f



Mwave part II - the end

Hi !
Thanks everyone for the sw ...
Every driver installation fails ... when I use the DOS based prog 
config.exe, it says "failed" in every test, both automatic and manual 
config ... jumpers are ok and no resource conflicts.
Oddly, the two boards behave the same ... may be that the Mwave line was 
buggy, I've heard it wasn't a blockbuster ;-)
0
supervinx (40)
11/24/2009 2:00:16 PM
comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware 10363 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

4 Replies
405 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 25

MWave, brings back memories of all the problems that board
caused me depending on revision/type.

A lot of people would throw the boards out and buy a SB card when
they had to reinstall windows without using the preload disks on the
old Aptiva's, as they would often get the wrong drivers.

Not all MWave drivers are the same.

Have you tried the ones at
<http://www.os2site.com/sw/drivers/mwave/index.html>
or
<http://www.os2site.com/sw/hardware/ibm/mwave/index.html>

Apologies, never did get around to adding the descriptions.
Might have a go at going though them and doing it tonight.

Cheers
0
Ian
11/25/2009 8:14:30 AM
supervinx wrote:
> Hi !
> Thanks everyone for the sw ...
> Every driver installation fails ...

I remember working with some third-party ISA mWave cards years ago. They 
were finicky as hell. IIRC, you had to follow the install instructions 
TO THE LETTER, including powering off when instructed to. Even then, 
they did not always work. Or worked for a time, then failed for no 
reason. A failed experiment. We didn't sell many.

OTOH, when they did work, they were kinda cool.

-Jim
0
Dr
11/27/2009 3:28:30 AM
"Dr. Jim" <jshorney.hates.spam@inebraska.com> wrote in message
news:hengvk$j8l$1@aioe.org...
> supervinx wrote:
> > Hi !
> > Thanks everyone for the sw ...
> > Every driver installation fails ...
>
> I remember working with some third-party ISA mWave cards years ago. They
> were finicky as hell. IIRC, you had to follow the install instructions
> TO THE LETTER, including powering off when instructed to. Even then,
> they did not always work. Or worked for a time, then failed for no
> reason. A failed experiment. We didn't sell many.
>
> OTOH, when they did work, they were kinda cool.
>
> -Jim

Don't forget the MWave Win95/98 drivers for the ThinkPad 760xx models, I
have the images here, if required.
-- 
Regards,
    Tim Clarke (a.k.a. WBST)
    Guildford, U.K.


0
Tim
11/29/2009 10:02:14 AM
Tim Clarke wrote:

> Don't forget the MWave Win95/98 drivers for the ThinkPad 760xx models, I
> have the images here, if required.


Of course. My 760ED works well with sound under Linux using the Iowa 
hack. I was surprised. I have a ham radio application (Xastir) that 
speaks to me through the Festival server with minimal CPU load. I had no 
idea it would work so well on such a minimal machine.

-Jim
0
Dr
11/29/2009 5:32:59 PM
Reply: