Still looking for an IBM PS/2 "Host Connect" 122-key keyboard

Hello All,
     Should have a PS/2-style connector & was intended for the later series
(35, 40, 56, 57, 76, 77) PS/2s using terminal emulation boards. If not
getting the real thing, a better picture than what I currently have could be
used too. I'm thinking of an IBM keyboard documentation page (a little
different from what Louis has, mainly showing identifying marks for the
various PC (including 3270, PC jr, Convertible, & Portable models), XT, AT,
& PS/2 keyboards out there.
                  David
                  Put my name in front of my domain

0
David

David L. Beem wrote:

> Hello All,
>      Should have a PS/2-style connector & was intended for the later
>      series
> (35, 40, 56, 57, 76, 77) PS/2s using terminal emulation boards. If not
> getting the real thing, a better picture than what I currently have could
> be used too. I'm thinking of an IBM keyboard documentation page (a little
> different from what Louis has, mainly showing identifying marks for the
> various PC (including 3270, PC jr, Convertible, & Portable models), XT,
> AT, & PS/2 keyboards out there.

If you know the FRU number <http://www.pckeyboard.com> can probably build
you one from spare parts for a price.  That's assuming one of their stock
boards <http://www.pckeyboard.com/emulator.html> won't do the job--some of
them did have problems with some PS/2 models at one time I understand--I
don't know what the resolution was.

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

I think this is what you are looking for.
http://www.zoooz.com/review/content.asp?idx=75
It's a Korean web page.  Hard to understand even with translation service.
P/N of the keyboard is 1393656.
The author wrote the keyboard can be used under Windows. He also wrote
that correct name of the keyboard according to the associated manual,
it is " IBM Personal System/2 122-Keyboard", and is for  for 3270 terminal
emulator.

sandy
0
sandy
9/30/2004 11:07:07 AM
Hi Sandy,
> I've been looking for an 122-Key M with a ps/2 plug, too. No luck yet.
> I think this is what you are looking for.
> http://www.zoooz.com/review/content.asp?idx=75
> It's a Korean web page. Hard to understand even with translation
> service. P/N of the keyboard is 1393656. The author wrote the
> keyboard can be used under Windows. He also wrote that correct
> name of the keyboard according to the associated manual, it is "IBM
> Personal System/2 122-Keyboard", and is for 3270 terminal emulator.
     The pictures will do very well. Nice to have so many views of the items
of interest. Besides the 3270 (which I will see how the keys compare to
those of the 3270 PC & various terminal types out there) the keyboard would
also support 5250 emulation (some keys may have to be changed).
                                   David
                                   Put my name in front of my domain

0
David

IBM PS/2 Model M5-1 "Clicky" Keyboard w/Trackball Auction (not associated with seller)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5790946983 This person is selling these things BRAND NEW (Buy It Now) for $9.99 + $10 shipping. This is the Model M that has the trackball above the arrow keys. Date of Mfg on backs are 1993. I know I'd like to have one of these babies (I just got one), sure some of you would also...if you don't already. :) He's got nearly 50 left. --Daniel Notice: These are PayPal *only*...never mind that the listing says: "Seller's payment instructions Buyer must contact us within 2 days of auction closing if not using the paypal option." But that's not the case as per the seller. He's willing to take a money order since I didn't know (can I be the only one?) but others might consider this before buying any keyboards. William Hi Daniel, > ...This is the Model M that has the trackball above the arrow > keys. I know I'd like to have one of these babies (I just got > one), sure some of you would also...if you don't already... Granted I didn't look too hard at which mouse driver I have, but it didn't find the trackball when it loaded. Are you using a specific one? Keyboard portion IDs just like all the other 101-key designs (83ABh). David David@IBMMuseum.com IBMMuseum wrote: > Hi Daniel, > >>...This is the Model M that has the trackball above the arrow >>keys. I k...

Non-IBM alternative to "IBM Access Connections" ?
I'm looking for an application (or heck, even a cheap registry patch!) that will allow a laptop to switch between wired and wireless connections automatically, preferring wired Ethernet of course. I know that IBM Access Connections is such an application that does it for IBM/Lenovo Thinkpad's, but I'm looking for something more generic for use on any laptop with Windows XP. Does such an animal exist? -Rob XP should already be able to do this automatically. Go to the Network Connections folder. Select 'Advanced' from the menu bar, 'Advanced Settings'. The &...

"IBM PS/2 Software Solutions"
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3659352390 NA I bid. (I'm "wakeco-pc")... Had one of these a while ago but somehow managed to loose most of it... Joe the Scavenger "Kevin Bowling" <kevin.bowlingNO.SPAM@wans.REMOVETHIS.net> wrote in message news:_pzUb.3985$226.1186@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com... > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3659352390 > NA > > "Joseph Wakeman" <dwake@wccta.net> wrote in message news:bvugqk$ndn$1@news.netins.net... > I bid. (I'm "wakeco-pc")... Had one of these a while ago but somehow > managed to loose most of it... > > Joe the Scavenger I don't know if it was part of THIS package, but I wouldn't mind getting a replacement copy of the DOS-based "Quicken Financial Planner" that was distributed with the model 35s and 40s in '92 or so. - FM - ...

Another "IBM PS/2 Files" Mirror
Hello all! Looks like the word is getting out... Someone wrote me today to say that they'd put up a new mirror of Dan Hamilton's IBM PS/2 Files collection. http://www.nefastus.org/ibm-ps2 William William R. Walsh wrote: > Hello all! > > Looks like the word is getting out... > > Someone wrote me today to say that they'd put up a new mirror of Dan > Hamilton's IBM PS/2 Files collection. > > http://www.nefastus.org/ibm-ps2 > > William > > Seems like he mirrored a very old copy. It's still good that it's mirrored! The latest can always be found at: http://ps2supersite.homedns.org/files/ Last time I added or updated it was back in March of this year (2006). That mirror was from 2004....looks like the very first version of it. --Daniel ...

Is it possible to distinguish the "." key from numeric keyboard and the "." from the keyboard itself?
Is it possible to distinguish the "." key from numeric keyboard and the "." from the keyboard itself? The inkey returns for both of them the same value when the writing language is English but when we are writing in another language (that supports "," as decimal separator) the "." key from numeric keyboard returns ",". What we want is when we use inkey to be possible to distinguish this 2 keys so it will be possible to translate the "." key from the numeric keyboard to returns always a dot. Under Dos it returns always "." on...

IBM "Olympic" TR adapters / PS/2 ThinkPads with Cardbus?
Hi there! I'm fiddling around with the MCA Linux kernel again. I've come across a IBM "Olympic" TR chipset driver. Questions: 1. Do MC TR adapters with this "Olympic" chipset exist? 2. Do PS/2 ThinkPads support Cardbus (32-bit PCMCIA style PCI) and therefore have a PCI bus? 3. Is there general interest in this driver, maybe for PCI/MCA machines or later ThinkPads? Saskia PS: Added EtherStreamer support. -- Remove ".KEIN.ROASTBEEF" from my address to send mail Hi Saskia ! > Hi there! > > I'm fiddling around with the MCA Linux kernel again. I've come across a > IBM "Olympic" TR chipset driver. Questions: > > 1. Do MC TR adapters with this "Olympic" chipset exist? Oof. The LAN-Streamer MC32 is basically the root for the Olympic chipset. The PCI adapters inherited a lot of the LAN-Streamer. Usually the MC TR adapters were "Tropic" - shared RAM adapters with only mediocre transfer rates. > 2. Do PS/2 ThinkPads support Cardbus (32-bit PCMCIA style PCI) and > therefore have a PCI bus? No. Not the old ones. They're 5V / 16-bit standard PCMCIA only. Cannot remember which one of the Past-Pentium 233MMX's got Cardbus. Might have been the 600E (?) or the TP i-Series (1200 / 1400 / 1500 ...) and later types. The 770 isn't. I have one. Basically all 7xx are 16-bit. > 3. Is there general interest in this driver, mayb...

IBM 122-key Host Connect. keyboards on eBay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5796990321&ssPageName=A DME:B:SS:UK:1 -- Cheers, Tim Clarke Guildford, U.K. Tim Clarke wrote: > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5796990321&ssPageName=A > DME:B:SS:UK:1 Already got one weeks ago. The seller is very nice and the keyboard looks like new! =o) Saskia -- Remove ".KEIN.ROASTBEEF" from my address to send mail Hi All, To give further information, these are recognized by "late model" PS/2s (Models 35/40, 56/57, 76/77, 85/95). This can be verified by a INT 15h, AH=C0h, with Feature Byte 2, bit 6 being set. Then INT 16, AH=09h can be called, with bit 6 of AL checked on return: "122-key keyboard support" (meaning INT 16h, AH=20 through AH=22 is supported). David David@IBMMuseum.com ...

Finally identified an Inline 2060 "IBM PS/2 Distribution Amplifier"
<http://web.archive.org/web/19970101012127/www.inlineinc.com/products/distamp/2060.htm< IN2060 1-In 2-Out VGA Distribution Amplifier Amplifies VGA, SVGA, XGA and XGA2 Signals Click on photo to see large color photo Allows the VGA Signal from One Computer to Feed Two Displays Simultaneously: - Loop-Through Output Provides Signal for Local Computer Monitor - Buffered Video Output Drives Second Data Display Device: Computer Monitor, Large Data/Presentation Monitor, LCD Panel or Projector Buffered Output Has Increased Video Gain - Will Drive up to 100' of High Resolution Coaxial Cable 100 MHz Video Bandwidth 15-Pin HD Input and Output Connectors Durable Metal Case Enclosure The IN2060 is a dedicated VGA distribution amplifier designed to split the VGA signal from a single computer video card between a local monitor and a second display device. Wide Compatibility- The IN2060 operates with analog video signals from a wide variety of IBM and compatible PC computer video formats including VGA, SVGA, XGA, XGA2 and 8514A. Input signals to the IN2060 must be in the RGBHV format and provided on a 15-Pin HD female connector. Local Monitor Output - a passive loop-through output feeds video signal to the local computer monitor. When the IN2060 is used without a local monitor, an IN9031 15-Pin HD Male VGA Termination Plug (included) must be used to provide the correct 75 Ohm termination. B...

IBM PS/2 vs standard "clone" 1.44 drives
I own two MCA IDE cards, so IDE disks can be used. Has ever built an MCA card in order to replace the PS/2 floppy with a standard (?) one ? The clone 1.44 disk must be bootable, obviously :) Floppy drives are double-critical, since the setup is floppy based ... supervinx wrote: > Has ever built an MCA card in order to replace the PS/2 floppy with a > standard (?) one ? IBM Printing Systems (long before the outfit was sold to Ricoh) used the PS/2-style 720K and 1.44MB 3.5-inch floppy drives in the 6262 printer. When the PS/2-style drives became almost impossible to obtain, they came up with adapter cables that allowed them to use selected OEM 3.5-inch floppy drives in the 6262 printer. They could do this because their drive mounting allowed for enough room in the back to accommodate the adapter cable, if you wanted to do the same with most PS/2s you'd need to "customize" the floppy mounting location. Some of the RS/6000 models also used the adapter cable, I believe that the 7012-390 was one example. I'm pretty sure that this adapter cable only worked with systems that used a single floppy drive. Rick Ekblaw On Sun, 23 Oct 2011 12:59:25 -0400, Rick Ekblaw <ekblaw@vnet.ibm.com> wrote: >supervinx wrote: >> Has ever built an MCA card in order to replace the PS/2 floppy with a >> standard (?) one ? > >IBM Printing Systems (long before the outfit was sold to Ricoh) used the >...

IBM PS/2 76 486 Computer "Good" auction (Toronto area)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2786959396 Feb-17-04 14:44:22 PST Markham, ON Bermuda based 76. See the SCSI port. Looks to be a security cable attatchment point on the back. See, Virginia, they really DO exist! -- Reply to me at louis little punctuation mark ohland with the same ISP > Bermuda based 76. See the SCSI port. Looks to be a security cable > attatchment point on the back. See, Virginia, they really DO exist! Looks like a standard eye-bolt put thru one of the security cable holes. --Phil ...

Auction: AN "IBM", PS/2, MODEL L 40 SX, DESKTOP COMPUTER !!!
!!! indeed...seem to be a lot of these turning up lately. http://search.ebay.com/270103804480 Starting bid of $9.99. No PSU, looks to be in decent condition with only one port door missing from the back. Ship to the US and Canada. Ends Apr-01-07 21:17:03 PDT. Located in Endicott, NY. No PayPal and checks take 1 week to clear. No affiliation. William ...

Auction: IBM PS/2 TV Watch TV On Computer while using it "PIP"
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160169080235 Starting bid: US $9.77 End time: Oct-22-07 11:13:32 PDT (5 days 21 hours) Ships to: United States Item location: Cocoa, Florida, United States # IBM PS/2 TV Machine Type: 2460 .... We do not have the IBM PS/2 Computer so could only power the unit up- it appears to be fully functional and we are offering it complete with the power supply and will ship in the original box! No affiliation -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com ...

"""""""""ADD ME""""""""""

Auction: IBM Model M "Clicky" Keyboard P/N 42H1292 PS2 1996
This is the clicky IBM Model M keyboard sans speaker grille that Su spoke of a long time ago. I got at least two from her when I went to Texas. They're Model Ms in every way except for the lack of a speaker hole and the different color of the LED overlay. The ones I have were made in Greenock. http://search.ebay.com/190156544758 $9.99 starting bid. PayPal account required. Ends Oct-02-2007 07:30:46 PDT (17 hours, 55 minutes). $13.95 shipping to the US only. No affiliation. William ...

"ClientConn", "ClientRate" and "Connect"
Hello. Is a ratecontrol and conncontrol features not work for networks described via connect in access ? For example: -----part of /etc/mail/access----- ClientConn:192.168.1 1 ClientRate:192.168.1 1 Connect:192.168.1 RELAY ----------------------------------- -- Regards, Sergey Sergey wrote: > Is a ratecontrol and conncontrol features not work for networks described via connect in access ? > For example: > ClientConn:192.168.1 1 > ClientRate:192.168.1 1 > Connect:192.168.1 RELAY See cf/README. Connect:cy...

a = [ "1", "2", "3" ] v/s a = new Array ( "1", "2", "3" ) identical in all ways?
Do these result in identical objects? a = [ "1", "2", "3" ] a = new Array ( "1", "2", "3" ) On Aug 25, 1:30=A0pm, okey wrote: > Do these result in identical objects? > > a =3D [ "1", "2", "3" ] > a =3D new Array ( "1", "2", "3" ) Yes, but:- a =3D [ 2 ]; a =3D new Array( 2 ); - do not. Richard. okey wrote: > Do these result in identical objects? > > a = [ "1", "2", "3" ] > a = new Array ( "1", "2"...

Auctions (2): Three IBM PS2 Graphics Adapters 8514/A *AND* IBM MicroChannel 4869 External 5-1/4" Disk Drive (360K)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270123874305 Starting bid: US $0.99 End time: May-31-07 16:43:43 PDT (6 days 3 hours) Ships to: United States Item location: Surprise, Arizona, United States IBM PS/2 MicroChannel CAD Workstation Graphics Cards Model 8514/A listing is for a quantity of three shipped for a single price Also by same seller : http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270123854097 Starting bid: US $0.99 End time: May-31-07 15:51:52 PDT (6 days 3 hours) Includes the drive sled, the MCA adapter card and ribbon cables for inside the box (as shown in the picture). No affiliation PS William, WCT is mentioned in both auctions. -- Jelte, admirer of the letter of IBM with blue Ishiki The information contained in this post is copyright the poster and specifically may not be published in, or used by http://www.jlaforums.com ...

Re-map "enter" key to "fn" on 17" Powerbook keyboard?
I'd love to convert the enter key to the right of the command key to a second fn key. I was once successfully instructed on how to do this with ResEdit in OS 9, but that was long ago and far away, in OS terms... Any advice much appreciated. Thanks to all, Prospero "One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing to do and always a clever thing to say." -- Will Durant Prospero Spooks <lswear@yahoo.com> wrote: > I'd love to convert the enter key to the right of the command key to > a second fn key. http://www.gnufoo.org/ucontrol/ ...

Hello Partners, Please find the requirement below. Please send the updated resume along with rate and contact no. REQ#1: Title : Java Developer ( Rating Project) Duration : 6 months Rate : open Location : NY strong java, WebLogic 9.2, Web Services, Oracle REQ#2: Title : Java Developer Duration : 4 months Rate : open Location : NY Strong java, SQL REQ#3: Title : VB.Net Consultant Location : NY Duration : 4 months Rate : open Primarily looking at someone who has Excel, VB.net and Oracle (good to have). Req #4: Title : Java Developer (MSA Project) Duration : 6+ months Rate : open Location : NY Note : Please send your updated resume along with contact no karthik@bhaninfo.com : No phone calls please. Thanks & Regards Karthik BhanInfo karthik@bhaninfo.com ...

IBM AT "selectric" keyboards for iMacs?
I like to use ancient metal-keyed IBM AT keyboards that 'click' when I hammer on them. They can take a beating and last forever. I still use them on my x86-based machines. Are there keyboards available for the Mac that are industrial-strong type keyboards? I am missing some of the feeling in my fingers from an old spinal injury, so I like to hear the clicks of the keyboard when I type. I guess an Apple version would have to have these special "apple keys" on it. Ever see one? In article <QwvBd.26732$sz2.22336@fe08.lga>, bsd23 <bsder@null.net> wrote:...

about "++" and "--"

"If then; if then;" and "If then; if;"

"or" and "and"

Web resources about - Still looking for an IBM PS/2 "Host Connect" 122-key keyboard - comp.sys.ibm.ps2.hardware