Looking for a PS/2 to run my OS/2 Warp

In moving from FL to TX, my PS/2, 9556, with a CD-ROM, 16mb ram, 1gig HDD
in beautiful shape, got "lost" by Mayflower!  I am an OS/2 collector,
having run the OS from 94-2008.  I also had an XGA-2 with the 1mb of vram,
and a network card.
I have checked all around the Austin area, and have come up dry.  I have
been interacting with this group for many years, and hope that someone
can help me.
TIA,
Bob Grimes

--
"What do you mean there's no movie?"
0

Which means what? Replacement system? With what cards? Cards I have like
Carter's got liver pills.

On 10/19/2016 15:55, sctvguy1 wrote:
> In moving from FL to TX, my PS/2, 9556, with a CD-ROM, 16mb ram, 1gig HDD
> in beautiful shape, got "lost" by Mayflower!  I am an OS/2 collector,
> having run the OS from 94-2008.  I also had an XGA-2 with the 1mb of vram,
> and a network card.
> I have checked all around the Austin area, and have come up dry.  I have
> been interacting with this group for many years, and hope that someone
> can help me.
> TIA,
> Bob Grimes

0
Louis
10/19/2016 10:24:25 PM
On Wed, 19 Oct 2016 17:24:25 -0500, Louis Ohland wrote:

> Which means what? Replacement system? With what cards? Cards I have like
> Carter's got liver pills.
>
> On 10/19/2016 15:55, sctvguy1 wrote:
>> In moving from FL to TX, my PS/2, 9556, with a CD-ROM, 16mb ram, 1gig
>> HDD in beautiful shape, got "lost" by Mayflower!  I am an OS/2
>> collector, having run the OS from 94-2008.  I also had an XGA-2 with
>> the 1mb of vram, and a network card.
>> I have checked all around the Austin area, and have come up dry.  I
>> have been interacting with this group for many years, and hope that
>> someone can help me.
>> TIA,
>> Bob Grimes

Which means, my entire 9556 is gone!  Mayflower lost the damned thing,
along with most of my entire OS/2 collection!!!!  I have replaced,
through ebay, Warp Connect and Warp 4, two books on Warp 3 and 4.  I am
looking for a replacement computer, any PS/2 with the same type of specs
that my 9556 had.  In fact, you sent me the 1 gig HDD for that 9556 in
the late 90's.
The movers lost my Stardock Object Desktop, which so far, I have been
totally unable to find.  I did manage to find Lotus SmartSuite 96 for
OS/2 again, but the main problem is no computer to run OS/2 on.

--
"What do you mean there's no movie?"
0
sctvguy1
10/20/2016 2:16:34 PM
On Thursday, October 20, 2016 at 10:16:55 AM UTC-4, sctvguy1 wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Oct 2016 17:24:25 -0500, Louis Ohland wrote:
>
> > Which means what? Replacement system? With what cards? Cards I have like
> > Carter's got liver pills.
> >
> > On 10/19/2016 15:55, sctvguy1 wrote:
> >> In moving from FL to TX, my PS/2, 9556, with a CD-ROM, 16mb ram, 1gig
> >> HDD in beautiful shape, got "lost" by Mayflower!  I am an OS/2
> >> collector, having run the OS from 94-2008.  I also had an XGA-2 with
> >> the 1mb of vram, and a network card.
> >> I have checked all around the Austin area, and have come up dry.  I
> >> have been interacting with this group for many years, and hope that
> >> someone can help me.
> >> TIA,
> >> Bob Grimes
> >>

> Which means, my entire 9556 is gone!  Mayflower lost the damned thing,
> along with most of my entire OS/2 collection!!!!  I have replaced,
> through ebay, Warp Connect and Warp 4, two books on Warp 3 and 4.  I am
> looking for a replacement computer, any PS/2 with the same type of specs
> that my 9556 had.  In fact, you sent me the 1 gig HDD for that 9556 in
> the late 90's.
> The movers lost my Stardock Object Desktop, which so far, I have been
> totally unable to find.  I did manage to find Lotus SmartSuite 96 for
> OS/2 again, but the main problem is no computer to run OS/2 on.
>

> --
> "What do you mean there's no movie?"

I've got some new systems available -- feel free to send me a message at ibm at nyceonline dot net.

You can browse some example items on the eBay store.. http://stores.ebay.com/nycedistributionllc/

Thanks !  Lorenzo

Louis - how've you been?  =)
0
Lorenzo
10/25/2016 6:19:41 PM
Lorenzo, it has been a long slog since the start of September. Dove
season, now Woodcock, Pheasant, then unfortunately Deer season.

My Brittany Spaniel is continuing to develop, but it is slow since we
might see one or two birds for the morning. The flight does not appear
to be down here yet. Tuesday was a nice day, Belle found a down Woodcock
and she pinned it to the ground. I suspect shes not having anything to
do with one getting away.

Not a toothy mark on it.

As you can tell, micro channel activity is by exception only.

> Louis - how've you been?  =)

0
Louis
10/26/2016 1:13:06 PM
On Tue, 25 Oct 2016 11:19:41 -0700, Lorenzo Mollicone wrote:

> On Thursday, October 20, 2016 at 10:16:55 AM UTC-4, sctvguy1 wrote:
>> On Wed, 19 Oct 2016 17:24:25 -0500, Louis Ohland wrote:
>>
>> > Which means what? Replacement system? With what cards? Cards I have
>> > like Carter's got liver pills.

>> Which means, my entire 9556 is gone!  Mayflower lost the damned thing,
>> along with most of my entire OS/2 collection!!!!  I have replaced,
>> through ebay, Warp Connect and Warp 4, two books on Warp 3 and 4.  I am
>> looking for a replacement computer, any PS/2 with the same type of
>> specs that my 9556 had.  In fact, you sent me the 1 gig HDD for that
>> 9556 in the late 90's.
>> The movers lost my Stardock Object Desktop, which so far, I have been
>> totally unable to find.  I did manage to find Lotus SmartSuite 96 for
>> OS/2 again, but the main problem is no computer to run OS/2 on.
>>

>> --
>> "What do you mean there's no movie?"
>
> I've got some new systems available -- feel free to send me a message at
> ibm at nyceonline dot net.
>
> You can browse some example items on the eBay store..
> http://stores.ebay.com/nycedistributionllc/
>
> Thanks !  Lorenzo
>
> Louis - how've you been?  =)

Thank you Lorenzo!  Your reply was just what I was looking for!  Will
check out your page.

--
"What do you mean there's no movie?"
0
sctvguy1
10/28/2016 5:29:54 PM
Also note that while "the purists" require a PS/2 to run OS/2, the later OS=
/2 versions (like the version 4.52 e-business edition) run quite nicely on =
more common, later IBM Type-Models with Pentium 4 processors (including typ=
es 6792, 8305, 8141, 8187) and most of the Netfinity class server machines.

So if you can't find the "right PS/2 at the right price", you have other op=
tions (unless you insist on keeping your "purity score" high).
0
ekblaw
10/31/2016 12:14:41 PM
Rick, is that the vaunted "purity test"?

On 10/31/2016 07:14, ekblaw@vnet.ibm.com wrote:
> Also note that while "the purists" require a PS/2 to run OS/2, the later OS/2 versions (like the version 4.52 e-business edition) run quite nicely on more common, later IBM Type-Models with Pentium 4 processors (including types 6792, 8305, 8141, 8187) and most of the Netfinity class server machines.
>
> So if you can't find the "right PS/2 at the right price", you have other options (unless you insist on keeping your "purity score" high).

0
Louis
10/31/2016 5:14:49 PM
On Mon, 31 Oct 2016 05:14:41 -0700, ekblaw wrote:

> Also note that while "the purists" require a PS/2 to run OS/2, the later
> OS/2 versions (like the version 4.52 e-business edition) run quite
> nicely on more common, later IBM Type-Models with Pentium 4 processors
> (including types 6792, 8305, 8141, 8187) and most of the Netfinity class
> server machines.
>
> So if you can't find the "right PS/2 at the right price", you have other
> options (unless you insist on keeping your "purity score" high).

It is not for purity, it is because I have Warp Connect.  I used to have
several copies of the 4.52 distro, I was a Software Choice subscriber.

--
"What do you mean there's no movie?"
0
sctvguy1
10/31/2016 5:53:40 PM
sctvguy1 schrieb:
> On Mon, 31 Oct 2016 05:14:41 -0700, ekblaw wrote:
>
>> Also note that while "the purists" require a PS/2 to run OS/2, the later
>> OS/2 versions (like the version 4.52 e-business edition) run quite
>> nicely on more common, later IBM Type-Models with Pentium 4 processors
>> (including types 6792, 8305, 8141, 8187) and most of the Netfinity class
>> server machines.
>>
>> So if you can't find the "right PS/2 at the right price", you have other
>> options (unless you insist on keeping your "purity score" high).
>
> It is not for purity, it is because I have Warp Connect.  I used to have
> several copies of the 4.52 distro, I was a Software Choice subscriber.

If you want both (micro channel and pci), then look for IBM PC 730/750
systems (6876, 6886). ThinkPads until 560E should also run fine.

--
Andreas
0
On Monday, October 31, 2016 at 1:14:49 PM UTC-4, Louis Ohland wrote:
> Rick, is that the vaunted "purity test"?

Nope, the "purity test" applied to certain activities, traits and attributes of people who participated in IBM's internal forums (geared towards, but not exclusively targeted at the IBMPC forum community).  My personal score was not very "pure".
1
ekblaw