Looking for an 8 min record/playback chip 4004-08MP source

DigiKey has 441 of them but almost $18 each - Mouser doesnt list them,
Allied nor Jameco list them as well. Any into regular sourcing of odd
items have a better priced source for them - quantity 1, 2 or 3. They
add 8 mins each of record and playback to an On-Hold Plus 4000 music
on hold box I just got ($30 shipped) to add to my KX-TA624 KSU. The 8
min's worth installed is fine but if I can land chips pretty cheap
I'll expand it. On-Hold is outrageous for them - $55 each.
0
rhb57 (4)

That looks like an ISD (now WinBond) part.

RadioShack used to carry some of the ISD parts repackaged under their
own branding. (The IC was still a geniune ISD part, however.)

I don't see it on their website now. Still, one of their stores might
have a few hiding somewhere. Can't remember what the price was like.

William
0
William
11/17/2009 6:50:58 PM
I'll have to check i t although RS was probably much more expensive.

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 10:50:58 -0800 (PST), "William R. Walsh"
<wm_walsh@hotmail.com> wrote:

>That looks like an ISD (now WinBond) part.
>
>RadioShack used to carry some of the ISD parts repackaged under their
>own branding. (The IC was still a geniune ISD part, however.)
>
>I don't see it on their website now. Still, one of their stores might
>have a few hiding somewhere. Can't remember what the price was like.
>
>William
0
Russ
11/17/2009 7:25:04 PM
Well I loaded the 8 min worth of chip with a 7.60 min instrumental and
it works nice that way and almost seamlessly restarts so the thought
of boosting memory on the unit is now an afterthought.
0
Russ