OT: IBM/Seagate Travan4 (QIC upgrade) EIDE internal tape drive on eBay US

http://cgi1.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8700563710
N.B.: these is a firmware update for these somewhere IIRC.
--
Regards,
        Tim Clarke (a.k.a. WBST)

0
Tim

Auction: IBM 80/120MB INTERNAL TAPE DRIVE 30F5167 ORIGINAL IBM
http://search.ebay.com/180167746789 BIN Quantity: 8 available ...

OT: 13 separate IDE/ATA IBM DJNA-371350 13.5 GB HARD DRIVE FRU 36L8689 on eBay US
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5245790203 -- Regards, Tim Clarke (a.k.a. WBST) ...

[auction US] IBM MICROCHANNEL 1200-2400BPS MODEM FOR IBM PS2 SYSTEMS
Beware! The seller doesn't seem to care much about which card you'll be getting! >http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120086889786&ss PageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=002< Regards, Alvin. ...

Problem with Seagate/IBM DDS-3 tape drive.
I'm stuck trying to get a tape drive to work. Any help appreciated. I bought an IBM RS/6000 server recently (7025 F50 to be precise), which is fitted with a IBM DDS-3 tape drive that is clearly made by Seagate. I've tried today for the first time to use the tape drive with a DDS-2 tape, but are not having a lot of luck. The model says "IBM" Seagate "SDT124000" and under that "SDT22400". See picture at http://www.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/~davek/dds3-2.jpg Looking at the Seagate manual http://www.seagate.com/support/tape/specs/dds/std12400.html the only differen...

OT: IBM ThinkPad 600(E/X) SelectaBase on eBay US
http://cgi1.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6805264996 -- Regards, Tim Clarke (a.k.a. WBST) ...

IBM X series server with Seagate USB Travan Tape Drive
Has anyone else had a problem with an IBM server which has a Seagate USB tape drive attached. When we perform a reboot, the server does not get past post boot screen on startup. It will only continue when we disconnect the drive. It is causing real headaches as we sometimes have to reboot remotely and the client site is 50 miles away. Any ideas anyone? "SirwynnofSkem" [a few "Sir"s lately?], > Has anyone else had a problem with an IBM server which has a > Seagate USB tape drive attached. When we perform a reboot, > the server does not get past post boot screen on startup. It will > only continue when we disconnect the drive. It is causing real > headaches as we sometimes have to reboot remotely and the > client site is 50 miles away. Any ideas anyone? I've seen the behavior with other systems & USB devices. Not familiar enough with the X Series USB level (one would think 2.0), but it sounds like a mismatch. Have you tried a small USB hub between the two? David David@IBMMuseum.com What is the operating system? David L. Beem wrote: > "SirwynnofSkem" [a few "Sir"s lately?], >> Has anyone else had a problem with an IBM server which has a >> Seagate USB tape drive attached. When we perform a reboot, >> the server does not get past post boot screen on startup. It will >> only continue when ...

External QIC (Quarter Inch Catridge) SCSI tape drive on eBay US
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8700689676 N.B. Although the ITBUs use QIC tapes the Irwin format will not be read by this drive!!! -- Regards, Tim Clarke (a.k.a. WBST) ...

IBM PS/2 2.3GB EXTERNAL TAPE DRIVE
IBM 2.3GB EXTERNAL TAPE DRIVE 3532023 46G2318 New open http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5165730336&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1 These are new in box and the box says "PS/2 tape drive." They are really Exabytes 8200. Comes with floppy disk, 2 cartridges, 1 cleaning cartridge, and manual. The only problem with them is that the enclosure has one, not two, SCSI port. You need to use a corresponding cable. Dan ...

Auction: IBM 80/120M Internal Floppy Tape Drive for PS/2 (ITBU)
http://search.ebay.com/310003998664 End time: Dec-08-07 18:33:43 PST - includes drivesled & faceplate for Model 8590 or 9590 ...

Auctions (2): Three IBM PS2 Graphics Adapters 8514/A *AND* IBM MicroChannel 4869 External 5-1/4" Disk Drive (360K)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270123874305 Starting bid: US $0.99 End time: May-31-07 16:43:43 PDT (6 days 3 hours) Ships to: United States Item location: Surprise, Arizona, United States IBM PS/2 MicroChannel CAD Workstation Graphics Cards Model 8514/A listing is for a quantity of three shipped for a single price Also by same seller : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270123854097 Starting bid: US $0.99 End time: May-31-07 15:51:52 PDT (6 days 3 hours) Includes the drive sled, the MCA adapter card and ribbon cables for inside the box (as shown in the picture). No affiliation PS William, WCT is mentioned in both auctions. -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com ...

OT: IBM 3270 PC(s) [5160 XTs with additional 3270 hardware] on eBay UK
Hi group, I seem to be making posting too difficult - or should that be "making" time for it?... That said, creating Time itself is an interesting prospect, but I'll probably never get around to it. Anyway, something has driven me to post: There is an auction for three IBM PCs "built 1985/6" plus a printer on eBay UK - the one pictured appears to be an example of the unusual type 5271 "3270 Personal Computer", which is essentially a 5160 XT crossed with a 3270 terminal and provides the functions of both. The picture shows a PC set up with both a special type 5272 display and a 122 key keyboard as used on the 3270 PC, though details of numbers and cards in the PCs have not been included. Seller is based in Lapworth in the West Midlands, pick up only. I'm not very far away though I don't have transport, but would be happy to help out if at all possible. As I understand these aren't too common, especially complete set ups, so I just think would be a shame if they met a all too familiar fate. To clarify, I have no affiliation with the seller whatsoever. Link to the auction (item number 200439650353): http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200439650353 Here is a great page on the 3270 PC's hardware quirks: http://www.seasip.info/VintagePC/5271.html Here are links to some relevant IBM docs: EMEA [Europe Middle East Africa] announcement for the 5271 on 22nd March 1984: ...

OT: IBM 56K PC Card modems (OEM of USR 56K w. X-Jack) on eBay US
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6805152631 Usual disclaimers apply. -- Regards, Tim Clarke (a.k.a. WBST) ...

OT: 9 separate IBM PCI-bus 802.11b (11Mbps) WiFI LAN and modem combo adapters on eBay US
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6807162319 -- Regards, Tim Clarke (a.k.a. WBST) mini pci, IE: for laptops only. should note that. one of my contacts at koutech a few years ago slipped and admitted that at one point, they were considering making a standard pci 56k modem/802.11 wireless combo card. it never happened, but obviously, things like that add to confusion if not properly explained. -John Tim Clarke schrieb: > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6807162319 It's an ActionTek MiniPCI card based on Intersil's PRISM 2.5 chipset. No new drivers, no support for WPA. But it works with Linux. -- Uli "newyork_techie" <john@boff-net.dhs.org> wrote in message news:1128085183.083288.317390@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > mini pci, IE: for laptops only. > should note that. > > one of my contacts at koutech a few years ago slipped and admitted that > at one point, they were considering making a standard pci 56k > modem/802.11 wireless combo card. it never happened, but > obviously, things like that add to confusion if not properly explained. Thanks for that John, I try my best but it's a "service" and one expects a certain amount of common-sense from the members here. -- Regards, Tim Clarke (a.k.a. WBST) ...

IBM Tape drive Adapter
epay #2786423028 Part No 6157 looks like a RT box add on? Is there any MCA Adapter supporting this device on any PS/2? Gereon http://ohlandl.kev009.com/misc/6157_tape.html -- Reply to me at louis little punctuation mark ohland with the same ISP ...

IBM 3592 Tape Drive
Hi All. Just wondering if anyone can advise if I can use a IBM 3592-E05 Tape drive without the rack. Does the drive have a standard power cord just like the other IBM tape drives? Anyone know where I can find more detail pictures on the tape drive. Greatly appreciated. Thanks. SH SHOTTY wrote: > Hi All. > > Just wondering if anyone can advise if I can use a IBM 3592-E05 Tape drive > without the rack. Does the drive have a standard power cord just like the > other IBM tape drives? > > Anyone know where I can find more detail pictures on the tape drive. > &...

Options by IBM: IBM ECC-on-SIMM Memory Upgrades
Announcement Number: 195-075 Hardware Requirements: The 4BM 70ns ECC-on-SIMM Memory Upgrade (#1500, 75G6500) is supported on the following IBM platforms: Machine Description Type Model PS/2 8525 K00, K01, L02 8535 040, 043, 050, 055, 14X, 24X 8540 040, 043, 045 8556 043, 045, 055, 059, 14X, 15X, 24X, 25X Machine Description Type Model 8557 045, 049, 055, 059, 05F, 259 8590(1) 0J5, 0J9, 0JD, 0JF, 0K9, 0KD, 0KF, 0GF, 0G5, 0G9, 0HF, 0H5, 0H9, 0L9, 0LF 8595(1) 0J9, 0JD, 0JF, 0KD, 0KF, 0G5, 0G9, 0GF, 0H5, 0H9, 0HF, 0L9, 0LF, 0X6, 0XA, 0XF, 0XG 9553 0B7, 0BB, 1BX, 2BX 9556 DBA, DB6, DEB, DED, DE9, KBA, KB6, QBA, QB6, 0BA, 0B6, 1EX, 2EX 9557 DBA, DBG, DB6, DEB, DED, DEG, DE9, KBA, KBG, KB6, QBA, QB6, 0BA, 0B6, 1BA, 2BA, 6EB, 6EG, 7EB, 7EG 9576 DUA,DU6, KUA, KU6, QUA, QU6, 0UA, 0U6 9577 DNA, DNG, DUA, DUG, KNA, KNG, KUA, KUG QBA, QB6, QNA, QUA, 0NA, 0NF, 0UA, 0UF, 1NA, 1UA, 9585(1) 0X6, 0XA, 0XF, 0XG, 0KG, 0KT, 0NG, 0NT 9590(1) DLA, 0LA, QLA, KLA, 0LF, DLG, KLG 9595(1) 0LF, 0LG PC Server 8640(1) 0N0, 0NJ, 0P0, 0PT, 0Y0, 0YT, 1Y0, 1YT (1) These systems must be upgraded with sets of two 75G6500 upgrades. Limitations * Parity memory cannot coexist with the 4MB 70ns ECC-on-SIMM Memory Upgrade in the same system. * 8590, 8595, 9590, and 9595 models with native ECC (models xMx, * 1Nx, xPx, xQx, xTx, xVx) are not supported. -- Reply to ohland@charter.net ...

Auction: IBM 10G7103 IBM 486SLC2 PROCESSOR UPGRADE 52g7796
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-10G7103-IBM-486SLC2-PROCESSOR-UPGRADE-52g7796_W0QQitemZ110055571391QQihZ001QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< End time: Nov-20-06 12:53:39 PST ...

IBM 9348 Tape Drive Woes
Hey guys- I recently had a new toy fall into my lap, an IBM 9348-012 tape drive. I know this isn't a hardware group, but this thing is usually hooked either to RS/6000's or AS/400's, so perhaps you guys can help. I've been trying to get it to properly load ANY tape, and it just doesn't seem to do it correctly. Upon inserting the tape, it does its thing of getting the tape loaded onto the takeup reel, but then when I presume it should be fast-forwarding till it finds the BOT, it just spools forward for about half a second, and then chokes, saying there was a tape load err...

Stuck IBM LTO1 Tape Drive
We had an IBM LTO1 tape drive with a stuck tape. IBM documents a procedure, using a wrench under the drive and a screwdriver in a special access port on the front, for releasing the tape. Using this procedure we got the tape out without a problem. Now however the tape drive has a plastic notch that would normally lock down the tape drive in a permanently locked position. Facing the front of the drive. when the tape is inserted, there is a hinged black plastic piece that swivel into the tapes lock notch. This is what keeps the tape from being removed while it is engaged in the drive. ...

IBM Tape drive Adapter #2
Hi Gereon, > epay #2786423028. Part No 6157 looks like a RT box add on? > Is there any MCA Adapter supporting this device on any PS/2? Yes, a proprietary board that came with the 6157 drive: http://www.gilanet.com/ohlandl/misc/6157_tape.html. I have at least one of the adapter cards & two of the drives. They've been picked up while I was over here, so I haven't had much time to play with supported OSes & configurations. David David@gilanet.com ...

OT:IBM PowerPC laptop on Ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-PowerPC-Power-Series-820-Like-New_W0QQitemZ6807482072QQcategoryZ42202QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem tero ...

IBM ThinkPad Dock I on eBay US
http://cgi1.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6801224315 -- Regards, Tim Clarke (a.k.a. WBST) ...

IBM 9348 Tape Drive Woes
Hey guys- I recently had a new toy fall into my lap, an IBM 9348-012 tape drive. I know this isn't a hardware group, but this thing is usually hooked either to RS/6000's or AS/400's, so perhaps you guys can help. I've been trying to get it to properly load ANY tape, and it just doesn't seem to do it correctly. Upon inserting the tape, it does its thing of getting the tape loaded onto the takeup reel, but then when I presume it should be fast-forwarding till it finds the BOT, it just spools forward for about half a second, and then chokes, saying there was a tape load err...

Stuck IBM LTO Tape Drive
We had an IBM LTO1 tape drive with a stuck tape. IBM documents a procedure, using a wrench under the drive and a screwdriver in a special access port on the front, for releasing the tape. Using this procedure we got the tape out without a problem. Now however the tape drive has a plastic notch that would normally lock down the tape drive in a permanently locked position. Facing the front of the drive. when the tape is inserted, there is a hinged black plastic piece that swivel into the tapes lock notch. This is what keeps the tape from being removed while it is engaged in the...

Web resources about - OT: IBM/Seagate Travan4 (QIC upgrade) EIDE internal tape drive on eBay US - comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware

Empire of Japan (internal politics 1914–1944) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Since the Meiji period, Japan had been a nominal constitutional monarchy , but the name did not obscure the fact that Japan’s form of government ...

'No more BS': Downer's internal pledge on troubled Waratah rail project
Execs made pledge for &quot;no more BS&quot; in regards to Waratah project six months before disclosure.

Ed Husic’s internal start-up battle
Opposition start-ups and digital ­innovation spokesman Ed Husic has declared the ALP needs ­another wave of innovation ­policies to outplay Malcolm ...

An internal 128GB iPhone storage upgrade? Only at the Shenzhen market…
You can get just about anything at the Shenzhen market in China, and that apparently includes an on-the-spot internal storage upgrade for your ...

This is the full internal memo Tim Cook just sent to Apple employees on the FBI war
... of a legendary iPhone hacker . Now, the next chapter in this ongoing saga has unfolded as Apple CEO Tim Cook delivers a special internal memo ...

Internal Polling Shows Marco Rubio Crashes, Burns After Horrendous Debate Performance
Internal Polling Shows Marco Rubio Crashes, Burns After Horrendous Debate Performance

Tim Cook's internal memo to all Apple employees on its fight against the FBI
Apple CEO Tim Cook has called on the FBI to drop its demand that the company help it hack into an iPhone. In an internal company memo obtained ...

Review: Samsung's business card-sized, 2TB SSD nears internal drive speeds
As much as I work with SSDs, it still surprises me when I open a box and see an external drive that fits neatly into the palm of my hand and ...

Internal Memo: Pentagon Testing Agency Blasts Navy Official For Defending Littoral Combat Ship
Internal Memo: Pentagon Testing Agency Blasts Navy Official For Defending Littoral Combat Ship