f



Moving out.

Hey all of you out there who might be interested in keeping my crappy little
computer collection alive...
Next year, I'm going off to college. This realization brought a few ideas
into my head.

1) I'm only going to be able to take 1 or maybe 2 computers to college.

2) I'm going to be cleaning a lot of stuff out of my parent's basement.

I've already got a workstation ready for college, except for a few possible
upgrades. However, I'd like to try and give out as much of my PC collection
as possible, with the hopes of building a standalone server to keep with me
from my current Server 325 shell. I've got until this coming spring to get
rid of my collection, as the kirksville spring cleaning will be collecting
all of my extra computers still leftover here.

So, here's a list of what I have that needs to be moved out:

    3 scsi enclosures (7204-010, 2* 7204-011)

    IBM 8580-111, Kingston MCMaster upgrade, 486-66 dx2, 10mb ram, 8port
Comtrol serial card (used to be Truman state University's dial up server),
might have win95. ESDI hdd 100ish mb? fairly new battery, tape drive, fdd

    IBM PS/Valuepoint 433SX/Si, 8mb ram, PCDos, Win3.1, 8xCdrom I know works
but haven't bothered getting dos drivers for.

    IBM 7248-132 PPC RS/6000 133mhz PPC, 32mb ram, 2gb hdd, Windows NT 4.0
Server install currently functioning. It has a video upgrade, but I don't
have a monitor to support it.

    IBM Portable PC, XT with Orange screen, keyboard. 3mb hdd, 5 1/2 inch
floppy, low density. Needs boot disk, best is Dos 4.0, various option cards.

    IBM Server 320, PPro 200, no ram, no other options. Complete case w/
mboard/ processor

    IBM Server 325 motherboard, 1*PPro 200, 1*processor board. DISCLAIMER: I
believe the bios on this mboard needs to be wiped, but I can't do that here.
I tried to use an eisa config disk to config the system without the
necessary bios upgrades, and so I cannot boot the machine now. I'm looking
to get rid of the processor board, as I don't need it for the server I want
to take to college with me.

    IBM hdd, PN 72x7568, I think its for a mod30
    IBM hdd, PN 6128260 120mb, I think its for a mod50
    IBM hdd, PN 6128294 60mb, I think its for a mod50

    HP4200C scanner, unknown condition, I haven't been able to  get Windows
2k3 to recognize usb scanners yet.

    Montgomery Ward Airline AM/FM/ stereo 8track player. I've been using
this for sound recently, but its kinda large and I'll be taking a small pair
of speakers or maybe only headphones to college.

    2 NEC 8ohm speakers to go with the 8track, they're about 1ft tall, 4inch
by 4inch base

    Hitachi based cdrom changer. TCDR 3004, SCSI 37pin external? It looks
like a giant D shaped serial cable plug. I was hoping to install 4 scsi
cdburners, but I'm content with my burner I'm keeping, so this box is out
for the pickings. They current cdroms in it need carriages/ cd holders, but
I'd bet they're replaceable with just about any scsi cdrom.

Clicky IBM keyboard
2 ibm mice

Also, various internal cabling, I'll list if you want to know.


So, here's what I'm looking for/trying to build:

working IBM Server 325 Motherboard, EISA/PCI
working Server 325 processor board with Dual PII sockets
256mb dimms, up to 4 of them
an IDE card w/bios

I've got dual 333 PIIs already
I've got the 325 case + ps already
I'll pick up a USB2.0 card @ walmart
I'm going to try and make this machine into a file/web/ftp/print/rdesk
server for college and when I move out. Right now my personal webpage is run
off my workstation as well as most file/print serving. Not exactly
efficient, especially on internet games.

Post if you've got something I need/what you'd like to have for it. Also, If
there's anything listed above you'd like to have for some monetary funding,
I'm always open for that sense of business, but I'd rather get my server
going.


Also, William, I've got the majority of those network cards packed up for
you, but I have to get a ride to the post office /ups as I'm currently
carless.

Richard Allen


0
Richard
11/19/2004 2:08:24 AM
comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware 10363 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

17 Replies
861 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 59

Hi!

> Also, William, I've got the majority of those network cards packed up for
> you, but I have to get a ride to the post office /ups as I'm currently
> carless.

You wanna throw that 486DX2 MCMaster card in with those NICs? What value do
you assign to it? Please e-mail me and let me know.

William


0
William
11/19/2004 3:45:23 AM
Hi Richard,
> IBM Server 320, PPro 200, no ram, no other options. Complete
> case w/ mboard/ processor
     This should be a Socket 5 Pentium (up to 133MHz, depending). EISA or 
MCA flavors too. Both are dual CPU capable.

> IBM Server 325 motherboard, 1*PPro 200, 1*processor board.
> DISCLAIMER: I believe the bios on this mboard needs to be wiped,
> but I can't do that here. I tried to use an eisa config disk to config the
> system without the necessary bios upgrades, and so I cannot boot the
> machine now. I'm looking to get rid of the processor board, as I don't
> need it for the server I want to take to college with me.
> ...So, here's what I'm looking for/trying to build:
> working IBM Server 325 Motherboard, EISA/PCI working Server
> 325 processor board with Dual PII sockets, 256mb dimms, up to 4
> of them, an IDE card w/bios
> I've got dual 333 PIIs already
> I've got the 325 case + ps already
     I have the PII board (not the planar) for you, with VRMs, no CPUs. 
Still trying to get RAM for myself (glad the auction I "didn't give the 
other guy a chance of winning" went as low as it did. The "other guy" got 
the second pair of 256Mb DIMMs for $175). Why do you want to run IDE?
                          David
                          David@IBMMuseum.com 


0
David
11/19/2004 3:58:43 AM
I'm currently looking to trade for Server 325 parts. I'll sell out later on
if I can't trade for anything.


0
Richard
11/19/2004 4:04:15 AM
Richard!

I would be very interested in giving a home to some of your equipment. 
Particularly *maybe* the RS/6000 and those Model 50 hard drives.  I sent 
you an email.

Anyone can speak up now and tell me if I'm crazy for thinking of playing 
with an RS/6000.  :)  I'd like to run Gentoo linux on it...would this 
thing run linux?

--Daniel

Richard Allen wrote:
> Hey all of you out there who might be interested in keeping my crappy little
> computer collection alive...
> Next year, I'm going off to college. This realization brought a few ideas
> into my head.
> 
> 1) I'm only going to be able to take 1 or maybe 2 computers to college.
> 
> 2) I'm going to be cleaning a lot of stuff out of my parent's basement.
> 
> I've already got a workstation ready for college, except for a few possible
> upgrades. However, I'd like to try and give out as much of my PC collection
> as possible, with the hopes of building a standalone server to keep with me
> from my current Server 325 shell. I've got until this coming spring to get
> rid of my collection, as the kirksville spring cleaning will be collecting
> all of my extra computers still leftover here.
> 
> So, here's a list of what I have that needs to be moved out:
> 
>     3 scsi enclosures (7204-010, 2* 7204-011)
> 
>     IBM 8580-111, Kingston MCMaster upgrade, 486-66 dx2, 10mb ram, 8port
> Comtrol serial card (used to be Truman state University's dial up server),
> might have win95. ESDI hdd 100ish mb? fairly new battery, tape drive, fdd
> 
>     IBM PS/Valuepoint 433SX/Si, 8mb ram, PCDos, Win3.1, 8xCdrom I know works
> but haven't bothered getting dos drivers for.
> 
>     IBM 7248-132 PPC RS/6000 133mhz PPC, 32mb ram, 2gb hdd, Windows NT 4.0
> Server install currently functioning. It has a video upgrade, but I don't
> have a monitor to support it.
> 
>     IBM Portable PC, XT with Orange screen, keyboard. 3mb hdd, 5 1/2 inch
> floppy, low density. Needs boot disk, best is Dos 4.0, various option cards.
> 
>     IBM Server 320, PPro 200, no ram, no other options. Complete case w/
> mboard/ processor
> 
>     IBM Server 325 motherboard, 1*PPro 200, 1*processor board. DISCLAIMER: I
> believe the bios on this mboard needs to be wiped, but I can't do that here.
> I tried to use an eisa config disk to config the system without the
> necessary bios upgrades, and so I cannot boot the machine now. I'm looking
> to get rid of the processor board, as I don't need it for the server I want
> to take to college with me.
> 
>     IBM hdd, PN 72x7568, I think its for a mod30
>     IBM hdd, PN 6128260 120mb, I think its for a mod50
>     IBM hdd, PN 6128294 60mb, I think its for a mod50
> 
>     HP4200C scanner, unknown condition, I haven't been able to  get Windows
> 2k3 to recognize usb scanners yet.
> 
>     Montgomery Ward Airline AM/FM/ stereo 8track player. I've been using
> this for sound recently, but its kinda large and I'll be taking a small pair
> of speakers or maybe only headphones to college.
> 
>     2 NEC 8ohm speakers to go with the 8track, they're about 1ft tall, 4inch
> by 4inch base
> 
>     Hitachi based cdrom changer. TCDR 3004, SCSI 37pin external? It looks
> like a giant D shaped serial cable plug. I was hoping to install 4 scsi
> cdburners, but I'm content with my burner I'm keeping, so this box is out
> for the pickings. They current cdroms in it need carriages/ cd holders, but
> I'd bet they're replaceable with just about any scsi cdrom.
> 
> Clicky IBM keyboard
> 2 ibm mice
> 
> Also, various internal cabling, I'll list if you want to know.
> 
> 
> So, here's what I'm looking for/trying to build:
> 
> working IBM Server 325 Motherboard, EISA/PCI
> working Server 325 processor board with Dual PII sockets
> 256mb dimms, up to 4 of them
> an IDE card w/bios
> 
> I've got dual 333 PIIs already
> I've got the 325 case + ps already
> I'll pick up a USB2.0 card @ walmart
> I'm going to try and make this machine into a file/web/ftp/print/rdesk
> server for college and when I move out. Right now my personal webpage is run
> off my workstation as well as most file/print serving. Not exactly
> efficient, especially on internet games.
> 
> Post if you've got something I need/what you'd like to have for it. Also, If
> there's anything listed above you'd like to have for some monetary funding,
> I'm always open for that sense of business, but I'd rather get my server
> going.
> 
> 
> Also, William, I've got the majority of those network cards packed up for
> you, but I have to get a ride to the post office /ups as I'm currently
> carless.
> 
> Richard Allen
> 
> 
0
Daniel
11/19/2004 4:23:46 AM
the 320 is PCI/Isa, PPro I believe but am not sure of. It is socket 8. I
want ide b/c thats how most of my hdds are. and If I can fit 4 of them into
a 325, boot off 1, raid-0 the other 3, cdrom on scsi, burner on scsi, it
should be pretty fast


0
Richard
11/19/2004 4:59:08 AM
Also,
I have a microtek v310 epp scanner, and a 16 port IBM 8238
Hub/Switch/Chain/Dinglehopper for Token Ring


0
Richard
11/19/2004 5:08:59 AM
I would say, not crazy at all. I got a linux boot disk to run on my RS/6000,
but thats as far as I bothered as I try to run a single-os based network.
Right now its all windows server 2003. (yep, xp without the suck)


0
Richard
11/19/2004 5:10:38 AM
Also,
I have an original Windows NT 4.0 hardcover book, by the microsoft press
about how to run NT networks and the like, if anyone's interested


0
Richard
11/19/2004 5:11:22 AM
> 
> Anyone can speak up now and tell me if I'm crazy for thinking of playing 
> with an RS/6000.

Always a good idea learning something about machines even better than PS/2.

> I'd like to run Gentoo linux on it...would this 
> thing run linux?

Yes, incl. X11.
It's a little tricky to install.

But you'll probably want much more RAM for running a modern desktop 
environment. AFAIR the 7248 takes up to 192 MB RAM (6 x 32MB FPM, 36bit)


-- 


Uli

(Reply to ulrich <dot> link <domain-delimiter> epost <dot> de)
0
Uli
11/19/2004 7:15:22 AM
Le Fri, 19 Nov 2004 04:23:46 +0000, Daniel Hamilton a �crit�:

> Richard!
> 
> I would be very interested in giving a home to some of your equipment. 
> Particularly *maybe* the RS/6000 and those Model 50 hard drives.  I sent 
> you an email.
> 
> Anyone can speak up now and tell me if I'm crazy for thinking of playing 
> with an RS/6000.  :)  I'd like to run Gentoo linux on it...would this 
> thing run linux?
> 
> --Daniel

I'm interested by these remarks about Linux on RS6ks. I've got a 42t
(7006), with a GLX500 Graphics adapter, 1.4GB HDD and 256MB RAM. Is there
any chance to install a Linux ? Which Distribution? I know it will be
tricky, but I may give a try :)...as soon as I Can get a IBM 13w3 to VGA
adapter, which seems even trickier to find.
0
Modano
11/19/2004 12:12:04 PM
Why don't you get a 13W3 to HDD15 cable on ebay for about $15?

Modano wrote:

> Le Fri, 19 Nov 2004 04:23:46 +0000, Daniel Hamilton a �crit :
> 
> 
>>Richard!
>>
>>I would be very interested in giving a home to some of your equipment. 
>>Particularly *maybe* the RS/6000 and those Model 50 hard drives.  I sent 
>>you an email.
>>
>>Anyone can speak up now and tell me if I'm crazy for thinking of playing 
>>with an RS/6000.  :)  I'd like to run Gentoo linux on it...would this 
>>thing run linux?
>>
>>--Daniel
>>
> 
> I'm interested by these remarks about Linux on RS6ks. I've got a 42t
> (7006), with a GLX500 Graphics adapter, 1.4GB HDD and 256MB RAM. Is there
> any chance to install a Linux ? Which Distribution? I know it will be
> tricky, but I may give a try :)...as soon as I Can get a IBM 13w3 to VGA
> adapter, which seems even trickier to find.
> 

0
Louis
11/19/2004 12:27:38 PM
Le Fri, 19 Nov 2004 12:27:38 +0000, Louis Ohland a �crit�:

> Why don't you get a 13W3 to HDD15 cable on ebay for about $15?
> 
It seems that there are almost only SGI/Sun cables, which, iirc, have
different pinouts than IBM adapters. Unless they have dip switchs on it,
I'm afraid to get disapointed once the adapter on my 42t :/ I saw a brand
new one for about 60� (78 US$) ://
0
Modano
11/19/2004 1:24:56 PM
> I'm interested by these remarks about Linux on RS6ks. I've got a 42t
> (7006), with a GLX500 Graphics adapter, 1.4GB HDD and 256MB RAM. Is there
> any chance to install a Linux ? Which Distribution? I know it will be
> tricky, but I may give a try :)...as soon as I Can get a IBM 13w3 to VGA
> adapter, which seems even trickier to find.

First the good news:
You can save the money for a 13w3 to VGA adapter if you want to run 
Linux on a 7006 with a GXT500 graphics card. The graphics card is not 
supported by any X server on linux, nor as character console.

Now for the bad news:
Linux cannot initialize Microchannel on PowerPC, the bus configuration 
is different from the PS/2 Microchannel machines.
Linux won't run, as there is no documentation how to interact with the 
machines firmware and to configure the bus' devices.
Only a kernel in a RAM disk without even a console is little boring ;-)
Same with NetBSD/OpenBSD, no Chance.

Stay with AIX 4.1.5 through 4.3.3 and be happy. It's a very nice 
machine. AIX 5.1 works, but is rather slow.

With a SUN 13w3 adapter *and* the correct switch settings on the GXT500 
you can get 1280x1024@60Hz/TrueColour
Higher refresh rates only with correct cable/adapter.

-- 


Uli

(Reply to ulrich <dot> link <domain-delimiter> epost <dot> de)
0
Uli
11/19/2004 2:31:35 PM
Hi Richard,
> the 320 is PCI/Isa, PPro I believe but am not sure of. 
> It is socket 8...
      Doesn't sound original, but there were some other Micronics boards 
that may have been used (one is a large 486/POD EISA). I'd be interested 
in the layout & any IBM tags if so. Of course any AT clone motherboard 
(even full-sized) can go in the EISA/PCI 320 case (even cooler to put it 
in an EISA/PCI 520 case).

> I want ide b/c thats how most of my hdds are. and If I can 
> fit 4 of them into a 325, boot off 1, raid-0 the other 3,
> cdrom on scsi, burner on scsi, it should be pretty fast
      That could all be done from a SCSI RAID controller too, probably 
with better performance. Maybe the only thing is the extremely large IDE 
drives that are lower cost by comparision. Does the 325 have RAID SCSI 
built in like the 330?
                   David
                   David@IBMMuseum.com
0
David
11/19/2004 8:43:07 PM
It has a SCSI controller, not sure about raid


0
Richard
11/19/2004 10:29:48 PM
Correction: Server 315, ppro 200 mhz


0
Richard
11/19/2004 10:39:34 PM
>Subject: Re: Moving out.
>From: "Richard Allen" fishjumphigh@hotmail.com 
>Date: 11/19/04 0:11 AM EST
>Message-id: <10pr03llbaisv08@corp.supernews.com>
>
>Also,
>I have an original Windows NT 4.0 hardcover book, by the microsoft press
>about how to run NT networks and the like, if anyone's interested

Richard, 


What is the exact title, author, version no., publication date?  Is is Windows
NT Server or Worksation?

I'm deeply immersed in NT and am learning a lot about it.  It's my main OS and
NOS.  I would love additional good references.

Thanks,

Dan
0
kaliushkin
11/21/2004 3:29:20 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:


Auction: Vintage IBM PS2 PC Hardware Maintenance Manual Models 25
<http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-IBM-PS2-PC-Hardware-Maintenance-Manual_W0QQitemZ270078671271QQihZ017QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> End time: Jan-18-07 17:11:07 PST These are good for quick service to the systems. I am electric, electric eye... ...

Auction: IBM PS2 PS/2 Vintage Server Collectible sys 8595-0KF (William!! It's a xKx!!!)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270237772168 Starting bid: US $59.00 End time: May-22-08 09:23:51 PDT (6 days 19 hours) Ships to: Worldwide Item location: Holliston/Boston, MA, United States You are bidding on a IBM PS2 PS/2 Vintage Server Collectible sys 8595-0KF. This has been test and in working condition. This is not really intended to be used as a computer, rather a collectible piece of IBM history. Unit IS WORKING, and cosmetically in great shape It has a 1.44 floppy and NO Hard drive and would require very specific ones if you were to go the route. (IBM older SCSI- example 85F0011, 85F0012) Proc is a 486 DX-33 FRU 64F0198 Has Internal/Ext SCSI Controller w/ Cache FRU# 85F0063 Has 8MB of RAM Has an XGA Monitor Card and requires XGA IBM Monitors System Board we believe to be FRU 33F5717 Power Supply we believe to be 92F0051 No Keyboard or Mouse. No affiliation -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com I'm looking for a 95*85*-xKx/xNx. But you should have seen how my heart skipped a beat! Thanks for pointing it out. :-) The shipping's not too far off, so if it ends without a bidder, I will probably ask about it. William "William R. Walsh" <newsgroups1@idontwantjunqueemail.walshcomptech.com> schreef in b...

IBM Hardware
Elarasys, Inc a leading reseller of pre-owned IBM p5, pSeries, and TotalStorage hardware has a sale on the below systems. p615 7029-6C3 1-Way 1.2GHz, 1GB Memory, 36.4GB 10K Disk Drive, DVD, Rails&Power Cord $2,100.00 7044-170 400MHz, 1GB Memory, 2 x 18.2GB 10K Disk Drives, CD-ROM, 20/40GB 8mm Tape Drive, GXT4500P, K&M $675.00 p640 7026-B80 2-Way 375MHz/8MB, 1GB Memory, 18.2GB 10K Drive, CD-ROM, Rails&Power Cord $850.00 We can a complete line of IBM p5, pSeries and TotalStorage hardware if you are looking for something not listed above or would like a different configuration p...

sys.ps2
when I type sys.ps2 after import sys, I got the message like: Traceback (most recent call last): File "<pyshell#10>", line 1, in -toplevel- sys.ps2 AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'ps2' why does it happen? You should be in interactive mode to see those, otherwise you get the error ...

IBM Hardware
Is and always was, of better quality than Apple. In article <M2q1g.4309$Kn4.4058@bignews2.bellsouth.net>, "zara" <zspook@aol.com> wrote: > Is and always was, of better quality than Apple. Zzzzzz..... In article <M2q1g.4309$Kn4.4058@bignews2.bellsouth.net>, "zara" <zspook@aol.com> wrote: > Is and always was, of better quality than Apple. Then what happened to OS/2? It should be up to Warp 7 by now. -- Microsoft and Windoze: The combination that made computing dangerous. Apple and OS X: The combination that made computing insanely ...

Can we do a alter sys index rebuild and alter sys table move?
Deal group, We are running Oracle 10.2.0.4 on linux. Because an application problem, our aud$ table goes way too big, 20G. That caused our system tablespace to 25G So we moved aud$ out of system tablespace. But we cannot shrink the system tablespace datafile becuase there are afew indexes belonging to sys and one table at the high level of datafile. I opened an TAR with Oracle, Oracle suggests me to do an export/ import, that is not possible I am so attempted to do alter index sys.xx rebuild tablespace users; shrink the datafile and rebuild it back. I tried to do it in a ...

[News] IBM and IBM VP Moves Beyond Windows and to GNU/Linux
Life after Windows, Day 1 ,----[ Quote ] | This last weekend I wiped the second half of the laptop hard drive and | installed the IBM internal Open Client for Linux. It has everything I need | for work: Lotus Notes, Lotus Symphony, Lotus SameTime, and a couple of ways | to get through the firewall. The Windows partition remains on the machine, | for now, but I plan to live on the Red Hat Linux client as best I can (see | below). `---- http://www.sutor.com/newsite/blog-open/?p=2105 IBM fills PCs with eastern promise ,----[ Quote ] | Microsoft has long been striving for some love f...

Can we do a alter sys index rebuild and alter sys table move?
Deal group, We are running Oracle 10.2.0.4 on linux. Because an application problem, our aud$ table goes way too big, 20G. That caused our system tablespace to 25G So we moved aud$ out of system tablespace. But we cannot shrink the system tablespace datafile becuase there are afew indexes belonging to sys and one table at the high level of datafile. I opened an TAR with Oracle, Oracle suggests me to do an export/ import, that is not possible I am so attempted to do alter index sys.xx rebuild tablespace users; shrink the datafile and rebuild it back. I tried to do it in a ...

[auction US] IBM MICROCHANNEL 1200-2400BPS MODEM FOR IBM PS2 SYSTEMS
Beware! The seller doesn't seem to care much about which card you'll be getting! >http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120086889786&ss PageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=002< Regards, Alvin. ...

Auc-tion: IBM MICROCHANNEL 1200-2400BPS MODEM FOR IBM PS2 SYSTEMS
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120064993053 End time: Dec-21-06 00:32:30 PST (4 days 11 hours) Ships to: Worldwide Item location: BERTONE MOTORS, CINCINNATI, OHIO, United States No affiliation "picture may not be actual item exactly; but is of and will be a PS2 microchannel modem; picture may not be exact card, I have several to sell and they are not the same, specs are within that stated" -- Jelte ...

Auctions (2): Three IBM PS2 Graphics Adapters 8514/A *AND* IBM MicroChannel 4869 External 5-1/4" Disk Drive (360K)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270123874305 Starting bid: US $0.99 End time: May-31-07 16:43:43 PDT (6 days 3 hours) Ships to: United States Item location: Surprise, Arizona, United States IBM PS/2 MicroChannel CAD Workstation Graphics Cards Model 8514/A listing is for a quantity of three shipped for a single price Also by same seller : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270123854097 Starting bid: US $0.99 End time: May-31-07 15:51:52 PDT (6 days 3 hours) Includes the drive sled, the MCA adapter card and ribbon cables for inside the box (as shown in the picture). No affiliation PS William, WCT is mentioned in both auctions. -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com ...

Moving sys.aud$
Hello, I have inherited the maintenance of an Oracle 8.17 system with Auditing enabled. I have found that the sys.aud$ table is in the SYSTEM Tablespace and have been given a directive to move it out of SYSTEM. I am thinking that I should move the sys.aud$ table to a dedicated tablespace. 1. How can I move this table to another Tablespace. 2. Are there any special concerns in moving this table and\or auditing mechinisms? Thanks for your advice, Cal "Michael" <melliott42@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:91721cf.0407061727.19c3a2b4@posting.google.com... > Hello, > &...

IBM PS2 8530
Hello everyone I have Ibm ps2 8530 i8086 (8mhz i think?) and my problem is hard drive. Hard drive is dead! I do not know what to do, I can not find another to replace it. What should I do, whether it can build up a larger and newer disk? My old drive is: WDI 325Q 72x7568 Please help! Thanks "Nano" <adriano.uvodic@st.t-com.hr> wrote in message news:j9im4c$7nk$1@ss408.t-com.hr... > I have Ibm ps2 8530 i8086 (8mhz i think?) and my problem is hard drive. > Hard drive is dead! > I do not know what to do, I can not find another to replace it. > What should I do If you cannot afford to buy a new HD you must seek a free used drive through local computer clubs. (Supposing your PC runs at 8 MHz suggests you are not currently a member of such a club.) -- Don Phillipson Carlsbad Springs (Ottawa, Canada) First, location, location, location.... Where are you? City/State or province... Tried ebuy? On 11/11/2011 02:24 AM, Nano wrote: > Hello everyone > > I have Ibm ps2 8530 i8086 (8mhz i think?) and my problem is hard drive. > Hard drive is dead! > I do not know what to do, I can not find another to replace it. > What should I do, whether it can build up a larger and newer disk? > My old drive is: > WDI 325Q > 72x7568 > Please help! > Thanks > > Wow, those ebuy prices are... enthusiastic. Chances are that some of us have spares, but... where are you?...

move pagefile.sys
Hi Please could somebody advise me if it is possible to move the pagefile to the front of the drive in WIN -XP -H ? MTIA Steve Steve J wrote: > Please could somebody advise me if it is possible to move the pagefile to > the front of the drive in WIN -XP -H ? I've no idea. Wouldn't you be better asking in a Microsoft newsgroup? Dave -- Faculty of Divinity, University of Cambridge West Road, Cambridge, CB3 9BS http://www.cus.cam.ac.uk/~djg39/ ...

Moving to different hardware
Hi all, I would like to know what are the risks/problems in moving a basic Redhat 8.0 installation (running firewall + Postfix) onto a different hardware, that is a new motherboard and a new network card. In other words, I need to move the hard disk onto a new different system and I would like to know the problems I can have when booting up. Thanks in advance. Markus wrote: > I would like to know what are the risks/problems in moving a basic > Redhat 8.0 installation (running firewall + Postfix) onto a different > hardware, that is a new motherboard and a new network card. In other > words, I need to move the hard disk onto a new different system and I > would like to know the problems I can have when booting up .... it can work flawlessly or it could be a crap shoot. at the very least, investigate the hardware you're gonna run and see if there is going to be issues. heck, you might even try it .. -- /// Michael J. Tobler: motorcyclist, surfer, skydiver, \\\ \\\ and author: "Inside Linux", "C++ HowTo", "C++ Unleashed" /// ...

IBM to move to Linux desktop.
Well, it's one thing to have Linux on my desktop just because I find it nice to use, but it's another thing entirely to see a company the size of IBM making the switch. http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=13485 Hope it all goes smoothly. Congrats everyone. I'm curious to know which desktop environment they will use. I dream of IBM surprising the world by releasing a full-featured, well-engineering, and well-implemented desktop that is head over heels better than Gnome. KDE is not an option with corporations. Even in my academic world, we had to abandon development of a QT prog...

How to fixed and Moving data for move along moving picture
Hello,=20 I have some question to ask you. I have 2 picture that its have the = other data reference them. Then, I would like to fixed one picture and move= another to overlay it that I used Fixed=3DPicture1; and Moved=3DPicture2; = but the other data in other file that reference by them not move follow pic= ture. How should I do for fixed and move them follow the picture? Thanks. Aris Break ...

Move sys.aud$ -- response
on 07/06/2004, at 8:27 PM CDT, Michael wrote: > Hello, > > I have inherited the maintenance of an Oracle 8.17 system with > Auditing enabled. I have found that the sys.aud$ table is in the > SYSTEM Tablespace and have been given a directive to move it out of > SYSTEM. I am thinking that I should move the sys.aud$ table to a > dedicated tablespace. > > 1. How can I move this table to another Tablespace. > 2. Are there any special concerns in moving this table and\or auditing > mechinisms? > > Thanks for your advice, > > Cal Do this: SVRMGR> c...

Lots of PS2 hardware for sale
For instance: Model 9595-ALG with Pentium 60 CPU card Model 77i Lots of of MCA card e.g. Etherlink III MCA Etherlink/MC 32 various token Other adapters Look at http://picasaweb.google.nl/debink/PS2Hardware for pictures Make a nice offer and it's yours Located in the Netherlands near Amsterdam Three can Spock, a 3c529-TP, a DDS-2 drive, a 3c527, an Auto TR 16/4, an H complex. How many "other adapters"? BTW, I'm across the pond. I am NOT jetting over to pick it up... debink@gmail.com wrote: > For instance: > > Model 9595-ALG with Pentium 60 CPU card > Model 77i > Lots of of MCA card > e.g. Etherlink III MCA > Etherlink/MC 32 > various token > Other adapters > > Look at http://picasaweb.google.nl/debink/PS2Hardware > for pictures > > Make a nice offer and it's yours > > Located in the Netherlands near Amsterdam ...

Moving from the IBM mainframe to Linux
Currently, we have a large amount of COBOL code that runs on an IBM main frame under MVS. We would like to get that code running under Linux. We are considering using the Micro Focus COBOL compiler. Is that a good choice? Robert Sherry In article <sYydnQLwG5r4uVbfRVn-tA@comcast.com>, "Robert Sherry" <rsherry8@comcast.net> wrote: > Currently, we have a large amount of COBOL code that runs on an IBM main > frame under MVS. We would like to get that code running under Linux. We are > considering using the Micro Focus COBOL compiler. Is that a go...

Moving hardware to a new server
Hi, I am hoping to get some advice on the following scenario; We have an old unnamed server running SCO Open Server 5 on a Pentium Pro motherboard. This motherboard has now failed, can we move all hardware eg hard drives, Raid array, LAN card, video card and Stallion card to a completely new server? It's been a few years since I had to support SCO, but never really got in to this mess before. There is a certain programe installed and parameters set which of course nobody knows anything about, go figure. Asked what the DR was and they said this is is it, in other words I am flying blind, ...

IBM PS2 notebook N51sx
I am looking for an old N51 sx, for replace pieces. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3459519884&category=40177 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3460978409&category=42202 CT the Provider (?) ...

IBM PS2 FAQ anyone?
http://www.computercraft.com/docs/ps2htm.shtml no affiliation Moussa -- The information contained in this post is copyright of the poster, and may not be published or used by others. Hi Moussa, > http://www.computercraft.com/docs/ps2htm.shtml > is V4.0 here is V5.5a http://ps-2.kev009.com:8081/ohlandl/FAQ/FAQ_55a.html -- Jelte, Admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki On Sun, 1 May 2011 10:23:17 +0200, JWR wrote: > Hi Moussa, > >> http://www.computercraft.com/docs/ps2htm.shtml >> > > is V4.0 > > here is V5.5a > http://ps-2.kev009.com:8081/ohlandl/FAQ/FAQ_55a.html too sexy to expose it on the net/NG maybe once a month? :-) or Louis 2 strict ?!:-) Moussa -- The information contained in this post is copyright of the poster, and may not be published or used by others. ...

What are files Z80.SYS, Z80CCP.SYS and PRMTVPVT.SYS for?
Had a good Christmas this weekend? I came across diskettes with "Mailmerge 3.0 and Calcstar version 1.45 for CP/M 8080", that seem to be for a Dec Rainbow machine. Besides a Mailmerge overlay and the Calcstar files, some CP/M and some CP/M-86 files, there are three files on the diskettes that I never have heard of before: Z80.SYS, Z80CCP.SYS and PRMTVPVT.SYS. There are no ASCII texts in PRMTVPVT.SYS. The only ASCII text in Z80.SYS (at the end of the file) is "EI SPHLDI XCHGPCHLXTHLRET HLT CMC STC CMA DAA RAR RAL RRC RLC NOP CPI ORI XRI ANI SBI IN SUI OUT ACI ADI CALLJMP LDA...

Does move actually move?
If I remember correctly, when you move a file in msdos (ver 6.22) it copies the file to the new dir and then deletes it. However, if you move a file in W98/XP by using windows explorer, it doesn't really move it like old dos would; the directory entry or FAT is simply updated. This is much safer, faster, and doesn't fail if you don't have enough space for two copies at the same time. With XP, does moving a file at the command line with 4dos differ than moving it with 4nt? I think 4dos copies/deletes and 4nt updates the FAT. Can anyone verify this? Anthony D&...

Web resources about - Moving out. - comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware

Moving magnet and conductor problem - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The moving magnet and conductor problem is a famous thought experiment , originating in the 19th century, concerning the intersection of classical ...

Facebook Begins Moving Into New NYC Office
... new office at 770 Broadway is no exception, as many of the social network’s New York -based employees found out Monday, which was moving day ...

Teenage girl dies in hospital after running into a moving taxi
A 17-year-old, who ran into the side of a moving taxi in Northcote on Saturday night, has died.

Toddler falls out of moving van in China
Footage of a toddler falling out of van and onto a busy road in China is circulating social media.

Caught on camera: Toddler falls out of back of moving van in China
A toddler on Sunday fell out of the trunk of a moving van - and the whole scene was captured by the driving recorder on the car behind.

Latvian Startup Eventech Moving To Space
Eventech is producing event measurement equipment – devices that are used for satellite laser ranging. It works like this: a base device on Earth ...

Jaguar likely moving HQ to Britain's most iconic racetrack
Filed under: Motorsports , Jaguar , Land Rover , UK , Performance , Racing Jaguar Land Rover has moved another step closer to buying the Silverstone ...

Trash & Vaudeville moving, but Sounds, St. Mark's Bookshop & Patricia Field's boutique RIP
We lost two iconic NYC counter-culture shops last weekend, while rock n' roll clothing store Trash and Vaudeville had it's last day at its St. ...

The ‘anti-Netflix’ is worth $125 million — and it’s already moving into China to capitalize on the booming ...
Since 2007, London-based Mubi has quietly built a reputation as a stellar streaming service for serious film lovers. While Netflix has grabbed ...

VIDEO: Toddler Falls Out Of Moving Van
A toddler on Sunday fell out of the trunk of a moving van and was brought to safety by the driver behind in the city of Suzhou in east China's ...

Resources last updated: 3/3/2016 10:37:47 AM