Smoke a bowl Auction: IBM 33F8354 IBM 8590 BATTERY (CR2032)

 >http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-33F8354-IBM-8590-BATTERY-CR2032_W0QQitemZ8776722082QQcategoryZ162QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem<

This is awesome! If there is a strong market for these, I'm running down
and buy crates of CR2032s.

IT Equipment Xpress
0
Louis

Louis Ohland wrote:
>  >http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-33F8354-IBM-8590-BATTERY-CR2032_W0QQitemZ8776722082QQcategoryZ162QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem<
>
> This is awesome! If there is a strong market for these, I'm running down
> and buy crates of CR2032s.
>
> IT Equipment Xpress

Not only that, but they want $15 just to ship it!

--Daniel
0
Daniel
3/12/2006 7:40:10 PM
On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 19:40:10 UTC, Daniel Hamilton
<bitslasher_nospam_@gmail.com> wrote:

> Louis Ohland wrote:
> >  >http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-33F8354-IBM-8590-BATTERY-CR2032_W0QQitemZ8776722082QQcategoryZ162QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem<
> >
> > This is awesome! If there is a strong market for these, I'm running down
> > and buy crates of CR2032s.
> >
> > IT Equipment Xpress
>
> Not only that, but they want $15 just to ship it!

Even more to ship to Europe! Looks like they have to charter a plane..

--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk
PC Server 325; PS/2s 8595*3, 9595*3 (2*P60 + P90), 8535, 8570, 9556*2,
8580*6,
8557*2, 8550, 9577, 8530, P70, PC/AT..
http://www.tavi.co.uk
http://www.ardent-tool.org.uk

0
Bob
3/12/2006 7:41:05 PM
This one time, I'd cut IT Equipment Xpress some slack.

This is a genuine IBM part and IBM may actually be charging $44.95.  I
confess to having paid IBM $40 for a plain beige mouse, and about $50
for a rhomat tape.

Dan

0
Dan
3/13/2006 4:57:30 AM
On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 04:57:30 UTC, "Dan-the K" <kaliushkin@att.net>
wrote:

> This one time, I'd cut IT Equipment Xpress some slack.
>
> This is a genuine IBM part and IBM may actually be charging $44.95.  I
> confess to having paid IBM $40 for a plain beige mouse, and about $50
> for a rhomat tape.

But I'd worry about how *old* it is...

--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk
PC Server 325; PS/2s 8595*3, 9595*3 (2*P60 + P90), 8535, 8570, 9556*2,
8580*6,
8557*2, 8550, 9577, 8530, P70, PC/AT..
http://www.tavi.co.uk
http://www.ardent-tool.org.uk

0
Bob
3/13/2006 8:47:52 AM
On 13 Mar 2006 08:47:52 GMT
Bob wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 04:57:30 UTC, "Dan-the K" <kaliushkin@att.net>
> wrote:
>
> > This one time, I'd cut IT Equipment Xpress some slack.
> >
> > This is a genuine IBM part and IBM may actually be charging $44.95.  I
> > confess to having paid IBM $40 for a plain beige mouse, and about $50
> > for a rhomat tape.
>
> But I'd worry about how *old* it is...

Even the pyramids are still functional...

0
shingouz
3/13/2006 12:40:02 PM
On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 12:40:02 UTC, shingouz
<devnull@spambait.punkass.com> wrote:

> On 13 Mar 2006 08:47:52 GMT
> Bob wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 04:57:30 UTC, "Dan-the K" <kaliushkin@att.net>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > This one time, I'd cut IT Equipment Xpress some slack.
> > >
> > > This is a genuine IBM part and IBM may actually be charging $44.95.  I
> > > confess to having paid IBM $40 for a plain beige mouse, and about $50
> > > for a rhomat tape.
> >
> > But I'd worry about how *old* it is...
>
> Even the pyramids are still functional...

They didn't have a ten year design life...

--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk
PC Server 325; PS/2s 8595*3, 9595*3 (2*P60 + P90), 8535, 8570, 9556*2,
8580*6,
8557*2, 8550, 9577, 8530, P70, PC/AT..
http://www.tavi.co.uk
http://www.ardent-tool.org.uk

0
Bob
3/13/2006 12:58:23 PM
Dan-the K wrote:
> This one time, I'd cut IT Equipment Xpress some slack.
>
> This is a genuine IBM part and IBM may actually be charging $44.95.  I
> confess to having paid IBM $40 for a plain beige mouse, and about $50
> for a rhomat tape.
>
> Dan

Uh was IBM in the battery business?  That should simply be a CR2032
battery, without even an IBM badge. :)  I don't know of IBM making
CR2032 batteries that only would work with their hardware?  Perhaps this
was another first for PS/2s -- first use of nano-technology in a PC --
to "lock" the battery from being used in another clone machine, and vice
versa.  That sure would be worth the effort.  :)

--Daniel
0
Daniel
3/13/2006 10:50:43 PM
On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 22:50:43 UTC, Daniel Hamilton
<bitslasher_nospam_@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dan-the K wrote:
> > This one time, I'd cut IT Equipment Xpress some slack.
> >
> > This is a genuine IBM part and IBM may actually be charging $44.95.  I
> > confess to having paid IBM $40 for a plain beige mouse, and about $50
> > for a rhomat tape.
>
> Uh was IBM in the battery business?  That should simply be a CR2032
> battery, without even an IBM badge. :)  I don't know of IBM making
> CR2032 batteries that only would work with their hardware?  Perhaps this
> was another first for PS/2s -- first use of nano-technology in a PC --
> to "lock" the battery from being used in another clone machine, and vice
> versa.  That sure would be worth the effort.  :)

It's nothing new. Virtually all of the batteries used in PS/2s were
avalable from IBM as a spare part. For example, the 6 volt lithium pack
(CR-P2) used in models 50, 70 and 80 (to name just three) was about 18
pounds from an IBM dealer. My local (200 yards away) hardware store did
them for 7 pounds.

Remember that in the corporate world, single source is what the customer
wants most of the times. They pay a premium, but overall probably save
money on procurement.

Apart from the P75, I think...all of the batteries were readily
available on the open market. But all had an FRU number too:

  http://www.tavi.co.uk/ps2pages/battery.html

--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk
PC Server 325; PS/2s 8595*3, 9595*3 (2*P60 + P90), 8535, 8570, 9556*2,
8580*6,
8557*2, 8550, 9577, 8530, P70, PC/AT..
http://www.tavi.co.uk
http://www.ardent-tool.org.uk

0
Bob
3/13/2006 11:29:34 PM

Dan-the K wrote:

> This one time, I'd cut IT Equipment Xpress some slack.
>
> This is a genuine IBM part and IBM may actually be charging $44.95.  I
> confess to having paid IBM $40 for a plain beige mouse, and about $50
> for a rhomat tape.

I suppose it's his description that I object to. What exactly is a "3rd
party knock-off or fake" CR2032? I can walk into any Walgreen's and buy
"medical grade" CR2032s from one of the big names. What makes these
fake?

Oh, I get it, they're not from IBM - probably not "computer grade"
either.

Right.

And I've got some prime beachfront property in Baghdad that I'd sell
you, too....

Jim
3/15/2006 5:15:50 AM
Jim Shorney schrieb:

> I suppose it's his description that I object to. What exactly is a "3rd
> party knock-off or fake" CR2032? I can walk into any Walgreen's and buy
> "medical grade" CR2032s from one of the big names. What makes these
> fake?
>
> Oh, I get it, they're not from IBM - probably not "computer grade"
> either.

And if they are *really* original packaged for IBM PS/2 they are surely
dead now. Never heard of a CR2032 lasting twelve+ years, even if not used.

--
Uli
0
> "medical grade" CR2032s from one of the big names. What makes these
> fake?

The price? I was recently shopping for a pair of LR44 batteries for the
camera. Different brands, known and unknown, but all "Made in China" and
with the same "expiry" date. Later I found out that I could have 10 pcs. of
the same batteries at Hofer/Aldi for the price of 4 pcs. elsewhere. There
are only less and longer lasting batteries.

0
UZnal
3/15/2006 1:28:51 PM
LR44 are like short AA batteries?

UZnal wrote:
>> "medical grade" CR2032s from one of the big names. What makes these
>> fake?
>
> The price? I was recently shopping for a pair of LR44 batteries for the
> camera. Different brands, known and unknown, but all "Made in China" and
> with the same "expiry" date. Later I found out that I could have 10 pcs. of
> the same batteries at Hofer/Aldi for the price of 4 pcs. elsewhere. There
> are only less and longer lasting batteries.

0
Louis
3/15/2006 1:43:43 PM
Louis Ohland wrote:
> LR44 are like short AA batteries?
>
> UZnal wrote:
> >> "medical grade" CR2032s from one of the big names. What makes these
> >> fake?
> >
> > The price? I was recently shopping for a pair of LR44 batteries for the
> > camera. Different brands, known and unknown, but all "Made in China" and
> > with the same "expiry" date. Later I found out that I could have 10 pcs. of
> > the same batteries at Hofer/Aldi for the price of 4 pcs. elsewhere. There
> > are only less and longer lasting batteries.

Louis, LR44 batteries are more like nickels.  Very little height.

Dan

0
Dan
3/15/2006 5:17:22 PM
> LR44 are like short AA batteries?

"Button-cell" (Knopfzelle), 1.5V, with a diameter of about 0.44".

0
UZnal
3/15/2006 6:03:28 PM
I don't know where this is written, but we don't take fractions of an
English unit in decimal.  We use base 2!  So that decimal comes to
about 7/16".  But of course this way you lose the connection of 44 to
the model number.

I understand units of currency in Great Britian are now pounds and
hundredths of a pound.  No more shilling, farthing, or pence?  Or is a
pence now 1/100th of a pound?

France, which invented the metric system, uses francs and hundredths of
a franc.

What about rubles?

Dan
Former Foochow Imperial Stud

0
Dan
3/16/2006 12:09:50 AM
On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 00:09:50 UTC, "Dan-the K" <kaliushkin@att.net>
wrote:

> France, which invented the metric system, uses francs and hundredths of
> a franc.

Well, no. It uses euros, and hundredths of a euro.

--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk
PC Server 325; PS/2s 8595*3, 9595*3 (2*P60 + P90), 8535, 8570, 9556*2,
8580*6,
8557*2, 8550, 9577, 8530, P70, PC/AT..
http://www.tavi.co.uk
http://www.ardent-tool.org.uk

0
Bob
3/16/2006 12:21:22 AM
"Dan-the K" <kaliushkin@att.net> wrote in message
> I don't know where this is written, but we don't take fractions of an
> English unit in decimal.  We use base 2!

Not quite true. In engineering terminology, there are thousandths of an inch
(thou.) and one normally leaves off trailing zeros when writing this as a
decimal number.

> I understand units of currency in Great Britian are now pounds and
> hundredths of a pound.  No more shilling, farthing, or pence?  Or is a
> pence now 1/100th of a pound?

Yes. A penny (pence is the plural) is 1/100th of a pound. Coins have changed
radically over the past twenty years or more, since decimalisation made its
presence. A 10p (�0.10) piece is roughly similar to the old shilling (old
�0.05, or 12d) in size, colour and weight, the 5p (�0.05) piece is roughly
similar to the last, small sixpence (old �0.025, or 6d) and the 2p piece
(�0.02) is roughly similar to the old penny (old �1 / 240, or 1d). The
farthing (0.25d), ha'penny-piece (0.5d), thrupenny-bit (3d), half-crown (old
�0.125, or 2s 6d - "two and sixpence") and ten-shilling - "ten-bob" - note
(old �0.50)  etc. are but dim memories, due to inflation's inexorable march.
They're already talking about a �5 coin. All these big, heavy coins wear out
one's trouser pockets much faster than is even vaguely sensible.

Such is the march of "progress".

> What about rubles?

Erm, presumably still 100 kopecks to the rouble.

HTTH
--
Regards,
    Tim Clarke (a.k.a. WBST)

0
Tim
3/16/2006 1:55:56 AM

Uli Link wrote:

> And if they are *really* original packaged for IBM PS/2 they are surely
> dead now. Never heard of a CR2032 lasting twelve+ years, even if not used.

True. They do have a shelf life. I've read that it's best to buy them
fresh, b/c if you buy a spare at the same time you buy a replacement for
your PC, the spare will be near the end of it's shelf life by the time
you need to use it.

Jim
3/16/2006 2:26:30 AM
Tim Clarke wrote:
> "Dan-the K" <kaliushkin@att.net> wrote in message
> > I don't know where this is written, but we don't take fractions of an
> > English unit in decimal.  We use base 2!
>
> Not quite true. In engineering terminology, there are thousandths of an i=
nch
> (thou.) and one normally leaves off trailing zeros when writing this as a
> decimal number.
>
> > I understand units of currency in Great Britian are now pounds and
> > hundredths of a pound.  No more shilling, farthing, or pence?  Or is a
> > pence now 1/100th of a pound?
>
> Yes. A penny (pence is the plural) is 1/100th of a pound. Coins have chan=
ged
> radically over the past twenty years or more, since decimalisation made i=
ts
> presence. A 10p (=A30.10) piece is roughly similar to the old shilling (o=
ld
> =A30.05, or 12d) in size, colour and weight, the 5p (=A30.05) piece is ro=
ughly
> similar to the last, small sixpence (old =A30.025, or 6d) and the 2p piece
> (=A30.02) is roughly similar to the old penny (old =A31 / 240, or 1d). The
> farthing (0.25d), ha'penny-piece (0.5d), thrupenny-bit (3d), half-crown (=
old
> =A30.125, or 2s 6d - "two and sixpence") and ten-shilling - "ten-bob" - n=
ote
> (old =A30.50)  etc. are but dim memories, due to inflation's inexorable m=
arch.
> They're already talking about a =A35 coin. All these big, heavy coins wea=
r out
> one's trouser pockets much faster than is even vaguely sensible.
>
> Such is the march of "progress".
>
> > What about rubles?
>
> Erm, presumably still 100 kopecks to the rouble.
>
> HTTH

> Regards,
>     Tim Clarke (a.k.a. WBST)
>     Guildford, U.K.

"Trousers".  Haven't heard that word in quite a while.  Isn't "TRUSERS"
a list of trusted users?  Its used in Windoze NT and I'm not sure where
else.  (*Back on topic*).

0
Dan
3/16/2006 4:04:49 AM
> I don't know where this is written, but we don't take fractions of an
> English unit in decimal.  We use base 2!

Power of 2. Tap drill sizes, aircraft bolts have such numbers. But, AFAIR,
my Physics 101 book (J. Wiley edition) had lots of decimal fractions, which
is nothing more than stating how many out of 10, 100, 1000 and so on. And
that book did not teach by the metric system.

> So that decimal comes to
> about 7/16".  But of course this way you lose the connection of 44 to
> the model number.

There is an alternative code to LR44, I think it was A76.

0
UZnal

[auction US] IBM MICROCHANNEL 1200-2400BPS MODEM FOR IBM PS2 SYSTEMS
Beware! The seller doesn't seem to care much about which card you'll be getting! >http://cgi.benl.ebay.be/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120086889786&ss PageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=002< Regards, Alvin. ...

Auctions (2): Three IBM PS2 Graphics Adapters 8514/A *AND* IBM MicroChannel 4869 External 5-1/4" Disk Drive (360K)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270123874305 Starting bid: US $0.99 End time: May-31-07 16:43:43 PDT (6 days 3 hours) Ships to: United States Item location: Surprise, Arizona, United States IBM PS/2 MicroChannel CAD Workstation Graphics Cards Model 8514/A listing is for a quantity of three shipped for a single price Also by same seller : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270123854097 Starting bid: US $0.99 End time: May-31-07 15:51:52 PDT (6 days 3 hours) Includes the drive sled, the MCA adapter card and ribbon cables for inside the box (as shown in the picture). No affiliation PS William, WCT is mentioned in both auctions. -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com ...

Auction: IBM 5360 Mainframe and IBM 5225 Printer
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-5360-Mainframe-and-IBM-5225-Printer_W0QQitemZ130041937602QQihZ003QQcategoryZ162QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< End time: Nov-04-06 10:44:14 PST Hutchinson, Kansas Folks, we are not in Kansas anymore... Has a pile of manuels, 3 monitors, three keyboards. Louis Ohland wrote: > Folks, we are not in Kansas anymore... Has a pile of manuels, 3 > monitors, three keyboards. As you would expect, each keyboard mates with one of the 5251 displays. It's easy to tell which display was the system console (the badly burned-in one on top) and which was the primary application console (the pretty badly burned-in one on the bottom). The one in the middle that has no visible burn-in probably saw very little use. I don't think that the value of the system will improve very much in another 10 to 20 years like the seller hopes, but everyone is entitled to dream. If anyone was interested in a set of S/36 manuals, this auction looks like a good bet, you might get a complete set and a few spares. A small bid will probably win, then you have the seller ship you all of the manuals via Media Mail, and then the seller could do as he liked with the "heavy metal" (of course, you'd have to make sure that the seller would go along with this scheme in advance). Rick Ekblaw "Louis Ohland" <ohland@charter.net> schreef in bericht news:3Sa1h.368$XF5.319@newsfe06.lga... > >http://cgi.eba...

WTT: 32MB SIMMs
I have (6) sticks of SiliconMountain Memory (Parity, Gold leads, 70ns), product # SMM4342-9661. These SIMMs are supposed to be equivalent to IBM 92G7205. This memory works fine in my PC 750 MCA/PCI (6886) under Win98. But it does NOT work reliability under Windows NT 3.51 (My current OS). I would like to trade 192MB of SiliconMountain Memory for (2) sticks of IBM 92G7205 SIMMs. Please contact me via email at gorenbergh @ mags . net. Thanks, Steve (eTh1nk) ...

I found a good site of IBM thinkpad batteries.Just look it, http://www.ibm-laptop-batteries.co.uk
Hi,everyone, I bought a battery of ibm thindpad r31 from a online store, http://www.ibm-laptop-batteries.co.uk .It is a preffesional online store for ibm thinkpad.All of the batteries not only have cheap price and excellent quality,but also have 1 year warranty and quickly deliver.f you are looking for replacement IBM laptop batteries,such as IBM laptop battery thinkpad 600,IBM thinkpad 600e,IBM R31,IBM R32,IBM T20,IBM T22,IBM T23,IBM R40 and so on,please go there,they are your resonable choice. Best regards, Roy ...

Auction: IBM 10G7103 IBM 486SLC2 PROCESSOR UPGRADE 52g7796
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-10G7103-IBM-486SLC2-PROCESSOR-UPGRADE-52g7796_W0QQitemZ110055571391QQihZ001QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< End time: Nov-20-06 12:53:39 PST ...

Auction: IBM touch screen system /Complete system all IBM
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-touch-screen-system-Complete-system-all-IBM_W0QQitemZ8764562140QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< Ends Feb-17-06 15:11:28 PST http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8764562140 What is that wire going into the keyboard between CTRL and =E2=86=90 ? Touch screens are neat. I used them when I worked on the PLATO Computer Aided Instruction system for the University of Illinois, Chicago Medical Center. I wonder what ever became of Plato? Dan Dan-the K wrote: > What is that wire going into the keyboard between CTRL and =E2=86=90 ? Dan, I enlarged the system photo to 400%, and all I can see between the right Ctrl key and the left arrow key is the normal plastic keyboard case -- no wire (maybe my eyes are getting too old). Now, at the bottom of the keyboard between the right arrow key and the keypad 0 is the system end of the keyboard cable -- but that's just resting against the bottom edge of the keyboard case. > Touch screens are neat. I used them when I worked on the PLATO > Computer Aided Instruction system for the University of Illinois, > Chicago Medical Center. It's a small world -- I once owned the rx/uia/cerl account (for the non-PLATO folks, uia meant "University of Illinois Author", and CERL was the Computer-based Education Research Laboratory). And if I said, "Bring on the Soul Snarf!", would you know what I was referencing? > I w...

Auction: IBM Video Capture Adapter / A for IBM Personal System/2
BIN 9.99 12 available $10 shipping >http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-Video-Capture-Adapter-A-for-IBM-Personal-System-2_W0QQitemZ5166911589QQcategoryZ3761QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem< -- Reply to ohland@charter.net Can someone forward one to me in France please ? I don't want to do an expensive wire transfer to get one. Thanks Nicolas ...

Auction: Vintage IBM cards XGA Network other retro classic IBM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140118395909 Starting bid AU $9.90 End time: 25-May-07 12:21:09 AEST (8 days 5 hours) Posts to: Worldwide Item location: Melbourne, Australia Up for sale are 3 x vintage IBM expansion cards, these have been in storage for over 10 years in anti static bags, I have been told were in working conditions but am unable to test. They look in great condition the specs (as written on the cards are): XGA-2 FRU NO. 87F4774 IA/A (MADE IN UK) 45F3367 MADGE SMART 16/4 RINGNODE No affiliation -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com ...

Auction: IBM 10G7103 IBM 486SLC2 PROCESSOR UPGRADE 52g7796 #2
<http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-10G7103-IBM-486SLC2-PROCESSOR-UPGRADE-52g7796_W0QQitemZ110061976996QQihZ001QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> BIN ...

IBM
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/06/business/06layoffs.html?ref=business On Mar 6, 10:46=A0am, ibm.su...@ibm.com wrote: > http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/06/business/06layoffs.html?ref=3Dbusiness And this surprises you how? Look, there are a couple of things at play here... First, in S&D, there have been a lot of acquisitions and when you assume a company, you assume their sales force. So you have some overlap. You also have a constant churn in the field reps as you remove weaker workers. Of course the inept management stays put. ;-) I can say more about S&D, but do you really want a lecture on the economies of running an IT Software company? ;-) The point is while I know a lot of people in the S&D ranks who got whacked, I'm not shocked by it. The other cuts? Now that's a different story... With respect to the other RIFs, you have a serious issue where IBM is displacing the work from higher labor cost countries to lower cost workforces. How can you say that there isn't 'job shifting' when you get a person who does job X in the US and is replaced by someone doing job X in another country like India and Brazil? A few years ago, IBM moved a lot of their back office work to Brazil. Very painful in terms of getting things done. Not really noticed by the customer and the S&D team just lumped it and worked around the issues. IBM? They saved money, increasing their profitability at the expense of their ability to...

IBM
hi, could u info if IBM viavoice speech recognition is still available for free download. If not what are my options (Indian with regional lingo also good) for free download of the afore via-voice software varios zenacosta@gmail.com wrote: > could u info if IBM viavoice speech recognition is still available for > free download. Never (to my knowledge) was it legally available for free download. It's currently distributed by Nuance. -- Hubert Cr�py ...

IBM
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/06/business/06layoffs.html?ref=business ...

ibm
I'm Matthew Win Tibbals, pedophile. http://www.matthewtibbals.com ...

IBM
It frightens me that IBM is pushing for more Linux. They have gone to the point of releasing some of their software patents to help spark the growth of Linux. I for one shudder at the fact that some day companies like IBM may make a power play for the control of Linux software development. It will not be in ownership rights, because of the GPL. However, if the corporations of the world start "needing" open source, they will try to control and steer its development by offering large "donations" to get what they are depending on. If open source developers accept these &qu...

IBM URLs (http://www.ibm.com/ vs. http://www-306.ibm.com/)
Hi everyone, one general thing to note when quoting IBM URLs like the following: > Check out http://www-306.ibm.com/software/data/informix/ids/support/ ^^^^ |||| please leave out the "-###" part of the URL and instead quote it like this: http://www.ibm.com/software/data/informix/ids/support/ The "-###" means that the page is provided by a particular host, to which an original HTTP request without such a "-###" has been routed automatically. Usually, the routing will be stable, i.e. a URL with "-###" will normally work. However, if that particular machine is down, then a URL with the "-###" may not work. But a URL without "-###" will still work, because the request will then be routed to a different machine. Therefore at best leave out that "-###" when quoting such URLs. Otherwise, if such a URL one day does not work, remember that you can take away the "-###" part and it then should work. This is a general note, not to pick on any individual e-mail contributor ... only this e-mail was a good example. Besides, there are many people within IBM who don't understand the concept behind this and therefore often just do cut&paste of such URLs into documents, presentations, etc. But since this is a technical audience, I thought it may well worth it to (try t...

Auction: Vintage IBM PS2 PC Hardware Maintenance Manual Models 25
<http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-IBM-PS2-PC-Hardware-Maintenance-Manual_W0QQitemZ270078671271QQihZ017QQcategoryZ74946QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> End time: Jan-18-07 17:11:07 PST These are good for quick service to the systems. I am electric, electric eye... ...

Auc-tion: IBM MICROCHANNEL 1200-2400BPS MODEM FOR IBM PS2 SYSTEMS
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120064993053 End time: Dec-21-06 00:32:30 PST (4 days 11 hours) Ships to: Worldwide Item location: BERTONE MOTORS, CINCINNATI, OHIO, United States No affiliation "picture may not be actual item exactly; but is of and will be a PS2 microchannel modem; picture may not be exact card, I have several to sell and they are not the same, specs are within that stated" -- Jelte ...

Auction: 7 CASES OF IBM SCSI CABLE IBM MES BM:34L7054
<http://cgi.ebay.com/7-CASES-OF-IBM-SCSI-CABLE-IBM-MES-BM-34L7054_W0QQitemZ330055601649QQihZ014QQcategoryZ64047QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> BIN IBM SCSI Computer Cable Mes BM:34L7054. 7 cases, 1 cable in each case, each cable approx 100 ft. > IBM SCSI Computer Cable Mes BM:34L7054. 7 cases, 1 cable in each case, > each cable approx 100 ft. I am curious about this. I have been using SCSI since 1989, and I have never know a SCSI standard to reach 100ft. ISTR 2-3 meters was max length of SCSI-I, SCSI-II varied 7 to 12 meeters, and later SCSI lengths were shorter due to the higher speeds of data transmission. Can anyone comment on this? I tend to believe the auction is really for a loooooong parallel printer cable. exwisdem I googled 34L7054, but most of the hits were from that auction or seller. Less than 20 hits. Louis Ohland wrote: > <http://cgi.ebay.com/7-CASES-OF-IBM-SCSI-CABLE-IBM-MES-BM-34L7054_W0QQitemZ330055601649QQihZ014QQcategoryZ64047QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> > > BIN > > IBM SCSI Computer Cable Mes BM:34L7054. 7 cases, 1 cable in each case, > each cable approx 100 ft. Hi David, "exwisdem" <daress@donet.com> schreef in bericht news:1168023195.513496.68090@42g2000cwt.googlegroups.com... > >> IBM SCSI Computer Cable Mes BM:34L7054. 7 cases, 1 cable in each case, >> each cable approx 100 ft. > > I am curious about this. I have been using SCSI since 1989, an...

IBM Circuit Board (Processing Unit) auction New Hypertech with IBM chip?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3039915213 Aug-13-03 19:31:51 PDT Visa/MasterCard, American Express, Discover Positive feedback: 88.3% Looks to be a 386 to 486 upgrade, a bit odd, see the IBM branded ckip in the upper left. Also, there are some empty PLCC sockets, I dunno if they are unneeded, or if it was stripped. Almost screams Hypertech. Louis Ohland wrote: > > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3039915213 > Also, there are some empty PLCC sockets Not really sure, in Photoshop, they look to be filled. Bad im...

Auction: IBM Video Capture Adapter / A for IBM Personal System/2 #2
>http://cgi.ebay.com/IBM-Video-Capture-Adapter-A-for-IBM-Personal-System-2_W0QQitemZ5166911589QQcategoryZ3761QQcmdZViewItem< BIN Sealed in box, includes cables. 13 available. ...

Auction: IBM Model 9595 Microchannel Mainboard w/32M IBM RAM
http://search.ebay.com/310005766659 End time: Dec-13-07 18:16:52 PST Single parallel / single serial planar, op panel and floppy cables, 32MB FPM. These folks are in contention for the coveted "Dollar Wrench" award from the Ardent Tool. See the price and make up your mind. Item: IBM Model 9595 Microchannel Mainboard w/32M IBM RAM Description: IBM Model 9595 Microchannel Mainboard w/32M IBM RAM - FRU #04G3863 - includes (8) 4MB parity SIMMS (32MB total) - includes device cables ...

Auction: IBM 80/120MB INTERNAL TAPE DRIVE 30F5167 ORIGINAL IBM
http://search.ebay.com/180167746789 BIN Quantity: 8 available ...

IBM 11H3600 GENUINE IBM SCSI-2 ADAPTER FAST/WIDE auction
Comes with F/W cable from a 7013-590 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3040508190 Aug-17-03 12:00:16 PDT Louis Ohland schrieb: > > Comes with F/W cable from a 7013-590 > > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3040508190 > Aug-17-03 12:00:16 PDT worth alone for the cabling. unlukily he ships inside Canada only. )o: has some more nice items as well. Gereon ...

Web resources about - Smoke a bowl Auction: IBM 33F8354 IBM 8590 BATTERY (CR2032) - comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware