PC-365 (6589) PSU pinout

Hi !
I've still some box full of junk to open ...
Today I discovered an IBM MB, FRU 40H6044 ==> PC-365 ...
Since I have the MB, the riser and processors, I would give it a try but
no PSU.
Noticed that it has two connectors on the MB: anyone knows the pinout ?
I don't want to buy a new one ... I have no case and I want just to test
it ... so a modified ATX should be enough ...
0
supervinx

Hi Vincenzo !

> I've still some box full of junk to open ...
> Today I discovered an IBM MB, FRU 40H6044 ==> PC-365 ...
> Since I have the MB, the riser and processors, I would give it a try but
> no PSU.
> Noticed that it has two connectors on the MB: anyone knows the pinout ?
> I don't want to buy a new one ... I have no case and I want just to test
> it ... so a modified ATX should be enough ...

There is a sort of pinout at the S84H0334 at page 33.
The PSU needs an extra connector towards the riser board.

ftp://ftp.pc.ibm.com/pub/special/cdtfiles/s84h0334.pdf

--

Peter from Germany
http://www.mcamafia.de

> I've still some box full of junk to open ...
> Today I discovered an IBM MB, FRU 40H6044 ==> PC-365 ...
> Since I have the MB, the riser and processors, I would give it a try but
> no PSU.

If you have *processors* - do you have the VRM at the front / right
connector ? It is not an ordinary VRM, it is similar to Intel VRM specs
(6.1 IIRC) but a tad different to generic stuff as far as I know.
What about the CPU-fans ?

(BTW: for a good laugh - look at the USB connector pinout at page 47)

--

Peter from Germany
http://www.mcamafia.de
> (BTW: for a good laugh - look at the USB connector pinout at page 47)
Never heard of a proprietary IBM USB port ;-)

0
supervinx
11/23/2009 10:50:46 PM
I have big passive heatsinks and plenty of fans of every kind ... that's
not a problem
I've checked the
http://ps-2.kev009.com:8081/pcpartnerinfo/ctstips/9822.htm

because I had a box of risers and I was putting an Aptiva riser (very
similar)
The correct is FRU 07H1266...

Can I use a VRM coming from a PC-Server 330 (which uses PPro ? I have a
spare one ...)

Pinout must be deciphered ... but ... I've searched ebay and found an
auction in the UK with a photo ... LiteOn PSU ... now I remember to have
seen a LiteOn/IBM PSU last day in my garage, with "strange
connectors" ... not tested yet ... may be is the right one !

0
supervinx
11/23/2009 10:57:08 PM
supervinx schreef:
> I have big passive heatsinks and plenty of fans of every kind ... that's
> not a problem
> I've checked the
> http://ps-2.kev009.com:8081/pcpartnerinfo/ctstips/9822.htm
>
> because I had a box of risers and I was putting an Aptiva riser (very
> similar)
> The correct is FRU 07H1266...
>
> Can I use a VRM coming from a PC-Server 330 (which uses PPro ? I have a
> spare one ...)
>
> Pinout must be deciphered ... but ... I've searched ebay and found an
> auction in the UK with a photo ... LiteOn PSU ... now I remember to have
> seen a LiteOn/IBM PSU last day in my garage, with "strange
> connectors" ... not tested yet ... may be is the right one !

Hi,

Once I had a dual PPro system; the mobo died and I sold one of the
processors.
I still have the other one (256kb cache) incl. original coolfan and VRM.
If you are in desperate need, let me know.

George
0
George
11/24/2009 3:16:27 PM