Model "M" keyboard

I'm looking for the left shift key.  Scenario: dropped the keyboard,
keys flew off, this is the only one I haven't found.

Is it the same as the right shift key?  Isn't it actually two keys
nested, one covering the other?

Will trade for something of comparable value, such as a Windoze 95
CD-ROM.

Dan

0
Dan

Hi!

Dan, I think I have exactly what you need. I've got an "M" here with a
dead controller board. Let me see if I can find it...

William

0
wm_walsh
10/1/2005 5:03:12 PM
Hi Will!

> Dan, I think I have exactly what you need. I've got an "M" here with a
> dead controller board. Let me see if I can find it...

And I could send you the then missing key and a working controller. Or
you send me a Ctrl key for mine *g* But it has to be somewhere ...

Saskia
--
Remove ".KEIN.ROASTBEEF" from my address to send mail
0

Also, the shift key is only one key.  Which keys are two nested keys?

Dan

0
Dan
10/1/2005 9:04:23 PM
<wm_walsh@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> Dan, I think I have exactly what you need. I've got an "M" here with a
> dead controller board. Let me see if I can find it...

Save *all* keycaps before junking, and maybe even the "weight plate". You
never know when you'll need such easily storable items that aren't easy to
come by otherwise.
--

Cheers,
    Tim Clarke

0
Tim
10/1/2005 11:34:14 PM
Hi!

> Save *all* keycaps before junking, and maybe even the "weight plate". You
> never know when you'll need such easily storable items that aren't easy to
> come by otherwise.

Tim, I'm quite the packrat in some regards. Most of the junk around here is
pretty safe...I only throw away those things that are incredibly useless and
sometimes only after I've tried everything to find a home for them.

William

0
William
10/2/2005 12:50:28 AM
Dan-the K wrote:

> I'm looking for the left shift key.  Scenario: dropped the keyboard,
> keys flew off, this is the only one I haven't found.
>
> Is it the same as the right shift key?  Isn't it actually two keys
> nested, one covering the other?
>
> Will trade for something of comparable value, such as a Windoze 95
> CD-ROM.

You might want to email unicomp <http://www.pckeyboard.com> with the model
number and see what they'd charge for a replacement cap.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

Auction: IBM Model M "Clicky" Keyboard P/N 42H1292 PS2 1996
This is the clicky IBM Model M keyboard sans speaker grille that Su spoke of a long time ago. I got at least two from her when I went to Texas. They're Model Ms in every way except for the lack of a speaker hole and the different color of the LED overlay. The ones I have were made in Greenock. http://search.ebay.com/190156544758 $9.99 starting bid. PayPal account required. Ends Oct-02-2007 07:30:46 PDT (17 hours, 55 minutes). $13.95 shipping to the US only. No affiliation. William ...

IBM Model M "clicky" keyboards
Big fan! A few questions, though, none of which are answered on any of the clicky keyboard websites or Wikipedia. Alright, so you've got the classic, original models: 1390120, 1390131, 1391401, 1391403, 1391406, 1391472, and 1391506. These are all using buckling spring (clicky) technology with a detachable SDL-to-AT/PS2 cable and removable keys. They have the solid metal chassis underside construction and weigh about 5 pounds. Then you've got the next phase of models: 42H1292, 52G9700, 82G2383,and 92G7453. These are completely identical to the originals as far as I c...

"""""""""ADD ME""""""""""

Hello Partners, Please find the requirement below. Please send the updated resume along with rate and contact no. REQ#1: Title : Java Developer ( Rating Project) Duration : 6 months Rate : open Location : NY strong java, WebLogic 9.2, Web Services, Oracle REQ#2: Title : Java Developer Duration : 4 months Rate : open Location : NY Strong java, SQL REQ#3: Title : VB.Net Consultant Location : NY Duration : 4 months Rate : open Primarily looking at someone who has Excel, VB.net and Oracle (good to have). Req #4: Title : Java Developer (MSA Project) Duration : 6+ months Rate : open Location : NY Note : Please send your updated resume along with contact no karthik@bhaninfo.com : No phone calls please. Thanks & Regards Karthik BhanInfo karthik@bhaninfo.com ...

Model "M" keyboard sighting
Thursday night, I paid a visit to the ER of a local hospital. I had a scratched cornea. As I was registering, I saw a Model "M" keyboard - grey and white keys, in the registration office. Distinctive. It was near a printer. There was another one on another table. No computers in sight, though. I don't think there were any monitors, either. Can you run a print server off a keyboard with no computer and no monitor??? Dan Dan the K wrote: > Can > you run a print server off a keyboard with no computer and no > monitor??? no! unless the computer is in the model M which i doubt! even print servers are in fact computers. the *BOX* is out there !:-) > > Dan > -- ----- [ CHEERS...... ] ------ *PS/2* \\\\\// *I DID IT* | | *MY WAY* (.) (.) ==============oOO==(_)==OOo== Maybe it was a fax machine. It just seems odd to have keyboards scattered around, especially our beloved "M". I might have to make a visit to this ER now that I can see better. Dan Dan the K wrote: > Thursday night, I paid a visit to the ER of a local hospital. I had a > scratched cornea. As I was registering, I saw a Model "M" keyboard - > grey and white keys, in the registration office. Distinctive. It was > near a printer. There was another one on another table. No computers > in sight, though. I don't think there were any monitors, eithe...

"/a" is not "/a" ?

about "++" and "--"

"out" and "in out"

"Escher" models (was "Modelling Exercise")
Following Heikki's "Modelling Exercise", I made some more "impossible geometry" models They're on http://www.dynabits.com/gallery/escher.htm The "strange hex nut" is very simple to model once you get the idea from someone else... The "Penrose Triangle" is IMHO very challenging. Took me a long time to model something far from perfect... Can anyone make it simpler and better ? This gave me an idea for an enhancement request (or an add-in...) : add a way do draw and constrain sketches in view coordinates, for example to draw a triangle that looks e...

"If then; if then;" and "If then; if;"

"or" and "and"

"my" and "our"

why "::", not "."

A problem about "[ ]" "( )" "="

"In" "Out" and "Trash"

=Iff(([Me]![Gender])="M","Male","Female")
Thanks in Advance! ... I have two textboxes: 1 is visible (and gets its value based on the invisible textbox and displays either "Male" or "Female", and needs to display either male of female based on the value that comes up in the tables record as "M" or "F". I tried: =Iff(([Me]![Gender])="M","Male","Female") 'the [Me] is form, [Gender] is the textbox name and this does not work. Is my syntax wrong or can I just have one box and its displayed value display "Female" if the record says "F"? ...

Emacs + german keyboard: "Alt-Gr"+"\" gets decoded as M-\237
Hi, anyone an idea? It should produce a backslash. I even can't produce an "@". Herzliche Gr�sse, Christoph -- Die Nichtexistenz eines Beweises ist kein Beweis f�r die Nichtexistenz. ...

Is it possible to distinguish the "." key from numeric keyboard and the "." from the keyboard itself?
Is it possible to distinguish the "." key from numeric keyboard and the "." from the keyboard itself? The inkey returns for both of them the same value when the writing language is English but when we are writing in another language (that supports "," as decimal separator) the "." key from numeric keyboard returns ",". What we want is when we use inkey to be possible to distinguish this 2 keys so it will be possible to translate the "." key from the numeric keyboard to returns always a dot. Under Dos it returns always "." on...

Hello Partners, How are you ? Please find the requirement below. Location : NY Duration : 8 mnths Rate :Open Job description: Java/J2EE Web Service Developer =B7 (4+ years of application development experience in Java/J2EE and Web service technologies. =B7 Experience with spring & Hibernate. =B7 Experience with J2EE Application Server (preferably Web logic). =B7 Preferable Aqua logic DSP Experience =B7 Preferable Sonic ESB Composite Service experience Experience w...

Creating "Bus Creator" & "Model Info" block using m-script !
Hi All, Can anyone please suggest me how to create "Bus Creator" & "Model Info" block using m-script ? I am trying this: add_block('built-in/Bus Creator','mysys/Outputs_Bus'); but getting following error:: ??? There is no block named 'built-in/Bus Creator'. Same error I am getting while adding "Model Info" block. Also I would like to update the "Model Info" block using m-script. Thanks & Regards R. The block type is BusCreator (without the space) so you need >> add_block('built-in/BusCreator'...

Web resources about - Model "M" keyboard - comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware