SoundPiper 16, 32, 32 voice and 3D sound confusion

http://ps-2.kev009.com/ohlandl/sound/SoundPiper.html

Added a bit more to the page. Devon Rose up in Maple Syrup Land asked me
about an SP32 on fleabay.

I see the SB32 seems to use a refinement of the SP16 version 2 card, the
Yamaha YMF262 disappears. I assume the big QuickLogic FPGA picks up the
DAC as well as the 32 voice wavetable?

Piper said there was a 3D option as well. At this point I dunno if the
Wavetable was on a header, the 3Dditto, or if what they did in the FPGA.
0
Louis

Louis Ohland wrote:

> http://ps-2.kev009.com/ohlandl/sound/SoundPiper.html
>
> Added a bit more to the page. Devon Rose up in Maple Syrup Land asked me
> about an SP32 on fleabay.
>
> I see the SB32 seems to use a refinement of the SP16 version 2 card, the
> Yamaha YMF262 disappears. I assume the big QuickLogic FPGA picks up the
> DAC as well as the 32 voice wavetable?
>
> Piper said there was a 3D option as well. At this point I dunno if the
> Wavetable was on a header, the 3Dditto, or if what they did in the FPGA.

I remember rummaging through the computer recycle center and finding Pipers
in 9577's.
I found two 32 pipers and one 16 piper.  The 32's always ran great but the
16 always gave me problems.

EZoto

0
Euclides