f



Lost in PS/2 E Model 9533 drivers

Hi,

I'm trying to reinstall a PS/2 E 9533-GB7 in its original
configuration (OS/2 2.1). Of course, I went to Louis 9533 page, but am
a little confused on several aspects.

First, the driver for the ISA 4-slot PCMCIA adapter. Should I use:
- the one in the ps2eutil.exe diskette (this one is explicitely
targeted for the PS/2 E)
- the one in the isa2slot.exe diskette (this one was referred as ISA 2-
slot PCMCIA adapter on PCCBBS)
- the one in the utte131.exe diskette (this one is referred as 9533
PCMCIA support, but there are drivers for ThinkPads too. Is this then
a cross-system/general PCMCIA support diskette?).
BTW, what are the difference between all these PCMCIA drivers?

Next, the keyboard. My PS/2 E came with the space saver model. Does it
need a special driver or is the standard OS/2 one fine? I've seen a
ThinkPad Space Saver keyboard driver in the utte131.exe diskette IIRC.
Is this the one I need?

Next, energy saving support. I've found an HDD energy saving tool on
the ps2eutil.exe diskette, but that's all folks. Is there a driver for
the XGA-2 adapter (as the one for the S3 chip of my Model 76i)? Is
there a "whole-system" driver to enable energy saving? Indeed, I've
installed APM support in OS/2 but I'm told that my system isn't APM
aware and it doesn't enter sleep mode after more than half an hour of
inactivity. For an Energy Star system candidate, I'm a little bit
surprised!

Last, 9507 color display configuration. Does it need a DMQS file? Do I
have to install a driver to enable support for energy saving?

Thanks,

     Emeric
0
ISO
11/22/2009 7:40:53 PM
comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware 10363 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

5 Replies
1000 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 30

Nice that someone is firing up another Little Big e.

In my debauched experiments, all the aforementioned drivers will work. 
What options does OS/2 have for drivers to install?

"Universal" PCMCIA Drivers
    ThinkPad 350, 360, 510, 720, 750, 755, and PS/Note 425 all have 
compatible hardware. These models can use the Yamato PCMCIA drivers with 
EasyPlay. The file TPPCMCIA.EXE, will create an install disk for the 
Yamato drivers and EasyPlay. The file can be downloaded from the Internet.

The 4 sot uses the i82365SL
Thinkpad              Controller
350                   Intel82365SL
500                   Intel82365SL
720                   IBM "Stinger" Microchannel
710T-TPF              Intel82365SL (x2)
710T-HDD              Intel82365SL
750                   Intel82365SL

Keyboard? No clue.

Dosdpmv.exe APM disk for DOS 5.02+ and Windows 3.1 on XGA-2 page

http://www.mcamafia.de/mcapage0/xgsetup4.htm 0FF0 My GB7 looks good on a 
17" ViewSonic LCD.

�meric wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> I'm trying to reinstall a PS/2 E 9533-GB7 in its original
> configuration (OS/2 2.1). Of course, I went to Louis 9533 page, but am
> a little confused on several aspects.
> 
> First, the driver for the ISA 4-slot PCMCIA adapter. Should I use:
> - the one in the ps2eutil.exe diskette (this one is explicitely
> targeted for the PS/2 E)
> - the one in the isa2slot.exe diskette (this one was referred as ISA 2-
> slot PCMCIA adapter on PCCBBS)
> - the one in the utte131.exe diskette (this one is referred as 9533
> PCMCIA support, but there are drivers for ThinkPads too. Is this then
> a cross-system/general PCMCIA support diskette?).
> BTW, what are the difference between all these PCMCIA drivers?
> 
> Next, the keyboard. My PS/2 E came with the space saver model. Does it
> need a special driver or is the standard OS/2 one fine? I've seen a
> ThinkPad Space Saver keyboard driver in the utte131.exe diskette IIRC.
> Is this the one I need?
> 
> Next, energy saving support. I've found an HDD energy saving tool on
> the ps2eutil.exe diskette, but that's all folks. Is there a driver for
> the XGA-2 adapter (as the one for the S3 chip of my Model 76i)? Is
> there a "whole-system" driver to enable energy saving? Indeed, I've
> installed APM support in OS/2 but I'm told that my system isn't APM
> aware and it doesn't enter sleep mode after more than half an hour of
> inactivity. For an Energy Star system candidate, I'm a little bit
> surprised!
> 
> Last, 9507 color display configuration. Does it need a DMQS file? Do I
> have to install a driver to enable support for energy saving?
> 
> Thanks,
> 
>      Emeric
0
Louis
11/22/2009 9:24:09 PM
 >http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=14&ved=0CBYQFjADOAo&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdownload.lenovo.com%2Fibmdl%2Fpub%2Fpc%2Fpccbbs%2Fvisuals%2Fmwbook2.pdf&rct=j&q=ibm+9507+lcd+drivers&ei=_KwJS-36EYuJnQfiwenDCw&usg=AFQjCNEKET1r47AVx2FHiN9W0Z-XDrSAAQ<


The 9507 operates at only 37 watts and idles
at 17 watts. The 9507 powers down to 17
watts independent of any system unit driver.
Contrary to other displays (V and P series),
the 9507 does not need VESA DPMS
drivers for power saving stages.

9507 text modes include:
① 640 x 350 at 60, 70 Hz
② 640 x 400 at 60, 70 Hz
③ 720 x 400 at 70 Hz
0
Louis
11/22/2009 9:35:10 PM
Hello Louis,

> In my debauched experiments, all the aforementioned drivers will work.
> What options does OS/2 have for drivers to install?
>
> "Universal" PCMCIA Drivers
>     ThinkPad 350, 360, 510, 720, 750, 755, and PS/Note 425 all have
> compatible hardware. These models can use the Yamato PCMCIA drivers with
> EasyPlay. The file TPPCMCIA.EXE, will create an install disk for the
> Yamato drivers and EasyPlay. The file can be downloaded from the Internet.

OK. Did you also install PCMCIA support in OS/2 Selective Install?
Will this install basic PCMCIA feature, minus the drivers (provided by
3rd-party manufacturer or the aforementioned drivers in the PS/2 E
case)? Or will OS/2 PCMCIA support install default PCMCIA drivers
(maybe the ones needed by the aforementioned ThinkPads, PS/Note and PS/
2 E)?

> Dosdpmv.exe APM disk for DOS 5.02+ and Windows 3.1 on XGA-2 page

Yes, I've seen this. But do I need to install APM support in OS/2
Selective Install too, or not?

      Emeric
0
ISO
11/23/2009 9:45:38 AM
Hello again,

> =C2=A0>http://www.google.com/url?sa=3Dt&source=3Dweb&ct=3Dres&cd=3D14&ved=
=3D0CBYQFjADO...<
>
> The 9507 operates at only 37 watts and idles
> at 17 watts. The 9507 powers down to 17
> watts independent of any system unit driver.
> Contrary to other displays (V and P series),
> the 9507 does not need VESA DPMS
> drivers for power saving stages.
>
> 9507 text modes include:
> =E2=91=A0 640 x 350 at 60, 70 Hz
> =E2=91=A1 640 x 400 at 60, 70 Hz
> =E2=91=A2 720 x 400 at 70 Hz

Many thanks for the link.

       Emeric
0
ISO
11/23/2009 9:47:51 AM
IIRC, I used the OS/2 device install. Support should be built in for the 
PCMCIA... I have it under WfW3.11, so YMMD...

Not sure of APM under OS/2...

�meric wrote:
> Hello Louis,
> 
>> In my debauched experiments, all the aforementioned drivers will work.
>> What options does OS/2 have for drivers to install?
>>
>> "Universal" PCMCIA Drivers
>>     ThinkPad 350, 360, 510, 720, 750, 755, and PS/Note 425 all have
>> compatible hardware. These models can use the Yamato PCMCIA drivers with
>> EasyPlay. The file TPPCMCIA.EXE, will create an install disk for the
>> Yamato drivers and EasyPlay. The file can be downloaded from the Internet.
> 
> OK. Did you also install PCMCIA support in OS/2 Selective Install?
> Will this install basic PCMCIA feature, minus the drivers (provided by
> 3rd-party manufacturer or the aforementioned drivers in the PS/2 E
> case)? Or will OS/2 PCMCIA support install default PCMCIA drivers
> (maybe the ones needed by the aforementioned ThinkPads, PS/Note and PS/
> 2 E)?
> 
>> Dosdpmv.exe APM disk for DOS 5.02+ and Windows 3.1 on XGA-2 page
> 
> Yes, I've seen this. But do I need to install APM support in OS/2
> Selective Install too, or not?
> 
>       Emeric
0
Louis
11/23/2009 1:23:33 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

About IBM PS/2 Model 30 BIOS Revision 2
I'm searching for IBM PS/2 Model 30 BIOS Revision 2. It must be (12/12/86). If anyone have this BIOS version, I want to update (09/06/86) to this with BIOS image file. ...

Auction: IBM PS/2 Model 70 with External Optical Drive and OS/2
It looks like time forgot about this one. Seller says it hasn't run in ~12 years, but look at all the stuff that comes with it! http://search.ebay.com/250220637456 Starting bid of $20.00, shipping ~$37.30 to the US only and by way of UPS Ground service. Located in North Tonawanda (now that's a name for a town!), NY USA. Ends Mar-06-2008, 06:45:20 PST (6 days, 22 hours). No affiliation. Disclaimer: I have enough Model 70s, but I am somewhat seriously considering throwing my hat in the ring for this one. The only thing putting me off is the shipping, not that it's unreasonable... What is (or was?) a PC on the Highway? William A memory card, perhaps a Kingston. Looks to be a late Spock, notice the yellow resistor network by the slot bracket? My guess was the Spock is a late add-on to support the MO disk. (duh!) wm_walsh@hotmail.com wrote: > It looks like time forgot about this one. Seller says it hasn't run in > ~12 years, but look at all the stuff that comes with it! > > http://search.ebay.com/250220637456 > > Starting bid of $20.00, shipping ~$37.30 to the US only and by way of > UPS Ground service. Located in North Tonawanda (now that's a name for > a town!), NY USA. > > Ends Mar-06-2008, 06:45:20 PST (6 days, 22 hours). > > No affiliation. > > Disclaimer: I have enough Model 70s, but I am somewhat seriously > considering throwing my hat in the ring for t...

Auction: IBM PS/2 Model 70 386 Desktop/Monitor / Orig IBM Disks+
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-PS-2-Model-70-386-Desktop-Monitor-Orig-IBM-Disks_W0QQitemZ320001240757QQihZ011QQcategoryZ4193QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< End time: Jul-02-06 09:15:29 PDT IBM PS/2 Model 70 Desktop (Type 8570) with IBM VGA Monitor (Type 8513001) Specifications: * CPU: Intel 80386 16 MHz * Internal memory: 1 MB * Hard-drive: 60 MB * Floppy drive: 1.44 MB * Expansion slots: 3-MC (Micro Channel) Louis Ohland wrote: > >http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-PS-2-Model-70-386-Desktop-Monitor-Orig-IBM-Disks_W0QQitemZ320001240757QQihZ011QQcategoryZ4193QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< > > End time: Jul-02-06 09:15:29 PDT > > IBM PS/2 Model 70 Desktop (Type 8570) with IBM VGA Monitor (Type > 8513001) Specifications: > > * CPU: Intel 80386 16 MHz > * Internal memory: 1 MB > * Hard-drive: 60 MB > * Floppy drive: 1.44 MB > * Expansion slots: 3-MC (Micro Channel) Hmmm, if I knew I be driving by the 'Center of the Earth', I'd bid on it. Jim Hall wrote: > Hmmm, if I knew I be driving by the 'Center of the Earth', I'd bid on it. I've got my eyes on it. Been looking for a good 70 for a while. --Daniel ...

Auction: NOS IBM Personal System/2 Model 80 PS/2 Intel 80386
Here's something you don't see very often... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250176278569 Current bid: US $0.99 (Reserve not met) End time: Oct-22-07 10:03:41 PDT (5 days 20 hours) Ships to: Worldwide Item location: Hayward, California, United States Here is a BRAND NEW IBM Personal System/2 Model 80! This is still sealed in its original box and has never been opened! No affiliation -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com 8580-041 JWR wrote: > Here's something you don't see very often... > > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250176278569 > > Current bid: US $0.99 > (Reserve not met) > > End time: Oct-22-07 10:03:41 PDT (5 days 20 hours) > Ships to: Worldwide > Item location: Hayward, California, United States > > Here is a BRAND NEW IBM Personal System/2 Model 80! This is still sealed in > its original box and has never been opened! > > > No affiliation > Following the above link leads to this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/Equinox-S-100-System-Keyed-Up-8080A-IMSAI-MITS-Altair_W0QQitemZ250176834614QQihZ015QQcategoryZ1247QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem OT, yes, but ... :-) k ...

Auction: IBM PS/2 Model 56 486SLC3 with 8MB RAM and 240MB Drive #2
<http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-PS-2-Model-56-486SLC3-with-8MB-RAM-and-240MB-Drive_W0QQitemZ120083468865QQihZ002QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> End time: (Feb-11-07 21:07:22 PST) Caution, the start price is $99 and the BIN is 200$. Shipping is so-so. About 25$ USPS, about 29$ UPS. ...

Auction: IBM PS/2 model 9585-0XF complete w/ extras Low shipping #2
http://search.ebay.com/160114406547 End time: May-11-07 18:39:31 PDT The seller has listed this system before. I bid on it, and won. After hearing nothing for little while, I got a notice of refund from the seller and PayPal. The seller didn't feel they could complete the transaction at this time. I'm glad this went smoothly, but I still wanted the computer. (One can never have enough 9585 systems...) Buyer Beware...! William the Suspicious On Mon, 07 May 2007 03:42:36 GMT, William R. Walsh wrote: > (One can never have enough 9585 systems...) I remember years ago when one seller had a pallet of them and they were $20 each. With versions supporting F/W on the planar as well as the POD, I always thought of the Model 85 as the system that was ALMOST really cool ... Except that it needed the funky RAM in the larger modules, and you had to bend the POD pin, and a few other things ... -- CL -> http://tinyurl.com/2zqgly For email correspondence. +----------------------------------------------+ | Charles Lasitter | Address, Mail / Ship: | | 401/728-1987 | 14 Cooke St | | see^tinyurl>4email | Pawtucket RI 02860-6114 | +----------------------------------------------+ Hi! > With versions supporting F/W on the planar as well as the POD Those were the K/N models. What I have so far are "X" models...soldered 486SX-33, 64MB RAM maximum, onboard "Spock" SCSI. As far a...

[auction US] IBM PS/2 Hardware Interface Tech. Ref. Blue Book MINT #2
System Specific Info. Models 50,55SX60,65SX,70,90,95 <http://search.ebay.com/130086518753> [Ends march 11th, 2007] Louis, This seller is trying to drive you nuts by releasing his goodies bit by bit. Regards, Alvin. I'm on it. Alvin Andries wrote: > System Specific Info. Models 50,55SX60,65SX,70,90,95 > > <http://search.ebay.com/130086518753> > [Ends march 11th, 2007] > > Louis, > > This seller is trying to drive you nuts by releasing his goodies bit by bit. > > Regards, > Alvin. > > Damn it, Gerd, YOU buy it and YOU scan it. Louis Ohland wrote: > I'm on it. > > Alvin Andries wrote: >> System Specific Info. Models 50,55SX60,65SX,70,90,95 >> >> <http://search.ebay.com/130086518753> >> [Ends march 11th, 2007] >> >> Louis, >> >> This seller is trying to drive you nuts by releasing his goodies bit >> by bit. >> >> Regards, >> Alvin. >> >> "Louis Ohland" <ohland@charter.net> wrote in message news:eUWIh.32$2A3.26@newsfe02.lga... > Damn it, Gerd, YOU buy it and YOU scan it. > > Louis Ohland wrote: > > I'm on it. > > > > Alvin Andries wrote: > >> System Specific Info. Models 50,55SX60,65SX,70,90,95 > >> > >> <http://search.ebay.com/130086518753> > >> [Ends march ...

IBM PS 2 MODEL 50 WORKING WITH WINDOWS 3.1 AND DOS 6.2 auction
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-PS-2-MODEL-50-WORKING-WITH-WINDOWS-3-1-AND-DOS-6-2_W0QQitemZ5227734016QQcategoryZ51096QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< Ends Aug-16-05 09:11:47 PDT Huntington, West Virginia -- Reply to ohland@charter.net ...

Auction: IBM PS/2 L40 SX PS-2 Vintage Computer
L40SX are always interesting... http://search.ebay.com/320196297042 Starting bid of $39.95. $25.00 shipping and gouging to the US only. Located in Dallas, TX USA. Ends Dec-20-07, 15:04:25 PST (3 days, 5 five hours). Money order, cashier's check, credit card, PayPal, 14 day hold on personal checks. Item is for sale outside of eBay as well (is that allowed?) and the listing may end if it isn't bid on. No affiliation. William ...

IBM PS/2 model L40SX Options
Hi all! I have got such a beauty... and it worked until the batteries (3!) died, and I replaced them. Now, when booting I get: code 161 and 163, the it asks for F1 Then I get: The IBM personal computer Basic, 1981... AFAIK, it should read some BIOS from the HD - and it need to be set up, probably by a floppy with the BIOS or BIOS setup.... Can anyone tell me a bit more? I'd like to keep this thing alive... :) Sonnich When was the last time you replaced the cmos battery inside? Lou On Oct 2, 3:01 am, Lou <loup...@hotmail.com> wrote: > When was the last time you replaced the cmos battery inside? > Lou A month ago. When _they_ were dead, there are 3 of them :-) Meaning, that whatever the hold, is gone :-) jodleren wrote: > Hi all! > > I have got such a beauty... and it worked until the batteries (3!) > died, and I replaced them. > Now, when booting I get: > > code 161 and 163, the it asks for F1 > Then I get: > The IBM personal computer Basic, 1981... > > AFAIK, it should read some BIOS from the HD - and it need to be set > up, probably by a floppy with the BIOS or BIOS setup.... > > Can anyone tell me a bit more? > > I'd like to keep this thing alive... :) > > Sonnich > Gimme an email address that can take just over a megabyte attachment. I've got some disk images that might help. mike -- Return address is VALID! On Oct 2, 12:36 pm, mike <spam...@...

Auction: IBM PS/2 Model 60
http://search.ebay.com/250447246531 2 days, 3 hours left. Starting bid of $25 with reserve (not met). (Hope that doesn't mean the seller is having some kind of dream.) Located in Hollis, NH USA. Ships to the US, seller says four boxes total and about $101 shipping cost (!!!). Probably best to pick it up if you can. Comes with new CMOS battery, 40MB disk, Adaptec SCSI adapter, Bernoulli drive, Irwin ITBU, Boca 14.4 modem, 8503 display, mouse, original cartons, and a new CMOS battery. Also includes books and software. No affiliation. William ...

PS/2 E 9533 problems and questions
I know someone that has one of these units and it's posting a 118 error. The memory was changed out, but did not fix the problem. What else could it be? If the system board is bad, is there another IBM board that will fit in the case? 0001 18XX 1. System Board Memory Previously detected error. 2. Processor Board (90/95) Run Advanced Diagnostics My guesstimate is that it had some bad or non-PD memory installed. Remove any SIMMs from the unit and test the 4MB that is on-board. http://www.gilanet.com/ohlandl/errors/error_01.htm http://www.gilanet.com/ohlandl/9533/9533.html ps2estrt.exe 9533E Starter Diskette v1.0 http://www.gilanet.com/ohlandl/9533/ps2estrt.exe this is the setup disk, includes the diagnostics. IIRC, do a Ctrl-A and choose the memory. IPFreeley wrote: > I know someone that has one of these units and it's posting a 118 error. The > memory was changed out, but did not fix the problem. What else could it be? > If the system board is bad, is there another IBM board that will fit in the > case? > > Oh, BTW, it supports 4 and 8MB 72 pin FPM SIMMs. You can only have 16MB useable in the system, so if you install more than 12MB, anything above the 16MB mark will not be used. I use an 8MB and a 4MB SIMM to add to the 4MB of on-board memory. Louis Ohland wrote: > 0001 18XX 1. System Board Memory > Previously detected error. ...

IBM PS/2 MODEL 70 AUCTION
http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-IBM-PERSONAL-SYSTEM-2-MODEL-70-386-COMPUTER-W_W0 QQitemZ8805408543QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem NO AFFILIATION, JIM ...

Total number of manufactured IBM PS/2 models
I would like to ask if exist some chart or list of total manufactured PS/2's (for each model) ? It would be interesting to find out the most rare model nowadays to find it for collection or consider appropriate ebay auction max price on some ones. Jiri Zlamal wrote: > I would like to ask if exist some chart or list of total manufactured PS/2's (for each model) ? It would be interesting to find out the most rare model nowadays to find it for collection or consider appropriate ebay auction max price on some ones. That is difficult to say. All PS/2's out there are rare...

Auction: IBM PS/2 Model 80-041
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8766149922&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1 IBM PS/2 Model 80 Vintage http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8766149922 End time: Monday, February 20, 2006 at 7:24:47 PM Pacific Standard Time And what is your involvement with the auction? David David@IBMMuseum.com seller Too rich for my blood -- of course, I've got a *much* nicer 8580-321 sitting about 20 feet away from me that I got for *free* (I did have to pick it up, but that was a local trip, maybe 20 miles round trip). Microsoft Xenix - many years ago I used it -- tossed it -- wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Some software simply never should have been released, Xenix falls into that category. Rick Ekblaw ...

FS: IBM PS/2 Computer
For Sale: IBM PS/2 Model 90 Computer. IBM Microchannel architecture. The original plug-and-play! 486 Processor. Not sure of speed, etc. 24 Meg RAM 150 Meg SCSI Hard Drive / SCSI Microchannel card IBM Heavy Duty Keyboard CD ROM drive Assorted manuals Asking price $25.00 This is a classic workhorse system, built like a tank. Email to philz@pobox.com or call at 919 434 4966 and leave message if no answer. Phil Z On this and the 95 post, you may want to include a location, as most people are concerned as to what the shipping price would be, amount, if any, charged for a handling fee, etc. Hope this helps, Jason Whorton http://ibmps2.home.mchsi.com/model60.html "Phil" <philz@pobox.com> wrote in message news:410ae040.16626016@news-server.nc.rr.com... > For Sale: IBM PS/2 Model 90 Computer. IBM Microchannel architecture. > The original plug-and-play! > > 486 Processor. Not sure of speed, etc. > > 24 Meg RAM > > 150 Meg SCSI Hard Drive / SCSI Microchannel card > > IBM Heavy Duty Keyboard > > CD ROM drive > > Assorted manuals > > Asking price $25.00 This is a classic workhorse system, built like a > tank. > > Email to philz@pobox.com or call at 919 434 4966 and > leave message if no answer. > > Phil Z ...

FS: IBM PS/2 Computer
For Sale: IBM PS/2 Model 95 Computer (machine type 8595). IBM Microchannel architecture. The original plug-and-play! 486 Processor. 90 MHz 64 Meg RAM 2Gig Hard Drive / SCSI-2 Fast/Wide Microchannel card IBM Heavy Duty Keyboard CD ROM drive Ethernet card Currently running Win 95. Suitable for OS/2 or Win 95 / 98. Might run Win NT or 2000 also. Asking price $45.00 This is one of the systems that IBM used (and still uses although in limited cases) to run its internal servers as well as in some cases those of customers. This was THE Workhorse machine. It's rock solid, built like a tank. Email to philz@pobox.com or call at 919 434 4966 and leave message if no answer. Phil Z ...

IBM PS/2 Model 57 for sale (USA)
IBM PS/2 Model 57 for sale. Works. 2X SCSI HDD, 1X SCSI CD-ROM, 1X ED FDD. All work. Ships from FL. Big & heavy. Comes with spare parts: SIMMs, SCSI CD-ROM, 2X SCSI HDD, SIMMs, ED FDD. Not tested. It also has a M-Audio MCA card: not tested. Sold elsewhere. On Saturday, July 25, 2015 at 10:06:02 PM UTC-4, andy...@gmail.com wrote: > Sold elsewhere. How much did you sell it for. I am pricing one for a insurance claim. On Friday, October 9, 2015 at 3:33:18 PM UTC-4, scca...@gmail.com wrote: > On Saturday, July 25, 2015 at 10:06:02 PM UTC-4, andy...@gmail.com wrote: >...

IBM PS/2 Model 85 Server (9585)
I picked this up at a Local School give away. I manage to find the Reference Disk and Diagnostic's Disk and some IBM memory I had laying around. (10mbs) When I try to configure the system I get System Complex scsi error (185A) My guess is that the scsi port on the motherboard is bad or am I messing a file on the Reference Disk. In the meantime, it does have a extra scis card which I put on a scsi hard drive I had laying around, set to SCSI Id 6, but have no idea on what I need in order to format and setup the hard drive to boot with. I disabled the scsi port on the motherboard and removed the jumper on the motherboard for scsi boot to get around the system complex scsi error. I have a retail copy of OS/2 to install the os with, but having no luck getting the install to see the hard drive. (invalid drive specifications error) The system can see the scsi card and hard drive, but can't do anything with it... Any help or suggestions welcome... First, is it a 8595 (uses a processor complex) or is it a 9585 (cpu fits into a socket directly on planar)? http://ohlandl.kev009.com/9595/8595-9595.html Look at the 85 systems, do you have the -xXx version (486SX based) or _xKn / -xNx version (486DX version)? > When I try to configure the system I get System Complex scsi error (185A) Wow, this is good, 185x Adapter buffer test failure (on cached adapters) A Adapter initialization error This format suggests you ran...

Anyone Have a Complete List of IBM PS/2 Models?
Hi. Does anyone have or know of a complete list of IBM PS/2 models? I think I had a list at one time, but it must have been lost in a hard drive crash last year. No need to list variations within a model, such as 8560-041 and 8560-071. Just the Model 60 naming would be OK, but if someone has a list with variations included, that would be fine. Please make a note of any models that may be released in one country but not another. I think there were some notebooks like that, right?? Thanks for any help, Jason Whorton Jason Whorton Feb 20, 11:11 am show options Newsgroups: comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware From: "Jason Whorton" <ibm...@mchsi.com> - Find messages by this author Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 19:11:58 GMT Local: Sun, Feb 20 2005 11:11 am Subject: Anyone Have a Complete List of IBM PS/2 Models? Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Report Abuse Hi. Does anyone have or know of a complete list of IBM PS/2 models? I think I had a list at one time, but it must have been lost in a hard drive crash last year. No need to list variations within a model, such as 8560-041 and 8560-071. Just the Model 60 naming would be OK, but if someone has a list with variations included, that would be fine. Please make a note of any models that may be released in one country but not another. I think there were some notebooks like that, right?? Jason, Send me or post your e-mail addr...

Auction: IBM PS/2 Model 20MHz planar
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8704228793 in Canada -- Regards, Tim Clarke (a.k.a. WBST) ...

FS: IBM PS/2 Computer
For Sale: IBM PS/2 Model 90 Computer. IBM Microchannel architecture. The original plug-and-play! 486 Processor. Not sure of speed but I think it's a 25MHz 24 Meg RAM 150 Meg SCSI Hard Drive / SCSI Microchannel card IBM Heavy Duty Keyboard CD ROM drive Assorted manuals Asking price $25.00 This is a classic workhorse system, built like a tank. Email to philz@pobox.com or call at 919 434 4966 and leave message if no answer. Located in Apex, NC Phil Z ...

FS: IBM PS/2 Computer
For Sale: IBM PS/2 Model 90 Computer. IBM Microchannel architecture. The original plug-and-play! 486 Processor. Not sure of speed but I think it's a 25MHz 24 Meg RAM 150 Meg SCSI Hard Drive / SCSI Microchannel card IBM Heavy Duty Keyboard CD ROM drive Assorted manuals This is a classic workhorse system, built like a tank. First reasonable offer will be accepted. Please don't forget shipping charges will have to be added to your offer Email to philz@pobox.com for more information or if interested. Located in Apex, NC Phil Z ...

Auc-tion: IBM - PS/2 Model 70
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8822501196 End time: Jun-08-06 10:00:00 PDT (2 days 22 hours) Ships to: Worldwide Item location: NRW, Germany ...

Web resources about - Lost in PS/2 E Model 9533 drivers - comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware

Minnie Driver - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... as Steve Coogan and Armando Iannucci and had small parts in such shows as Casualty , The House of Eliott , Lovejoy , and Peak Practice . Driver ...

Cyclist killed by allegedly drunk driver
Man who hit cyclist near Noosa was drunk or affected by drugs, police say.

Uber driver says Uber app made him carry out Michigan killing spree
Jason Dalton's video arraignment on murder charges following a Kalamazoo shooting spree February 20. (credit: WXYZ-TV Detroit ) An Uber driver ...

Lyft drivers who don’t have a car can rent one from GM — and it’s free if they drive enough
... car ownership obsolete. Having a ride when you need it gives you one less reason to own a car. A new program from Lyft could help its drivers ...

Lyft teams up with GM on car-rental program to recruit new drivers
Short-term program will provide a free rental vehicle when drivers log at least 65 rides a week for the ride-hailing service.

Florida deputy killed after being hit by wrong way driver
BRANDON, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a Florida sheriff's deputy who worked as a traffic crash investigator was killed after his car collided ...

Instacart Cuts Driver Pay, Will Make It Up With More Deliveries Or Something
Instacart, the startup that companies like Target and Whole Foods are using to offer delivery without hiring their own fleet of drivers, has ...

The new Nvidia drivers are crashing systems... again
Remember last week when a botched Nvidia driver was causing all sorts of nasty, potentially system-destroying problems on peoples’ PCs? Well, ...

GM teams up with Lyft to offer drivers short-term rentals
... been eyeing the ride sharing economy but your car isn't up to snuff Lyft and GM have teamed up to offer short-term rentals to would-be drivers. ...

Driver Facing Murder Charge Following Fatal SUV, Motorcycle Collision in Stockton
STOCKTON — The driver of an SUV that struck and killed a 31-year-old motorcyclist Saturday afternoon is facing a murder charge, according to ...

Resources last updated: 3/15/2016 10:59:41 AM