NetVista getting the boot (USB CDROM?)

   I have pondered slapping W2k on an 8364-EUS. Big challenge is loading
it onto the microdrive. Here's plan 9:

Pop 4-8GB microdrive in the CF socket.
Plug USB drive into port.
Access settings, enable boot from CD on USB.
Format drive on 8364... usw....

Can I do that, or is this going to require the use of a PCI IDE
controller and an external CD?
0
Louis

Hi!

> I have pondered slapping W2k on an 8364-EUS. Big challenge
> is loading it onto the microdrive.

So far as I can tell, the 8364 has absolutely NO USB boot support. It
would not boot from a USB floppy, and there are no options to govern
this behavior in the Workstation on Demand BIOS setup utility.

I got your NetVista 8364 running Win98 and the procedure is here:
http://greyghost.mooo.com/nv8364w98/

(That's your 8364 in the picture.)

William
0
William
11/16/2009 3:41:47 PM
On Nov 16, 10:41 am, "William R. Walsh" <wm_wa...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> So far as I can tell, the 8364 has absolutely NO USB boot support.

I will concur on that, having a few of these here at the office.  (We
use them with OS/2 Pcomm for mainframe consoles.)

Still lurking occasionally,
  Aron

0
Aron