OT and OS and ...

http://bbspot.com/News/2003/01/os_quiz.php

Real time karma - it turned out that I am OS/2 Warp

:-) k

0
karsten2000

More n-sense:

Mac Airlines
All the stewards, captains, baggage handlers, and ticket agents look
and act exactly the same. Every time you ask questions about details,
you are gently but firmly told that you don't need to know, don't want
to know, and everything will be done for you without your ever having
to know, so just shut up.

Windows Airlines
The terminal is pretty and colorful, with friendly stewards, easy
baggage check and boarding, and a smooth take-off. After about 10
minutes in the air, the plane explodes with no warning whatsoever.

Linux Airlines
Disgruntled employees of all the other OS airlines decide to start
their own airline. They build the planes, ticket counters, and pave
the runways themselves. They charge a small fee to cover the cost of
printing the ticket, but you can also download and print the ticket
yourself. When you board the plane, you are given a seat, four bolts,
a wrench and a copy of the Seat-HOWTO.html. Once settled, the fully
adjustable seat is very comfortable, the plane leaves and arrives on
time without a single problem, the in-flight meal is wonderful. You
try to tell customers of the other airlines about the great trip, but
all they can say is, "You had to do what with the seat?".

0
karsten2000

OT - OT - OT
http://www.405themovie.com/Home.asp -- Cliff "Cliff" <Clhuprich@aol.com> wrote in message news:7jht919fodmtt9o6mdo11ac8rqlt6jf2ad@4ax.com... > http://www.405themovie.com/Home.asp > > -- > Cliff Interesting but not very realistic at all. Lane (Lane, check for pulse. Are you alive?) Good effects. I liked Grandma best, I think I've seen her driving in front of me a few times. "Lane" <lane (no spam) at copperaccents dot com> wrote in message news:uYSdnRj7gaIQ6gLfRVn-qA@comcast.com... > > "Cliff" <Clhuprich@aol.co...

OT-OT-OT Help me identifying old hardware
Hi ! Meanwhile you were discussing about the best and the worst PS/2, I opened and old Olivetti M24 (may be you know it ...) As usual, the PSU secondary circuit is dead ;-) But my attention fell on the HD ... I expected an MFM or RLL but the connector looked like a 50pin SCSI ... The 8bit controller is labeled Xebec, with no marking except a S/N 5-175S Rev something ... with an external DB-style connector (like the external floppies). The HD is also a Xebec 4020 ... I googled a little ... th99 reports no Xebec hard disks ... another site showed only SCSI Owl-I, II and III. But some old (1984) magazines speak about Xebec SASI drive and controller ... Do you have some knowledge about ? The HD has a short circuit on the +12V, now I'm going to check the interface ... "supervinx" <supervinx@libero.it> wrote in message news:dPOdnVW9Qdf7THnXnZ2dnUVZ_qydnZ2d@westnet.com.au... > Hi ! > Meanwhile you were discussing about the best and the worst PS/2, I opened > and old Olivetti M24 (may be you know it ...) > As usual, the PSU secondary circuit is dead ;-) > But my attention fell on the HD ... > I expected an MFM or RLL but the connector looked like a 50pin SCSI ... > The 8bit controller is labeled Xebec, with no marking except a S/N 5-175S > Rev something ... with an external DB-style connector (like the external > floppies). > > The HD is also a Xebec 4020 ... > I googled a litt...

OT: IBM Displaywrite 5 for OS/2
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2752754172&category=183 Hey Jim Lawrie, did you see this one? (Std disclaimers) Howdy, It was closed by the time I saw the post. My new job doesn't allow much time for the computer anymore. Jim "Dan Overman" <youcanlookmeuponthestone@foo.net> wrote in message news:9Sy7b.5465$PE6.4595@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net... > > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2752754172&category=183 > > Hey Jim Lawrie, did you see this one? (Std disclaimers) > ...

[OT] IBM exiting the PC hardware business
Interesting article and sign of the times as PC's move to commodity status. http://www.nytimes.com/2004/12/03/technology/03ibm.html?ex=1259816400&en=c60a66b7afa86173&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland -- Phil McGuinness - Sherlock Software Phil, But who is only just coming to understand this? The NY Times reporter or IBM? The rest of us have known this for a decade now. We got out of hardware supply precisely because there is no margin to be had. Dell and others now offer a 3Ghz P4 PC with 17" LCD monitor for US 680 delivered and with XP Pro. Work that ou...

OT
Number 1 most requested thing on Dell's "Idea Storm" page: http://www.dellideastorm.com/ bob z. would love to be in a position where he wasn't placing all of his CAD eggs in one OS basket. bob z. p.s. I'm living for givin the devil his due > wasn't placing all of his CAD eggs in one OS basket. Ditto. Maybe someday. "Linux and x64 are two of the technologies most requested by UGS customers." http://www10.mcadcafe.com/nbc/articles/view_weekly.php?articleid=260017 Product name would be: Solinux 3dunix Lincad Modelinux "bob zee" <bobze...

OT: OS/2 or OS/NOT-2
Wow-- I've been *trying* to play with OS/2 Warp 4, trying to get on the internet. I'm very familiar with Windows (of course) and Linux-- OS/2 on the other hand, that's a different story. Getting this thing on the internet has been a pain. It works, finally. :) Now-- I realize that I'm basically stuck in the DOS age when it comes to dealing with files, like one of the most rudementary types of files-- zip files!!! Is there not a Winzip/WinRar-like app for OS/2? Can someone lead me to the light? What stuff do I need to put on this thing before it's eve...

iSeries OS Hardware/OS Upgrade
If this is not the correct I apologize up front. Our company is doing a Hardware/OS Upgrade on our AS400 this weekend and I wanted to get a feel on the approach that is being taken. We are planning on going from an 810 with v5r2 on it to a 550 with v5r4, we are moving existing cards in the 810 to the 550 as well as the 5074 Tower and then restoring from a SAVE21 on the 810 to teh 550. Is this feasible or would there be a better approach. We are unable to upgrade the exisintg 810 to v5r4 first due to the disk configuration of the system which is not supported by v5r4 for the load source. So w...

Auction: Vintage IBM PS2 PC Hardware Maintenance Manual Models 25
<http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-IBM-PS2-PC-Hardware-Maintenance-Manual_W0QQitemZ270078671271QQihZ017QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> End time: Jan-18-07 17:11:07 PST These are good for quick service to the systems. I am electric, electric eye... ...

OT: IBM 3270 PC(s) [5160 XTs with additional 3270 hardware] on eBay UK
Hi group, I seem to be making posting too difficult - or should that be "making" time for it?... That said, creating Time itself is an interesting prospect, but I'll probably never get around to it. Anyway, something has driven me to post: There is an auction for three IBM PCs "built 1985/6" plus a printer on eBay UK - the one pictured appears to be an example of the unusual type 5271 "3270 Personal Computer", which is essentially a 5160 XT crossed with a 3270 terminal and provides the functions of both. The picture shows a PC set up with both a special type 5272 display and a 122 key keyboard as used on the 3270 PC, though details of numbers and cards in the PCs have not been included. Seller is based in Lapworth in the West Midlands, pick up only. I'm not very far away though I don't have transport, but would be happy to help out if at all possible. As I understand these aren't too common, especially complete set ups, so I just think would be a shame if they met a all too familiar fate. To clarify, I have no affiliation with the seller whatsoever. Link to the auction (item number 200439650353): http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200439650353 Here is a great page on the 3270 PC's hardware quirks: http://www.seasip.info/VintagePC/5271.html Here are links to some relevant IBM docs: EMEA [Europe Middle East Africa] announcement for the 5271 on 22nd March 1984: ...

OLD IBM Hardware w/AIX 4.2 on SCSI HD, Is it possible to install HD on another OS
I have this old stand alone IBM AIX system running 4.2. No network connection or tape drive. Is there anyway I can get this HD installed on another version of Unix ( LINUX ). I just need the data to be accessible so I can put it on a tape or copy over network to another AIX Machine. I want to avoid trying to install the HD on a production machine if I can somehow get the HD accessed from a PC running Linux. Any ideas ?? Len wrote: > I have this old stand alone IBM AIX system running 4.2. No network > connection or tape drive. Is there anyway I can get this HD installed > on a...

Auction: IBM PS2 PS/2 Vintage Server Collectible sys 8595-0KF (William!! It's a xKx!!!)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270237772168 Starting bid: US $59.00 End time: May-22-08 09:23:51 PDT (6 days 19 hours) Ships to: Worldwide Item location: Holliston/Boston, MA, United States You are bidding on a IBM PS2 PS/2 Vintage Server Collectible sys 8595-0KF. This has been test and in working condition. This is not really intended to be used as a computer, rather a collectible piece of IBM history. Unit IS WORKING, and cosmetically in great shape It has a 1.44 floppy and NO Hard drive and would require very specific ones if you were to go the route. (IBM older SCSI- example 85F0011, 85F0012) Proc is a 486 DX-33 FRU 64F0198 Has Internal/Ext SCSI Controller w/ Cache FRU# 85F0063 Has 8MB of RAM Has an XGA Monitor Card and requires XGA IBM Monitors System Board we believe to be FRU 33F5717 Power Supply we believe to be 92F0051 No Keyboard or Mouse. No affiliation -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com I'm looking for a 95*85*-xKx/xNx. But you should have seen how my heart skipped a beat! Thanks for pointing it out. :-) The shipping's not too far off, so if it ends without a bidder, I will probably ask about it. William "William R. Walsh" <newsgroups1@idontwantjunqueemail.walshcomptech.com> schreef in b...

INSPECT: OS/VS vs. IBM Enterprise COBOL for z/OS and OS/390 3.2.0
All righty... as mentioned the other day I coded: 01 CHAR-1 PIC X. 01 CHAR-80 PIC X(80). .... PROCEDURE DIVISION. PERFORM INSPECT-1. PERFORM INSPECT-80. GOBACK. INSPECT-1. INSPECT CHAR-1 REPLACING ALL 'a' BY 'A'. INSPECT-80. INSPECT CHAR-80 REPLACING ALL 'a' BY 'A' ALL 'b' B...

ot: IBM thought Ken Kutaragi was OUT OF HIS MIND wanting PS3-Cell to be 1,000 times PS2 Emotion Engine performance
http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23852 article quote: __________________________________________ "Kutaragi, known for the bold stroke and the grand vision, swung for the fences from the get-go. "We want to do something that has never been done before," he told Davari and a group of IBMers at their first meeting. "let's work together to change the world." The movie The Matrix had just come out, and Kutaragi relished itspremise of a world that is actually a giant computer simulation "Think about creating a crude version of that world," he s...

ot: IBM thought Ken Kutaragi was OUT OF HIS MIND wanting PS3-Cell to be 1,000 times PS2 Emotion Engine performance
http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23852 article quote: __________________________________________ "Kutaragi, known for the bold stroke and the grand vision, swung for the fences from the get-go. "We want to do something that has never been done before," he told Davari and a group of IBMers at their first meeting. "let's work together to change the world." The movie The Matrix had just come out, and Kutaragi relished itspremise of a world that is actually a giant computer simulation "Think about creating a crude version of that world," he s...

hardware: SVGA->NTST: OT but not as OT as FRYe
I need a box that will plug into the svga output of my laptop and will produce NTSC video for a TV monitor. any suggestions as to where I may buy such a beastie ? -- Bill Drescher william {at} TechServSys {dot} com "bill drescher" <nobody@Spamcop.net> wrote in message news:9eqdnfn_hcbTux_cRVn-jQ@cablespeedmi.com... > I need a box that will plug into the svga output of my laptop and will > produce NTSC video for a TV monitor. > > any suggestions as to where I may buy such a beastie ? > -- > Bill Drescher > william {at} TechServSys {dot} com Seems to m...

(OT) Hardware
Evenin. Well.... . Here's the situation for you people with knowledge of such things as I find that the major manufacturers web pages can be... lacking. The network here is primarily 10/100 nics but each server has 1gb nics for a laugh. I would like to connect the 1gb nics to an 8 port 1gb switch and this switch in turn to two HP Procurve 24 port (10/100) switches that have a 1gb Transceiver slapped into the port. My question is this: Would this then equate to each port, more or less, receiving it's full 100mbps (ish) bandwidth? I'm trying to give each person max...

OT ...Very OT
Ok, this is very off topic, but I've become accustomed to seeking reassurance from fellow Lightwavers over my purchases so here goes. I going to sign on the dotted line for a new..........Land Rover Discovery TDV6 SE....wadda think.....good Idea?....spec choices?....Image?....etc...Any family men here that have been through this BIG purchase nerve racker...? It's got to move a family of 5 everywhere. Thanks for your wisdom "BOXA" <dustbin@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:crsaj4$ke2$1@titan.btinternet.com... | Ok, this is very off topic, but I've become ...

OT: hardware
Increase Application Performance with Solid State Disks http://www.embeddedstar.com/technicalpapers/content/i/embedded1968.html Anyone using this (b)leading edge hardware? Ronald Fehd Acting: HelpDesk Level 3: SAS CDC SAS site representative CDC Statistical Software Installation and Support team leader ...

IBM Hardware
Elarasys, Inc a leading reseller of pre-owned IBM p5, pSeries, and TotalStorage hardware has a sale on the below systems. p615 7029-6C3 1-Way 1.2GHz, 1GB Memory, 36.4GB 10K Disk Drive, DVD, Rails&Power Cord $2,100.00 7044-170 400MHz, 1GB Memory, 2 x 18.2GB 10K Disk Drives, CD-ROM, 20/40GB 8mm Tape Drive, GXT4500P, K&M $675.00 p640 7026-B80 2-Way 375MHz/8MB, 1GB Memory, 18.2GB 10K Drive, CD-ROM, Rails&Power Cord $850.00 We can a complete line of IBM p5, pSeries and TotalStorage hardware if you are looking for something not listed above or would like a different configuration p...

sys.ps2
when I type sys.ps2 after import sys, I got the message like: Traceback (most recent call last): File "<pyshell#10>", line 1, in -toplevel- sys.ps2 AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'ps2' why does it happen? You should be in interactive mode to see those, otherwise you get the error ...

IBM Hardware
Is and always was, of better quality than Apple. In article <M2q1g.4309$Kn4.4058@bignews2.bellsouth.net>, "zara" <zspook@aol.com> wrote: > Is and always was, of better quality than Apple. Zzzzzz..... In article <M2q1g.4309$Kn4.4058@bignews2.bellsouth.net>, "zara" <zspook@aol.com> wrote: > Is and always was, of better quality than Apple. Then what happened to OS/2? It should be up to Warp 7 by now. -- Microsoft and Windoze: The combination that made computing dangerous. Apple and OS X: The combination that made computing insanely ...

IBM continues to end OS/2 support and withdraw OS/2
I was suprised to see that IBM has updated their 'withdrawal from marketing' page for OS/2. The old page a couple of years ago was short and sweet and basically said OS/2 was gone. The new page goes into much more detail but offers some interesting new info... [begin excerpts] Existing OS/2 customers Existing OS/2 customers can purchase additional OS/2 licenses on an exception basis. IBM will review each request and notify the customer if it is approved. Contact your IBM representative to submit an order request. Support for IBM Middleware Defect Support f...

[auction US] IBM MICROCHANNEL 1200-2400BPS MODEM FOR IBM PS2 SYSTEMS
Beware! The seller doesn't seem to care much about which card you'll be getting! >http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120086889786&ss PageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=002< Regards, Alvin. ...

Auc-tion: IBM MICROCHANNEL 1200-2400BPS MODEM FOR IBM PS2 SYSTEMS
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120064993053 End time: Dec-21-06 00:32:30 PST (4 days 11 hours) Ships to: Worldwide Item location: BERTONE MOTORS, CINCINNATI, OHIO, United States No affiliation "picture may not be actual item exactly; but is of and will be a PS2 microchannel modem; picture may not be exact card, I have several to sell and they are not the same, specs are within that stated" -- Jelte ...

Web resources about - OT and OS and ... - comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware

Facebook hit with Antitrust for abuse of market power in Germany
Germany's cartel office has opened an investigation into Facebook for suspected abuse of market power through breaches of data protection law ...

Vietnam Vet Getting Dog Tag Back 48 Years Later
A Connecticut ex-Marine is getting back a dog tag he lost during the Vietnam War

Sony cuts $10 off the price of PlayStation Vue TV plans
If you've been eyeing Sony's PlayStation Vue TV service, the company announced two changes that could make it more enticing. First, it reduced ...

SNL's Lorne Michaels Breaks Silence on Kanye West's Backstage Outburst
Who could forget hearing Kanye West ‘s infamous leaked backstage rant right before his Saturday Night Live performance last month where he found ...

Wildcats, everywhere: 'High School Musical 4' is happening
Wildcats, it's time to get your heads back in the game. Disney Channel announced Tuesday that a fourth High School Musical film is in the works. ...

Jodie Sweetin Joins ABC’s ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Season 22
Fuller House star Jodie Sweetin will be joining ABC ’s Dancing With The Stars on Season 22. Sweetin announced the news this morning on Good Morning ...

Nina Simone biopic released in theaters, on VOD, April 22
LOS ANGELES (AP) — After many delays, the Nina Simone biopic starring Zoe Saldana and David Oyelowo will be simultaneously released in theaters, ...

UN adopts toughest-ever North Korea sanctions
The UN Security Council unanimously adopted on Wednesday the toughest sanctions ever imposed on North Korea in response to its fourth nuclear ...

Galaxy S7 vs. iPhone 6s: Which phone can survive these brutal drop tests?
Samsung’s Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge have begun shipping early, which means some people have already started dropping them against concrete ...

Lady Gaga's Grandmother Found Out About Her Sexual Assault After Oscars 2016 Performance
Lady Gaga shared a photo of her Grandmother and Aunt Sheri on Instagram to explain that she never told them she was a survivor of rape. “My ...