usual reason for that problem is that you have an incoming filter sending the message to Junk. When y...

Recognized junk as 100% junk
Hello I have a question on the usage of the junk messages in V6. Let's assume that some messages arriving to the junk folder are indeed junk but with a score of 55 or something like that, is it possible to assign these messages a score of 100 without having to "dejunk" them to the in folder and the rejunk them from there ? Can we have an option to "confirm" that it's junk once and for all so then it would be possible to increase the junk score to 60 or 70 and have a better filtering ? Thanks Txl <txl@@free.fr> wrote: >Let's assume that some messages arriving to the junk folder are indeed junk >but with a score of 55 or something like that, is it possible to assign >these messages a score of 100 without having to "dejunk" them to the in >folder and the rejunk them from there ? Move these messages manually from the "Junk" folder to the "In" folder (This operation does not change the score in the UserJunkDB.txt). Then you can "junk" these messages manually from the "In" folder. After that, their junk score is 100% and the filter is trained. Marc Weis <mw2003group@gmx.de> wrote in news:o4n2qvgtihhmc6erravlt9f41ns56f2p5u@4ax.com: > Txl <txl@@free.fr> wrote: > >>Let's assume that some messages arriving to the junk folder are indeed >>junk but with a score of 55 or something like that, is it po...

Junk
Give this Toronto Canada Spamming company a cal and let them know how your feel about their services!! 1-800-357-0438 -- The Only Good Spammer is a Dead one!! Have you hunted one down today? (c) 2007 I Kill Spammers, Inc. A Rot In Hell Co. ...

Junk
I have upgraded to Eudora 6.1 sponsored version, which doesn't have spam watch. Nevertheless I'm now getting many messages sent directlt to the junk mailbox. I've set everything in Tools/Options/Junk Mail to be as permissive as possible including score 100 or higher setting. I've checked the box "mail isn't junk if sender in address book" but still mail from senders in my address book get sent to Junk. It seems to be long address lists on the message, or use of a lot of capital letters, is what is triggering this action by Eudora, but the messages getting sent to junk show a spam rating of zero. Does anyone know to fix this or, if not, how I can go back to 6.0 (I have the install) while maintaining my in and out message files? Thank you. ...

junk
Does the junk filter do anything in Eudora sponsored mode? It doesn't seem to. OSX Panther 3.9 -- Harvey Products makers of Dinghy Dogs� The Boater's Best Friend http://www.dinghydogs.com Remove thefrown to email me Harvey Waxman <info@thefrowndinghydogs.com> wrote: > Does the junk filter do anything in Eudora sponsored mode? It doesn't > seem to. No, it doesn't. It's one of the "penalties" for not buying. :-( See <http://www.eudora.com/email/modes/> -- /Jon For mail address, run the following in Terminal: echo 3619...

Junk
I have all kinds of Amiga disks and cables. Need to get rid of them. Will send to you at your expense or they will all go in the big round file. Got any questions call the number below.. -- Thank you Frank ALexander 597 Circlewood Dr. Paradise, CA. 95969 Books www.thediscountbookstore.com Electronic Traning www.booksandtraining.com Bus/FAX (530) 872-3722 Ordering (888) 402-6442 ...

control key for Junk and Not Junk files?
Not really a complaint but it would be nice to have a key as well as a drop down menu to select from when designating junk or not junk files. 01dyna@cox.net wrote in news:k59jiv8de857g6112psk0d3okgap6q8ut3@4ax.com: > > Not really a complaint but it would be nice to have a key as > well as a drop down menu to select from when designating junk or > not junk files. I'd just like the option on the context menu. And I was wondering why there have to be 2 different toolbar buttons, one for Junk and one for Not Junk, since you can't Junk stuff that's already in the Junk folder, and you can't Not Junk stuff that isn't in the Junk folder (at least the menu items are disabled in those situations). -- "well *I* use triple-rot13 ... nyah nyah nyah" Mike <mlippert255@yahoo.com> wrote: | |I'd just like the option on the context menu. | |And I was wondering why there have to be 2 different toolbar buttons, |one for Junk and one for Not Junk, since you can't Junk stuff that's |already in the Junk folder, and you can't Not Junk stuff that isn't |in the Junk folder (at least the menu items are disabled in those |situations). You can certainly junk stuff that's in junk and unjunk stuff that's no in junk. Try it and then recalculate the scores. If you rejunk already junked stuff the score goes WAY up. If you unjunk stuff that's no in the junk folder...

To Junk or Not Junk: That's the control
I have read the other threads on this and remain un-enlightened (or maybe just slow, depending on who you ask). - Automatically place junk in Junk mailbox is UNchecked - I'm looking at a msg with a Junk score of 32 that is in my InBox - Right-clicking either the Message in the preview or the header in the list gives me the option to Junk but not "Not Junk" - Similarly, the Message menu lists Junk but not "Not Junk" - Same results if I open the msg rather than preview Shouldn't I be able to tell SpamWatch that this is Not Junk? If I look at a msg in the Junk Folder I have the option to "Not Junk"but not "Junk" which makes sense. Have I confused everyone? If not, isn't this a bug? Thanks... Bob On Mon, 6 Oct 2003 18:34:30 -0400, "Bob Bailey" <ebiz@usa.net> wrote: >I have read the other threads on this and remain un-enlightened (or maybe >just slow, depending on who you ask). > >- Automatically place junk in Junk mailbox is UNchecked >- I'm looking at a msg with a Junk score of 32 that is in my InBox >- Right-clicking either the Message in the preview or the header in the list >gives me the option to Junk but not "Not Junk" >- Similarly, the Message menu lists Junk but not "Not Junk" >- Same results if I open the msg rather than preview > >Shouldn't I be able to tell SpamWatch that this is Not Junk? > ...

Mail calls non-junk, junk
Somehow mail has gotten to calling most of my messages junk. I've clicked on them and chosen "non-junk," but it hasn't helped even though it is in learning mode. There doesn't seem to be a reset in the menus. Can I get rid of the junk settings by deleting: home/library/prefs/com.apple.mail.plist Will that reset the junk settings? What else will it get rid of? -- Charlie Dilks Newark, DE USA In article <cdilks-8E2569.10592129102003@news.fu-berlin.de>, Charlie Dilks <cdilks@nospam.net> wrote: > Can I get rid of the junk settings by deleting: > home/...

Not Junk??
Hi All, Ok, I give up .... how many times do I have to mark incoming mail "not junk"? I keep having to go thru my junk mailbox to pick out the "not junk ... over and over again. I am sure this is operator error but I do no know what I am ding wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks David On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 23:31:04 -0500, David Sontag <acudoc@bellsouth.net> wrote: >Hi All, > >Ok, I give up .... how many times do I have to mark incoming mail "not >junk"? I keep having to go thru my junk mailbox to pick out the "not >...

"Not Junk" ends up going to junk
Using Eudora 6.1.2 in paid version. (p.c. version) I have an address book set up as "NotJunk" In Options I have checked: Mail isn't junk if sender is in address book and I have checked: put not-junked senders into address book. When I check something in the junk box as "not junk", it goes into my inbox and the address goes into my NotJunk address book. However, future emails from the same address still go into the junk box. Any idea how to fix this? Thanks On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 00:43:51 GMT, "Cindy" <CA@nospam.com> wrote: >Using Eudora 6.1.2 in paid version. (p.c. version) >I have an address book set up as "NotJunk" > >In Options I have checked: Mail isn't junk if sender is in address book and >I have checked: put not-junked senders into address book. > >When I check something in the junk box as "not junk", it goes into my inbox >and the address goes into my NotJunk address book. However, future emails >from the same address still go into the junk box. > >Any idea how to fix this? I don't know. I have a similar problem Eudora will sometimes send email from a known sender to the Junk box even though that particular email address has its own filter to send it to a specific inbox. When I click on non junk it then sends it to the in box I had set it up to go to. I think Eudora is having a nervous breakdown. And If the PINHE...

Junk mail not going to junk mail folder.
When I receive junk mail in my in box, I send it to the junk mail folder, the idea being that Eudoira will remember that directive and future emails from the same sender will be automatically routed there, and I won't see them in my in box. I checked the option "Automatically place Junk in Junk mailbox" But emails from the exactly same spammers keep reappearing in the in box That that redirect is ignored. How can I get this to work? I'm using Eudora 7.1.0.9 with XP/SP3 Thanks MS On Sun, 13 Oct 2013 01:16:17 -0700 (PDT), mstag <stagersound@gmail.com> declaimed the following: >When I receive junk mail in my in box, I send it to the junk mail folder, >the idea being that Eudoira will remember that directive and future emails from the same sender will be automatically routed there, and I won't see them in my in box. > >I checked the option "Automatically place Junk in Junk mailbox" > >But emails from the exactly same spammers keep reappearing in the in box >That that redirect is ignored. > >How can I get this to work? > >I'm using Eudora 7.1.0.9 with XP/SP3 > 1) What is your junk threshold set to be (I run at 49, default is 50: Tools/Options/Junk Mail) 2) Tools/Mailboxes: Checkmark [Junk] so you can see the scores those message have. Scores lower than the threshold are not seen as Junk. -- Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber AF6VN wl...

[JUNK]
obfuskacja_test_01@tlen.pl obfuskacja_test_02[at]tlen.pl ...

WHEN does Eudora process Junk *scores*? (Not just the Junk emails themselves)
I have "Junk" capabilities turned on in my Mac 10.4.11 version of Eudora, and have a filter that immediately sends an incoming email which is given a Junk score > 60 to the Junk mailbox. Every once in a while I look at the Junk mailbox to see what's actually been sent there, and to clean it out by deleting all the messages in it. My question is, if I change the junk score of a message that's already in the Junk mailbox up to 100 or down to 0 using Cmd-J or Cmd-Option-J, does Eudora's training mechanism grab that new information and use it immediately...

How can I stop Junk folder from opening on new junk?
I have a bunch of filters and I like when a filter moves new mail into a folder that that folder opens. But I can't stand that when either a filter moves junk into the Junk folder or the spam software moves email into the junk folder that the junk folder also opens. any way to remedy this? I don't want my junk folder to auto-open..... thanks mike mike wrote: > I have a bunch of filters and I like when a filter moves new mail into a >folder that that folder opens. > >But I can't stand that when either a filter moves junk into the Junk folder >or the spam software moves email into the junk folder that the junk folder >also opens. > > any way to remedy this? > > I don't want my junk folder to auto-open..... > > > > UNcheck the option at Tools> Options> Getting attention and then create filters to move the mail to whatever folders you want, excluding junk mail. The junk mail filter will then take care of those. You can also have the good filters play different sounds for different kinds of good mail and open the relevant MB's, if you wish. Rick -- I didn't believe in reincarnation the last time, either. ...

[News] [Rival] Junk Software Chief Invests in Junk Food
Gates discloses holdings in McDonald's ,----[ Quote ] | The filing revealed that the trust holds 740,000 shares of McDonald's, the | world's biggest restaurant company, 5 million shares of Crown Castle, and 1.5 | million shares of Progressive. `---- http://www.reuters.com/article/marketsNews/idUKN1446369320070814?rpc=44 So he drops Microsoft shares and buys junk food instead. Related: From 'Doug' ,----[ Quote ] | "A glimse, to inspire your confidence in senior management, about how we | develop stratagy" [bill rolls vodeo of BillG and SteveB in a VW Gol...

"Not Junk" Emails Keep Going to "Junk"
I receive emails from one specific email address that always get sent to Junk, even after I designate it "Not Junk"... Shouldn't the filters 'remember' this 'not junk' designation and stop junking it? Tia, In article <170320050948523372%flopshotSTOP@SPAM.covad.net>, Jeff in LA <flopshotSTOP@SPAM.covad.net> wrote: > I receive emails from one specific email address that always get sent > to Junk, even after I designate it "Not Junk"... > > Shouldn't the filters 'remember' this 'not junk' design...

Web resources about - Junk, junk, junk - comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware

Junk (ship) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
and were used as seagoing vessels as early as the 2nd century CE. They evolved in the later dynasties, and were used throughout Asia for extensive ...

Junk Quotes & Leads (@junkremoval) on Twitter
Sign in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Junk Quotes & Leads @ junkremoval ...

Junk Jack on the App Store on iTunes
Get Junk Jack on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

The Joy of Junk - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore Orin Zebest's photos on Flickr. Orin Zebest has uploaded 10743 photos to Flickr.

Pitch Perfect 2 Movie CLIP - Emily Junk (2015) - Hailee Steinfeld, Rebel Wilson Movie HD - YouTube
Subscribe to TRAILERS: http://bit.ly/sxaw6h Subscribe to COMING SOON: http://bit.ly/H2vZUn Like us on FACEBOOK: http://goo.gl/dHs73 Follow us ...

Junk food is taken off the school menu
... once more. ABU DHABI // When children returning to school yesterday made their first visit of term to the canteen, they found that junk food ...

Qantas sheds junk status - AdelaideNow Search Search
QANTAS has finally shed its junk credit rating from Standard & Poor's.

Ground zero junk was from Boeing plane
A rusted piece of plane landing gear discovered near the destroyed World Trade Center has been confirmed as coming from the type of Boeing jet ...

Remove your PC's junk files with Kaspersky Cleaner
... security vendor Kaspersky has released Kaspersky Cleaner , a free beta for Windows XP and later. The program is designed to delete junk Windows ...

Junk bonds are in worse shape than before the Lehman collapse, @Gaius_Publius
Junk bonds are in worse shape than before the Lehman collapse by Gaius Publius Percentage of S&P junk bonds and leveraged loans considered "distressed" ...